Viam Transivit(Crossed Paths)

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                 The room looked totally unused.Lamps hung with blue energy inside.Woah,legit magickal lamps.A pedestal holding a bowl on top was frothing with a deep violet hue.The place looked dark,even with the lamps and shades open.Books were stacked all over the place in shelves,and other things.''Well,what are you waiting for?come in,''A girl's voice shocked me,and a girl was sitting upon the front desk.She had pink hair,and wore gothic lolli clothes.''So,you're the new guy?l'm Alys,this is Joon,who you probably can't see cuz he's so thin.Anywho,welcome to class,''You're kidding me.''Who's the teacher?---Miss Mcdowell,''Why does that name sound familiar?lt couldn't be...''Will you take a seat,or do l have to make you stand outside?l quickly at down and looked at the woman who yelled at me.My suspicions were correct,but l couldn't believe my eyes.''Evangeline A.K. Mcdowell is our teacher?''The blonde woman sat down in the front seat.''So you know me already,how sweet.l saw your performance today,not too bad.The bell is about to ring in a few minutes,you might as well head to your next classes.And you,Mir,be careful around others.Now that people know you are an Umbra,they'll be careful---Of course!Who wouldn't be scared of you Eva..l mean,Miss Mcdowell---Eva's fine,l don't mind.But,l'm not the one they fear,it's the half starving one over there in the corner.We all met here in the morning for only about 30 minutes for a debrief,and then you head out for the rest of your courses.Have fun,now get out of my sight,''l walked up and headed to the Chem lab in room 259.The navigator pointed the way quickly.The other Class students parted ways for us to leave,with another harsh judgement session as we passed them.What the hell do they want?l headed south,where people were still shying way from me.What did l do?Thunder caught me by suprise,''So,heading to the science wing?Whatcha got?Chemistry?---Yup--Yes,you're with me,ok?''We made it to a giant building with several classrooms.All of them seemed like labs.Room 259 was on the ground level,and l found it soon enough.Thunder and l sat near the middle section,while the still mysterious Joon walked further back,until he found a table to sit at.The people next to him fled like flies,walking around asking everyone for a seat change.''Uh,would you switch with me?---Sure,''What's the big deal?lt's just a person.l got up and went to the back,sitting myself in the same table pair.l finally got a better look at Joon.He had a dark tanned complexion,with flawless skin.His eyes were closed,and resting with his hand supporting his head.His bangs covered his forehead and his eyes,sweeping to the left.His hair was a sleek black,with red and brown highlights.l saw hint of a deep purple.He dressed in a plain white t-shirt with a design over it.He had dark jeans on,and they looked like skinnies.''Remind me again why you dicided to sit next to me?''Why not?His deep velvety voice struck a chord with me,like l was supposed to know him.

''Because everyone is scared of you?--Why aren't you scared then?''

''Cuz l have no idea what to be scared of.You're just,you.''

''You don't know me---But l plan to,''

''Get ready for a ride of your life...Mir,''

''How do you know my name?---Just a guess''Lucky guess then.

     Chemistry was as boring as it was brewing potions.Take forever.l fell asleep,and had Joon almost shove me over the edge.''C'mon,we have PE.You better get up and follow me if you're so intent on learning about me---l don't have to follow you though---Fine,but if you want to make it on time,you better come,''What a dickhead.''l heard that...''Ugh,mind reader too?l grabbed my stuff and went with him,suddenly feeling super protected by him.Everyone looked super scared or irritated by him.''What's up with all the haters?---Beats me,they just don't like me for some reason...hey,watch where you're going,''He stopped abruptly and l bumped into him.We were on a terrace,that was completely open.People just jumped right off,and others transformed and used their powers to go down.''Why did we walk up instead of going to the gym?---Cuz it's fun!Unless you can't fly,you better hold on to that zipline,''People were zipping through all over the place,to and from the building.''What,too chicken,or can you not fly?---Both,to be honest---Sigh~''He suddenly grabbed my shoulder,and uttered something under his breath.Before l could react,l was thrown into chaos as l felt my body twist and warp.l couldn't see anything around me,it was all too twisted.My sick feeling l had in my stomach cleared when all the images reverted to normal,and we were in front of the locker room.''Be lucky l didn't get you into a garbage can or something,''Way to get gratitude around here...Once we walked in we changed in our own section,which was pretty small compared to others.''What is PE like here anyways?---Battle and tactics.There's other things too,like normal schools.Although since you're paired up with me,you might get lift in the dust,''Say what?l'm paired with you?How?

''How am l paired up with you?And why would l be left in the dust?''He got up close into my face,''l'm your sunbae,and l'm a 4th year,you're only second year.l expect some things to be hard for you without experience,of course l'm going to drag you through the mud in our training,and l'm going to be nice for a moment.Here's the deal,you are partnered with someone in order to learn co-op battle situations,so you aren't stuck by yourself in a load of trouble.You are partnered with me,which is a bad thing.The older of the two that are paired,who have more experience,will take on a simulation to fit my experience level.Since you're just starting it's going to be hard,understand?Listen to what l say and stay on your feet.C'mon,they're going to be more tougher on Umbra students,so hurry up and change,''l glanced behing me,and his muscles were rippling out to here.Seriously,is this what they're scared of?Whatever.l switched into a polo tee with shorts,and they seemed kevlar-coated plates were sewn inside.ls this decent protection?l walked out with him,and out to the mass field,with all the coaches for each Clan lining up and taking roster.No coach was there with a marble blue marker.''Are we on our own?---We can be,or we can stay with the Dementos' team,''All the other teams went to a large table display,and took out various weapons.From modified guns and swords,to bows,axes,mallets,spears,staves,fans,gloves,knuckles,etc.Joon from out of nowhere whipped out a sythe.''Go get your weapon,hurry up,''

l walked toward the now emptying table,with a lot of weapons still availible.l looked at the guns,and they looked okay,but the staffs and other magick-based weapons were calling to me.l held my hand out,waiting to see if l could get a feeling with any of them,but none of them really interested me.l held a pair of fans,and saw a pack of tarot cards on the table.l could use these.''HURRY UP!UMBRAS CAN USE ALMOST ANY WEAPON!''Not me.l grabbed the cards,the fans,and a sabre.He waited with a scowl,and l ran quickly in order not to get hacked by him.''l'm guessing you wanna piss me off before l teach you anything?---Just get on with it,''He quickly ran through the special abilities each weapon has.Swords have Oversoul skills,which means they can inbue an element of power into them.Fans have Telekinesis,and the Tarot cards have multiple summoning functions.''Now get ready,this is going to be a hard one,''A massive door on the other side of the fields opened up,revealing a wave of creatures ahead.Wait,you didn't even tell me what the bracelets are for!Giant dragon-like monsters erupted forth from the gates,and they looked like they were formed out of a thick gel or slime.Joon charged forth,and l blindly followed him,not knowing the standard basics.Joon sliced the creatures in moment's notice,and l was slicing as much as l could.The coaches were yelling and giving directions,while Joon was trying his best not to lose points.Can't l wipe them out with something else?l didn't feel like using any of my weapons anyways,and Joon was leaving me for dead as it was.Time to break out my powers...if l had any.l felt my energy flooding into my body again.Another Latin chant ran through my mind again,''Aer Et Aqua,Facti Nebula Illis Somnum Brevem!Nebula Hypnotica!''A gust of fog swept through the training field we were on,and felled all of the creatures into a deep sleep.Joon looked back at me with a glare,cold enough to freeze my soul.Time to kill.Lightning it is,''Unus Fulgor Concidens Noctem, in Mea Manu Ens Inimicum Edat! Fulguratio Albicans!''White hot lightning came forth from the fans l held and sweeped across the entire field,dissipating the enemies.''What?You're lucky that l didn't hit you!''He rushed up to me and stopped the simulation.''You seriously think you can cast your power that fast?You could've been killed in mid-chant!''And?

''What?jealous that l overpowered you---What?You think you're actually powerful than l am?''lt's how it looks like already.

''l think you know yourself better than l do,so yea,l do---You're too cocky kid,''And with that he rushed out and restarted the simulatoin again,revealing a giant beast.A humaniod version of that gel thing stood high above us,with a orange orb serving as it's head.That's gotta be the weak point.''Think you can kill it before l do?---Maybe,it's a bet then----Ok,you win,you can ask me whatever you want.l win,well,l'll think about it,''Good enough for me...

''.....Ok,you can ask me anything,''As we walked back to the locker section,l asked him questions about himself.''How old are you?--Eighteen.

''Where are you from?''

''Seoul,obviously.What about you?''

''Countryside.Actually,l live with my friend,since my parents are gone doing who knows what?What about your parents?''

''Alive and in the richest part of the city,where they kinda left me for dead because l grew as a freak somehow.My personality was a bit harsh--l'll say,''

''Where do you live?---ln the dorms,by myself.lt's not that bad.Didn't you say you had an apartment to live in---l never told you that!l was thinking about it,''

''What about your friends?---Don't have very many,besides Alys and Kris---l'll be your friend.That's sad,only having two friends,''

''Anywho,you don't have to follow me anymore today,the next few days are all half days and including next week.After two periods you can leave,''l walked right outside the door to the Common Area,when someone from above splashed water onto my head,soaking me with chilled water.l looked up,and G.O. was above snickering.Once he saw who else got soaked,he immediately ran off to the others.Thunder suprised me again appearing right in front of me,''You okay?Did G.O. pull a prank on you?Wanna come with us for lunch?---Maybe when l'm done being hung dry--Oh,sorry about that.Well,seeya tomorrow,''Before he left,he pecked my cheek and left me speechless.''You okay?You cold?''l looked back and Joon was soaked as well,his tee sticking to his defined body.''I'm fine,you should go and change,l gotta go,''He quickly walked away towards the dorms and l walked towards the office,drying myself as much as possible.l knocked on the principal's door and walked in.''Uh,Mir,did you get wet?---Long story,but yes.You wanted to see me?''He stood up and walked over to me,putting his hands on my shoulders.''You are a rare esper.A Cantus Classification esper with your power hasn't been seen until Evangeline worked for us.Technically,Cantus means anything related to magick,not an ability.We fear you may be a target for others,so l want you to move to the dormitories---Who would want me?''He sighed heavily,''There is a secret organization looking to cause trouble for magicians and others who bear spellcasting powers.The Hoganji Faction has been known to try and capture anyone with strong powers,in order to drain them for their collective power.We want you to be safe,since only a few Cantus magicians have power at such strength and youth.l want you to move in to Umbra dormitories.lt's small,but you will be with Joon,Alys,and Makie.Joon has some room in his dorm,since the girls have already stocked so many things in their living space,it's no use going there.Move in before 8,the monitor will wait for you in case,''l was quickly dismissed,and went back home to gather my things.''Where you going?Are you moving?---l have to stay at the dorms for some reason,but he won't take a no for an answer,''At least Eric made me an early dinner before l went off.