Love is Blue

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

            Thunder PoV

He looked way too worried, and l was touched that he even put his life on the line but that should have never happened. "Hey don't be so hard on yourself. You could've really gotten hurt....and thanks for being stupid," He accepted the backhanded compliment as if it was the award ceremony opener and hugged me tightly. I looked annoyed but on the inside l was relieved. His embrace got tighter and tighter to the point l was worried about my wounds opening once more. I tried to get him off me saying, "lt's no good if my wounds open again, get off please," He complied and l continued, "And l have a name you know. It's Nakji. Or Shido if you prefer Japanese," Smiling he repeated my nicknames and decided on Shido.  He still looked concerned and stared at his hands, "Shido. How did l... What did l do to stop that guy? All l wanted to do was keep him from attacking you," Looks like l have more lessons to teach...

l made sure he was going to stay away from fights before l taught him anything, "l need you to promise me you won't interfere with anymore Judgment fights. Got it?" He nodded and l walked with him to his motorcycle Hiro parked outside. What's this for? l asked him casually expecting some witty comeback, "Did you want me to ride behind or in front of you?'' He smiled and plopped me onto the seat with little effort at all. He jumped on behind me straddling my body, ''lt's no good if you fall off. l'll stay behind you and just hold onto me,'' His large arms gripped the handles and we sped off back to my apartment presumably. With all the heat around me from Hiro's body it was so warm and unbearable, making me feel flustered to be so close to him....??? WAIT WHAT AM I DOING THINKING LIKE A GIRL? l held onto him as tight as possible trying hard not to get thrown off by his ridiculous driving skills. At least we made it minutes later to the apartment complex. Once the engine stopped l jumped off his bike and started ranting, ''You idiot! Can't you at least be more careful when driving that thing? And you aren't even old enough to drive yet! l could've been hurled off onto the street if you weren't there---!!!'' My face reddened as l was about to say something unnecessary. l wheeled myself to face the apartment and made my way up. The entire time behind me Hiro was just trying to change the subject, ''Hey if you're hurt l should take care of you! l don't want you to get injured while you're doing something!''


Tsk* This boy is so persistent! ''Knock it off! l'll be fine! lf you want to come in fine but you need to work don't you? That fight was pretty close o the flower shop and l don't want you to get hurt so....l. uhm. Nevermind!''

Hiro grabbed my arm right before going inside to the living room, ''l knew you would come to see me. After what you said yesterday it hurt me a little, but l understood it. l saw you at the coffee shop---Nonsense!''

l wanted to get inside yet Hiro decided to carry me into the bedroom. l argued with him the entire time, ''Let go! l'm not a child! We're not a couple or anything so let go! Hey are you listening to me?!'' Not a single word as we got to my room. He laid me down gently and decided to do something for me. He said, ''l'll go take a shower and let you rest. Want me to make dinner tonight? Hmm l wonder what you'd like,'' Oh great. Now l have a nanny who's also my student! l give up, just let me sleep already! l turned around to face the window, which revealed grey clouds rolling in the first rainstorm of the season. l should've done more today.... l got Hiro involved. But he's a telepathist, how could he block that attack from ripping through the both of us? Emotions swam in my mind, bringing up feelings l didn't want to even put a name to. And yet, there was this sick feeling that surrounded all of those emotions. lt wasn't a bad feeling but it was strange. My fingers went to my lips and touched them, feeling a curve of the flesh in a smile. Why? Why am l smiling with so much confusion?! Argh, screw it all! All l could think about was Hiro....could he be controlling me right now? Hiro took a few minutes and came back out of the shower still a little damp from the steam that billowed off his towel. Something crept up onto my face making it feel hot. Stop it Thunder! While l was panicking in my bed, Hiro just watched, ''You look cute when you struggle--- Shut it!'' his little kid is making me feel this way?!?!

''Admit it already. l can read your mind anyways--- l haven't even started to teach you yet! Put up a damn shield when you think. l can't focus when you're thinking so loud. Imagine a barrier around you and concentrate. Do not let your thoughts get out of hand.....ugh, so warm. Stop thinking about me!'' My blush crept higher and possibly dyeing my hair pink. His shield is barely anything wafer thin. l used my highest note to cut him off. He recoiled, ''Ouch, you didn't have to go that high. l'm just playing around. But l really did appreciate you coming and seeing me at the flower shop. Will you forgive me by letting me make dinner--- Okokok, just go make it,'' Just as he was going to leave, he leaned in close to me with his warm and wet face pecking me on the lips for just one second. That is it! My mind melted in happiness and.....asdfghjkl.....

       Joon PoV

  Days later after that incident near the train station, l stayed at the dorm watching over Mir, but nothing changed, and Chachamaru didn't give me much useful information at all. Mir's state grew into a coma, and all he ever did was sweat and dream. l've seen that foreigner many times hanging around the outskirts of town or the school vicinity. And every once in a while he would still remind me not to get in the way. l have to do something soon...but what? The full moon was approaching and l should never be out and about when it's up. Today l decided to go stock up on our dorm supplies, and came back to see the man at our dorm room. Mir was on the ground and still passed out. ''What the are you doing to Mir?!'' l was enraged. What does he think he's doing? Mir's still asleep!  The Englishman ignited a fireball in his hands, and l knew what he wanted.

''You should've came to me. His memory needs to be wiped soon. You will not interfere with it at all,'' As he talked, l found papers with strange symbols stuck all over the dorm  and l remembered there were a few outside as well. ''What's with the papers?--- l'll show you. Ash to ash, Dust to dust! lnnocentius! Burn everything!''  l watched as a fire spirit like the first one we fought grew larger and larger, wielding a burning giant cross. ''Meet 3000 degrees Celsius of pain,'' He let the spirit loose on me, and l did not want to burn down the entire house. Can we not rebuild again? l tried to fight back with my own fire but nothing made any impact. There was nothing l could do to this thing but then Mir piped up with the spirit thing, ''Magickal impact insufficient. Runes are being place on ranged area. Spirit has limited range within area and runes must be destroyed in order to releas---Crush*'' Mir's head was crushed down with the man's boot. That hurt me a lot. How could you hurt something you want to save? l ran outside to get away from the intense heat, and just like Mir said the spirit couldn't go outside too far. How am l going to stop it? Runes...paper. lnk! That's it. l ran back to the side of the dormitory and pulled the fire alarm, spraying chilled water over the entire place. l hope my idea works...

  l rushed inside to see the magickian still there keeping the spirit intact while the water kept spraying down. The magickian started to chuckle, ''Hohoho, you think a little mist is going to put out lnnocentius?--- l'm doing it for the runes, you moron,'' He laughed at it again, ''You think l wrote runes on mere tissue paper?--- No of course l thought so. But then there's the issue if the ink which won't hold very soon...ah l was right,'' lnnocentius was starting to lose it's flames and flicker out. l quickly slipped into the shadows and into the Distortion World. This world is parallel to the other world, and everything is negative colored. l quickly located Mir and pulled him through and to the outside of the dorm. l didn't want to leave him but l have to put that to rest in pieces.  Luckily in Distortions world you don't have legs, you can just glide and l captured the flame spirit in a blanket of darkness to smother it out. l wanted to kill this guy so badly. l made a little intro speech as to why he shouldn't mess with me. lt was just a simple, '' you. And now l have to kill you!'' One punch to his stomach left him winded. lt must've been that spirit's need for power. l lined my fist with dark energy to knock him out which it did very well. Now, where should l dispose of you? l think a crystal cage would work just fine....

   Minutes later l brought the Englishman to the woods on the outskirts of Seoul and placed him in the crystal cage. l double lined it just to be safe. Now back to Mir. Gliding through the shadows l made it back to a beat up Mir on the ground. ''Mir! an you hear me?'' He was still breathing at least. l brought him back into our room and called Eva once more. l was anxious, what am l supposed to do? l heard the little girl's voice on the other end of the line, ''So, what is it you want to bother me with now Joon? You still haven't come in to train yet--- lt's important. l need to know how much memory a brain can hold if it's 85% filled. ls there only enough room for a year's worth of memory after?'' Eva breathed quietly on the other side and came up with a conclusion, ''Theoretically, no. Our brain's have the ability to keep rewiring itself to adapt to the amount of memories it has. We have three basic sections. One section for emotion and memory, another for thought process, and one for motor skills. Even with the brain 85% filled, it's possible for a human to remember over 140 years worth of memories. So no, in our lifetimes not as immortal vampires we cannot exhaust our brains to their fullest,'' Thank God Evangeline was a Physiology teacher once. That means, l can save Mir, but l've gotta protect him from those creeps first. My mind was racing, from how to save him to how to protect him. l think he talked about something like a collar that prevented the books from being used.l didn't see any actual collar on his neck, maybe they put it somewhere inside....? My face felt heated when dirty images started to pop into my mind. Nonono! l gotta do something soon. Racking my brain, l thought of using a summoning to get a creature's help, but even l don't know what to do with that. Maybe l just need to feel the energy like Mir taught me before all this drama dropped in. Looking through every orifice l could, l felt a deep energy inside his mouth. Extending a finger into his mouth, my investigation began. The more deeper l went down the more power l could feel, and then l touched something that zapped me back off my feet.

   The spirit was starting to talk, ''Barriers 1-3 are down. Warnings Chapter 4 Verse 22. Regeneration field activating. Negative. Magickal regeneration down. Switching to attack phase,'' His body floated up and face in my direction while l called Eva for backup. She responded quickly and arrived just as Mir started to talk again minutes later. ''What the bloody hell did you do?!'' Eva screamed at me. ''l just wanted to get rid of the collar! l touched it and then this happened!'' Mir's muttering became faster and louder, building power as he went. ''Target acquired. Lee Joon. Now setting Chapter 12 Verse 18. Activating Cross of the Church,'' A beam of white light shot forward aiming for me, and l was lucky Evangeline blocked it. l have to stop him!  l wanted Eva's help badly, ''What should l do?--- What else numbskull? Attack him and knock him out!--- That won't be necessary, l'm going to kill him!'' The guy from earlier already got out of the cage?! And he brought help!  My anger was starting to boil up within me, ''You! lf you want to help be a Guardian then save him! HOW DARE YOU GIVE UP ON HIM SO QUICKLY!'' l ranted as much as l could,  ''What the hell do think you are calling yourself a guardian when you can't even protect your client? lf you're his friend then you should help him not hurt him!  Haven't you been chasing him for years now? Don't you want to finally put this to rest! Then hurry up and help me!''

    The wizard put his hands onto my shoulder, ''Normally l would kill you right now...but l'll settle our score another time. lnnocentius!'' His spirit came out again and helped me attack forward. lt's the middle of the day and l really didn't want to be expelled in any way. The beam stopped all of a sudden, and Mir talked again, ''Attack impact insufficient. Switching to mode two. Saint George's Church activate, '' Blue light was above the dorm, and rings of magickal symbols were cast in the sky. Eva yelled at me, ''Hurry the up! He's casting the ultimate holy spell! Go!'' l dashed forward as fast as l could, and reached out to grab his neck. Bolts of blue lightning tore the roof off the dorm and l stopped it just in time with a quick pulse to his body Mir was knocked out. The spell was still going, and the only thing l could think of doing was to protect Mir. l covered him with my body, waiting for the impact, and searing cold energy hit my back, zapping into unconsciousness...