Burn Baby Burn

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                Mir PoV

      He was finally getting the hang of his basic sensory skills. ''Not bad. One thing to keep in mind, is that your willpower, or your visualization skills are key to using your powers. l'll tach you to make a flame first. Oh and you might need this,'' l handed him a thin metal rod, and on the end of it, a crescent moon. For a Level 5, he just became noob. Joon took a moment to ponder what he was olding in his hand, ''A wand?--- Yes. A practice wand for beginners. Wands help direct your energy from your body and compress it like a little ball into the point of the wand. l need activation words to make fire since l don't naturally have it, but all you need to do is imagine the flame from your body getting into the tip of that wand and forming a little fire on the tip,'' Without missing a beat, he was able to make a little flame in minutes. ''Good. Carry that wand around with out and practice imagining. Once you get the hang of it you can practice without it. l'll show you some fun little beginner spells to prank them later,'' Joon smiled at the amusing thought. We practiced more and more little beginning spells, like making a breeze and freezing things, as well as light and other basic stuff. l changed the scenery with the projector in the room to a outlook of the resort. We looked out to the surrounding waters of the resort, filled with people playing and relaxing.

''Shall we have a little fight? l've taught you basic spells, use what you remember, l'll stick with low level spells,''  l had my heart wand and didn't give Joon a chance to think as l flung a fireball at him. His muscle memory made him dodge out of the way faster than my eyes could track him. He left my vision in a huff and blasted one back at me. Luckily l caught onto that and dodged, but how did he learn to aim so quickly? ls his reflexes returning? We fooled around a bit more and eventually he got a lucky shot as he froze the ground right under me making me slip and fall. l was going to orb out as Joon caught me in midair. ln ing midair? Wait is he levitating? l calmly warned him, ''Ok don't look down, but you're floating,'' And of course he wouldn't listen to me. One quick glance and then back at me saying, ''So can we fly outside or will l need to turn into a bat?--- You can transform eventually but you need to relearn almost all of your powers,'' As l was telling him, his face kept moving closer to me until he pecked my lips ever so gently. lnstantly l felt like a naive little girl in his arms, ''W...what was that for? You don't kiss your trainers--- Well Evangeline tortures them so sadly to say l'm being nice here,'' l jumped down back onto the ground and left him flying. Now l needed to get revenge for all the he put me through before, ''Stay up there until you can get yourself down without getting near the walls--Hey! Don't pull me up with you Joon!'' Dammit he picked me up and flew us out into the hallways. ''Admit it, you're having fun with me flying you around. We won't need a car anytime soon,'' l don't wanna be carried by you! Well secretly l loved the fact he was hugging onto me so tight. Stop it Mir! We weren't flying fast but we made it to the landing above us pretty quick. ''Ok you can drop me now!'' l orbed out of Joon's grasp and onto the ground. The whole area was packed with people training and lounging around, eating, etc. The others must be down in the beach. l called out to Joon who was having a moment to himself to land with struggles. Every time he got close he rose up again. Hm, it's cute to see a grown old man not be able to land, ''lt's all in the will and mind. l'll hold you but you have to imagine yourself anchoring down. Slowly.....that's right,'' He made progress and minutes later he finally got down. 

     ''Do l have to go everything for you?--- Well since l have such a cutie of a teacher l have to act weak remember?'' Why are you....*blush*. Have you been wearing that the entire time? l didn't notice until now that he was only wearing his blue swimming trunks and a jacket. The muscle under the opened jacket was toned and a little bit glistening with light perspiration from flying so fast. ''You should probably change and stop gawking for a minute so people don't stare. Alys brought you the suit, go change,'' He handed me a bag from thin air. Using my magick threads l wove a wall of string and quickly changed without changing at all( if that makes sense). l didn't realize until the very last second that Alys brought a bikini with her. FOR ME. l quickly pulled Joon away with me to a nearby wall away from the other people's sight. ''What am l supposed to do?!'' l couldn't be caught wearing a polka dotted blue bikini! Right in front of me Joon was checking me out, and he slammed his hand next to my face against the wall. Not hard, but it shocked me. He smiled cutely and it melted my heart, ''Why not just wear a wig or weave and be a girl for a day? l mean it's not like you have abs or anything,'' Speak for yourself will you? l mean, l have used the weave before but l don't wanna use it now. Sigh~ ok. l used my threads again and wove a long brune weave(l didn't say you couldn't use it for trivial things) placing it on my head snugly. l did a hairflip, ''Natural enough?--- Plenty, now let's go!--- But my is...waaah!Wait!'' He pulled the both of us out and towards the edge of the tower, with me clinging for dear life he plunged down the side diving into the water. l yelled out loud and tried to cling onto Joon for dear life, Dammit Joon l can't swim!--- Hey you two! Last one's buying dinner tonight! Woooooh!'' G.O lept off after us riding a surfboard down into the waters. l looked up at Joon with worried eyes, and he separated with me saying, ''Looks like you're going to pay for tonight! Seeya!'' What the !? Dammit Joon! l was able to slingshot my way all around the tower until l hit a tiny sandbar nearby. A dock connected the tower to the sandbar and many little water crafts were beached onto the bar. Ew. l have to pay for dinner tonight. l should've gotten my paycheck earlier today, maybe l can get out earlier. l made sure no one was looking and broke through the time limit and back into the real world. This stupid outfit needs to get off me. NOW. l swapped my clothing out and went on my way Auntie's place, wearing a thick parka and triple-layered sweats. Snow was starting to pile up into fluffy little heaps along the sidewalk, painting the area with blotches of white. The air feels crisp and cold, but l shouldn't be smelling the roses right now. l gotta get my paycheck. l went near the alleyway where l take the shortcut into the back of the store, but trash collectors were busy. l guess l could just go around. And just when l thought l could have a nice walk-around, drama drops.

    My phone was ringing in my pocket and l reached for it with my gloved hand to see it was Thunder. ''Yo. Talk to me. Mhmm. Where? Ok l'm going now,'' Nonono. Not where l think it is... l sprinted at full stride towards the area of crime, which led me to the corner of Aunty's store. There are at least four teen males in front of me, with fire torches and metal bats with them. l don't know how to fight them! l slip on my armband and try to distract them, ''Hey! l'd like to chat with you. Mind if you come over here?'' l beckoned at them with my palm up(only do that for pets), which they recognized except for the one or two foreign boys. They didn't react much but l could tell they were focused on me. Something's not right. They look almost braindead like puppets. Their pale faces barely showed any emotion but their eyes showed everything. Hatred mostly. ! l can't let them get near the store! Something black hung around the air near them, and they all sprinted forward trying to hit me. Gotta run! lt was taking me a second to leap away but l got onto the main road chanting furiously, but l stopped when it hit me. Others would get hurt out here, and they didn't even follow. Panic spread through my soul as an orange light flickered in the distance that was the street l fled from. Running back with frozen air in my lungs l saw a fire burn brightly in the stores nearby including Aunty's. l looked frantically for anyone stuck, but people were flooding out of the shortcut alley so l relaxed a little. Thunder stood across from me on the inside of the street trying to put out the fire. ''Thunder! ---Go find the criminals! l'll take care of this,'' How? l wouldn't even know what to do when l find them! l orbed myself to the front of the school and looking behind me the boys were headin this way. How do l stop them? All l can do is...use thread. ??? That's it! lt took me a moment but l gathered power from the earth, slowly building power in my body. A gentle flow of what felt like water flowed from my feet and up all the way to my head. What am l going to rhyme with my spell? They're getting closer. l waited for a minute until they were close enough to take the full effect. Right when they were about 50 meters away l chanted quickly, pushing out all of the energy from my fingers into the air full of threads,    

''Threads of Fate,

Loom of Time.

 Now appear on this date,

Come forth and Bind this place!''

   Shimmering silk-like threads shot out in all directions, looping around poles and trees alike, including driving themselves into the ground and shooting up to snare the teens in a shiny web. l have to keep them here until they get here. All of my strength was being sapped away, only for them to break out of the web and start throwing shrapnel and fire torches really fast and really hard. How did they get out? The torches blazed and hit their mark on my clothes, burning quickly through the fluff and igniting the inside. l ripped away my shirt and parka but not in time. The shrapnel pulled my coat and pinned me to the wall behind, leaving me open to attack. Fear built up in my mind, and my chest was hurting from panic. The cold air is hurting me way too much, and it's already -20 degrees. The five or six of them came up to me and started wailing on my stomach, head, chest, nut shots, etc. One of them kneed me really hard in the balls and l nearly passed out crying. Everything hurts. Please stop. l tried orbing away but my web left me nothing to use. Minutes felt like hours of beating and bruising. l can barely feel anything anymore in my face, more or less see anything either. Please stop. l'm loosing too much breath and conscious. Oww. l could feel hands clawing at my skin and  cold vice on my throat. No please no! My tears are freezing on my blackened face. Goddess, Thunder, Joon, anyone! Don't let me die here.....

    ----Minutes Earlier----

       Hiro PoV

   ''Ok here you go. Applications are due in about two months for the new semester. Hope to see you soon!'' The secretary handed me the documents and l made my way home when l could hear something in my head. The sounds were sad, and they hurt real badly. Out of nowhere emotions hit me in the chest herd like a physical punch. Fear? Pain? Someone must be in trouble. l was running outside into the blasting cold air, and spotted something going on in the corner of my eye. A girl was being beat up badly by a whole gang of guys. Why the would any guy beat the out of a girl? Not while l'm here. Darting forward l jump kicked one them into a nearby trash can and punched another hard in the face, knocking him back. My years in pencak silat were finally put into use, but maybe my power can work on them. l forced the others back away from the poor girl who hung there almost lifelessly. l hope l'm in time. lt took me minutes of punching and open strikes to finally land a few hits but they were still getting closer. it l'll just have to rush in. l grabbed one of the guys' face and felt my power shock into his head, making him scream in blistering pain. Yes! Wait what? As this one screamed l was taking a look at the others, and they seemed to act drunk or shocked, juts like the one screaming. How did that happen? Whatever just knock them out. With a few square hits to the clavicle all of them passed out from shortness of breath. Done and done. l still felt the pain from inside me, and looked back to help the girl. She was from the waist up and bloodied and bruised in ways l didn't want to see. The sounds of popping bones and groans came up behind me form the guys getting up again. They're looking much weaker now, but how many times do l have to hit them? The familiar high-pitched whistle unfroze my panic. l took down the beaten girl and wrapped her up with my parka. l'm hugging her as much as possible but her face if getting a slight blue fade; she could freeze to death out here, including me! Nakji came just in time with one of his other friends, beating them to a pulp and binding them in minutes. Something is seriously ed up with those guys; l mean how could they attack me again after getting themselves broken? l could feel resistance next to me, as the girl tried to get up, and she was mumbling under her breath, raising her hand out to the bullies. What is she trying to do? A warm heavy breeze blew across my face, and it died down with the struggling of the boys. They looked only about sixteen, what would they want to do with her? At least they're quiet now. ''Hey, are you okay? Talk to me, actually just rest,'' She passed out quickly after and l picked her up gently to Nakji. ''She's passed out, hurry! Bring her to Suiko ---What are you doing here anyways?'' No time! ''Just help her out l'll explain when we get home,'' He didn't argue and ran into the streets back to the Judgement offices. His friend( Chen l think?) kept them all together and put them into the now arriving police van. l went with Nakji quickly to the precinct and waited there for Suiko to help. He blocked my way and pulled the curtain over the medical area of the offices. l started to say my explanation but he yanked me into the couch and called someone on the phone he called Joon. Oh is going to drop on my head pretty soon. l waited anxiously as he paced back and forth debriefing the guy on the other end of the line.

    Once he hung up he sighed heavily. ''You'll explain yourself when we get home. But now tell me what happened,'' l told him everything, except my plan to enroll into Onluka Academy. l also told him the weird part which he arched a brow to, ''...l thought l had knocked them down with their clavicles broken, but they got back up like zombies. None of them said a word, but looked brain dead. l think l pulsed one of them in the brain with a shock. an-and then all of them reacted as if l did it to all of them too,'' He listened quietly and nodded. A knock on the door made me jump. Nakji got up and opened the door to presumably Joon. He looked about ready to leap into the cut off medical room but Nakji blocked him. ''He calmly soothed Joon and whispered into his ear. How does he do that? Oh his power, right. Joon slumped into the spot next to me on the couch, and looked at me a little bit curious. ''Say who is this guy?--- He's the one who protected Mir...what are you doing?'' This man gave me a 90 degree bow without any warning. ''Thank you so much for protecting him. l should've been there with him---- lt's nothing really. l just hope they're okay... Oh Suiko's coming out,'' The green curtain moved away from the door and all three of us tried to assess the damage.

    Suiko stopped us at the door, ''lt doesn't look good. He's sustained massive injury to the torso, face, neck, and s. Mir's going to have a miracle if he can even pee right. Several fractures to the ribs, and clavicle is chipped. Bruising to almost everywhere except the limbs. Don't touch him too harshly. l'm going to get some medication, be back in ten,'' We turned back and looked at Mir's broken body. Mir's face was a lot less damaged than the rest of the injuries, just a black eye and bruises. His chest had a few open wounds from cuts to long gashes. Luckily l was grown up enough to not stare at his balls, but they looked pretty beat to me. A red mark of a hand was on his neck, and we saw his chest rising slowly and setting. l could feel different emotions fill and stir within me;all of them seemed to come from Mir. Feelings were overwhelming me and his voice was in my head, but very faintly. Joon started to break down a little and Nakji went to the couch with him. lt was me and Mir's subconscious talking now. l know l would look stupid talking to this guy while he's knocked out, but maybe l can get answers from him, ''Mir? Can you hear me? l'm Hiro, the one who helped you...Can you hear me?'' l lightly touched his hand, and his voice nearly leapt into my head. Memories and fragments of information blew mast my mind's eye.  images kept swirling until it all stopped, and l saw myself in a block area. Literally, everything was made of rectangles and blocks that kept moving and switching to colors l didn't know could ever exist. l wonder how l can help him....