Wake-up Call!

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

            Hiro PoV

     l opened my eyes to a dark room and a towering G.O above me. "Morning sunshine. lf you told me earlier you liked the floor l would've heated it,"  Nghhh, l'm on the ground? l slowly got up from my heavy sleep and sat up on the couch. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, l could feel my body waking up. l looked around and squinted as the window shutters opened and revealed streaks of light through a cloudy morning.

 "IS THERE ANY SNOW OUTSIDE?!" Was the first thing l heard when Seungho got up as he checked outside. G.O sighed, "At least a morning would be nice. Why don't we go out for some breakfast? lt's gunna be kind of hot later today and it' already ten,'' He had me at breakfast. l jumped up and stretched out my body ready for the day ahead. Another voice yawned in my head also, "Morning. What day is it?--- lt's the 12th of November Mir,'  He yawned again and started telling me all this stuff he needed to get today to bring to his body.  Why are you telling me all of this? 

"We're almost to the holiday of rest in magickal terms. The magickal energy today will make people feel a bit more relaxed and chill, as well as restoring power and health to those who need it. lf we perform a ritual today we can heal me a lot faster,''  Where do l sign? l mean if it's going to heal you more easily that's great! As we left the dorm Mir reminded me it was time to turn the application in for the school, and that was my first stop. Seungho came with me while G.O went to get us some seats at a restaurant. Seungho gave me a tour of the school while heading to the office, "You ready to come to this school? l hope you're tough enough to handle it," l assured him l'd be fine. Once we reached the main office, l deposited my application in an electronic box that had a notification. lt read: ALL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE ENTRANCE EXAM OR INTERVIEW ON THE SAME DAY OF APPLICATION REVIEW OR THREE DAYS MINIMUM AFTERWARDS. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA MAIL AND PHONE CALLS.  Well you didn't need to yell at me! The both of us left for the front of the school where G.O waited for us in the freezing cold. ''Aww, G.O, you didn't have to wait in the cold,'' l thought he would've frozen over like the Han River but he was just fine. l raised an eyebrow and he grabbed my arm. Woah. His entire body was radiating warmth. "Is that your power doing that?---Yup. Seungho hangs onto me for dear life when he's cold. Hey! Sung...ho.can't...bre...huuuuh,'' l asked him about his power and Seungho just squeezed G.O. like a pimple. Bruh, rude. 

"Let's just hurry up and go get something. l'm in the mood for mandu,'' Seungho begged and G.O looked at me and l said yes. We quickly found a warm, steamy mandu shop and inhaled all the mandu they had. Right after we finished hating ourselves for overeating Mir told me to stop by his aunt's shop for ingredients while the other two went out to have fun. l took in a chilly breath and walked slowly to enjoy the scenery. There wasn't really any snow but the sky was dotted with bits of blue between the grey pillows of cloud. The trees near Parking Lot Street were saluting with their brown branches, and the grass fields were sprayed with frost and dew. l wonder why l never get to see these things instead of seeing those little spirits. l wandered a bit more until l got to the street Mir told me about. The street was bustling with people buying and selling, while Mir's aunt's store seemed much more relaxed. l went in and got a whiff of strong herbs and books.The store looked like something you saw in Harry Potter's freaking library at Hogwarts or an old Victorian house. Books were stacked high upon one another on the ground and shelf, while on another side of the store, crystals and bottles and many other paraphernalia were displayed. A woman was at the cashier with a customer while another girl was stocking the store. Where's Mir's aunt? l don't imagine that the lady at the counter is much of an aunt. 

That's Yuli at the counter. She works here part-time. The other girl is Stacey. l don't think she's here...wait. Behind you.  What? l looked back behind me and saw a more older woman walk in. She didn't seem that old, but l would qualify her as an aunt. As she walked by l called out for her attention, and she looked back with a confused look. "Well hello there. You seem to be new to my store. My name is..well l have a lot but people often call me Maggie. What can l do for you?" She was probably as tall as Mir an had an average build based on her clothing. She wore a blue jacket over some thick sweats but l could tell she was probably in good health. Her eyes were a dark brown which matched her hair. "Hi, l'm Mir's friend, Hiro. l was told---  Hiro? OH HIRO oh thank you! Thank you for protecting him!" Her eyes instantly streamed out waterworks and she hugged me with the force of at least a train. She sobbed in my arms for a second and l was just errrrrrr yeah. l stood there frozen until she was able to collect herself.  "Thank you so much Hiro for saving him. That little boy keeps getting in trouble, and l just visited him from the hospital today---  lt wasn't his fault though Maggie. Wait what? He's at the hospital?" She wiped away her tears and sniffled, "He was moved right after that Suiko girl at the Judgment offices checked his stability. He's in room 307 at the hospital three blocks down the street if you want to see him," l should really hurry before they start doing anything to him.  l quickly told Maggie about the situation, "l need these ingredients Mir told me and l really need to hurry and perform the ritual---  But are you not an Esper dear? l advise you not to use magick when being an Esper. lt will weaken your own powers. l should go,"   No! You have magick Hiro, you're not an Esper. Besides this will prove if you are or not. 

    You're right.  This will prove my powers to myself for good. l tried to tell Maggie, "Please Maggie don't.  lt's something l need to do for Mir,"  She hesitated for only a second, and came back after getting a single white candle.  "Prove it to me you have enough power to help Mir, and l'll get everything you need,"  Maggie explained with a teacherly manner as she made me follow her to her back room. The room smelled like fresh mint and citronella; this must be their prep room for materials. Right in the middle of the room, Maggie sat down cross-legged.  l followed suit and sat down in front of her. The little white candle was set on the ground in between us and lit with a match.  "lf you can do anything to the candle with a spell, it'll prove yourself to me. Take your time," And with that she stopped talking and closed her eyes. Ok. Somewhat panicking Mir what do l do? l thought to myself until Mir responded.

      Spells require imagination, just like your natural powers do. Meditate for a moment and just clear out your thoughts. A spell will come to you. Besides, spells are just rhymes to give your magick more focus.  Ok then. Just clear out everything. Breathe.....whooo. l let my mind wander and listen to the sounds around me. l soon found a familiar sound: the sound of rustling grass and bushes. A boy's voice called to me, and l knew who it was. That little fox spirit Mir showed me.  The voice kept whispering words to me, and l soon found my rhyme. l slowly spoke it out and continued to do so.

"Spirit of fox, spirit of fire, burn bright where l desire,"

     l continued the chant until the heat in front of me grew unbearable from the candle.  l imagined the candle flame was tall and thin, not flickering one bit.  Once the image stuck in my mind, my eyes opened to the exact same image in my head. The candle had already melted a lot, and in the middle of the hot pool of wax, a thin flame was standing tall.  l was shocked at how well it held up. So...l have magick?  l looked up at Maggie who cracked a half smile, and put out the flame. Without saying a word she just shoved a bag of things into my hand and waved me off.  So l'm a magician now? SWEET! l jumped up and ran right out of the store shouting thanks and goodbye while going out. l really hope something good is going to happen like Mir said...