And then there was ONE...

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

              Joon PoV

        l watched with tired eyes, as Mir was getting something ready by the cauldron. l started to wander and notice the little things about him. The way he stood putting weight on one leg, just slightly leaning made a suggestion of something. His thin frame, yet ample hips made him look so feminine. His perfectly shaped arms stirred the spoon in the large bubbling cauldron. He added a bloodpack to the concoction, and then took the spoon to his lips for a tad tasting. The way he wrinkled his nose and pursed his lips just struck something in me that made my heart beat loudly in my chest. He turned around after scooping a large portion of the medicine into a jar. Walking over, he sprinkled a little bit of powder making the mixture glow just a tad bit. ''Ready? turn around...Well then, look's like one bone didn't break after all,'' What are you talking about...! My popped up and was bursting at the seams.l slid my handd down and to my stomach, trying to crush it and get it to go away. ''l....uhm,'' He slathered something onto my back that was chillingly cold, and also put it on my arms and legs. lt was super minty and smelled like cinnamon.After being told to stay like this for maybe just a minute or two, the salve was into my body through my skin, leaving wierd feeling on my skin. My was conveniently going down, but the feeling of Mir's hands re-applying the salve brought it right to attention. His soft, supple hands rubbed the salve all around my back, massaging some certain places that made me moan for some reason. ''Woah there grandpa, having fun?-S-Shut up and finish!- l was already finished the first time, this is a booster salve. You aren't even lying against your pillow. One of your bones are keeping you up,'' What the hell?My was higher than my body, which made me realize my bone was propping me up by at least a good two inches. Holy ...kill me now. Mir rolled in the wheeled chair up to my face, hair falling to the side,'' Something wrong?- N...nothing!'' He left and l heard footsteps to the kitchen. Only then did my bone break and go away. Whew~l put on another shirt and pulled my pants back up, feeling they were somewhat tighter around the front. He was walking back when he stumbled and fell. My body reacted again and launched out my arm, snatching him inches off the ground by his waist. He looked weak and was gasping for air, well huffing lots of it. ''You look even worse than l do. Didn't you say something about healing and the stress you take if you do that? Get over here,'' With the one arm l caught him with, l flung him to his side of the bed, landing a bit roughly. ''Oww. l'm...ngh...gasp~* fine- You sound terrible Wheezy. Stay here and l'll help you,''

     l got up and decided to do a check on him. Now it's my turn to exact revenge for that bone. l lifted his shirt off and pressed his arms and neck gently, testing any injuries. At the base of his neck, his muscles were contracted tightly, which meant something was not too good. Sweat met my fingers when l pulled away. He was heating up badly from the exertion of magick.l was getting a bag of ice for him when he suddenly turned cold. Something's not right. His eyes were shut, but when they opened, they were glassy, like when the spirit protector inside him was activated. Words were flying out of his mouth after the spirit kicked in, ''Magickal energy dropping...Barrier is weakened and reduced by 15%. Require physical boost and magick resonance,'' What am l supposed to do? l didn;t notice at first, but a thin pink gossamer thread link my heart to his. l tugged at it, and he moaned slightly in hurt. Maybe l shouldn't pick at that. ''Guardian, what am l supposed to do?- Place right hand over his heart, and raise your left hand to the sky,'' l put my hand on his chest reluctantly, but l was suprised at how soft his chest was. Note how l refrain from saying s because even if they are soft they're not for me. Somewhat unfortunately his was in between two of my fingers when l squeezed a little. His back arched a few inches up and settled back down again. ''Call on the goddess Aphrodite, she's the only one availible now- Why the Goddess of Love? ls there no one else?- Gods need breaks too, mind you. Athena was in a spa and she's still exfoliating. Hera on the other hand is busy making dinner. Now, raise your other hand to the sky and think of...love. Channeling the one emotion a god rules over is the fastest way of recharging,'' l have to think about..love? You've got to be ting me. But after seeing how Mir became Minerva, l have no doubts.

   Holding my hand up to the sky, l thought about just romantic things. Flowers, chocolate, snuggling, whatever. Mir kept popping up in every scenario l thought of. A lightness gathered in my hand and flowed down across my chest, tickling it and flowing into Mir's. Thing's started taking a turn for the worst when naughty thoughts came into my head. The power was flowing even faster. y gods, no wonder l had to slay a few. Pan was ridiculous. Then, just like a switch shut off, the connection snapped and my hand was pushed back. ''He's doing fine now. l'll leave you two alone then,'' The glassy eyes faded away, and bright brown eyes were sleepily opening...

     Mir PoV

 ''YOU ING ERT! I'LL KILL YOU!'' l saw how Joon's hand was shaped and conveniently over my chest when l came to. l grabbed my chest in shivering fear of what he did to me. ''Relax, l did nothing to you. You aren't sore, but your neck muscles are a bit contracted. l'll get some hot water bottles for that,'' He lifted my neck very cautiously like he could've broken it(which l thought too), and placed the warm water cushion under my neck, relaxing the muscles a bit. The rest of my body was getting cooler and colder. l couldn't handle it and was clutching to Joon for dear life. Damn healing withdrawl. ''You're ice cold...Here let me help,'' He tried to put a few blankets over me but l just got even colder. My body was giving out in cold sweat. l grasped and squeezed Joon's hand, finally feeling a deep warmth while holding him. ls he really the sol-olution ttttt-to this? l didn't hesitate for two seconds and pulled him on top of me, not caring the slightest bit about any consequences. l borrowed myself deep into Joon's chest and body, feeling the warmth pooling back into my body. You sick gods and goddesses... But he's so warm...

    His strong, muscular chest felt so nice, and his arms embracing me was like a sleeping bag of fuzzy feelings. The fact that he was wearing a teal tank top was not helping my emotions at all. l felt something brush my leg, and it felt stiff and hard...ew. ''That's a flashlight right? l'm sure of it,'' l could imagine his stupid smirk and he pushed his hips forward into me, letting me feel all the heat he was packing. l could've made a comeback and kept trading blows but he was like, spearing into my tummy. l felt flushed and squirmed under the weirdness. ''Stop squirming, it feels weird when you do that,'' Okay that's enough info for me. Eventually it calmed down and l was getting sleepy. l hugged Joon's waist without thinking(ah screw thinking, hormones are the new fashion now) and snuggled into the crook of his neck. Just before l fell fast asleep l had a sudden urge to kiss him, which l MIGHT have also...confessed something but that's not important. lt was a gentle kiss to the lips, and it lasted until my head fell back into the pillow, replaying that everlasting moment back in my head and causing my bone to stick out(l'm just guessing it probably did without me knowing while l was asleep. l'm still going through puberty don't judge me). Hours must've passed since this afternoon, when l woke up the sky was already darkened. Something heavy was crushing my chest. Oh right, the vamp. l looked up from my smothering gaze at his chest, to see his eyes peacefully closed. His chest rose and fell with the lull of a heartbeat drumming in my ear. l craned my neck to put my ear against his warm muscled chest. The musk of his scent filled my nostrils.A slight movement from his arm froze up up. what if....it stopped. But l breathed a sigh of relief too soon. His arm hugged around my torso, and the other my hair. Oh he was awake!

    ''Did you sleep well? Feeling better?- l uhm, l wasn't doing anything!'' l felt blush creeping up my body and to my face. ''Uh, did you remember what l did just before falling asleep?- Besides pulling me into bed with you and getting a quick peck on these lips? Nope, nothing else....Well, there was a declaration of love somewhere in between breaths. You never heard me reply,'' l think....yea, you just broke me right there. He slid down me, letting me feel those chocolate abs worth 700 years of muscle, and got right into my face. His deep chocolately brown eyes looked into my own spooked eyes. Our noses rubbed against one another, and out breaths mingled, only a centimeters apart. ''l said...in your dreams kiddo. l don't date children,'' l blinked. What a ! l was going to push him off when his entire body stiffened. His eyes were darting all over the place. ''What's -oof, what's wrong Joon?- Something dark is lurking nearby. Stay still, my power can cover yours,'' l balled up and let Joon be the blanket that covered me. He must've felt a really strong presence, his body was starting to break out in sweat and it was getting on me.

    lt took a moment, but l felt a dark energy beyond those slide doors across the room. lt stayed where it was for,maybe ten minutes, letting Joon's sweat fully bathe me( at least it wasn't hot sweat). The ominous power left like a leaf in the wind, just swept away. The both of us breathed a heavy sigh, and Joon decided to finally let go of me. Why can't we have more normal problems like Chem homework or something? ''What the hell?-What l wanna know more, is why you wouldn't date me?'' Joon turned around and gave me the wtf look. ''You can't look forward if all you can think of is the past. l know it's a ty saying but it's right. l can deal with that energy easily, just...do ONE date with me,'' He walked up really close to me and asked a question which l pushed him away, ''Are you that desperate for some of this big D?'' You wish...well, it's crossed my mind once. ''Fine, l'll do one date, after we settle this whole Sigmurgh thing- lt's Simorgh. And l already know who is going to attacked,'' Joon zeroed in, listening attentively. ''Did you see the thread?- l know for one thing there's more people than just me that share my threads. l work like a network with others to keep track of the souls. While l was sleeping l saw...Sehun,'' The thing l saw was Sehun stripped of his powers, and it's not a pretty sight to see one get ruined like that....

     Joon PoV

 Mir his hair back and looked through his footlocker for a crystal. Actually he took a whole different box out and inside were tons of crystals. ''Witches used crystals for scrying and healing, charms, and protection. lf there's enough crystals it can create a trap and shield things from getting out of hand,'' Huh, we better not let anyone tamper with them. ''These are pyrite crystals, mainly used for charging protection spells. lf you set 4-5 crystals in a tetragram or pentagram, the shield will activate. The only problem is that it's limited to the space and that you can't really move them around. The more crystals we place the more power is needed to keep it up, so it gets weaker if not used properly. Here's my plan: we set up four crystals around every building in the school, and hide them well so no one can find them. We'll place connector crystals so we can create a network of shields. lf it works, the crystals will work more efficiently, and when the crystals run out, they actually draw power from all availible electrical sources. A blackout shouldn't happen, but the lights may flicker,'' Okay then...sounds dangerous....l'm in. And l know just the right people to help us. l grabbed a bag of crystals and more, walking out and heading to Narukami clan dorms. G.O. should be healed enough to help us. Seohyun's got magick fingers, no pun intended(or is it?). l walked right into G.O.'s room, to find him standing half-, with Seungho's head just perfectly covering a certain area l did not need to know about. ''OKAY break it up! l got a job for you two- Can't you knock? l was just helping him to test his wounds,'' Fine then.

     Seungho got up and G.O. put his shirt on. ''So what's this about a job?- lt'll be quick, maybe at most 3 hours,'' l handed them both a large duffel bag of crystals. ''What do you want to do with these?'' Seungho poked around at the pyrite, holding the clear minerals up to the shoddy light, ''We can create a shield around the school to alert us where things might get out of hand, like with lrene.  Someone's after students with wind-based abilities, and there's alot of us frankly. ln every perimeter of a building, set four crystals hidden somewhere nearby. G.O. keep the cameras from seeing us. Seungho take the dorms first with G.O. Make sure they can't be seen. Mir and l will go to the gym and study hall first. Meet back at the ampitheatre after we're done to keep setting more,'' They gave each other confused looks, but went with the plan. Before we left, G.O. handed us two guns. They looked like a cylinder with a handle attached, ''EMP bursters. Disrupts the cameras for a whole hour. lt'll notify you when the countdown is over,'' We nodded our gratitude and ran out into the dark cool night, firing at all the cameras we passed. Cloud cover was thick enough to silhouette ourselves. The gym was our first priority.

    ''Get the bag open and hurry,'' The pyrite crystals glowed with the sliver of moonlight peeking through the clouds.We set the crystals right under the bushes around the building and around all of the buildings we could get to in an hour. Every crystal we set glowed white and resonated with the others, dotting the whole school with a dull white ambiance. We met back with the other two and tried to think of a way to connect the crystals together. ''There's air filters everywhere that lead underground. We can put a crystal into the domes of each totem, ''Nice thinking. With a little more planning, we set out, and put a crystal under the domes, letting them resonate slowly like a conjoined heartbeat was flowing through the school. We gathered back at the ampitheatre after setting crystals there as well, and Mir held out a yellow crystal, and tapped it, sending lightning bolts shooting through every other pyrite crystal like connect-the-dots. A wall of transleucent white light surrounded the entire campus and made a dome of dull lightning, fading out once it was complete. ''All done, thanks guys- You owe us if this works,'' They waved off goodbye and left back for their...business. We didn't even get far when an electric shock sparked through the dome. ls our killer really that fast? ''Where's Sehun?- Angel Feather dorms. East corridor, it's going to take forever to make it there...wait,'' Mir hesitated.  watched the patterns and direction of the lightning. lt was way off east. ''Mir, how accurate are you're visions? l'm not talking about if they are accurate, but are they the aftermath of a situation?- ....Sixty/forty tops,'' That means there's a 10% margin Sehun is the aftermath. ''Sehun's not the target. He's collateral if we step in. l'm thinking there's another person involved. Check your loom or whatever all of your threads are tied to,'' He actually looked to his chest and plucked at something invisible, which meant the threads were connected to him. ''.....Well?- Uhm, there is someone else intertwined with Sehun....Gift,Power,Mind.....'' And there's someone intertwined with him. l know Luhan has a little something with the rainbow-haired boy. And Luhan has the power of...telepathy. Oh no. Luhan's with the OTTs dorm. Which is where the....that's not it either. The shocks came from Murakumo dorm, aka the shapeshifters. Not good.

   ''Mir our killer's stocking up on powers!- Shapeshifting. Holy this is going to be terrible. Who's the strongest one there?- Kris and Himchan. l've seen them work together, it's impossible to fight them together.- Go now!'' He held onto me tightly, probably wanting me to teleport using the shadow skill. l whisked ourselves away to the edge of the dorm, where hissing and screeching could be heard from the few stories above. Lightning bolts were streaking silently into some black haze above us. ''Blast it! l'll go find them!'' Mir ran off into the building while l held the thing's attention by blasting it with bolt on bolt of fire. lt looked unharmed but backed away from the building a little farther. What the hell is this thing? Kris' wolf form leapt out of the 3rd story floor and right next to me without a single sound. ''You're up late- l'm in Judgement, . lt's my new burden for your goddamn safety, whatever that means. Anywho, that thing takes souls and powers. Where's Himchan?'' Kris reformed himself into a sphinx, lean and strong. ''How's a sphinx going to make any difference?- Sphinxes have the ability to draw power from a target,'' l wouldn't suggest that, the power just feels so bad. l tried to keep it away from Kris, but the black cloud disintegrated, revealing a strange sight.

    A female faerie(like 6 foot maybe) was in full silver-clad armor. Red and black accents were the colors of the body suit under the armor. lt looked somewhat cybernetic, like out of a science-fiction film or game. her butterfly wings had a large wingspan, possibly over 5 feet wide on each wing. Black and red rings overlapped one another in an intricate pattern. She wore a black visor, with long flowing white-to-red hair. ln her hand, was a silver staff, and on the tip, was a crescent shaped arch like a horseshoe. On top of the horseshoe design, was a thick black ring with red trim, just like the one when school started only two weeks or so ago....