002

Skinny Love

chapter 002


JESSICA'S POV

 

Hearing Tiffany's voice first thing in the morning woke me up. Why does she need to wake me up? It's summer and all I want to do is to sleep. Well you know, it's the perfect time to relax and do nothing. I missed this. Too bad it'll only last for about two months, that is so not enough for me.

"What do you want?" I groaned as I tried to go back to sleep.

But this girl just won't let me and kept on hitting me just to wake me up.

"This is my tenth attempt on waking you up, Jung Sooyeon! Wake up or else I'll get some cucum--"

I immediately got up from my bed, faster than the wind.

"Wow. I better threaten you with cucumber more often just to wake you up," she flashed a smile only to earn a glare from me.

"Why do you have to wake me up at this time? You see, it's just 9:03 and I really need some sleep!" I whined like a kid as I tried to go back to my bed.

But she stopped me from doing so.

"We need to shop. Grocery shopping, to be exact." Tiffany grinned at me.

Well, Tiffany has been living with me and Soojung for three years already but recently, Krystal moved to a new apartment with her friend Jinri. Good thing Tiffany was here with me or else I'll die alone.

"Grocery shopping?" I asked.

She nodded.

I groaned, "You could've just asked Siwon to accompany you!"

She frowned but giggled right away.

"But Jessi, you're the one who's getting the benefit, okay? Not Siwon. So you better come with me," Tiffany showed her eye-smile once again.

There's no way I could make excuses to this girl. You see, she knows when I'm making excuses and when I'm lying. This girl basically knows everything about me. She can read my mind, what my eyes says and even my body language. There's no way I could refuse to Hwang Miyoung.

"Fine! Fine! Fine!" I sighed.

I lost once again!

And a victorious smile formed on Tiffany's lips. Okay, you won!

 

 

Scanning through the list that Tiffany made, wow, we really need to do some grocery shopping. She mentioned to me that our fridge is already empty and if we don't get the chance to do some grocery shopping, we'll starve to death and eventually, we'll die.

How can she be so pessimistic?

Argh.

Despite of the sleepiness am I still feeling, I managed to drove us to the nearest shopping mart. As if I can say 'no' to Manager Hwang who likes to order. Yeah, she's a manager.

"Okay, foods then toiletries and personal stuffs, okay? Get your own cart!" Tiffany ordered as she got herself a cart.

I sighed and get a cart for myself.

I roamed around the mart and get some food for us. Snacks, meals, drinks, everything that can make us live. Tiffany reminded me to buy some fruits as well so I bought some fresh apples and strawberries. I was checking out a low-fat milk when some familiar voice called my name.

My heart skipped a beat.

Oh no.

I turned around and faced him.

"Heeey," I greeted.

He looked so cool today, I swear to god. He was wearing a plain white v-neck shirt and khaki pants. Damn, he looked so simple yet so cool.

"What's up, Sica? We haven't seen each other for like," he pretended to think for a while.

Pabo, we just saw each other the other day!

"The other day, pabo!"

We both laughed.

"You're so mean, how dare you!" he teased.

"Excuse me?" I chuckled.

The atmosphere between us suddenly became silent but then I decided to break it but then..

"What are you doing here?" we simultaneously asked each other.

We laughed awkwardly.

"You first," we told each other simultaneously again.

Seriously, what's wrong with us?

He scratched the back of his head as he flashed a heart-melting smile, "Ladies' first,"

I smiled back, "I was shopping with Tiffany."

He nodded.

"I see, we saw her around just a while ago," he replied.

We?

"Oh, are you with someone?" my face suddely fell.

Is it a girl, perhaps?

"Yeah, actually." he answered.



"There they are, honey!" Tiffany pointed at the two of us while dragging Siwon along.

So Donghae's with Siwon earlier?

I glanced at Donghae. He was looking at the couple as well.

"Were you with Siwon earlier?" I managed to ask him.

He nodded as he faced me and gave me a warm smile.

I sighed in relief.

Thank goodness, it was not a girl.

"Hey Jessi! Are you already done?" Tiffany asked me.

Tiffany and Siwon were smiling at each other like idiots. I wonder what's going on in their minds? Why are they smiling cheekily at us?

I eyed Tiffany.

She stopped.

"If you're done, can the four of us have a breakfast before we head home?" Tiffany suggested.

"Yeah, sure," I agreed and continued, "When I'm done shopping,"

"But Siwon and I are already done," Tiffany pouted.


"Why don't you two go firrst then just send us a message where are you guys and we'll just follow the both of you?" Donghae suggested as well. He was clever, huh? What a nice idea.

"Bright idea!" Tiffany clapped her hands.

"I'm not done shopping either so I'll just accompany Jessica. You guys go ahead first," Donghae said and gave the two an assuring smile.

"Okay fine," Siwon replied.

"We'll go ahead, arasseo?" Tiffany smiled as she showed her eyesmile.

Donghae and I nodded our heads.

"Yah Lee Donghae! Better take care of my Jessica or else you're dead!" Tiffany threatened him and Siwon dragged her outside.

Donghae just shook his head and I swear, a smile never left his face as we continued to shop.

 

"I'll drive, give me your key," my bestfriend asked.

Bestfriend.

I wonder how it feels like calling him my boyfriend. Wait, what?! What the hell am I thinking? Oh no, I'm being delusional already! Is this because I think of him more frequently? Is this because I daydream a lot about him? Oh my, I don't even know how will I stop myself from thinking about him. He won't just get out of my mind. 

"Don't you have your own car?" I asked him as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You see, I got here because of Siwon. He was the one who dragged me all the way from my apartment." he answered.

Looks like I'm left with no choice.

"Okay, fine." I sighed.

He suddenly let out a chuckle.

"Why?" I asked.

He just shook his head and reached for my hand.

Oh my gosh.

What. Is. He. Doing?

Is he crazy? He must be crazy, Is he on his right mind? Is he insane? What the hell is he doing? No, no, no. Maybe I'm the one who is out of her mind. Wait, I'm going crazy because this man is driving me crazy.

He gave me a smile.

His eyes are focused on me.

He is staring at me, directly to my eyes.

Oh my god, I can die already.

Then suddenly, he burst out laughing as he pulled his hand away.

I frowned.

"You look like a tomato! Are you blushing?" he asked between his laughters.

Yeah, how funny, Donghae. 

I rolled my eyes and went to open the door when I realized that my key was no longer in my hands.

I turned around to face him, "Wai--"

"I'll drive, go sit on the passenger seat. I'll be your driver," he winked at her.

DID HE JUST WINKED AT ME?!

Seriously, this guy might be one of the reasons why I died.

"I'll be your driver," those words lingered in my mind.

The next thing I knew was he's already driving to wherever Tiffany and Siwon might be.

"I'll be your driver,"


Can you also be my lover?


I feel like my cheeks are burning, damn it!

END OF POV

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Second chapter!! How was it? I know there are many differences that has been made in the story and how different it is from the first seven chapters. I'm trying my very best to make this story nice and enjoying. I hope you guys liked it! Thanks for reading and stay tuned! ^^

SONELocksmith0309 - Hi there!! Nice meeting you :)