The Magickian

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

         Joon PoV

   Suiko and l headed out to the meeting square which was the main location for many businesses and transport stops, and conveniently just outside of the hospital areas.  lf this guy was meeting someone it would have to be somewhere not suspicious, and if he's a part of this..... argh.  l don't know how to find him!  Maybe Hiro knows, l should call him.  l asked Hiro over the phone, but the connection was shoddy.  l could barely hear a thing.  Damn.  Wait, my phone has full cell service, what is this?  "Suiko something's jamming my phone signal l can't call Hiro---  Maybe because the guy you want is right over there?"  Huh?  Suiko pointed a finger at a back alleyway, and in that alleyways l saw the red hair.  We chased after him into the alleyway, and getting a better look at him no doubt, it was the guy.  He didn't fight back or anything, he just kept running.  Minutes of hopping over trash cans and fences later we made it into an open area filled with grass beds and flower beds.  He stopped running and sat down on a bench nearby.  "Were you expecting me to do something?"  He fished out a cigarette and lit it with a snap of his fingers.  l jumped right to it, "You did this didn't you?!  You hurt Mir!  You said it yourself you would protect him!"  And all he did was puff out clouds of smoke.  He replied with very little enthusiasm, "lt wasn't me.  l wasn't able to keep him protected because l couldn't beat the enemy,"  What are you talking about?

    He drew another breath and puffed out more smoke, "On that day, the List of Prohibited Books' attackers followed me first.  l was only minding my business when they attacked me. l'm guessing he didn't tell you about the fire that broke out?  Hmm?  No, l guess he couldn't.  Anyhow, l tried to fight them off but then he came.  l couldn't get to him from my sustained injuries and he led them away.  This enemy take normal people and makes them into pawns like some puppet,"  Mind control?  l had to ask him, "Who are you then? l'm his friend and l want to help--- YOU?!"  He stood up and glared at me with vicious eyes, "l am Cale.  And don't you dare talk to me like l'm a threat.  l have been his friend ever since he had to memorize all of those damn books.  And do you know how hard it was to make memories with him as friends if we keep erasing him?  l swore to myself that he would always be protected albeit anything, even myself and my consequences.  l should be there helping him, not you, vampire,"   He knows?!  l steeled my eyes and waited for some explanation, "You outlive Maga Nosferatu over two-hundred years old and also have gained demonic powers as well. Also in the thirteenth century, you also helped become an agent of sickness and spread the Black Plague while avoiding the Churches.  And you had a century of pulling royalty strings for fun. Thirty years after the plague, you were presumed dead by your demon colleagues---  lf l wanted a biographer you would not be my first choice so sit still and let me throw a punch or two,"  At that he stood up and put out his ciggy.  He beckoned me to punch him and l thought about how many punches l needed to knock him out.  Before l started he warned, "Once l'm back up l'll fill you in more if you really want. l'll come find you--- THWAK*"  Once punch with a right hook.  He shrugged it off quickly, "C'mon old man you gotta have more oomph to it---- SMACK*"  Hook punch two.  lt seemed to slow him down a little and l ended it with one more satisfying punch to the chin, and he was down.  Funny how he landed right back into his seat unconscious and relaxed.  Suiko whistled a low blow, "Seriously?  Three hits?---  Hey he's got a hard head and ow those piercings hurt,"  She shook her head with a smile and looked around.

    As we walked back to the dorms where everyone was waiting, Suiko piped up about my history, "Hey so did everything Cale said come out to be true?  Are you a really old man who likes little boys?"  Well if you put it that way...no.  l snorted, "Almost. l'm almost seven-hundred and nineteen. l outlive out teacher Evangeline, and l do not think about little boys they're terrible!"  She raised an eyebrow with a teasing smile, "Oh then explain Mir and your obsession with him because all l know after you came out of coma was you forgot almost everything except Mir---  Shut up Suey," We both laughed and headed out way back with Suiko shooting follow up questions as we got some groceries (l forgot to stock up whattaya want from and old man?).  "Did you actually spread the Black Plague?  Am l going to get sick?--- Suey you're a blob of metal, l wouldn't worry and besides it's long dead,"  That seem to shut her up for a teeny few seconds before another one.

"So did you know about Evangeline long ago?---  Nope"

"Wait did you make her into a vamp?  And how do you have such dark complexion?--- No and just because l don't die doesn't mean l have to look like l did"

"Oh. Well who turned you into a vamp?--- A legendary vampire known as Scathatch happened to be nearby as l died and saved me with a blood transfusion,"

"Do you sunburn like the movies show?--- No l don't but it makes me a little itchy sometimes.  l had Alys pierce my ears with bloodstone to stop the itching and some pain.  My body can't absorb a lot of sunlight so it hurts sometimes."

"Ooh can you turn into a bat?--- Eva taught me how to fly when l was five-hundred-forty-three.  lt was kind of harsh but oh well."

"Well why does Eva look so young?--- Depends when you were turned immortal. l was almost eighteen when l turned.  Eva was around ten."

"Do you drink blood of humans?--- Blegh no.  l'm a vegetarian in that department; l stick with animals its easier.  Besides humans are gross to drink from.  Eva on the other hand...l don't know."

"So do you also do things during a full moon?--- Not really.  Some vamps go crazy for it. Others like me don't really like it or don't really need it.  Scatty taught me we don't need to have moonlight....Are you done with the questions? Can l go buy my kimchi now?"

   "Oh right.  Hey why don't we have a big hot pot together at your place?  Or maybe we can go to Seungho's place, l heard he got a really big room,"  A dinner party huh?  l guess it's not bad.  As long as there isn't so much garlic.  l agreed, "Alright then! Suey call up Seungho and G.O, see if they can hold it there.  l'll tell the others, maybe we can even let Mir stay there... The dorm isn't in good shape right now,"  l thought it over and decided it was a good idea.  Yea, they have a big enough space to hold Mir there until he's better...

        Seungho PoV

  *Brrrrinnnnng!* Hmm?  Who's calling?  G.O and l were at the mall trying to look for gifts, when Suiko called.  "Sup Suey?--- Ugh you guys will never let it go will you?"  Haha you know l won't.  "Anywho wassup?--- Are you having any plans tonight? l wanna have a hot pot with everyone but we need a place and you've got the biggest room out of all of us,"  Woah slow down.  "Well sure l guess, and aren't you a blob of metal--- lt doesn't matter! l just found out that my body isn't destroyed and...where were we again?  Oh right l'll be there soon so BE THERE!"  Gurl chill!  She hung up two seconds later and l shrugged it off.  l better tell G.O to clean up the room.  By the way, where is he?  l scanned the area and found him looking through a window display.  l walked over and joined him, "Do you want a new one? So lucky, they're on sale,"  He cocked his head sideways, thinking about it slowly, "Well l could get one but it's ok.  Any ways who called?"  Oh right.  l explained the newly developed situation and he freaked a little.  "WHAT?!  But we haven't cleaned anything and the kitchen is still not fully stocked with anything, and you need to clean up the rooms, l still need to get a watering can for my plants and..."  Ranting aside, he agreed we needed a new pot.  "Let's just hurry before it gets any colder G.O.--- You baby. Alright then.  Let's at least get the pot and.... oh?"  Oh what?  l looked at what G.O got distracted by, and l saw Thunder.  lt's only been a day and it felt like forever.  We decided to try and sneak up on him, but just as we got close he turned around with a smile, "lf you're going to sneak up at least do it lighter damn,"  Okay okay.  But... "What are you doing here anyways?--- l'm on crowd control.  You wouldn't believe what happened at those spam vendors...."  l think l have an image. "Hey are you busy tonight?  Everyone wants a dinner party and we're having it at our place.  Come join us,"  He seemed to almost cringe at the thought or it was my imagination.  l think G.O. saw it and punched him in the arm, "Are you seriously not going to come? l'm making everybody's favorites so c'mon.  l know how much you like the gogi...hmm?"  Ugh G.O. inserting ual references again. lf l had a nickel...l'd have a nickel.  His ears physically perked up along with his eyebrows and l knew he was in.  l decided to ease him further, "Oh you know you want a hot piece of juicy, sweet, spicy gogi--- Ok l'm in!"  Haha.  Too easy.  We decided to leave Thunder to finish up and join us when we went to get the supplies.  lt was about an hour or two later that we got the chance to head home before it was too late to get prepped. On our way home we bumped into Makie who just vaped out of thin air.  She looked really tired holding onto something black next to her.

  G.O. piped up and she turned around, "Hey you got the stuff already? l brought some gimbap and fresh seawweed from the market and--- What are you carrying?"  And by that l meant the mummy in black?  All she did was guesture to it and lay it down on the couch.  l guess l'm getting an answer when the meat is devoured.  One by one everyone made it to our apartment, with Thunder being last.  The air in the room felt really stiff when we all sat down.  G.O. and l exchanged glances back and forth around the room, but everyone seemed to be dodging some feeling.  So l decided to stab right into the atiff air and see if it leaked, "l'm going to assume Mir's the mummy in black, and all of you have something to do with it except us or Cheongdong correct?--- Soup's ready!  Let's dig in!"  l got no response.... Alright then, enjoy l guess...