019

Skinny Love

019

WHO KNOWS WHO'S POV

 

Saturday morning and Tiffany decided to take a walk in the park with Jessica. It was pretty unusual for Jessica to wake up early in a Saturday morning. Tiffany was kind of worried that her friend is acting weirdly since she abruptly woke up from her slumber. Tiffany was bothered on what could probably going on inside Jessica's mind. Jessica woke up in a nightmare. She was sweating and catching her breath when she woke up. Tiffany worriedly asked her what's wrong with her. Jessica only shook her head as an answer. However, Tiffany knows something's wrong with Jessica's nightmare. Now, it bugged the hell out for her leaving her a question: What happened in her nightmare?

Tiffany was also feeling weird of herself. Why would she bother knowing a nightmare of someone? She doesn't even know if it's a big deal or not. But since it's Jessica, she's worried.

"Why do I feel so bad today?" Jessica muttered while walking with Tiffany.

She was holding Tiffany's pet, Prince, while walking down with her in the park. Tiffany stared at her for a good moment. Jessica really seemed scared as Tiffany looked  at her eyes. She's like hiding something from her. Pain? Fear? It's like Jessica's hiding this sort of anxiety away from her. Or perhaps, to Donghae, or to Krystal.


Jessica, on the other hand, became really scared after the nightmare she had last night. Everything came back to her like a sudden rush. Flashes of memories of her back then flew to her mind once again. Her past went haunting her once again. She thought she'd finally get rid of those. But, she's wrong. Absolutely wrong.

"They say you can forget about the bad memories you've once had but there are times that it'll keep on haunting you down. Funny, right? Like the things you just want to forget suddenly comes back to you like boomerang? The feeling that you already threw it somewhere far and yet it'll come back to you?" Jessica chuckled as she told Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at her with concern. "Why? Is everything alright? Why are you suddenly bringing your past up? Did something happen before?" she continuously asked.

Jessica just let out a chuckle. She can feel the tears that are starting to form in her eyes. The memory flashes back to her mind. Those memories that even if she try so hard to forget, she knows to herself that she won't. Tiffany noticed the tears that are now filling Jessica's eyes and grabbed Prince from her and dragged her to the nearest bench.

"Back then when we were in California... remember when I stayed there with my grandmother?"

Tiffany only nodded.

"I stayed with her because she's the only who could take care of me because my parents were here in Seoul and they're actually filing a divorce that time. I was going through a lot that time in such a young age. That's when I knew that I was actually adopted. And that's when I figured things out like why does my grandmother hates me so much and why she treats Krystal like a princess while I'm... just nothing, probably someone who's nothing to her. My mom doesn't care about me that much and cares a lot for Soojung when she came. It has been my dad who's caring for me that time."

Tears filled Jessica's eyes as she reminisced the past that she wanted to forget and throw. Tiffany, who knew about all of it for the first time didn't see it coming. Who would've actually believe that someone like Jessica Jung has this kind of story?

"When I was choosing for a course to take in college, I was really rooting for Fashion Designing but mom and grandma wanted me to just take business. I and Krystal were rooting for Fashion Designing, actually. They only let Krystal take that. And also, back when I was in San Francisco, the reason why I often go to your house to sleep isn't really the fact that my grandma permitted me to go to a sleepover to your house. I was actually thrown out of the house that time."

Tiffany gasped in disbelief. "So those bruises..."

"I always get hit. That's why I keep on wearing sweaters and jackets back then because I have a lot of bruises on my arm." Jessica answered.

"You could've told me! Or you could've reported it! It's-It's not really appropriate! It's bad, you know!"

Jessica faked a smile. "I can't. I don't want to. After all, she's still my grandmother."

Tiffany groaned.

"Aren't you scared of her? You could've at least filed a restraining order!" Tiffany told her in concern.

"That's years ago, okay? But still, even if it happened years ago, I can't help but to feel scared. Maybe that's where I got traumatized. I was thrown out for the nth time that time and it was really raining hard. She won't let me in and so I decided to go to your house but then, I felt ashamed because I keep on going over there so I just went to the bus stop where there's a shed and spent a day or two there."

"You were so pitiful. That is way too much! Why didn't I know all of these? Why didn't you tell me? Does anyone else knew about this? What about Donghae? Or Krystal? Or perhaps, Siwon? Do they know this?" Tiffany bombarded her with a lot of question.

Jessica just shook her head as an answer.

"Oh god." Tiffany groaned once again. "Was your nightmare last night all about that?"

"Yes, it is." Jessica replied with a nod and a faint smile.

"I see," Tiffany nodded. "What happened then?"

"T'was when I was a kid, my grandma used to lock me in a dark room in our house back then when I used to play with you guys during the afternoon and I go home late," she answered. "And she keeps on hitting me with a stick and I was crying out loud but she seemed unstoppable."

"No wonder you were crying. You were breathless and I keep on shaking you just for you to wake up. Guess your not fully recovered yet." Tiffany told with sad eyes.

Jessica nodded in ageement. "I thought I got over it but I thought wrong."

"But what if you see her again? Where is she, by the way?" Tiffany asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she's somewhere but I don't really know where she is." Jessica answered as she looked from left to right in fear that her grandma might be just around.

"It would be better if you guys don't see each other." Tiffany said as a matter of fact.

"Much better." Jessica muttered under her breath.

 


"Any plans today, Jessi?" Tiffany asked as she dried her hair with a blower.

Jessica thought for a while. "No, I don't have any."

Tiffany raised her brow, "Oh? Jinjja?"

Jessica nodded. "Why?"

"It's Saturday. Aren't you going on a date with Donghae today?"

"We just went on a date last night, right?" Jessica responded with a sweet smile.

Tiffany cheered up out of a sudden. "Ah! Right! And the kiss!"

Jessica's eyes widened. She didn't know Tiffany knew about that. She began to wonder if Tiffany was somewhere out there watching over them. Jessica stood up from where she's sitting. "YOU KNEW ABOUT THAT?!"

As far as Jessica could remember, she never told Tiffany a single thing about the kiss, only about how the movie they watched went. And for sure, Tiffany will be teasing the hell out of her again.

"I swear it was not really my intention to watch you guys, okay?! It just happened. I was about to go out of the building when I saw Donghae's car parked nearby then I saw you guys uhm.. kissing haha!" Tiffany kept on sending Jessica a teasing look and smile.

Jessica smacked her face. Face-palmed, perhaps. Embarrassment got into her though there's nothing she should be embarrassed about. Her cheeks flushed red and she hid her face into her palms. 

"Our Jessica's blushing!!" Tiffany chirped.

Jessica covered her face.

Tiffany finished drying her hair and immediately took a seat beside her bestfriend. She sighed and wondered what should they do since it's Saturday. She asked Jessica but only to receive a shrug.

"Truth or dare?" she questioned Jessica and herself.

Jessica scoffed. "You know that game isn't fun when there's only the two of us playing it."

An idea popped in Tiffany's mind. She grabbed her phone and dialled some digits of their friends to invite.

"You're not planning to throw a slumber party, are you?" Jessica asked while eyeing Tiffany.

"Oh, me? Of course I am throwing one," Tiffany smirked. "And I'm inviting the girls and also the two."

Jessica sighed in defeat.

Tiffany is indeed unstoppable.

 

 

"Are you in good terms with Jihyun already?" Tiffany asked her as the both of them waited for their friends to come over.

"Of course, I am. Why? You invited her?"

Tiffany nodded. Tiffany knows that Jessica used to hate Jihyun because of her obsession with Donghae. Jihyun confronted Jessica to tell her to stay away from Donghae because he's hers. She always claims that she's Donghae's girlfriend and that's what irritated the hell out of Jessica. Donghae and Jessica were still bestfriends back then when Jihyun interfered. Jihyun basically hates the fact that Jessica is closer to Donghae than hers and it made her jealous as if Donghae was her boyfriend. And now, seeing her again makes Jessica uncomfortable most especially when Donghae's coming over as well.

"Well, that's good to hear that you guys are okay again!" Tiffany flashed a smile showing her infamous eyesmile.

Jessica faked a smile and nodded, left with no choice. She convinced herself that everything will turn out fine since she already got Donghae, after all. He chose her instead of Jihyun. He loves her instead of Jihyun. And most importantly, he's hers not Jihyun's.

After a few minutes, the doorbell rang. Tiffany immediately went to open the door and it revealed their friends. It was Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri and Jihyun. Seohyun and Yoona couldn't make it because the both of them are studying for their final exams that coming week while the rest of them are already done with the stressful exams. Finally, they could relax and just wait for the vacation.

"What's up with you guys and you suddenly called us to have a slumber party?" the first thing that came out from Taeyeon's mouth.

"She's been asking the same question for quite a while now and she won't just shut up. She's itching to ask you guys that question." Sooyoung laughed as she shared.

"Hey, my Hyukjae's coming over! Is that okay?" Hyoyeon asked, while blinking her eyes repeatedly.

"Of course! Siwon and Donghae will be coming over as well so it's no big deal! He wouldn't feel out of place!" Tiffany answered with a smile on her face.

Jessica was eyeing Jihyun and saw her react upon hearing Donghae's name. She seemed to cheer up when she heard his name and with that, Jessica felt something was going to happen but then, not wanting to cause any drama, she shrugged the thought away and just joined the conversation between Sunny and Yuri whom she really missed.

"I really missed you guys!!" she said as she hugged the two.

"Yah Jung Sooyeon! You didn't miss me?!" Taeyeon frowned as she pouted, sending glares to Jessica, pretending to be mad at her.

"Who told you I didn't?" Jessica asked back as she stood up from where's she's seating and went to Taeyeon's direction to hug her real tight. "TaengSic Shidae, remember?"

"Eeeey, you really know how to make me smile, eh?" Taeyeon told her and grinned like a kid.

"Of course!"


A couple of minutes had passed, while the girls are in the middle of a conversation, the doorbell rang once again. It was the guys, for sure. Jessica has been waiting for them since earlier when she noticed Jihyun's reaction. There's this feeling inside of her wanting to secure Donghae from Jihyun. Must be her possessive side is showing. Tiffany was about to stand up when Jessica stopped her.

"I'll get it. Just continue what you guys were talking about." Jessica told and went towards the door's direction. She swung the door open and there stood the guys. Siwon, Donghae, Hyukjae and Minho were there outside, waiting for the door to be opened. Jessica happily greeted the four of them. Donghae immediately welcomed himself as he went in abruptly to hug his girlfriend right away.

"You missed me that much, huh?" Jessica told him sarcastically.

"Every single minute." Donghae whispered as he kissed her hair. He loves to smell her. He was pretty addicted to her scent now and smelling her hair has been his habit ever since they got together. Siwon, Eunhyuk and Minho went to the living room to meet their girlfriends while Donghae and Jessica were left by the door.

Donghae closed the door by pushing it using his right foot as he pinned Jessica to the wall and just stared at her, admiring her serene face, her perfection. He really is lucky to have someone like her.

"I'm feeling so lucky to deserve a girl like you." he whispered to her ear as he buried his face in her neck.

Jessica giggled as it tickled her. "The others are here. They might see us."

"No, they don't." he replied, not moving an inch.

"Jihyun's here."

Faster than the wind, he removed his face from her neck and looked at his girlfriend unbelievably upon hearing a certain person's name. "She's... WHAT?!"

"Shhhhh!" Jessica hushed.

"Oh, Donghae-oppa's here?" Jihyun's voice was heard from the living room.


Jessica and Donghae looked at each other, sending thoughts to each other through telepathy. They were eyeing each other for a good minute or two before Donghae wrapped his arm around her waist. Jessica did the same as the both of acted lovey dovey while going towards the living room.

"Donghae-oppa, annyeong!!" Jihyun greeted cheerfully as she immediately saw Donghae but then seeing him with Jessica makes her jealous.

Siwon and Eunhyuk saw the sudden change of Jihyun's expression. The two of them glanced at each other and began laughing silently behind Jihyun's back.

"Oh my gosh, the two of you are way sweeter than the chocolates!!" Hyoyeon said in awe as she clapped her hands like a little kid.

"I know right! These two, really!" Tiffany agreed.

The couple never separated from each other. The both of them decided not to stay away from each other because Jihyun was there. Well, aside from making her jealous, Jessica's just giving her some hints to stay away from Donghae because he's already off-limits. Siwon and Eunhyuk continued laughing as they enjoyed what they're seeing. They knew that the couple was making someone jealous and it's actually working, pretty obvious in Jihyun's face.

"So, who wants to play Truth or Dare with me?" Tiffany asked, holding an empty bottle of wine in her right hand.

Everybody agreed.

 

All of them are seriously having fun while playing Truth or Dare. Siwon picked Dare and he was dared to make some horse sound. Eunhyuk was also dared to act like a monkey. Taeyeon picked Truth and she finally admitted that she's dating someone. Now, it was Taeyeon's turn to spin the bottle. She spun it and when it stopped, it pointed to Jessica.

"Finally! Truth or Dare, Jessi?" Tiffany asked, thinking of some questions and dares.

Jessica squeezed Donghae's hand as she fought with herself whether she'll choose Truth or Dare. That was the reason she didn't want to play that game. She doesn't want to be interrogated and much worse, she doesn't want to do some dares. Knowing these people around her, sure, they'll be asking silly questions and dares.

"Truth?" Jessica replied in a questioning tone.

Tiffany was about to ask her when Taeyeon interfered with a much more interesting question. "Ah, ah! I know a better question!"

Tiffany let her do the honor and Taeyeon cleared before asking. "When was the last time you had been kissed by someone and who is that someone?"

Everyone seemed to be interested about what will Jessica answer. Sure, Tiffany already knew about it. She just saw Jessica and Donghae kissing last night and remembering what happened last night made her giggle a bit.

Jessica glanced at Donghae who's looking away, probably hiding his blushing cheeks as she put her attention back to her friends. "Just last night."

"Oooh."

"By who? And where did he kiss you?" Hyoyeon asked her interestedly.

"One questions at a time." Jessica insisted as she hugged Donghae.

"No! We still didn't get the answer we're waiting for." Taeyeon protested as she smirked.

Jessica sighed. "Uh, fine," she muttered. "On the lips. By a fish."

Tiffany laughed out loud. "It wasn't just smack though."

Everyone gasped and now the both of them are hiding their faces in embarrassment. Jessica buried her face on Donghae's chest as he looked away to hide his tomato-red face.

"Okay, we got the answer we want. Let's move on!" Jihyun tried to hide her jealousy as she changed the topic and grabbed the empty bottle to hand it to Jessica.

Jessica took it and spun it as it pointed to Jihyun. Before she could even ask her whether it's a truth or dare, Jihyun already answered. "I'll pick both." she bravely told.

Everybody was stunned.

Hyoyeon insisted to ask and give her the question and the dare wherein Taeyeon agreed.

"Okay, here's the question. Do you like someone right now? If so, kiss that person." Hyoyeon challenged.

Yuri and Minho refused as she protested. "But hey! What if the person she likes isn't here?"

Hyoyeon soon realized that she was wrong about that. "Oh, I'll change it. Sor--"

"No! I'll do it." Jihyun cut her off and in just a  glimpse, she turned to someone who is beside her, cupped his face and kissed him right on the lips.

Infront of everyone.

Infront of his girlfriend.

Then it occured to Tiffany that inviting Jihyun to come over was a terrible idea.

 

__________________________

author's note

Had been busy with school lately and I'm sorry for updating just now.
I hope you guys still love my story even though I rarely update lately.
Thanks to those who upvoted and to those who reads my story.
I apologize for the rare updates :(

Send me your comments! It means a lot to me, really :)
Hope you guys like the 19th chapter and thanks for reading!!

P.S: I'm planning to extend this story haha

Lots of love.