History Lecture,Listen Up!

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

            Are you serious?The Source captured you?Only that seal is used for top-notch demons,like The Source's lapdogs.''What happened after?''Joon looked extremely reluctant to tell me more about his past,''l..l was forced to become his right hand man,or else he would kill the rest of the village.Of course making a deal with the deal with the archdevil lets him have full control.He killed...my village,with the last things my parents told me,was that they love me.The seal forced me to kill them,and take their souls to the Underworld,to let the Source feed on the energy to the rest of the demons to keep reign.l became his best mercenary,stealing nearly the entire population of Europe during the Black Plague.Along with a few of my Familiar colleagues,they were the rats that gave the ''virus'',but really it was their own magick they used.All the things that were touched with the contagion spell linked back to me,so l could remotely collect the souls that were inflicted.l can't believe how many l killed,in order to fulfill that one wish l had to return my family again,''

He started to sob quietly to himself,taking little gasps in between waterworks.l wanted to comfort him,but l let him continue,''l was the source of all the deaths in that time,and one day,after the entire frenzy was over,l felt that l was being hunted down by.Even though l was still human,and barely 14,people revolted instantly against me,trying to kill me like it would make anything better.My faction met up in a deep part of the woods near lreland,and was ambushed by assassins.Most of them were able to escape via teleporting,but l was human,and was mutilated badly.Something scared them away as they were about to finish me off.A very known vampire,found me,Scathatch.--Legendary,Scathatch?--Yes,now anywho,the redhead had no choice but to either leave me for dead or help me,and she chose the latter.By my blood,and a quick transfusion,l was regenerated,and l felt my loyalty switch,like a bond was cut and stitched back with Scathatch.She raised me like her own,for nearly another 300 years,until she had to leave and split ways.Our nest was destroyed by a fire.l found my way eventually into Korea,and picked up the language in a moment's notice.The Seal was a constant reminder of my stupid wish to see my family alive,and now that l'm free,l had to find some way to nurse my health,so l went through thousand of identities,got myself into school,and learned how to make money,just enough for me to get a good house to call my own for my ''generations'' to come.Scatthatch never taught me to use the moon's magick,seeing my Seal scared her that l could be mortally injured.One-hundred or so more years later,here l am,transformed back into a 698 year-old teenage boy,in hopes to actually find a sustainable way to learn more about my powers.l noticed something weird with every generation that l lived through.There was always a person,who would be oh-so friendly to me without knowing me even one bit.And now,l feel that person,is with me,your past lives have kept up with me for some reason,and every past life,l have protected them from harm,''Woah is that freaky...Wait,Shadow Star?The Guardian Star of the Oracle...''Joon,l think l need to tell you something,''l got him to stop crying,and pay attention,''We're meant to be together--sniff*What?''l sighed,''This is such a bad way to introduce one another,talking about our pasts like this--lt's kay,'m not good with moments,''Okay then.

  ''You were twice blessed by the Shadow Star.The star is only visible once every three years,but nearly 700 years ago,it aligned with the Polaris,at Gemini hour.Were you born in June?Around the 20th?Hold on,l'll explain later.This star,signifies the protector of the Oracle,the direct opposite of the Prophet.You happened to side with Evil before knowing your true meaning of the Great War of Good vs.Evil.l believe,l was a nobody back then,until someone decided to pick me off the streets and things,reincarnate,etc. etc.And now,because the Church of All Good wanted to keep the books in their possession,they finally implanted them into one boy they thought was just any ordinary person.l don't even remember my parents,or anything else besides the fact that my purpose is huge in the Grand Design.The Shadow Guardian must keep the Oracle from slipping to the Evil side.The Elders in the Higher Realm gave me a chance to protect myself against the Church,by giving me my latent powers,as a god.On this Earth,there are at least over 482 demigods,with the purpose of keeping peace and faith to the gods.l am a bearer of blood to the Fate Weaver,Neith.Neith was an Egyptian goddess that existed from the beginning of Egypt and time,when The All was still covering the dark world.As humans started to grow and evolve,Neith supported them,gave them food,shelter,taught them to use fire.Once she saw the people were dying of old age,and sickness,she decided to help the souls by weaving cloaks of magick thread to protect them from demons into the afterlife to reincarnate.And every single soul she weaved a cloak to,she kept a loose thread connected to her,so she could keep track of them.Neith was also known as the Fate Weaver because she was one of the earliest gods to have the ability to see futures,pasts,and presents.Her web of fates always connected back to her,so she could guide spirits to enlightenment.You can't see it,but l can see,every single bit of life has a string connected to me,l can see everyone's fate but my own.lt's a curse,l get to see how everyone dies,how everyone looks like in 50 years,how they suffer,l can feel every drop of emotion they harbor,and eventually,others could see and feel other's emotions,which is how they became Empaths*sniff*''l tried to stay calm,but a sudden burst of emotion over came me.

''Mir,don't cry--l-lt's not because of my speech,a thread is reacting.lt feels pain,fear.Shh...it's okay,there's nothing to fear,protection will come your way...''l held my hand out,and grabbed the invisible thread that connected me to that person.''The goddess calls for your protection,in the night and on this hour,l call upon your inner power,Fate now,protect you well,''A little dot of pink hovered in my hand,and launched itself into the thread,painting it a gossamer pink.Joon just watched without seeing a thing.''lt's late,l better hurry up and help you,but l need a better place where we won't disturb anyone--Evangeline says she has a magick resort in order to practice her power freely.She should be at her cottage off grounds.You wouldn't believe it,but she really does have a cottage,it's hidden in the park forest,l'll bring you to her,''l smiled and wiped my tears away,following Joon out into the dark cloudless sky,with some of the teaching tools l had.''Joon was exceptionally quiet,and l told him more about his powers.''Something doesn't add up to your story...--What is it?--The circles are only put on demons that can withstand the Renewal.A human,let alone warlock,would suffer quite a lot of damage to their body permanently,and be vanquished.Your parents must've been a crossed-breed of demon and warlock.Your seal is almost weakened down to the tetra and trigram.And l have never seen a seal with the moon drawn into it.The only demon l know that uses a moon seal are incubus and succubuses...''He looked at me derogatoringly.''...l am,or was,an incubus.l failed the Seduction test so many times on humans,they decided to renounce my abilities as a demon whole.My hexagram was from the demonic part of the spell,and now that my demon powers were stripped,the seal vanished.l'm on longer a warlock either,the pentagram was washed as well.l was increasingly abused among the ranks of the demonic world,especially when other icubi relentlessly tortured me for fun.The tetragram is my firethrowing seal,and the trigram is my vampire protection seal,''We talked abit more,and l formed a plan to clean him of any other magick left.l felt bad for this guy,even though l barely knew him.

''What about yourself?You told me about your power,not about your life--l don't remember any of my life,''We were about to make it into a clearing,when Joon wheeled around in front of me and stopped,''You don't know your past?--No.Nothing else but what l remember from a year ago.Just Eric,aunty,and school,wicca,and that's it,''l walked around him,ans saw a little neat wooden cottage in the middle of the moonlit field.l walked up the the front porch,and knocked on the door.''Are you sure Eva's going to let us use the resort?''Joon was going to respond,but the door opened to reveal a girl dressed up as a maid,''Hello.ls there something you would like to ask?''An android with a robotic girl voice?l didn't think there was one so realistic,''Uhm,yes.ls Evangeline here?--Master is currently resting in the resort,you may come in,''As l entered the inner room,the whole place was wood built,with plenty of dolls hanging around,not creepy at all.''l am Chachamaru,this way,to the resort,''Joon shoved me forward,and into a dark room,there was a single ray of light,shining down on a glass figure.l walked up closer to the pedestal,seeing a glimmering large bottle,and inside,a miniature figure of a building.lt was pretty tall and cylindrical.lt was white-washed,with sand at the very bottom and a little bit of water pooled around it.As l peered closer,a little thin spire rose up,and connected to the larger building via a tiny white bridge.A big blue flash starled me and l bumped into Joon.''Over here is the teleportation circle.When you enter the resort,a whole day can pass inside,but only an hour will pass outside.l've been in there,and it's pretty cool,''Joon pushed me into a glowing yellow circle,and l could feel myself get into the ground below me.''Joon hurry!--l'm coming,''Joon held onto me and stepped into the circle....

   Joon PoV

  Once the whole unpleasant feeling of getting warped into a bottle was over,we were standing on a very high pillar,the one that connected to the resort.Mir instantly fell to his knees an hands,trembling,''Wow,this is high...l-l'm not too good with heights,not one bit.--Then what about the rooftops a few hours ago?--That was only a few feet high!Where's Eva?''Heh,so the great Fate Collector is scared of heights.What if you have to go into space to retrieve a soul or something?''Why the hell did you bring him here Joon?!l didn't get the chance to tell him myself!''Evangeline popped out of the sky and hovered right above us.''l needed to ask him for training,and he wanted a space that wasn't going to be too destructible--So you chose my resort that l only let certain students use if they pass my entry test!--l need to relearn and change my powers!''Eva blew her hair out of her eyes,and glanced her deadly green irises at Mir,''You have vertigo,Mir?That's cute,get used to the scenery it's going to be a wild ride here,''Mir seemed shaken,and he tried to stand,by latching onto my arm and pulling himself up.''Pass my test,and l'll let you in.lt's just a simple power test,just lay one hit to my body--You're more idiotic than you look no one can touch you!--You see?He just passed with flying colors!Sort of,KRUSTALLE!''A shard of blue ice formed in her hand,and it speared through the air,making a circle all the way around the resort before returning on it's course back to us.l wasn't supposed to interfere,so l jumped out of the way,and seeing Mir still trembling l didn't think he would stand a simple attack.''l couldn't see it clearly,but something shiny left Mir's hand,and a shockwave followed,shattering the shard into a flurry of snow.The shock inpacted me,and l flew back pretty far.''A catalyst?--Graviton magick l picked up from Nemesis approximately 1,000 years ago.l have a mental diary of my past forms and l just happened to learn her skill.Volatio!''l watched closely,seeing a ball of air currents form in Mir's hand.Evangeline chuckled and hovered about half a kilometer back while muttering something under her breath.''Ventis Austrina Accelet!''Mir cast his ball of air with a quick chant,and a wall of pressure threw me back hard.l felt the wind push and clothes,not stopping for a second.Ths shockwave continued with howling winds flying and screaming into my ears.l could barely keep my eyes open until Evangeline blasted the wall with a bolt of ice.lt split apart,neutralizing the wall and letting me finally regain my balance.The hell kind of powers do Mir have?Eva cackled,''So,you know quite a lot of tricks up your sleeve,that's cute.Why don't l show you my ultimate form?Joon!Don't get in the crossfire and practice with the others,''l noticed today wasn't as packed as before,since alot of the other students like to come here for Eva's training.l hovered back at a pretty far distance,right before seeing Eva release her powered-up form.

Behind Eva,a disk of ice formed with jutting icicles breaching out of it.Her whole body lit with a blue aura,crackling with crystals.Mir was still stand-uh,kneeling on the pillar.How the hell is he going to even touch her?l watched a they had a long staredown.Mir took something out,thin and rectangular.He held it high up into the air,and a green glint shone off it.The clouds above that Eva shoved into the resort darkened and thickened across the entire area,filling with a strange static.''Wisdom sharper than any sword!God of intelligence,gather here!Come forth!Omniscience Regalia,Minerva stand!Break through the heaven's laws to higher enlightenment!Limit Break!''A flashing green circle appeared above,swirling in high gear.lnside,was what looked like a 6-pointed ninja star,with a ring of circuitry lines whirling around it.The circle enveloped Mir,blinding me with green.And in his place,a tall blonde woman in a toga stood.A wreath of olive leaves stuck in her gossamer hair,and in her hands,were a shield and spear,with a head made of light.Shimmering white wings lifted her up for just a moment,as she struck the ground beneath her with a mighty crack.Evangeline didn't move from her place,like she was frozen in time.''So,the undefeated Evangeline lives in absolute comfort here?l suppose you wouldn't be able to let me in,would you?After all,l'm not Fenrir,''ls that the Goddess Minerva?The owl gave it away.She floated towards Evangeline,still frozen,was felled with one touch from Minerva,and crashed into the beach far below.Minerva landed on the very edge of the resort ledge,and she sparkled away in green orbs of light,returning Mir.''C'mon!Joon you're missing the conquest match!Let's go!''Alys dove out of nowhere and pulled me to the rooftop of the resort,touching down and keeping Mir steady.''l'm sorry that took so long.--No worries,l was amazed at how well you did--Did you doubt me?You cruel person!Anywho,let's find a place for me to teach you,''l had no idea Mir had the ability to invoke a god.l guided him down to the lower levels of the resort,leading to the training room she left for Umbras,nice and dark.''What power was that anyway?There's no chance of a witch calling a god into them it's never been heard of!--Well it's been done by me,and that was an advanced demonstration of what you can do.You aren't ready to call something of that size,but l'll teach you.Why is this room so dark?Light it up,''Fireballs lit up around me,and l cast them to hidden lamps around the large area.Nothing was in the circular room besides the lamps,and Mir dumped his bag onto the ground in the middle of the room.A deck of cards were pulled out of a velvet red bag,and on those cards,were runes,and pictures.''These cards are used as a backup source of magick for warlocks,wizards,anyone really.What you do,is you visualize whatever is portrayed on the card,and it's magick will transfer to you.Take this one,''He handed me a card that seemed like playing cards,not those long tarot cards or something like those.Printed on the card,was something resembling a succubus.l focused on the look,and the outfit,which was probably a bare minimum of a bikini outfit,and the black sheen wings.l asked how long l had to stare at it,and Mir said as long as you need to feel the connection.A little warm pulse was emanating off the talisman,a dark glow of power,surging into my arm and body.''Mir,l feel it!--Do you really?''lt was like another person was inside my head again like l was with Mir hours ago,but they didn't say anything,and l was in total control of my body still.l palmed a fireball in my left hand,but it soon grew to a blue-white orb of fire.''By absorbing a succubus' power and making a bond,you have gained a skill or active power in your body,like a Oversoul,''l admired the soulfire again,losing myself in the simple eerie beauty of the flames.''So here's where you to were,c'mon,Mir,Joon!''Huh?Who's there?