School of Terror and all things Supernatural

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

             ''Uhm Mr.Bang, let me give you a tour. You will probably get lost without a doubt being in such a vast campus,'' He led me out into a back hallway that led into the actual school campus. lt seemed like a legit campus, so what the heck could be scary about it? Right as we walked outside, people were all over the place, looking at one giant glass screen placed on the side of a wall. Everyone got news bulletins and schedules(l'm guessing). ''We're in what is known as the common area, where everyone can meet up and hang out or relax and study. Over to the left is the cafeteria which we renovated just in time for this new year. And to the right is the library and archives. Behind the library are restrooms, but there's plenty more scattered around campus.The schedule is in your scanner, here you go. lt's got multiple functions such as a basic guide for the school's functions. lf you really do get lost, it serves as a navigator. Notes and lessons are stored here if you need a refresher, and is also a communication device to contact any teacher or person in school. Don't think too much like this is all powers and everything heroic. We do need you to learn basic knowledge that other schools are learning too. Still, we employ different tactics. We learn at the same pace and design as Western schools do, making sure you can get a good balance of school and life all in one day,'' 

     So, this is a knock off western school? Not too shabby if they make schools this big. l noticed there were a lot of designs on certain buildings, not just for subjects. Several of each subject class. ''What's with all of these different designs on the school?--- Ah,there's a system to this school, it's very unique,'' He pulled out a clear-glass tablet(probably plexi-glass),and switched it on. He said, ''These are what we would call...Clans. These were derived from something you'll know soon enough, but these represent the different classifications of abilities that we grouped together in order to form our classes. No one truly feels left out. And even though your powers still keep developing,we are still creating more systems to add---Wait,so is this like a Harry Potter twist to Xavier's school?---That's probably the simplest way to put it,''There's too much,l'll think about it later.

''So,are there any clubs here?---Of course!All of our clubs here are for the students,and made by the students.Look,drama club is practicing for the opening show tomorrow,ALL of them,shape-shifters.Most of them are in Yellonde,which is the transformation/creature based clan we have.Over there,is one of our many music groups a few of our bright students formed.We have so many groups here we hold concerts almost all the time,there's no end to them!Well,all those music-based are from B3,short for the Bermuda Triangles.There's about 24 clans and counting,especially for hybrids.Anywho,why don't you get your schedule sorted,and head to the large convention hall over there,near the field as you can see.The obelisk monumemt marks the hall.Go there,and you'll get accustomed.l hope to see you soon afterschool,ok?l need to sort the rest of your scheduling out---Got it,thanks,''He went on his business,and l was left to my own confusion.l walked into the hall,where l was greeted by a lot of people.Guys were hooting and going crazy around me.What the hell?,wrong clothes.No one had uniforms,thank goodness,but l wore my super long sleeve sweater and skinny jeans.l had my hair teased and in a ponytail.lf that isn't girly enough,l don't know what is.One guy just ran up to me and winked,asking me so many things at once.''Hey,how are you?The name's Thunder,if you need anything,call me ok?---Hey,there you are,talking to the new guys?Hey,the name's G.O.Wanna hang out later today sometime?l'll show you around campus,where's Seungho?---Over here!C'mon,we're gunna be late!''They sped off into their own classes,while l just walked slowly into the hall,wondering if they just tried to hit on me.

  The halls were huge.Seats were all over the place,in front of a stage and projector.All of the seats were divided by clan,and only the front sectoins of each side were unmarked.l sat right in one of the front seats,as the ceremony was going to start.The projector flickered on,and the presentation started.A woman stood on stage and started it off,''Welcome,students!To our newly recreated Onluka Academy!For all of you new students,please listen up,this isn't just any ordinary school,this is a school for Espers and the gifted.Now,before you start wondering,l'm here to answer you.This school is internationally based off of the main campus in America,so there is a mix of races and students here.And our unity comes from our specially gifted skills.Now,an Esper,as we have categorized us,besides calling us freaks,which are totally different,are people who have been gifted with a supernatural ability.We are here in this academy in order for you to secure your grip over your power,making sure you can handle it under wraps,and also letting you attend a regular-ish school.l am the guidance counselor for all incoming first and second years,my name is Lee Hye Jun,and not that that's over,let's get to the details..

''All of the classes here,are specifically made for each clan,even though they are all the same subjects.We aren't like other schools here in Korea,we teach just like our American counterpart,nice and easy,so there's no stress,and you have more time to yourself for studying.About our Clans,each clan represents a type of power set.As some of you may have seen earlier,the Drama club was outside practicing.They're all Shape-Shifters.Any type of transformation/creature ability is in the Yellonde Clan.This is how we help categorize you and others,in order to gain some peers and friends so you don't get too lonely.There are currently 47 Clans,or classes listed,but we are working on expanding more and more.We will have you go through simple tests in order to determine your skill range,and place you in the most suitable area.Our dorms are open for all to live in,at much better rates and construction.Thicker privacy walls,a better bathing area.Of course it's free choice.The tests are three-parts:academic,personality,and skill.That,you can figure out on your own when the time comes,l promise you.But,one question,and just shout out if you have.Have any of you seen Soul Eater?---Yea,yup!Definitely---Good,now,you'll get to live the action just like it,''Wait,we get Soul partners too?!How awesome is that!....But,l don't have a power...

  The counselor kept on talking,and l listened for a while longer,but l realized l don't have a clue about my power.My parents never told me anything,if l even remembered how they looked like.l walked outside,and l could hear the sudden amount of guys whistling and hooting at me.l looked through my tablet,and saw the navigation arrow point me to a study hall,which l aced in moments.The personality test was there too,and l flew right through it.Who needs to know my personality anyways?l'm just a normal guy.Now,onto the fun and challenging part.My skills.l wonder what l could do.l saw everyone head out to a practice field,and l just followed them all,until l bumped into the three from earlier.''There you are,we forgot to ask for your name---The name's Mir,nice to meet you,''G.O. smiled and patted my back.Thunder tugged me towards the field,where everyone was lining up.''Where am l supposed to go?---Any one of them.The colored ones are the Clans,the black laned are for the new guys,go ahead and give it your best shot!l hope you end up with us,''He led me to one of the black marked areas.The whole place looked like a shooting range,and other lanes were unlocked for anyone who was physical based powers.Everyone started lining p and blowing stuff up.Just as l was bout to go up,everyone one stopped their firing.All eyes the deep purple lane only about 3 rows across.l looked over,and evryone stayed still.The coach was the only one saying anything,directing the skill test,''Ready!''

The person stood up and gazed at the target dummy.''Lee Joon,level 4,set!''So that's his name?He looked dead serious.l could feel an energy pulling at me,wanting me to go over there and see him closer,but l stood where l was.l waited with baited breath just like the others.A blue-black power was surging all around him,coiling itself.''Begin test!''Once the coach fired the shot,his hand shot out a brilliant blue fire towards the dummy.l clear zing could be heard when it tore right through the dummy in one neat piece,making a clean hole in it's chest.More came out from the range and aimed guns at Joon.Are they seriously going to put him in danger?All of the targets fired at once,shooting out neat jets of fire,which all petered by the time the flames got near Joon.The test was over in seconds,leaving people chilled for some reason.l thought it was amazing.''Attack strength,level 5.Defense,level 5.Congratulations,you are now a level 5 Umbra.Next!''Umbra meant shadow in Latin.How l remembered that,l will never know.People parted ways when he walked by,and gave me a chilling side glance when he passed me.l jumped when l heard my instructor call me up.Everyone unfroze and continued quickly.''You're Mir,right?Ok,there's your target.Do you know what your power is?--Not one bit,''The coach sighed heavily,''Really now?lf you don't know your power,then just try something,''l felt awkward feeling the people behind the lane waiting patiently for me to fail and move on,but l remembered something.As a little kid,l loved pretending and making up rhymes.Maybe if l used a little Latin the feeling would come back to me.l raised my hand up to the sky,and waited.There was always a special feeling when l did this.lt felt like the light was filling up my body,traveling down from my hand into me,making me feel light and clear-headed.The skies above me churned with black clouds,swirling into one giant whirl.Ok,what should l do?l've seen enough anime to recite the abilities,but are they even legit?Ah,l know.Negima has never failed me,but l shouldn't go overboard with it.No lightning,no fire.Gotta hurry...ok,got it.l gust of wind kicked up as l lowered my hand pointing towards the target.Thunder roared above.l felt powerful,every fiber of my being was lit with energy.l chanted the spell nice and loud,slowly building even more of a gust of air.''lmmitte,Gelida Halitus!Nivis Casus!''The air exploded in front of me,creating a chain of flash explosions.The air chilled to near absolute zero,and ice formed right in the middle of thin air,traveling until the target was blasted away in frozen chunks.The energy drained away,and l was myself again.Everyone saw it,including my newly formed friends.''Well then,you got a lotta fire you in,hahaha!l can't quite place you in a Clan,but l'm sure l'll find yours by*blink*...Huh,''What?l looked at my scanner as it was beeping for my attention.There was nothing new,lt must've been coach's.''You've been identified as a Cantus Clan member.Congratulations.Head to the Commission board out front to see where you belong,''The way he said it seemed super serious.l checked on his board,and there was nothing on it about Cantus.Did that clan just form?l thanked the coach and walked out,relieved of my sudden embarrassment from earlier.My scanner blinked again,and l checked it,with a new message.l gotta relax abit before l get too excited...

  ''Welcome Mir.You have just taken the skill test,and have been moved to a Clan.You have been moved to Dark Irregulars Clan.The meeting homeroom is room 427 in the east wing.Umbra has merged with Dementos Clan in order to conserve space.Dementos is marked black and red.The homeroom is in the east wing,navigation has been started for you,''A groove in the ground blinked red and black,like a little stream,guiding my path through the crowd and into a large classroom.Many other students were just talking,while there were other floors for what l was guessing upperclassmen.A marble blue flight of stairs led up to a different area,while the other stairs were red and black.lt must be Umbra.Wait,wasn't Joon an Umbra?Cool!l get to be friends with such a cool class name!A woman approached me looking like a teacher of some sort.''Hello,which faction have you come from?''You mean Class?Other students noticed the rush of students coming in,and instantly tuned in on me.''l'm,uh,Umbra---Oh!Finally!Another Umbra student,coming through,part ways,he needs to get through!''Once everyone heard,they quickly shuffled away leaving a path directly into the stairway l needed to climb.All the other students had looks of mixed feelings.Anger,fear,condescendence,a lot of judgment,really,and disgust.l didn't pay too much attention,besides,l didn't even know why they were so judgy.l walked up the stairs,feeling everyone's hatred gaze upon me,for no apparent reason,and got to the top.Barely anyone was there,except one person....