017

Skinny Love

017

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

fall


Classes had resumed and it's a new semester for the four of them. Everything remained the same except for one: Jessica and Donghae are officially dating. People in their university seemed to know about it already knowing that Siwon and Donghae are known in the campus. At first, Donghae wondered how did the people know about that he's in a relationship already.

Siwon knocked his head.

"You are really stupid, Lee Donghae. You posted a photo of you and Jessica and in you Instagram saying you guys are finally together and now you're asking me how did the student body know about it?" Siwon answered as a matter of fact.

Donghae, who seemed to forget about finally remembered that day when he and Jessica took their first photo as a couple and they quickly posted it in his Instagram. He scratched his head and mumbled, "How can I be so stupid?"

"Hey Stupid!" Jessica called out as she and Tiffany walked towards Siwon and Donghae's direction looking hella hot.

Donghae and Siwon were pretty stunned seeing their girlfriends that they even scanned their girlfriends from head to toe. Donghae snapped out and whispered something to Siwon.

"Is it just me or I suddenly felt hot. Dude, Summer just passed but why is it still hot in here?" He questioned in a whispering tone.

Siwon shrugged as he spaced out. "I don't know, man. My girl's making me feel hot."

"Damn it, my girl's making me hot too." Donghae replied, while his eyes never left his girlfriend's figure walking towards him.

The guys seemed to space out that the girls gave them a weird look. "What happened to these guys lately?" Tiffany asked Jessica.

"I don't know. I could take a picture of them right now. They look so funny though!" Jessica responded with a laugh.

 

Tiffany snapped her finger in front of Siwon and good thing, he went back to reality. Donghae, on the other hand, got back on his senses just in time when Jessica was right in front of him.

"Siwon looked so funny!" Tiffany boyfriend as she let out a laugh.

Siwon chuckled sarcastically as he looked away, quite embarassed and mentally cursing himself for spacing out like that but at the same time, arguing and defending himself that he can't blame himself or either his girlfriend for looking so hot today.

 

It was their first day of classes. Tiffany and Jessica got the same schedule for the first semester as well as their friend, Joohyun. While Donghae and his other buddy, Kyuhyun, has the same schedule as well. Siwon has a different one but he has one subject that he'll be able to see Tiffany.

Tiffany, Jessica and Donghae has the same dismissal time while Siwon has to stay for an hour because he still got classes. The other three decided to just wait for him under the maple tree and sat on the grass. They talked about things as they wait for Siwon.

"You're close with Cho Kyuhyun, right?" Tiffany asked Donghae.

He nodded. "I have the same schedule as him and yeah, we're friends since like first year? Yeah. Why'd you ask?" he questioned back.

Jessica and Tiffany gave each other a look.

"We have this friend. Her name's Seo Joohyun. She actually has a crush on him." Jessica answered.

Donghae gave the girls a look. "Are you guys planning to matchmake the two of them or something?"

The girls laughed.

"Nah. Why would we? It seemed like Kyuhyun's making a move to her now! Look," Tiffany said as she pointed two figures walking towards the gate of the university. The two were holding each other's hand as Kyuhyun was holding Joohyun's bag and books.

Jessica poked Donghae, causing him to look at her with his eyebrows raised.

"Remember when you would always hold my bag like that when we were still kids? We always used to study in the same school and now, we're still studying at the same university. The two of us.. well, not just the two of us but the four of us are unbreakable." Jessica said as she reminisced the past. It felt so good for her to think about the happy memories they had before. Especially those memories when they were still kids.

"Yah, I still do that kind of thing!"

"Yes, I know. It just made me remember the old times."  Jessica replied.

"Good ol' times." Tiffany spoke as she reminisced as well. "This friendship means a lot to me. Who would've thought that we all found love in this friendship? I must say that this is the friendship we'll always remember even if we get old."

That made Jessica tear a bit. Donghae immediately noticed it when she wiped her tear away from the corner of her eye. He went closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled him closer to him.

"Why are you crying?" he whispered to her ear.

"I'm not crying. Tiffany just made me tear a bit because of what she had said." Jessica answered as she lied down on the grass and made Donghae's lap as her pillow and let her head rest on it.

"Sorry if I made you tear a bit, Jessi." Tiffany apologized as she showed her eyesmile.

"Tch. It's nothing."

"Why are you girls so emotional?" Donghae commented as he looked up in the sky.

"We're not!" Tiffany and Jessica simultaneously replied.

"I know you also want to tear because of the joy but you just can't because you're a guy." Tiffany smirked.

"Ah jinjja, where on Earth is Siwon?" Donghae sighed in defeat. He knows to himself that these girls will keep on defeating him since Siwon's not around with him to help him.

 

"What took you so long?" that was the first thing Tiffany did when Siwon showed up.

"Those fangirls who are in the same class as me don't want to let me go. It took me time to think of an escape plan." Siwon answered as he catch his breath. He was running all the way from his classroom.

Donghae just let out a laugh.

"Did the same thing happen to you, Hae?" Siwon asked his buddy.

Donghae nodded.

"How did you manage to get out?" Siwon wondered and thought that maybe this fish might help him think of an escape plan to use next time.

Donghae smirked and glanced at Jessica. "Jessica and I are just in the same building. She's just a room away from me. So whenever those fangirls see me during dismissal time, I'm always with J. Well, they don't bother me that much anymore. I clearly told them that I'm someone's property now. Right, J?" he looked at Jessica.

"Right!" Jessica gave a thumbs-up.

"That's my girl!" Donghae pinched her nose. "Ouch!"

 

Siwon looked at Tiffany. "Why don't you go and fetch me at my room every dismissal time? You know I can't blame myself for being too handsome. I was born thos way."

Tiffany laughed sarcastically. "Narcissist."

"Narcissist, who? I'm not narcissist! I'm just stating a fact!" Siwon told her with a victorious smile.

"Why don't you just go and clear to your fangirls that you're also someone's property now?" Tiffany suggested in which Siwon agreed and did.

 

 

Leaves were falling one by one from the trees and were scattered all over the place. Soon enough, these falling leaves will be replaced by the snow. The weather is almost chilly that it made Jessica cold.

"Time flies so fast." Jessica muttered under her breath as she hugged and gave warm to herself.

Donghae removed his coat and wore it to Jessica. He also removed his scarf and wrapped it around Jessica's neck. "If you're cold, just tell me. I don't want you to catch a cold." he told like a mother.

Jessica pouted and looked at him. Now he's only wearing his sweatshirt. He looked cute anyway. Like those typical college guys wearing sweatshirts partnered with jeans and kicks plus he's wearing his specs that made him looked more cute in his girlfriend's eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked as he gave her a weird look.

Jessica shook her head. "Are you not feeling cold? You'll be the one who might catch a cold." she pouted.

Donghae chuckled and thought of something. It makes my heart flutter knowing shes worried about me too. Of course, she'll be! What am I thinking? Aigoo Sica, as long as you're safe and healthy, I'll be okay.

The both of them started walking again as Jessica intertwined her hand with his and placed their intertwined hands inside of Donghae's coat that she's wearing. Donghae smiled at what she did. This girl seriously knows how to make him happy.

"When we graduate, what are you planning to do?" Donghae asked her out of the blue as they strolled down the park.

Jessica seemed to think about it for a little while. "Maybe help my mom with her business? That's what I talked about Soojung before since we both love fashion and my mom's a fashion designer. So maybe someday, I'll be taking over her position as the CEO and Soojung will be the fashion designer. How about you?" she asked back.

"Me? In the future?"

Jessica nodded.

"Well, I see myself in front of the altar, marrying you." he flashed a heart-melting smile on Jessica and it might be the reason why she just died. Her heart skipped a beat as he flashed that kind of smile and it made her blush.

"Seriously, this guy.." that's the only thing she managed to say as she looked away, hiding her tomato-red face away from him.

"Why? You don't want to marry me?" Donghae pouted like a kid as he made her face him once again.

"O-Of course I wa-want to!" Jessica stuttered as she blushed even more.

"Then let's get married!" Donghae chuckled.

Jessica wideed her eyes and hit him. "Yah jinjja!"

"What I mean is, let's get married someday. We'll wait for each other, alright?"

"Alright!" Jessica replied happily as she pulled her hand away from him and clung her arms on his arms, placing her head on his shoulder and let it rest on it.

 


That night, before Tiffany and Jessice decided to go to sleep, they decided to sit on the couch and talk together. It has been their habit ever since. Every night they talk to each other, catching things up, asking what's up with their lovelives.

"How's it going between you and Donghae?" Tiffany asked Jessica as she stuffed more popcorn on . On the other hand, Jessica chuckled upon hearing the question of her dear friend. "Yah, wae?"

"Don't act as if you don't know what's going on Fany-ah! You and Siwon are always around us so why bother asking when you can answer it yourself?" Jessica laughed a bit.

"But you guys separated from us earlier! Tell me what happened. Please, please, please?" Tiffany pleaded with those charming eyes.

"That charming pleading eyes only works on Siwon, Miyoung. Not to me." Jessica commented.

"I know, but please tell me what happened earlier!"

"Nothing really much happened. We just strolled down the park earlier and talked." Jessica replied as she held her phone.

"What did you two talk about?"

Jessica flashed a smile and blushed as she remembered what he told her earlier. Jessica faced Tiffany and shared the whole story. Tiffany squeals every second or two like there is no tomorrow.

"HE ASKED TO MARRY YOU?!" Tiffany squealed once again. Jessica hushed her but she seemed so unstoppable.

"Someday, okay? Someday! Why are rushing things?" Jessica laughed as covered Tiffany's mouth for her to stop squealing.

"It's just that it's sweet that he thinks that way. I love those kind of guys, you know.  Siwon' the same as him too and God knows how thankful I am that I met him."

"Aww, so sweet of you!" Jessica remarked and hugged Tiffany.

Tiffany hugged her back. "You and Donghae stay strong, alright? If you guys breakup, better hide! I'll strangle the both of you! Haha!"

Jessica's phone interrupted the two of them as it rang. Jessica immediately picked it up.

"The difference between me and Donghae. When I'm calling, it actually takes 3 to 4 rings before you pick up but when Donghae's calling, you're picking it up within a second." Tiffany commented as she laughed.

 

"Hey!"

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?" Donghae ask over the phone with a worried tone.

"Tiffany and I are still having a girls' talk." Jessica giggled as she glanced at the smiling-like-there's-no-tomorrow Tiffany Hwang while giving her a teasing look.

"Of course you girls are! Knowing how talkative Tiffany is, no doubt." Donghae joked from the other line as he laughed.

"Yah Lee Donghae!!" Tiffany shouted earning a laugh from the guy on the phone and to the girl beside her.

"J, sleep right after, alright?"

"Neh, appa!" Jessica joked. Donghae just let out a chuckle.

"Goodnight." he told.

Jessica giggled. "Goodnight, D."

"Love you," Donghae told her that made Jessica blush and Tiffany roll over the floor because of too much happiness for the two.

"Ditto." Jessica replied.

"Sweet dreams, baby. See you tomorrow."

"Hmm."

 

"Damn. You guys are so in love with each other!!" Tiffany clapped her hands in glee.

"I really can't tell what which world I'm living in right now. I still can't tell if I'm just daydreaming or I'm really in the reality." Jessica said as a matter of fact.

"Should I knock your head so you'll get your senses back? Bascally, you're not daydreaming or somethng! This is the reality, Jung Sooyeon!" Tiffany replied as she tried to knock Jessica's head.

They talked about so many things once again.

"I'm so happy for you, J." Tiffany changed the topic out of a sudden. Jessica smiled and mouthed thank you.

"He's your first love, right?"

Jessica nodded.

"And I hope, he'll be the last as well." Jessica replied with a smile of hope.

Tiffany went closer to her bestfriend and hugged her. "Remember this day because this is the day I'm gonna tell you that he's your first and last, J. Remember that."

Jessica hugged Tiffany back. "I sure will, Tiff. And I hope you're really sure about that."

"I may not that sure but there's this feeling I am feeling that it might be true." Tiffany giggled as she imagined the two tying the knot already.

"There's this guy named Lee Donghae who made me felt what is it like to be loved and how is it like to love someone. I am thankful that I met him, that I have someone like him." Jessica mumbled as she played with her fingers.

"Don't ever let go of what you have right now, Jessica." Tiffany reminded her.

"I will never ever do that, Tiff. Never."

"You guys are my Baby J and Baby D!" Tiffany chirped in as the both of them laughed.

"Are you Mama Tiff and Siwon's Papa Won?" Jessica laughed at her joke as Tiffany joined her.

"We're like a family!"

"I know right! But hey, D's not your baby. He's my baby!" Jessica smirked.

"Possessive Jessica is being possessive, huh?" Tiffany gave her a teasing smile.

"I wish HaeSica to stay together forever!" Tiffany cheered as she clapped her hands.

"And I also wish SiFany to stay together forever!"

"Long live our OTPs, sistah!" Tiffany yelled.

 

_____________________________________

author's note:

Hope ya'll liked it. Thanks for reading and feel free to tell me how was the seventeenth chapter :)
The ending is just around the corner huhu.
Wait for the next chapter~
Lots of love! <3