When We Last Left Off...

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                 Mir PoV

     l was suffocated my Alys' hug and tried to get out of it alive while she was saying, "You're alive! l totally thought you were a goner because of that mummy hair thing. Are you cold? You hungry? You haven't eaten anything in a while, do you need to go to the bathroom? Wow there's not a scratch on you, but do you feel different you look different..." Choking....meee~~~ Finally G.O pulled her away for a moment so l could breathe, "Alys he's turning purple again and you're probably squeezing the literal out of him. Let him rest first," Huuuuuuugh~ Whew. All of my friends were sitting around the room while they waited for me to freshen up. lt felt kind of weird for me to stand up and l had Hiro help walk me to the bathroom. My legs were jelly at this point, but l got my balance back when we made it to the bathroom. "How you feeling? Can l still talk to you through my head?" l took a warm shower and cleaned up while talking to him on the other side of the door. As my mind was slowly easing out of its fogginess, l decided to test it, "Aren't you feeling chilly out there? You wanna step in and help me scrub my back?"  Hiro laughed and replied verbally, "l would but Joon would rip me apart. And besides l can just magickally wash it for you," l like the sound of that haha. l just continued to talk telepathically and Hiro was alright with it, "So, a lot just happened and you were really lucky to find out your solutions in only one day. How's the registration going for you?" He thought about it for a moment and replied, "l think l'll be okay. l'm just antsy about some other things. l mean l just found out l'm not an Esper but a Magickian so if you could maybe teach me???"  l mean it's not impossible to teach you about your magick, but l'm just worried it's going to be in some locked prohibited book l memorized. But the again, if he doesn't learn to control himself he's going to whine about it eventually and lose control. l sighed and agreed to help him, "You better be prepared cuz l'm not going to go easy on your training," He agreed and we talked more about the whole sitch with Thunder and him. 

   "You guys are okay now right? l mean you guys literally only knew each other for like three days. So where are you staying?" l asked while drying myself off after my shower. l heard Hiro's body thump against the door and replied, "We're just fine. l'm still staying at his place until l kow where to go for my classes and dorm rooms. So when are you gunna start training me?" He retorted with his own question and l rolled my eyes. l said with some strictness, "You do realize there's no real guidebook for dummies when it comes to magick. l'll have to start off with the basic spells to examine how much power you can control at onc...stop thinking so much! You're distracting my thoughts!" l yanked the door open, and Hiro fell back onto the ground right below my feet. His head was straight in between my legs, and he said, "l think l'd rather not take a second look again. Where's your towel?" l asked him to go get one, and tried to dry my newly grown out hair. The long black hair l had fell all the way down to my chest, and it moved. Underneath the top layer, the hair under it all was wriggling and slowly styling itself into some sort of ponytail. l thought really hard and l made a perfect ponytail in the back of my head. Wait, l should've let it out to dry. Hiro came back and handed me a big towel which l wrapped up my entire body with and walked back to the room.  "...Hiro l'll train you maybe the day after tomorrow or just call me when you're available----What the hell is going on?" When l opened the door to the room, everyone was fighting over something and wrestling for the object. l took a closer look, and it was our last box of cookies we hid from the dorm scouts once every month. Sigh~

     "Guys knock it off! l'll make more!" l reached out with my hands to stop them, but my hair had other ideas. Jet-black streams of damp strawberry smelling hair grabbed everyone and separated all of them from the box of Belgium cookies that were actual cookies, not my sewing equipment. Everyone froze and the room fell eerily quiet. Alys was the first to break the silence, "Did you use my shampoo? Damn, l didn't know how well it worked," The chains of hair were still dripping and wringing out water from my shower, and as l retracted them the whole room smelled like strawberries.  Joon asked, "You never told me that you had such a good head of hair. l'm pretty sure Alys is going to love dressing you up in her clothes---KYAAAA! IT'S SO CUTE! LEMME GET MY STUFF! DON'T MOVE!" And with that she ran off....oh boy.

                        Thunder PoV

     After the whole incident settled down, all of us sat around Joon's room eating snacks Mir prepared. l still needed to ask Mir about the whole incident, l just hope he's up for it. l just took a stab at it and blurted it out,"Mir can you explain what happened during your incident? The board and other Judgment branches have been seeing other problems arise similar to what you had to go through," The whole room pointed daggers at me, but l knew l had to get some sort of helpful information. Mir sat down at the table where l was, and everyone decided to join in on the conversation. He looked troubled, but he spoke anyways, "l don't know for sure, but from what l've memorized, the attackers have a black aura around them every time," Black aura? Can you read energy like that? l continued to press on with the questions, "What do you mean by the auras and memorizing?" He was a little more hesitant but he said, "l'm not an Esper with born powers. l'm actually a witch. A magick user. The resemblance is very close so no one noticed at least. And l remember at a young age l was forced to read books that were classified and drilling into my memory. Right now l have 108,000 magickal volumes. From the book of the dead, to the documents of priests and magickians of the ages," Woah. So you mean magic exists? l didn't believe it for a second, but Hiro had a look on his face that reassured me it was real.

   Makie asked a question, "So what happened to you? Why are you in a science-based city like this?" Everyone's ears perked up for an answer. Mir told it to us straight, "l was on the run. There are magickians of evil factions who want to do harm in this world. Many of them are after the books l hold in my head. l'm sure you couldn't tell but many religions have been created in order to protect the holy magick that was brought to this world. Surely some of you are Roman Catholic or Puritain, Anglican, etc. Ok are you all following me so far? l'm not even supposed to tell you all this," So this is all secret information? Ok then. l tried to understand, "So far, you've been on the run from these magicians who want your knowledge you memorized. You are aligned with a church which is meant to cover up all magic and now someone knows it's you. So what can you do right now to prevent these other incidents from happening?"  All the heads turned back to Mir as he thought. He said after a minute of thought, "You must not reveal the information l said before, but l think l know what's going on. lt's an ancient power of possession. Spirits usually possess the material objects of this world through putting themselves into them. Now, somehow the spirits can remotely control others and suppress their own soul, forcing the person to be trapped without any control of their body," Okay, now that's just downright strange. l had other questions when Mir suddenly lost focus and looked lifeless.... What's going on?  He looked nervously to his left, towards the window mumbling to himself, "Magical color red. Elemental alignment fire. Area of Effect 150 meters. Countdown 20 seconds.....Joon, Makie, get us out of here!" What? What's happening Mir?!?!!?

     Mir was grabbing everyone and commanding us to hold onto either Makie or Joon, "Everyone just hold onto them right now, Joon take them all the way out to the pond park. Makie too. Hurry!" We had no chance to ask when we were whisked away to the Pond Park, conveniently where l saw Hiro for the first time. l looked back at the school once we came out of the teleport, and saw nothing happen.  "What the hell is going on?" Makie asked irritably. Joon responded quickly, "Mir sensed an attack about to be launched. l sensed it too. Someone was about to snipe us in the dorm," How could you guys tell? Are you not an Esper Joon?  Seungho piped up, "Soooo, is there anywhere else safe we can coop until l can get to hear the rest of the conspiracy theory? lt sounded super juicy!" Ugh, we'll have to pick up the interview later. But right now, the rain is spot on and decides to sleet over the already snowing conditions of the city. We decided to go to the nearby temple which was still open with little visitors. There, we wouldn't be too disturbed by passersby and get some shelter over our heads. On the way there, Hiro was shivering a bit wearing a thin jacket. l sighed and said, "Are you serious? Why do you keep making me worry about you so much?"  He smiled mischievously and walked right next to me replying, "Cuz l want you to think about me, is it not working?" Dammit! l felt my ears get a bit red and looked away. He grabbed my hand and held it tightly, whispering into my ear, "Say, you busy next week? Why don't we go somewhere and talk a bit more?" Like on a date? Are you asking me on a date? Wait really?! l was taken aback, "Wait up. We just got out of a little serious moment, and now you wanna talk about dates? Talk about bouncing back...When?" He smiled with the face of a person accepting victory. l mean it's not like l don't want to get free food(unless l'm paying) or l don't have anything do to. "Okay, how about Thursday?---" While the rest of our friends were walking ahead of us, Hiro pulled me around to face him and planted a kiss on my cheek. lt was a gentle kiss, and his cool lips met my very red face. Once he let go l stood still, frozen in place as he walked ahead to catch up. Did he just...KISS AND RUN!? l ran after him and grabbed his hand again without thinking.  "l'll come by afterschool to see you?" He asked as if he was casually playing along. l agreed and he just kept his little smile on his face....