036

Skinny Love

 

 

035

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

Even though he's trying to hide it, he couldn't deny the fact that he's a bit nervous. He can't help but to feel nervous. But somehow, with the help of Jessica and her comforting words, the feeling that he's feeling eased a bit. He made his way to the Jung Co. building where Jung Jangwon's probably waiting as of that moment. His steps were heavy and slow but the thought of marrying Jessica lingered in his mind that serves a source of courage that he'll be needing when he's finally talking with Jessica's father.

Donghae had met Jung Jangwon a few times. He knows that Jessica's father knows him, especially his sister, Soonkyu. The business world is just a small world that all the businessmen and women know each other. What everybody doesn't know is that Soonkyu actually assigned Donghae as the vice president of their company. Donghae and his brother was informed. The position was actually for their older brother but he rejected the offer that's why Donghae ended up in the said position. Also. he had known Lee Donghae since then alongside with Tiffany Hwang and Choi Siwon. As far as Jangwon could remember, Donghae's one of Jessica's best and childhood friends.

Jung Jangwon only wants the best for his daughters. Jessica may not be his biological daughter, but he loves her as much as he loves his other daughter, Krystal. He knows to himself that he made a lot of mistakes to them, for not being there with them most of the time but he made sure that he's making them feel his presence. Jessica was the closest to him while Krystal's the closest to their mother but either way, it can be helped. Their daughters love their parents so much that they refused to their parents' decision to file a divorce. Krystal begged her mother not to sign the divorce papers and much to their daughters' happiness, they succeeded.

Jangwon gave all the things that his daughters had wanted. And as his daughters are growing up, relationships can't be helped. Especially when he has two beautiful daughters like Jessica and Krystal. But he didn't know about Jessica's relationship with Lee Donghee and Park Eunji's  son, Lee Donghae. Jung Jangwon knew about the Lees especially the current CEO of the Lee Hotels and Lee Donghae's younger sister, Lee Soonkyu. As of the very moment, he was waiting for an expected visitor to come. His daughter had told him that her fiancé will be meeting him that day in his office.

Jangwon was busy reading some of his papers piled up on his desk when he heard a knock on his door.

"Mr. Jung?" his secretary called. "Mr. Lee Donghae is here to see you,"

Jangwon nodded and put down the papers he's reading. He sat up straight before answering, "Let him come in."

 

"Mr. Lee? Mr. Jung will see you now," Jung Jangwon's secretary told Donghae. 

He heaved a heavy sigh to let all the nervousness he's feeling. Of course, that was the very first time he'll be doing such thing and this is the first step in sharing the lifetime with Jessica. Sure, Mr. Jung was no easy man. Donghae began wondering if Myungsoo did ever do such thing he's doing but he immediately shrugged the thought of. Maybe he has but who knows? He doesn't want to know though.

Donghae knocked on the door three times before entering.

When he entered the office of the chairman, Mr. Jung was standing on his seat and led him to the living in his office. Jangwon's office is like his own home. No wonder he stays there more often than in his real home because basically, his office is like a house. Donghae was a bit amazed by just seeing the interior of Jung Jangwon's office. 

The both of them had their seats. Jangwon was sitting across his daughter's fiancé. Jangwon kind of personally like Lee Donghae for her daughter. He knows the kid so well for Donghae grew up with Jessica back in the States. Jangwon is actually a good friend of Lee Donghee and Park Eunji and he knows that their son will take good care of his daughter. He just needs an assurance from Donghae that he would really take good care of his Sooyeon and that he would never ever leave her. 

"It's been a while since I last saw you," Jangwon paused for a second. "Lee Donghae." he finished and gave the man across him a smile.

Jangwon could feel the nervousness that Donghae's feeling. He's been there before back when he's asking for Jessica's mother's hands from her parents. He knew the feeling of being uncomfortable and nervous all at the same time. 

Donghae cleared his throat before nodding. "Yes, it's been really a while, Mr. Jung." he agreed politely.

Jangwon laughed a bit. "Oh come on, kid. You used to call me Uncle before! But since you have the intentions of marrying my daughter, might as well call me Dad instead."

Donghae's eyes widened for a little while. He couldn't believe what he's hearing from Mr. Jung. Was he already giving his blessing to their engagement? Was he really serious about that when he haven't said a single word yet? There's only one word he could think of at that very moment: Unbelievable

"Y-Yes, D-dad." he stuttered and he felt so stupid for stuttering. But he was just surprised by Mr. Jung's words and actions. Jessica was right about her father. He's really not that bad. Maybe Mr. Jung really wanted to keep the deal with Myungsoo's father that he became Jessica's worst nightmare. But the Jung Jangwon in front of him is the real Jung Jangwon, the father of Jessica and Krystal Jung.

Jangwon smiled in satisfaction upon hearing his future son-in-law address him as his father. "I've known you since you and Jessica were little kids. I saw how protective you are when it comes to her. I've always thought that you're the brother she never had and back then, I wished he had a brother like you. But who would've thought that it'll be more than that?" he chuckled.

Donghae chuckled as well as he agreed. He recalled the memories when Jessica and him were still little kids. He recalled the time when they both love it when it's Winter season. The both of them would play with the snow and they would build two snowmen. Mr. Jung was right. He may not became the brother that Jessica never had, at least, he'll be the guy she'll always have in her life.

"I know you could take good care of my daughter, Donghae. But I just want you to know, once you hurt her, you have to face the consequences. Is that clear?"

Donghae nodded, felt a little bit threatened. "Yes, sir."

"Dad.." Mr. Jung corrected calmly.

Donghae snapped out of his nervousness and let out a sigh with a smile. "Yes, Dad."


"Do you really love my daughter?"

It wasn't a hard question, really. Donghae knew the answer ever since he first laid his eyes on Jessica. Ever since he was a kid, he knew what he wanted. It was Jessica.That's why he's really over-protective when it comes to her and always treats her like a princess because a princess deserves to be treated as one. He's his princess and now, he'll make her his queen.

"I do, Dad. With all of my heart. I'll always do." Donghae answered confidently. He was starting to feel comfortable around Jessica's father. He doesn't know why he felt nervous and intimidated at first. Was it maybe because it's been a while since he last saw Mr. Jung? Donghae was very close with Jessica's family. Mrs. Jung really loved his presence in their house and so does Mr. Jung. Donghae was a lively and a cheerful kid back then that people really loved him.

Mr. Jung nodded.

"I know you do and I know that I made myself clear to you. I only want two things and that's my daughter's safety and feelings. My Jessi's a cry baby sometimes, Donghae. Also, she could be stubborn at times."

Donghae and Mr. Jung laughed while talking about the silly things that Jessica could do. The conversation between the two men really went well and they got along once again. Mr. Jung treats Donghae, Tiffany and Siwon like they're also his kids. They're Jessica's best of friends and she treats them as her brothers and sister well, except for one since she feels the other way around with Donghae. She really liked him.

The two of them we're in the middle of talking about business and the idea of merging their companies when a knock was heard from the door. It was Jangwon's secretary telling him that he has a meeting for the next fifteen minutes. Jangwon was about to cancel it since he's still talking with his future son-in-law but then Donghae interrupted.

"No, it's okay, Dad. Your meeting's important, as well. Besides, we could still talk about the business some other time. I'll visit you in the house more often." Donghae told his future father-in-law with an assurance.

"Are you sure. son?" Mr. Jung asked.

Donghae felt glad when Mr. Jung addressed him as his son. His smile grew wide and nodded. "Yes, I'm sure. Actually, I'm going to see her after this."

Mr. Jung nodded. "Alright, go ahead and meet your bride to be." he smiled.

Donghae smiled back and gave Mr. Jung a hug and a tap on his back. "Thank you for your trust, Dad. Thank you for your blessing. I think I can't thank you enough but either way, thank you for everything."

"No worries, son." Mr. Jung tapped Donghae's shoulder.

After that, Donghae left the Jung Co. building with a wide smile on his face and really great news to tell.

 



"Isn't it amazing, baby?" Jessica asked Donghae. Both of them were laying down on the grass as they watched how the thousand of stars twinkle right before their eyes. "Thinking about our younger years, who would've thought that we'll end up here? Back then, I'm totally head over heels with you, I'm so totally crushing on you."

Donghae chuckled and kissed his fiancée's hair. Her head was resting on his chest, lying on his arms. The feeling was perfect, the place was perfect, that very moment was perfect. It felt heaven, like the both of them are in cloud nine. Donghae already told Jessica the great big news and heaven knows how much it made her happy like tomorrow doesn't exist. 

This is all that they want. He's all that she want and same goes with him. Jessica is his life, his world revolves around her. Bottomline, she's his world. She's like an oxygen that he couldn't live without. She's all he ever wanted. She's all that he could wish for and now that she's his, there's no way he would let go of her hand. They promised each other to go on for a long time and be happy.

"I feel like we're in heaven." Jessica whispered as she closed her eyes. Maybe that is why people close their eyes when they're the happiest. They wanted the moment to last forever, they just wanted to be happy together forever.

"I once heard my mother talking to Sunny back when we were still kids. Maybe I was eleven back then. She once said that there will come a day wherein you will find someone that'll turn your world around. That person would love you and cheer you up whenever you're feeling down and will always be there at your best and worst." Donghae shared, eyes never leaving the amazing sparkling scenery up above. "She also once told that love is all that we need."

He looked down and looked at Jessica. Her eyes were closed but the smile formed on her lips never left her pretty face. He could just stare at her for a long time. By just looking at her feels more heaven-like. "And maybe that's all that I need."

"And we both found it in our hearts." Jessica added and wrapped her tiny arms around his waist. Right in that moment, they just want to hold onto each other like tomorrow doesn't matter. As long as they're with each other, there isn't much to bother. "My dream finally came true."

Donghae smiled upon hearing her say that. 

All along, it has been Jessica's dream to marry the man she really loves. And now that her dreams are finally coming true, there is no way she'll ever let him go. Not now, not ever. Never will be.

"There are many things I want to say but only a few my mouth could manage to tell you," Donghae paused for a while before smiling widely. "I love you, J."

Jessica blushed and smiled upon hearing him say those heart warming words. "Ditto."

They've been waiting for so long and now it's happening.

They're getting married.

____________________________________

author's note

Hi everyone! This month has been very busy for me and up until now I'm still as busy as a bee but I promise to keep on track :) Sorry if the update took kinda long but here it is now. I'm sort of feeling sad that I could already see the end. Maybe a really few chapters away :( But anyway, I hoped you guys like the 35th chapter! I know a lot of you are anticipating for this chapter because Appa Jung wanted to meet Donghae. I hope this chapter didn't disappoint you guys and also, I would like to hear something from you guys regarding this chapter :) Don't be shy and just leave a comment below, alright?

P.S.: Up until at the very end, my updates are still slow :( Apologies.  Thanks for reading this chapter, by the way :) I hope you'll stay with me until the very end of this story ^^ Lots of love