026

Skinny Love

 

026
THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

From: Appa
Meet Myungsoo at the coffee shop a few blocks away from the company. 4pm, sharp. Don't be late.


It was the thing that Jessica had seen first thing in the morning. She groaned as she threw her phone somewhere and unwillingly get off of the bed, much to her disagreement. Saturday morning and again, it was pretty unusual for a Jung Sooyeon to wake up early. She didn't know why either. She just woke up early and can't find a way to go back to her slumber. On the other hand, Tiffany was still asleep and it made Jessica real bored. She was about to go out of their room when her phone started ringing.

Now, she regretted the fact that she threw her phone away because she found a hard time to find it on her unmade bed. Once she found it, she picked up the phone. It was Donghae and it really made her all so gloomy that she started to feel that that day would be a great day. Perhaps, minus that she'll be meeting her fiancé that day. 

"Yes, D? Missed me?" Jessica teasingly asked her boyfriend as soon as she picked up. She heard him chuckle on the other line. 

"I always miss you! There's no need to ask, silly." Donghae replied that made Jessica's cheeks turn into rosy pink.

"I know you always do. You love me that much. By the way, why did you call?" Jessica asked and went directly to the point.

"Just to say good morning to you," he answered with a cheeky smile. "Good morning, J! Have a nice day ahead."

"Good morning too, baby bear! Love you," Jessica greeted back.

"I love you more," Donghae replied as a smile formed on both of their lips. "To the moon and back."

 

"What is it that you want that you have to wake me up this early, Jung Sooyeon?" Tiffany asked irritably as she rubbed her sleepy eyes like a kid.

"Miyoung, is 12 in the afternoon still early for you?" Jessica asked her back, preventing herself from laughing at her bestfriend who immediately glanced at the wall clock hanging with a surprised expression.

"Y-Yah! W-Why didn't you wake me up? I-I have Saturday classes!!!" she's about to cry when she hurriedly went to the bathroom to do her daily routine, refused to wait for Jessica to answer.

"But her class will start at 1? She's not late at all." Jessica asked herself and shrugged the thought away.

Jessica decided to sit on the sofa and think things through. Again, thoughts started running round her head. It has been a habit for Jessica to overthink no matter how much stress it gives her. And even though she hates overthinking, she can't help but to do so no matter how hard she tries not to. She began wondering what could happen later, tomorrow, in the near future. She began to wonder how will she resolve this problem knowing that her father is unstoppable. She began to wonder why it has to be her. Why not Soojung? After all, she's not really their real daughter. It's Soojung. And it made her wonder why she has to be married with someone she barely know just because of their damn business when she doesn't even give a single damn in their company.

She grabbed her phone and started to dial her mother's number.

"Eo-Eomma," Jessica uttered as soon as her mother accepted the call

"Sooyeon sweetie, is there something wrong?" Mrs. Jung asked worriedly.

Jessica shook her head as if her mother could see her. "No, no. Nothing's wrong," she replied. "No, scratch that. Yes, everything's wrong, Mom."

Jessica started to tear and soon, her sniffs were heard. "I know it's hard, sweetie. But you only need to hold on and don't give up. No matter how hard it is, don't give up. We'll find a way, you'll find a way. We'll get through this, you'll get through this, you and Donghae will get through this."

She started to feel alright because of her mother who had comforted her. Now, there's no doubt that her mother is really sincere about caring for her and loving her. Now, she believes her, she trusts her, she loves her all because her mother really proved to her that she does love and care for her daughter.

"Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure sweetie, what is it?" Mrs. Jung asked back.

"Do you know why it has to be me? Why it wasn't Soojung. Mom, I know you all know that I'm not your biological daughter. It's only Soojung, right? Soojung has all the right to be the heiress, not me. Tell me why it should be me! Why not her! Wait, not that I want her to get married, don't misunderstand. Of course, I don't want her to get married as well but what I mean is, why it has to be me?" Jessica bombarded her mother a lot of questions that Mrs. Jung herself knows that her daughter will be confused of. 

"Because the whole world doesn't know that you're not illegitimate, sweetie. They don't know you're adopted. And since you're the elder one, Jangwon chose you." Mrs. Jung answered.

Jessica doesn't know what to say. Good thing she hasn't broadcasted to the whole student body that she's illegitimate or else the Jung Co.'s reputation will surely be ruined and her father will surely hate her for doing that thing. Everyting has been cleared to her now.

Little did her mother know that Jessica has something in the back of her mind. Jessica smirked as she come up with a plan. A plan that will surely change everything,


It's already 3 o' clock in the afternoon and Jessica was left all alone in their apartment. She's finding a hard time to choose what she'll wear. She's sartorially challenged, actually. It's not that she's trying to impress Myungsoo, she's not. It's just that she's known for being so fashionable. Yes, she's quite famous. Aside from being a student, she's a fashion blogger alongside with Krystal. The two of them are so-called 'Trendy Sisters' because of their fashionable looks and outfits. Plus, the fact that they're the daughters of one of the successful businessman in their country.

She decided to go with her Maje 'Eponime' collared dress and paired with a black pumps. She brought her favorite Louis Vuitton clutch with her. She went with her usual light makeup and let her long straight hair hang loose. She left their apartment with a heavy heart. She's got to do this. 

She went to the parking lot where her car is and immediately drove to wherever her destination is. She glanced at her wristwatch as it said 3:58. 

"A little bit late won't bore the hell out him, right?" she asked herself and just drove, not minding the driver that her father had sent.

 

When Jessica arrived, she easily spotted Myungsoo. He's back was facing her and so she immediately went to his direction to get this done with him.

By the time Myungsoo noticed Mr. Jung's daughter's presence, gentleman as he is, he stood up from his seat and went to Jessica, pulled a chair for her to have a seat.

"Thank you," Jessica thanked him as he went back to his seat.

The two of them were sitting across each other. Jessica had notice the tiresome in his eyes like he didn't have a good sleep last night. But despite of his tired eyes, he still looked fine. He's good looking, she can't deny that fact but for Jessica, no one can beat Donghae. 

Silence filled their atmosphere like the two of them are contemplating what to do, what to say to each other. They're both hesitating, both afraid to break the silence that's been wrapping their atmosphere ever since Jessica arrived.

"I bet we both don't want this," Jessica started.

Myungsoo looked up to her as he heard her speak. He nodded in agreement.

"I'm currently in a relationship and for a good looking man that you are, I bet you are too?" Jessica asked him while smiling.

Myungsoo nodded as he flashed a faint smile. "Yeah. I was."

Jessica sat back straight and mouthed an 'oh'. She guessed that maybe it's a wrong move for her to remind someone about his past relationship. "Sorry about that." she apologized.

He sighed as he sat back straight as well. "It's okay."

"W-Would you mind if I ask you why you guys broke up?" Jessica couldn't control sometimes that when she finally realized what had slipped from , she immediately covered .

Myungsoo laughed at her a bit. He finds her cute like a kid. He never did know that she has this side of her wherein she's all cute and adorable since she's just an acquiantance. When he first saw her, his first impression for Jessica was cold and grumpy since she never smiled and never talked to someone in that party before.

"She left me because she knew I was engaged. She never really let me explain," Myungsoo replied with a fake smile formed on his lips. 

Jessica felt guilty all of a sudden. She felt like she was the reason why his girlfriend broke up with him. And even though it wasn't all her fault, she still felt guilty. Again, she apologized to him.

"No, it's okay. Not your fault. It's both of our father's fault." Myungsoo flashed a smile to her. Right there, she somehow felt comfortable with him. She thought he was mysterious, cold and grumpy. She thought he was like he has the problem of the whole wide world because he always seemed like mad and he just remains quiet.

Jessica nodded and sipped the coffee that Myungsoo had ordered earlier when she's still not around. 

"You mentioned you're in a relationship as of the moment. I was wondering how will you get through with this?" Myungsoo asked playing with his phone in his hand.

"I-I still don't know. But I have a plan. Actually, I'm still thinking of another plan and I bet meeting with you would be a good idea. We both don't want to marry each other, I guess we need to work together." Jessica suggested.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. "Work together? Like, we'll ditch them in the church on the wedding day? Seriously, you're no joke." he chuckled as he looked away.

"Then let's ditch them." Jessica plainly stated with a straight serious face looking directly at Myungsoo who put back his attention on her.

"Jessica-ssi, we can still think of plans as time goes by. But sure, let's consider the 'ditching them' plan as one of our plans." Myungsoo agreed and smiled once again.

Jessica didn't know why but somehow she felt something. Must be her heart beating loud but can't be. Perhaps, she just love the way he smiles, the way his dimples appear when he smile. She thinks he's charming and yes, handsome. But she quickly removed those thoughts away and forcefully thought of Donghae to shrug the thought of Myungsoo away. She really need to matchmake the guy infront of him to his sister Krystal. She knows that her sister likes this kind of guys. Yeah, maybe it's the best way to do.

"So, for the next few days, weeks, who knows until when, we need to act like we're a couple," Myungsoo mentioned, changing the subject.

Jessica gasped upon hearing him say that. "Really? Oh my gosh." Myungsoo nodded as a response.

"As much as I want to say no because you seemed uncomfortable with it but, sad to say, yes," Myungsoo replied. "Also, there are some events that we need to attend soon. I don't know but they seemed like they wanted us to go."

Jessica sighed and slouched. She kept a sad face and lowered her head. "We're all over the news. Perhaps right now, there's a papparazzi around and taking some photos of us. We need to be more careful though."

Myungsoo agreed. "Yes, we do need to be extra careful. Especially you. You're in a relationship with someone and with these people around, you'll never know what happen."

Jessica got hid point. He doesn't want her to be caught with Donghae while they're out. She knows it wasn't just for him but also for her. It's for their image, the reputation of both companies, the reputation of thei families. If she's caught with Donghae by the media, the media will surely say that she's cheating on Myungsoo. Sure, she doesn't want that to happen. As much as possible, she wants Donghae to be out of the picture because she knows that it would be much worse.

"You and your boyfriend," Myungsoo spoke. "You guys need to talk. Look, I know it's inevitable. I know he'll get jealous and I want you to tell him that there's nothing to be jealous about. Clear things out so there would be no mess." 

Jessica nodded. She finds Myungsoo like a manager. He always wanted things to be cleared, done clean, he wants no mess, he's like he's sure on what he's doing.

"I will, don't worry," Jessica nodded as a response and smiled as she grabbed her clutch. "I guess I'll be going now."

She stood up from her seat. "See you when I see you then, Myungsoo-ssi."

Myungsoo stood up from his seat as well. "Come on, no need to be formal. Let's be friends since we'll be meeting each other more often now." he smiled at her.

Jessica smiled back and lowered her head to hide her rosy pink cheeks. She really can't deny the fact that he really looks so handsome when he's smiling. Oh no, what am I thinking? Erase, Jessica, erase!

She was about to go when Myungsoo called her once again that made her turn around. "Yes?"

"Can I have your phone?" he asked.

Jessica's eyebrows furrowed. "Huh?"

Myungsoo just snatched her phone away from her hands and started to dial his phone number. A few seconds after, his phone rang and he ended the call on her phone and gave it back to her. "Here, got your number."

Jessica just smiled and turned around to go but then again, he called her for the second time around.

"Yes again?"

Myungsoo smirked. "Don't fall in love with me."

Jessica chuckled a bit. "Ch, excuse me?" 

She left him while shaking her head with smile on her face. "Why would I even fall in love with him? Such a crazy guy." she told herself.


Myungsoo shook his head as well, the smirk never left on his lips. Yes, it was a joke.


But as they say say, jokes are half-meant, right?"

 

_____________________________________

author's note

Hi everyone! How was your Christmas? Did you guys have fun? My Christmas was a blast! I hope yours too ^^ Have an awesome 2015 guys!

So, how did the 26th chapter go? Please tell me by commenting below! I'm feel happy whenever I see your comments. And please, no silent readers :(

Thank you for reading and I hope you guys liked this chapter!! ^^ Lots of love <3