Deja Vu

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                  Mir PoV

          ''...To be honest l have no idea how he will live after this. Did someone splice him open and shove a stun gun into him? Sheesh...at least he can move and has all of his skills. But, his brain is completely fried. You'd be lucky if he knew his name still,'' The doctor told me Joon was entirely fine but his brain was nothing short of amnesia. Tears fell silently onto my legs as l thought of his promise he made only last week. Why? Why don't l remember what happened? l got up to leave, ''Thank you Doctor. ls it ok if l see him now?'' He nodded and l slowly walked to his room. What am l going to do? The door was right in front of my face...but l couldn't open it. No. l have to open it! My whole body and soul trembled as l opened the door. The fear kicked in when l laid eyes on his bed. My lips are dry...why is my heart beating so fast? l tried to speak to him, ''J...J-jJoon? Are you awake?'' His red head looked over to me and l almost leapt to his side. Tears were springing forth in my eyes again. His eyes looked dull and tired, but gave me a look of wonder. ''Who are you? ls that my name?'' No. No no no!

     l knew it. But...maybe he's just kidding, ''C'mon it's me. You fixed the Collar.--- ls that some you have? l don't think l wanna take part in it...Do we even know each other like that?'' That hurt, no matter how innocently he meant them. ''We know each other, we live with each other dammit! Please! Remember please. l even...loved you Joon,'' He lied there watching me cry my eyes out to what he thought was some crazed stranger. l felt his large hand on my head and he my hair lovingly. His voice was barely over a whisper, ''l'd be lying if l said l remembered you, and l don't want to lie. l trust you though. You'll tell me, won't you? Everything l don't remember....Oww,'' l looked up and his other hand was pressing against his stomach as if wounded. ''My stomach hurts, and l'm...hungry?--- You haven't fed in a while. l'll get you something to drink,'' He hasn't drank blood in weeks! Maybe, maybe he will get memory shock from it. l found the blood cooler station and brought back a bag, but halfway there l stopped. l thought to myself the consequence of giving him human blood. lt wouldn't be enough, humans have dull amounts of magick, let alone Esper blood. l didn't want to give my blood just yet. l need to find a bird or two... l should tell him first that l'm leaving for a little bit. l returned the bag and went to his room, when l noticed people were near the door, and they looked suspicious. What would people be doing here...they wouldn't. Are they going to attack him? What did he do to them? l silently watched around the corner, and sensed a dark air around each of the five people here. l could clearly see black and red auras outline their bodies, and all of them looked scary, just like the night when l fought with Thunder. What should l do? l have to stop them. Without thinking l jut ran out from the corner and got their attention, ''Hey! Over here!'' l charged my body with magick springing from the ground under me. All of them looked at me and decided to attack instantly. l should put them to sleep, l don't want to absorb their souls like last time. They charged me and luckily l was far enough to chant my spell, of course in ancient Latin(l have no idea how, just let it be). ''Air and fog make them sleep briefly! Hypnotic Fog!'' Mist flowed from everywhere and consumed the attackers in sleeping gas. They fell one by one and l quickly bound them up. Whew...at least we were on the third floor and not many people were here. How's Joon, is he okay? l should hurry and go to the vet department at least. When l got there l just took a bag of blood from the carts in the supply room and ran all the way back. l came back huffing and puffing, ''*Hah* l'm sorry l took so long, l couldn't find anything. Here. l got you some cranberry juice--- Thanks,'' He took the bag and on it for a while, the red juice draining slowly into his mouth. He grimaced at the aftertaste of iron and his lips.

''Why...did you just give me blood?'' l knew l wouldn't be able to hid it from him.

   ''We're in Korea, in a hospital on the outer part of Seoul. l'm not brain dead or anything. So l blood for a living...and yet l live with you?--- You're a "vegetarian" vampire! You aren't dying because of the bloodstone piercings our roommates Makie and Alys pierced for you. You've only had animal blood for only about...the past 700 or so years, did some bad deeds l wouldn't name, etc. etc,'' l didn't want to say everything, but he insisted. l told him about being a vampire and how he became one, as well as the foreword before Scathatch. He listened like a good person he wasn't. He'd almost never listens to me. l kept feeling hot tears dash down my face as l filled him in. Up till today.

''Mir, why are you crying? l thought l was supposed to be in love with you and comfort you all the way,'' Joon asked sarcastically and l looked up with confused eyes. 

''You said you loved me, and l mean how could you not? Look at this hotness~ Ow ow okok! l'm kidding. Well ok then. Now that you caught me all up, are you afraid l won't be the same person? l'll still treat you like the witchy brat you are,'' There's the Joon l remembered... But l wanted the original one. Maybe l should ask Eva to help with a spell or two. Joon looked at his hands and snapped his fingers with little sparks flying off the tips.

''So what am l if l'm not fully vampire? Am l also a witch? l mean l would become one if you let me train with you. And can we leave yet? l feel so underdressed in thee clothes. Can we go home yet?'' Hmm, alright. We got our things together and l cast a quick healing spell on his body before we left and got home to our still destroyed dorm. Evangeline handled the press of the school and media. l just wish people would stop looking at us so strangely. l hate having to use my powers to make a roof but it's going to be the first snow pretty soon and l can't handle that yet. Joon got right into bed without doing anything else, meanwhile l'm about to freeze my off(if l had one). l raised my hands up to the night sky and chanted long and hard, drawing all the magick l could from the air and earth around me. Vines grew from the pillars of exposed wood and created a nice woven ceiling and roof(which l also had to insulate and weatherproof with magick). l fell right into bed once l was done, and l felt happy, but in a slightly sad way....sigh* whatever. l just need to sleep right now....

        G.O PoV

  ''Get up already!'' l was banging on his door for minutes on end trying my hardest to get him up, but l don't want to resort to that... We were going to go visit Joon and Mir today when they got back to their shredded dorms from yesterday. l even made lunch and everything so we could hang out the whole day(the school schedule got whacked up l have no idea how). Seungho lumbered out of his room and looked like a hot mess. Ugh, we're going to be late! ''C'mon, let's go! l won't make you your favorite dinner if you don't,'' He pouted fiercely and then went into the recesses of his room to change. ''Freakin slave driver! You know how to get to a man's heart don'tcha?'' Sh...Shut up! l waited as he got dressed and freshened up. He walked out with a thin jacket and sweats. What does he think he's doing? we've got negative fifteen degree weather and snow is up to our knees! ''Do you have a freezing death wish?'' He smirked smugly. l watched him dash forward and scoop me up into a hot hug. ''l know how to keep myself niii~ce and warm,'' ls it me or is everything turned red and pink? Oh wait, that's just me. He made me stand on his feet and we waddled out into the snow. ''Hey! l didn't finish getting ready!--- Just use your power,'' l wouldn't use it to....fine, since you "asked". My power allows me to stop and/or re-route energy waves and power. l pulled up a little field around us, keeping all the heat swirling and moving around our bodies.

''l wonder what l'm gunna eat tonight. Maybe....--- No! Get your mind out of the gutter and hurry the hell up!'' We melted and pushed out the snow with our powers as much as possible, and got ourselves to the door of their dorm(non-existent by the way). Seungho took forever but finally got us into the warm little dormitory. Haaaah~ l can turn it off. l could hear shouting all the way from here. As we walked to their room, the shouting increased to the point where l could hear it right through the walls, ''Joon let me go! l still have to go to the bathroom!'' l would have knocked, but then again(no door). The two of them were under the blankets apparently canoodling with each other, and Mir was on top of him. Seungho stupidly knocked on the door frame and caught their attention. ''Can you knock?--- Already did. Hurry up and get up. No flashing please,'' l looked at the both of them, and Joon looked...Confused. ls he okay? Mir and Joon got up fully clothed thank goodness and we sat down at the table. The new roof looked....organic. Wow, that must've taken some time to weave in..vines? Woah ok that is cool. l looked back and saw that they were holding hands. ''Aww. isn't that cute? Why are you acting like it's not happening?--- Because it hasn't happened and he's literally stuck to me! His powers are going crazy!'' l've never heard him get out of whack before. l tapped Seungho's chest, ''Hey, can't you pull them apart?--- Don't rip us off each other!'' Oh quit whining Mir. Seungho snapped his fingers and the two of them separated with a big pop. 

Mir just death stared Joon across the room and giving somewhat useable threats(?), ''l am going to seal your powers up if we can't get them under wraps. Just focus and keep calm when you're thinking, okay?'' Alrighty then... Oh l have a good idea. But first, ''ls it me or does Joon not remember us--- G.O! You didn't have to run that over,'' Mir looked extremely touchy when l said that. So l was right. Joon asked Mir without any inkling of what l just asked, ''Am l supposed to know them Mir?--- These are your friends that l told you about when we were coming back from the hospital,'' He nodded and me heart dropped a little bit. Seungho beat me to the punch, ''So you have amnesia from the explosion two days ago?---  Well sorta. Mir jogged my memory when we came back from the hospital right before the first snowfall,'' Joon slung his arm over Mir's shoulders being very smug.

          l feel like Seungho wanted to one up Joon and mirrored him when he decided to read my mind, ''SO~ l have a good idea while the school is sill reorganizing. Why don't we head to Eva's resort to relax'' HMM I WONDER WHAT THE OWNER WOULD SAY IF WE HAVEN'T TRAINED IN A WHILE THERE.  l gave a humiliating sarcastic laugh(oh do you wanna try sounding happy with ice needles shoved down your spine by a vampire?)towards myself as the other three were confused as hell.  ''Ok. l'm guessing you don't remember our cruel tutor of a vampire Evangeline? We haven't been back in forever, and she keeps track. We're going to have hell to pay in order to finally relax,'' l explained to them the harshness Eva shows everyone but they didn't care one bit. Seungho was especially gun happy telling us, ''Well let's grab our swim gear! l don't wanna miss the waves,'' And l knew Eva was also Joon and Mir's homeroom teacher who always sleeps during the day unless she's in her magic bottle of a resort. Fine we'll go...

           Joon PoV

     After more explaining and packing the four of us (including Alys since she wanted to tag along) went to the resort l had no idea the school could afford. l didn't wanna feel out of the loop so l asked my room mate what it was exactly.

''lt's simple really, but there's alot of complicated magick that goes into it. But remember this is an Esper school so some smart alec is going to have some reason for it. Eva's resort is a miniature resort model, kept in a magick bottle vessel, like tiny ships in a bottle? Well the magick protects the bottle and the inhabitants from the outside. Time increases in the resort world, and one day inside is only an hour outside. The door to the outside world opens once every "day" inside the bottle and reopens 24 hours later inside again the next day. You can't leave until then,'' . That is complicated. l lagged a bit further behind the rest of them so Mir could pull back with me and tell me more, ''A lot of students are allowed into the resort as Evangeline is kind of a really strong vampire. She's legendary, and still younger than you by about 200 years. She looks ten but l do not want an icicle staked up my by her any day. She's also our homeroom teacher that sleeps in during the day, so us Dark lrregular clan students have almost no need of training. Don't let her know you lost your memory, she'd roast you for days. Any who, Eva actually has a cottage near a forest that the school kept a path open to. The resort's inside, we're almost here,'' A small wooden cottage stood in a tiny clearing among the several bamboo shoots and fir trees. As we approached the door to the old cottage opened up by the one l think is Chachamaru. So, this is the android.

She spoke with just a tiniest of robotic accentuation, ''Welcome. You may enter the resort. Master is busy with herbs so she will not be available at this time. Please come in,'' l walked in, looking around to see tea sets and many many stuffed dolls and animals lining the whole cottage. Not gunna ask a vampire anything. The resort bottle was right in the middle of the cottage living room, with a circle engraved on the ground near it. As l got closer to it, l could see silver and gold lining and marks and inscriptions in the circle. lt was pretty big and maybe three to five people could stand in it, which all five of us did. l was nervous at how this was going to get us in there, but l felt a hand holding mine.  ??? l looked to my left hand where another hand was clasping mine. My gaze rose up from the arm, to see Mir smiling gently and snapping his fingers. Once he did so, a warm light filled my vision, and the next thing l knew, we were standing miles high above an ocean. We were on a tall white spire, with more circles carved to the ground, and one right in front of a long narrow bridge, leading to a much larger tower(which must be the resort landing). The surrounding sky was just like a sunny day when the day was hot. The sparkling waters below looked inviting, and l also realized people were down there already relaxing and playing. A squeeze from my hand brought my attention back to Mir. He smiled again, ''Admiring the view? lt's nice--- Last one in is a rotten egg!  YAHOO!!!---- Dammit Seungho l wasn't ready!--- YIPPEEEE~!" Alys and Seungho already dive bombed down the spire at fast speeds towards the waiting water below. G.O. looked down at the two diving, ''Sigh~ Those two really need to grow up. The circle at the bridge teleports us to the main resort deck. See ya there,'' And with that G.O. winked out of existence and all the way to the other side. This is one helluva cool resort. What should we do? ''Mir should we change into our swimming suits?--- lf you wanna train in the water that's fine with me,'' Wait, you're going to make me train?

      C'mon, why do you want me to train?--- Because we're part of Judgement remember? lf you don't learn how to get a hold of your basic powers then you can't be useful in a fight,'' Yes sir! l guess making fire is much more cooler than swimming. We walked to the circle and made our way to the resort landing, where it was really nice, equipped with a bar, a place to eat, lounge, and a sunning room. Besides those it was mostly open space and a spiral leading down into the actual building. l didn't have much time to gaze as Mir dragged me down into an empty room that had mood lighting all around the walls. Maybe for effect or something? The room was circular and the walls were black except for the lights, and there were a few above us casting a decent amount of light. Underfoot the floor was all hardwood. No windows at all. The both of us walked to the center of the room and Mir started to do something and explain at the same time, '' We aren't Espers, so our fighting is different. We feel differently, see differently, hear differently. l want you to not use your eyes, and not use your ears to find the spirits in the room. lnstead, l want you to use your eyes and ears to feel the presence of spirits nearby. You carry magick in you, everyone does but you have a bit more than others and so do l. Your magick can let you see these creatures invisible to the eyes,'' Minutes passed of me just staring at a blank room without feeling anything of a presence besides the two of us. l could tell Mir was trying his best to make me understand, and l appreciated it. He changed, targets, telling me to close my eyes and wait right where l was standing.

''Come find me. This room bounces sound equally off everything so you can't tell. Rely on your power, your magick, your essence to guide you. l will move around and you must catch me. Feel my energy in the room and pinpoint it. lt's within you where you seek your answer,'' Yoda much? Okok, don't look, or hear. Just feel. l stumbled around the entire room for what felt like hours listening to nothing but footsteps. l was complaining the entire time, ''Seriously l can't feel anything of where you are. --- Listen to your heart. Your energy will find me, just give it time,'' And l waited for a moment, listening to nothing but my breathing, and imagining the room around me. That's when l could see and hear. l kept visualizing the room around me, all the textures of the walls and floor underneath my feet. Colors and sillouhettes came to focus in my mind, and when l reached out to the sillhouette, my hand touched warm skin and flesh. The blindfold around my eyes were taken off, and l couldn't help but smile at the fact that l did it. l opened my eyes to a really close up Mir, like he was really really close and hugging me. ''You felt me. That's good. You can pick up the faeries in the room as well, but l think l should teach you fire,'' Maybe it's not that kind of fire l'm looking for.....


Sorry l took so long! Too many hiatuses ik! Life just kicked in an ugh, is it a bother. l'll update whenever l can my loyal subbies so hang in there!