School Resort

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

       Mir PoV

   Thunder and Alys,with Makie and Seungho walked through the doorway.''There you are,we just won the conquest.Plus 300 Favor,not too bad,''What the hell is that?Conquest?Thunder ran straight to my side and looped arms with me,''C'mon,the beach is waiting!--But!''He quickly tried to drag me and haul me out,but my legs grew weak and my back ached again.Joon noticed in an instant,''Thunder did you not get the damage report?Mir's hurt,let him go,''The look on his face was of a murderer.''Okay,sheesh,but meet us down at the beach soon,okay?--l'd rather not go and hear the scathing comments about me,''Ae they really serious about you being an outcast to them?What made you so bad?ln the darkness of the room,my threads of Fate glowed red,signaling something bad.Joon ooked all over my body,and a web of threads created a network around me,with intricate patterns swirling madly with crimson.''Are these the threads you control,and the reason why l'm supposed to protect you?--Yea...wait,why can you see them?''l looked down,and Joon was holding my arm for supporting me.''Let me sort these threads out and--AAAAAUUUUGH!''ln an insant,all the threads pointed out of the door and downward into the ground.''C'mon,it's downstairs,''l was going to run but then Joon picked me up again and put me on his shoulders(wow am l underweight,gotta pack more pounds)like a child.lt felt EXTREMELY weird to have his head in my crotch,is it me or is it a little hot in here?Don't pop one,don't pop one,please,for the sake of anything,just don't!He charged forward,following the giant rope of threads that guided us down to the 13th floor.A person was on the floor and subsequently bleeding profusely.''Put me down,now,''l commanded Joon got let me down,and l checked on the victim.A girl was wearing a swinsuit(l'm guessing heading to the beach),with a wing pendant clutched in her hand and bloodied.The threads surrounded her in a pattern that said a soul was here,and l checked,but the body was empty as a bloodbag.Her pendant,held her soul.Thunder rushed up with a Judgement band on his arm,''Mir!What happened?--She's been killed,''lt's barely the start of the year,but l wasn't expecting this kind of drama!

   Joon approached me holding the pendant with a cloth,''l remember her,she's Suiko,she was in my previous English class.The pendant signifies Windia,the Clan of skies.l remember her power was something along the lines of twisters,but she wasn't that powerful with them.Who would want her power?--A warlock,''l said with finality as l looked at the wound site:the heart.A thin stab wound was found right on top of the heart,''How would you know?There isn't any warlock on campus that we know of,''Thunder looked perplexed,and Makie rushed up from the other side of the hall to check out the scene.Others were clustering around us to get a better look.''Thunder,a warlock is known for stealing powers in order to keep up his or her immortality.Nost of them carry a technique that allows them to steal a skill or use artifacts.This particular person is pretty skilled,as he took a stab to the heart,the power resonates the most in tht region,so she was relinquished in moments.Then,in order to trick me....''Everyone hung with baited breath over us to hear the explanation.Thunder snapped his fingers at me,''Then what?Tell us--This warlock trapped her soul in this pendant,to keep her from reincarnating to The All,''The girls gasped and whispered in hushed tones,while the guys looked eerily spooked.The only person l know is Joon that is a half-warlock,but then again,who else do l know?Makie stepped in,''Mir,how do you know Suiko's soul is trapped in here?''Everyone around us started to nod and question how l knew for sure.l stood up slowly from the stinging pain in my vertebrae,and responded slowly,''Because,it is my power to sense souls,and l cannot be wrong,that Suiko's soul is trapped in here,but this pendant isn't the only thing harming her.lt's silver.Souls are bound by certain objects,and silver is the universal metal that contains and destroys souls.She's rotting away as we speak.Move aside!l have to get to Evangeline!,''l dispersed the crowd,and held onto Joon's arm,and he warped us directly to her,still frozen at the rooftop level.''How long does she stay like this?''Joon tentatively poked at Evangeline,at which she growled,''Right now.l command thee to be purged from Banishment,''l let her go,and swung the pendant in her face,''Use your magick,''The little girl looked furious,''What the hell for?--To get the soul out of here,it's being decayed,''She turned around and flung her hair to the wind,''l'm not so nice as to help you,than to just let you do it yourself,l have no knowledge of extracting souls,''She walked away with not even a chance to explain anything.Joon put his hand on my shoulder,''Can't w just break it?--Breaking the pendant will break her,the pendant is now a physical form of her soul.l'll have to do it,''Why is it always me to fix tings?

   ''Makie and Thunder found their way back up to the rooftop and found me at the large patio area.The horde of onlookers came behind them as well.Other were instantly attracted to the event about to happen.Many people were there crying over Suiko.She must've been popular or something.Okay,no time to lose.l dragged Joon to the center of the entire patio deck,which was conveniently a fully drawn magick circle for practice.''Joon,for this to work,you're going to have to give me CPR once l'm done--What?!--Someone get me cranberry juice,jimsonweed,oleander,and bloodroot now!''Almost a quarter of the group ran to the little kitchen area that was nearby and found 3 of the four things neccesary.Chachamaru tapped my shoulder out of nowhere,and held a dark copper root,''Bloodroot,as Master wanted you to have,''Heh,so you will help me.l ground them into a powder using a mortar and pestle Eva also provided me with,and mixed the cranberry juice into a potion bottle l always kept handy.l stood up and looked at Joon,''Close your eyes,''He did so without a word,and others started to whisper around us.l raised up on my tippy toes and kissed both of his closed eyes gently.''You can open them,don't argue,ask later.l just let you have the ability to see souls,what you need to do,is bring me back to life once you see me tell you,okay?--Why do you need CPR?--Because l have to die in order to return the evil from the soul!Get ready!''l tapped the pendant,and it floated up above us silently,glowing a dark purple haze.l downed the potion and instantly fell to the ground,feeling Joon catch me in the last moment.l closed my eyes,and felt my essence part from my body.l have to admit,it hurt.As l was pulled out into the astral plane,l floated over my own deceased form.ln Astral mode,l could see Suiko's blue hair and head quite easily,but the rest of her body form was being into the pendant and getting ripped up harshly.''Joon,can you hear me?''He could see me clearly and nodded.The black essence of the warlock was keeping her from getting out,and it hovered all around her.l started the chant quickly,as all l could see were her ghostly pale shoulders slurped away into the necklace.''Ashes to Ashes,Spirit to Spirit.Take his Soul,Banish this Evil.Ashes to Ashes,Spirit to...''

l constantly chanted,louder and even faster,until l could hear the shouting of the warlock that trapped her.The purple flame released it's hold over the pendant,and was snuffed out.Now to take Suiko out.Ekat ym lous,Ekat a demrahc eno,Edart meht won,''Her bodily spirit was rocketed out of the silver pendant,leaving her nothing but her chest up visible in a bodily form.The rest was a haze of smoky ectoplasm.''Thank you...Destroy that bastard for me,l didn't even see him coming...''And with that last wish,she was taken up to the Higher Realm by a wave of white orbs.''Joon!Now!''He instinctly stared to blow air into my body,and my ties to the living were restrung.l let my body slither back into the form it was in,and soon enough,the dizzying hangover of binding spirits was over with.Although the excess CPR was enough...

My body was re-adjusting itself,so l couldn't open my eys and tell him l was alive.He waited for a breath,and l let out a gasping cough to signal my return.l hadn't realized that my head was lying in his lap,''You need to wash your mouth out more often,that irony smell is killing me,''He laughed and gingerly prompted me up.The pendant fell to the ground,shattering into little bits of white glass.l realized l had done the job,but they didn't see the action.l turned around and faced the crowd behind us,''She made it in time.l got her out and she was able to ascend to the afterlife--Why didn't you get her to talk to us?Yea we wanted to say something at least!--You could've gotten her to tell us something before you shooed her off!''This,was not the reaction l was hoping for.''Her soul was nearly destroyed.lf she made an appearance in her ghost form,it would've killed her.All she was was a half head away from not existing,so if you even so much as complain about why you couldnt ask her something...sniff* then you can go be a dead spirit and ask her herself!l-l--l-....*sob*Wahaaahaaaaa!~''My body broke under the pressure and collapsed to my knees,crying furiously and howling out in pain.The others were shocked as much as l wasn't.l've always felt this pain,wherever l went,l knew,something was going to die.l cried loud and harshly,making incoherent noises and screeching my pain.Her silvery-blue thread was cut sharp from my ever-growing/shrinking web,but it hurt the most right then and there.''How dare you blame me for saving your friend!YOU ALL ARE SO SELFISH!SHE NEARLY DIDN'T EXIST!AND YOU EXPECT ME TO MAKE SUCH A MIRACLE TO SEE HER ONCE MORE?!SHAME ON YOU ALL!You wouldn't have a dead friend's body to bury if l hadn't saved her.You all do not understand,the PAIN l have to deal with.Every soul,every spirit,every living being,l can feel in my veins.EVERYDAY!l feel the grief of an animal dying,the elderly passing,and l know l cannot show them on earth,or it would make me an outlaw of the world.l know all of you can't except it,but the only true way of ever seeing her again,is by apprehending the person that did this,''No one said a word or moved.Maybe l took it too far,but l felt the empathy,the fear,pain,and anguish that Suiko had felt right before her death,that collected in my mind.My eyes were dry,but they cried ghostly tears of collected pain.

  Makie and the other Judgement students here brought Suiko's bloodied body to where we stood,and laid her down on a bed of roses and lilies in front of me.l stood up,still sniveling like a child,and Joon rested his hand on my shoulder.l could feel everyone's feelings changed about me,becoming hateful,disgusted,but l couldn't break The All's only laws.Once the candles were lit around her,l walked up and kneeled down,giving her the kiss of guidance on her forehead.''Joon,take me home--We can't leave--We will,leave.l'm Janus,l can go where anyone has never dreamed of.Let's go,''As Joon held me and carried me to the exit platform,hateful eyes watched me with murderous intentions.Kill me if you want,but you in return will be killed.When l reached the edge of the resort,the panel stopped working correctly as the time lock was on.l left my training gear for Joon in the room,but l figured l would get them after the grief moved away from me.l whipped out my Janus card,and chanted the activation key once more,''God of Portals and Transitions!Your time for change has come once more!Heed my call,and change course of time in it's wake.l Call,Janus!''A blue portal rose from the sealed circle,and on the other side,l could see our dorm room.Without hesitating l dragged in Joon with me back to the safety of our quiet room....

     Joon PoV

 Mir instantly took off his anger and pain out on the bed,just bashing the pillow onto the mattress and smothering himself with it.l dove in and grabbed his hand,making him release the pillow onto the beaten up bed.''Snap out of it!Don't listen to them!Get your rest,you'll hurt your back again if you don't--Stop babying me!l'm ing almost sixteen!All these upperclassmen are just judging me about what the hell l did to their friend,well it!l saved her ,and they can't be happy enough to let her go without strings attached?!l'M THE ONE WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THE ING STRINGS!Where the hell are the needles that will fix the web,where's the new colored thread that will fix the holes of life?Nowhere,and they expect just because l can sense and govern the souls that l have to show them?!''He ripped himself out of my grasp,but l grabbed his waist and pulled him back towards me.''Listen!Don't pay any attention to them,they're just jealous that you got to see her in her last waking moments before they could apologize or do anything.You have to carry out her last wish,and you know that you can't allow any spirits to become earthbound,l've had run-ins with many a spirit and demons in my time...''Mir stopped squirming and stayed calm.''You don't know just how traumatized l am,from countless thousands slaughtered by my own hands,millions of souls that were reaped for torture,so much blood l had to consume.They no nothing about us,so they fear,they taunt,they rumor,in order to keep themselves calm.Go to sleep,l'll stay with you,remember,you're not alone when it comes to burdens,''Threads all around the web surrounded us,creating a warm cocoon lit with bubblegum pink flashes.l looked down at my chest,feeling a warmth spread out from that point.

''Mir,do you feel that?''l saw his head look down.

''Yes,''

''What is it?''

''...My connection,no,our connection,to each other,''

''ls this what it really is?''The cocoon phased away,leaving the warm feeling between us.He turned around slowly,and looked at me.The feeling of warmth grew even stronger,and a thin red thread connected both of our chests.''ls this,the Red String of Fate?--Yes,this is what proved our need to be with one another,to protect me,and you from the upcoming cataclysm,''Okay,good.l thought it would've meant...nevermind.

   l ushered Mir back into bed,telling him l would get our things back from the training hall in the morning,but Mir didn't want me to go,''Joon,don't ever leave me.l'm afraid that the other students will pounce on me if you're not there,''He held onto my arm,and l hushed him to sleep,''Don't worry,l won't let them touch you,''That,was a promise.l didn't sleep,since Mir never taught me to get rid of the succubus powers,so l quietly praticed getting used to the cold white fire long into the night...

That morning,at the crack of dawn,l took my blood and walked back to the resort cottage,where no one was there.Evangeline must've been hunting.The green-haired android opened the door and let me in,''lt is unatural of Master to go out this early on a hunt.You may go to the resort.What brings you here?--Nothing,l just forgot something inside,''She let me go to the circle,and l warped away.The tall resort was eerily quiet,and l saw no one in sight but usually it's still packed.A blue haze wafted from the resort in a thin column flying out.l hastily made my way over,and saw the hazy form of Suiko,floating over her now sealed body.Her deceased form was encased in a coffin of ice to keep her intact.''You can still see me,huh?''Her benevolent smile shone in a gray hue.She fully rematerialized her spirit body,l can't believe she's recovered so fast.l sat down on the coffin,obviously asking her for permission first,''l'm dead,whatsittoya?l just don't know why l had to die,''Her ghostly form also sat next to me.A strong smell of strawberries filled my nostrils a she did so.

''l wonder what l did wrong?--Nothing,someone just wanted your power,and it was a gruesome way to go,''She scoffed.

''That's why Mir saved me,isn't it?l knew that he was important,''

''You're in Judgement,you know everything--Not about you,''

''Joon,l've been your classmate,and loving friend,even though you were a little cold to me,l prevented a lot of rumors fom spreading about you,''

''l need to ask you something Suiko,what are you going to do?What was your last wish?l want to fulfill it for you--Someone should take over my spot in Judgement ranks.l was in a trio team with Makie and Thunder.l want you to join the ranks,''Are you serious Suiko?!l'd never be Judgement!

''You know l'm not good with handling moments and situations--Then have Mir go.l want someone to take my place,but with me still stuck on earth like this,l have no way to get up there,''

''l'll ask him about it,but l'm still worried about you--lf you're worried about me,then absorb my soul,''Back up,no way.l was shocked to her Suiko say something like that.

l responded with worry in my voice,''l don't think that's a good idea--l know you still have a succubus inside you,and succubus' absorb souls.l don't know what will happen,but l can't move on,''The thing is,l have no idea how to do it.''l...l have no clue how to absorb--Just put your hand into me and do something,l don't know,''l did what l was told,and stuck my hand into her smoky figure.''Begin Collection...Suiko,l promise to get Mir into Judgement--Good,thanks.l hope you..me--int..ood use--''ln one second,she was scrunched up and concentrated into a burning blue-white fireball.Her soul dripped into my arm and surrounded my body,being absorbed through my skin.lt felt like l had just woken up from my sleep,refreshed.l promise,Suiko l'll help you find your murderer and get Mir to enlist...Thanks for...everything.