007

Skinny Love

chapter oo7


DONGHAE'S POV

 

The heavy rain drops on the roof and the roaring thunders interrupted my deep slumber. I got up and sat on my bed for a while, trying to figure things out, registering what's happening slowly by slowly.

Lightnings are flashing. Thunders roaring. Raining like there's no tomorrow.

Thunder.

!

How could I forget? How could I forget her? Dang, J must be so scared right now unless she's still asleep but no, there's no way she'll sleep when it's raining cats and dogs and with the scary thunders that will surely scare her to death. I hurriedly went towards her room and barged in without knocking. It's my house anyway, or? Yeah, I know, it's not right but damn, the girl is a scaredy cat. She doesn't want to be left alone at times like this.

The door flew open, revealing a scared Jessica, blanket all over her while curled up, sitting at the edge of the bed. She was hugging a pillow and herself, crying. Her hair is in a complete mess and I noticed that she actually wrapped herself in a comforter.

I went by her side and as I touched her, she was burning hot. She has a fever.

I immediately searched for the digital thermometer and checked her temperature.

Damn, damn, damn. She has a high fever and I don't even know what to do first.

I should'be known this would happen. How stupid can I be?

I sat beside her and cupped her face, "Don't cry, J. Oppa's here now. I'll be just right here,"

She nodded and let her head rest on my shoulder. I swear I could feel the hotness of her body. Despite of the cold weather, she was sweating but then, she's feeling so cold.

 

"Wait up, I'll just go outside to get some cold water  and a clean towel." I told her as I was about to stand up from where I am sitting, but she held a tight grip on my arm.

"Don't go. Don't leave me, please?" she begged, teary-eyed.

I gave her an assuring smile, "I'll be back, alright? I would never ever leave you."

She pouted as I flashed another smile.

"Fine, count from one to twenty. In the count of twenty, I'm already beside you. Deal?" I asked.

She nodded.

I hurriedly went out of the room and started searching. I filled the basin with a cold water and got a clean towel. I also searched for the medicine box to get some meds for her and got her a glass of water. How did I manage to carry all of those in one go? Do the math.

"Nineteen and a ha--" I heard her count. Her pale face sort of brightened when she saw me enter the room with those things I'm carrying.

I took out the medicine from the medicine box and gave it to her. She took it and reached for the glass of water. When she was done, I asked her to lie down so she could rest. She obeyed, thank goodness. I put the covers on top of her so she would feel warm somehow.

I placed the damped towel on her forehead and watched her.

 

She was staring at nothing while I stared at her. It was still raining so hard and the thunders and lightnings won't just stop but Jessica remained calm as long as I'm here. Then suddenly it occured to me that this was all my fault. I should've stopped her from playing under the rain and I should've dragged her to the nearest shed.

"Mianhae," I apologized in a hoarse voice. Damn it.

She gave me a faint smile, "Gwaenchanha," she replied, almost whispering.

 

Everything around us seemed to be so quiet. Only the raindrops and thunders were heard. I was actually waiting for her to sleep so I could sleep as well. The problem is, she won't just fall asleep.

"Sooyeon-ah, go to sleep now, please?" I asked her, almost begging. For the nth time tonight, actually.

She shook her head as she yawned.

She's sleepy but she doesn't want to sleep? Is this even Jessica?

"But you're sleepy already!" I told her.

I glanced at the clock on the table beside her bed, 2:34 am.

This stubborn girl, really.

"C-Can you s-stay here with me?" she asked me with pleading eyes.

"I'm already staying with you," I answered as a matter of fact.

"Ani,w-what I m-mean is, will y-you s-s-sleep here with me?" she asked again.

Jung Sooyeon, there's no way I'm gonna leave you all alone.

"Don't worry, I'll sleep with you. I'll take the floor," I assured her.

"You can sleep beside me, though."

My eyes widened. Is she out of her mind? Is she even aware that I'm a man with needs and temptations? Not that I have the intention to lay a finger on her. My respect for Jessica is higher than the Empire State. It's just that I'm worried about my self-control.

"A-Are you sure about that? Y-You know, I'm a guy and I--" she cut me off abruptly.

"I know you're a guy. I wouldn't let you sleep beside me if you were a stranger. But in your case, you're not. I trust you, right? I'm a hundred percent sure that I'm safe with you."

Trust.

A simple five-letter word. Sounds simple yet so hard to earn. And for Jessica, I already earned it. It's overwhelming knowing that someone is trusting you, most especially when it's your special someone. There's no way I'm going to waste the trust she gave me. It's one in a million.

"Fine," I muttered under my breath.

She moved to the right side to give me some space. I sat on the bed and rest my head on the board.

 

"Are you hungry?"

She shook her head.

"Can we sleep now?" I asked again, crossing my fingers, hoping she'd agree this time.

Finally, she nodded her head and yawned  once again.

 

From the sitting position, I lied down beside her.

"Goodnight, J!" I said with a smile.

I smiled at the thought of her hugging me. Damn, why are you doing this to me? You're seriously driving me crazy, Jessica.

I hugged her back, hoping my body warm would make her feel warm.

"Goodnight too, oppa!" she managed to reply before she drifted to sleep.

"Saranghae, my J."

 

 

-

 

Four days with Jessica had gone by and I can't even deny the fact that I love it when she's here with me, that I love seeing her around with me, around my place. I actually miss those times when we'll just waste and spend te time together doing nothing other than playing.


I somehow wanted her to just stay with me, here beside me, here in my arms. But it's way too impossible. I-I can't tell her that I love her. Besides, I don;t have any idea if she loves me back. Second, I can't just take the risk. Confessing means risking something special, our friendship. Third, I don't want to lose her so it would be better if I remain silent. I can't afford losing someone special like her after losing my father. She's special to me. She's one of a kind. I just really can't take it if I'll lose her.

"Woah, deep in thoughts, eh?" Siwon suddenly butted in. Just like a mushroom, he popped out of nowhere all of a sudden. No wonder he's with the other mushroom.

"Shut up," I told him and threw the throw-pillow right on his face.

"Yah! Not in my face!" he threw it back to me but I caught it just in time.

"Your horse face?" I teased and laughed at him.

He turned red and glared at me, "Why you fish face?!"

"Let' call it a tie, horsey!" I smirked.

"Whatever, you fish face!" He walked out.

Aish, that rich horse face. He even caught me zoning out. This is all because of Jung Sooyeon. She never left my mind ever since! Aaaah, I can't get over. I'm so crazy. Crazy for J.

Then suddenly Ssiwon went back,

"What now?" I asked.

"Wanna come with us next week?" he replied with a question.

"Where to?"

"California," he answered.

Told ya, rich horsey is rich.

"Oh, Cali? Sure man, as long as it's on you," I smirked.

He frowned at me.

I raised my brows and wiggled it.

"AAAH FINE!" he slammed the door and I don't know when did I stop laughing, all that I know is I'm laughing nonstop like an idiot like there's not tomorrow.

See? Jessica is really driving me crazy.

Now, I'm really crazy.

 

Kidding haha!

________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Finally, exams are over and it's our semestral break next week! After weeks of being busy, finally I can sleep and sleep and sleep! Hahaha. Tell me what you guys think about the seventh chapter by commenting your comments below! Istg, your positive comment keeps me motivated and happy. :) Hope you guys liked the seventh chapter and stay tuned for the next one ;) Thanks for reading!!