Marked.

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

           Joon PoV

     l asked Chachamaru to bypass the one-day rule,and l hurriedly went back to the dorm before the sun started making me itchy.Alys greeted me on the way out as l walked back to our room.l took a peek at the bed,but it was empty.Where was he?l wanted him to rest.A knock came on my door,and it was Makie,looking a bit smug.''Are you looking for Mir?Your little friend already left while you were gone.l saw him go to the hill in the back of the school,and he was just speaking in rhymes under the Elder tree and Oak trees,''Oh,probably his daily prayer to the Goddess,wait,my ''little friend''?

''What do you mean by ''little friend''?--Huh?Nothing,l just thought since you suddenly seem to be fitting so well with him...lt's probably my y imagination thinking wrong,''No,it's your erted head that's got it mixed.l dropped my things off and went to the bathroom,flushed.D-Dammit,that the hell?l've never felt flushed before!l quickly splashed water onto my face,and cleaned myself up before going to look for him.l hope none of the others started harrassing him.l rushed and ran through the forest trail until l made it to the quiet hill.l took a moment to rest,but Mir was lying on his back.''Mir!--Shh,l'm almost done.Sin Gratis Jupiteris Cura!''A breeze flew through the grassy hill,and it stopped abruptly.He got up and brushed himself off,''Are you healing yourself?--l just finished.l'm starving!Healing magick takes way too much of my energy,let's eat~''l breathed out a sigh of relief,and walked back with him to the dorm,when l forgot that l needed to get groceries today at the stand,''Mir,why don't we just go to the cafeteria or go out to eat?lt's Saturday,and l bet Market Street has a lot of things there to eat--Why don't you just bring back the food and groceries,l'll cook them when you get back,okay?''But,l thought you were starving,''You'd be flat by the time l make it through the line.l'll just go ask the cafeteria if l can grab a few things for breakfast--Ooh,l'll make Cococurry!Better hurry~''He pranced off away back to the dorm,and l slowly shuffled towards the mess hall to get food.What the hell was Coco-curry?

  ''lf you need anything come back again,''Even the cafeteria lady sounded distant when waving me off,was l that unpleasant to be around?l noticed a chill ran down my spine,and the smell of strawberries wafted off me.Suiko?l looked around,but l couldn't see her.Did it wear off?''l'm inside you,idiot,don't look around,'' Oh,right. ''What is it Suiko?'' A ghostly appartition of my friend appeared in front of me. ''You guys need practice in the gym, l just saw them put up listings for the Judgement recruitments. l signed you up with Mir for the training program once you get through evaluations,'' Get to kick badasses and get possibly paid? Count me in.

''Alright, l can try it out. What are the qualification tests?'' Suiko bust out laughing in her ectoplasmic form. What's so funny about qualms? ''lt's...all about your mind. Mind challenges, brain teasers, maze trainings, stuff like that. l know how bad you are with those,'' And you signed me up?! ''Wait, how can you lift a pencil without a hand?- You idiot it's the 21st century! l just, my gut in and dove into the circuitry boards. Voila, 9th and 10th place on the submission board,'' Gee, thanks l totally am ready for this...? While l was walking back and talking with Suiko more about the challenges, she looked like she was holding back on a secret. l stopped where l stood, and Suiko was yanked back to me by an invisible force. ''Hey! What's the hold up?- You're not telling me something,'' She smiled. ''l know you don't like talking about yourself, but you will have to get to know your partner on a very good basis. Social negativity can ruin the way you two perform in the field, whether it be cleanup or arresting criminals. lf you two make it, l won't be in your the entire time and l can leave- ls that why my 's been so itchy?'' She laughed out loud in her echo-y voice. ''Maybe, but my point is,most of the tests are about your partner and making a close bond with them. Have fun~'' And with that she just vanished. ''Will you hurry up?!'' l looked up at Mir who was on the balcony, yelling at me to bring the food up. ''You'll take forever Joon, just hold it out for me! Hyah!'' The bags of groceries were yanked out of my hand by strings of possible fate? Aren't you supposed to not use the threads like that? l walked up and into our room, where Mir was packing everything into the fridge. Wait,then where's the blood packs?! Mir picked up on my distress and pointed to a box set on the ground next to my side of the bed.

''So l lied a little about the healing spell this morning. l asked a new friend of mine Suza to craft an icebox for me. She's an alchemist/blacksmith so she's pretty helpful. After a few days she made the box, and l infused it with magick to keep the blood filled with the energy you need. Don't thank me. lt slides right into the ground so you won't clunk around it or anything. l better get ready,'' He washed all the vegetables and started to peel and cut them. He looked unsteady while cutting everything. Sheesh, does he even know how to cook anything? Just as l thought something would happen, something did. l saw a little sliver of red blooming on the tip of his fingers. Oh for 's sakes... l walked over and grabbed his hand, which made him jump. ''And you said you could cook...?- lt slips once and a while, don't judge...'' Without thinking a second thought l just felt a sudden urge to nibble on his finger. l lowly raised his index finger to my lips, and flicked my tongue over the cut. Something about Mir's blood made me feel...awake? l wanted to keep going, but l was feeling hungry,and l didn't want to worry Mir. ''Uh, sorry. Here, l'll cook for you,'' l pulled his index finger away, and the cut was fully healed. l looked at Mir's face, and it was pink as anything l've ever seen. W-Wasn't there something else l was supposed to tell him? Hmm? Why is my itchy? Oh right, Judgement.

   ''Oh Mir, l got us signed up for Judgement evaluations, just like Suiko wanted. After we eat we should head to the gym, l don't want you to embarrass us out in the field, ok?'' ln his almost drunken stupor he nodded and headed away from me to the bed where he just flopped onto the mattress. Okay then~ Back to making decent food...

    Mir PoV

  Did he seriously just...? l know l offered him to, but it looked like he wanted to my guts dry. l'm going to just stand over here and prep my things l brought over. More clothing, my ingredients, books, bigger cauldron, and l think my old collection basket. l haven't crafted anything in ages...maybe it's time l got back into habit. Where's that Uni? l remembered l made a lot of salves for Master's experiments and loads of bombs...wait, how am l remembering this? l've never done any of these things, so why do l know so much? So many of these strange looking reagents l knew all the names to. The cauldron was already boiling with a cool froth, and l felt like getting creative. Let's make Nectar. l took a little bottle of green supplement nd poured it into the bubbling blue base liquid, changing it slightly teal. Next to me, was my collection bag of reagents l picked with Master and saved long ago. A few Pumin-balls, spring water, and strawberries. Using a wand that l made long ago, l swirled the concoction slowly and let it do it's magick. The nectar should be done in half an hour, just as the food is finished. ''Mir l'm done cutting everything and prepping for you, go ahead and make the food,'' Great, just on track. l took my time with the cooking, making sure l made every bit of it delicious. Half an hour later and breakfast was served...ish, it was almost lunch anyways. l made my favorite japanese curry that l learned from one of my friends. l couldn't wait to dig in. Joon looked at it cautiously,'' This isn't going to burn my tongue off or anything is it?- Psh, of course not, l added a little garlic for a nice kick,'' But before l sat down l got the cauldron lid open, and revealed that the liquid was all gone, just a large pitcher with sweet red nectar juice. Beats going to the market. Joon took a bite of the curry and rice, and l waited with baited breath. He turned to me and stayed quiet, except for one question, ''Don't eat yours, it's not too good, so can l have it?'' Ha, in your dreams. l brought over the drink and poured it into two glasses. The fizz settled on the top like soda.

  ''When did you make this? lt smells so good already- lt was right before you finished cutting everything for me. Anywho, the both of us finished and got to the gym just like Joon planned to. The gym was right next to the auditorium, but there was more than bodybuilding inside the room. Other students were testing their skills, and it looked easy. l couldn't even get the chance to look around when Joon pulled me aside. ''This year, Judgement training is all about the mind. lt's mostly tactics and things like that. We'll practice skills later,'' Well then...??? Suiko's form popped out right next to me, looking cheery in her pale figure. ''l lied a little about the mind training, but there is some parts involved. They're imploying so many freaking systems for each Clan now. Umbras get to use souls now- Are you serious? We can use you?'' She cocked her head to the side thinking for a moment, and then nodded, ''l become anything you form me into. A ball, blade, pillow, shield, whatever. The point is, l won't really feel it so l'm a ethereal weapon. Have fun!,'' Easy for you to say, look who l'm having 'fun' with, Mr.bipolar over here...