Qualifiers.

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                   Mir Pov

        As Joon pointed out the equipment to me, l got cold looks from others. The seething glare of judgement didn't make muh impact, it was how many there were. The gym looked puny but on the inside it could very well hold at least 500+ students. l sensed something was amiss and one of my fate threads were vibrating to my left. l glanced to my thread's direction, and a massive weight of at least 65 lbs was flying towards me. Joon noticed it, and tried to move me, but l was in action already. l moved towards it, running head-on. Others watched with widened shocked eyes. l've only tried this with Master once, but it better work now. At the very last few yards before contact l stopped and pointed out my finger at the weight. ln my head, words of power flew into my mind, and l spoke only one word, ''Equalitoniem,'' The weight just impacted itself into the ground, skidding to a halt right at my feet.l didn't even blink, all emotion was washed from my face, and the resting face l had was up. Master taught me alchemy so long ago, and l can remember every reagent l picked. Changing this metal was a cinch. No one else moved in that gym, and not a sound was echoed off the walls; it was all on me. Lowering my hand onto the weight, l forced the weight's structure to warp and twist, until it was nothing but a metallic puddle on the floor where a small crater was left. ''Soulcharge! Suiko!'' l could feel the tension in the air once l said her name. The swirling blue orb of wind dropped right into the puddle, making the entire thing a gel-blue pool. '' Valkyrie of life! Give this soul a chance to claim it's right in the Summer Lands! Earthbound Redemption!'' The mass of blue gel swept itself up into a column and spread itself out into a gel-humanoid. Bit by bit, Suiko's featured returned, and her body color was flooding back, making herself a school outfit and looking more flesh-like than ever. ''Welcome back- Oh Mir! What did you do? l look different,'' Most of the students were in total shock, a few cried, and the rest just ran up to her and started poking. ''l gave you a body to inhabit so you won't have to stay with Joon all the time. Anywho, you catch up with your little friends, l'm sure they'll like you,'' l walked away quickly with Joon, and he immediately pulled me aside and into a private training quarters that a lot of students use.

''What the hell were you thinking? You could've gotten your face smashed in if you didn't do that! Can you not be so ballsy once in a while?- lf l didn't have any l wouldn't be considered a right next to one,'' He just glared harshly against my feeble attempt to stand up to him. ''Can we practice now? l just looked up the system updates, and it's pretty interesting. Take the deck,'' l handed him a deck of the same cards from yesterday. ''There's a tournament in order to check out how the new fighting system works. Take the gloves,'' l handed him a pair of white fingerless gloves, where colored lins ran from each finger to the center of the back of the hand. A blue little diamond jewel stuck out, while l had a pink orb on mine. ''What are we supposed to do now?- You might think it's silly, but the system involves the cards we use in a certain game that's been recently taking storm,'' A platform levitated up in front of us while we were across the room from one another. Six circles with intricate circuit designs, and a place to put our decks on the side. l don't want to explain so much of the rules, so l'll get on with it.

 ''lmagine Set!- Calibration field set.'' A bright flash, and a new scene was all around us with the help of the special panels in the room. ''Stand up my Vanguard!'' l flipped over the card in the middle of my playing field, and a wind rushed around me, filling with a blue light as well. ln my wake, l was transformed into a dog-like creature. Across form me, Joon was a mini-dracokid. ''l ride Lake Maiden, Lien!'' Another flash of blue, and l became a mermaid with all blue-scale attire, wielding a holy sword. The starting Vanguard, Wingal stood behind me in my column. This format of combat was the very basic turn-based version, but who has time to wait on their opponent's attacks? l hope Joon isn't good in card games... My avatar lunged forwards, gaining a boosting blue aura from my support and sliced at Joon's Vanguard. ''Can't we use the battle version? lt's so boring taking turns- l don't know how to use it, you take charge,'' Just what l wanted to hear. ''Terminal Combat Set!- Phantom Mode Online,  Nothing much changed, but our avatars. The avatars reshaped into armor pieces that had certain qualities of that character, like Oversoul armor. l still had a scale-looking bottom, and a very open top. Nothing covered me from my neck to waist but a scarf-like sash wrapped all around me. My hair was still long and blue, and the sword was gleaming with a gold sheen. Joon practically was in iron-clad red armor which appeared dragon-y. The sharp curves to the end of the metal pieces were a dead giveaway, and the little sword in his hand made him look absolutely comical. l let him ride first( meaning upgrading his avatar) into the Embodiment of Armor, Bahr. One note, Bahr's face looks a little like Ryuk from Death Note, actually it's uncanny. The chest section of armor had teethlike designs over it like a clenched jaw. The rest was black and red, with the glowing yellow blade in his hand. The comical thing is th' crotchplate. There was a freakin horn jutting out of the front of the plate, and l snickered a little. ''Feeling a bit there Joon?- Shut up! l'll show you what l'll drill you with!'' That's...not the, appropriate response...bwaahaha! OH CRAP HE'S ATTACKING.

   Joon dashed forward and struck a blow to my own sword, trading hacks and slashes until he caught me off guard. With one bound he got up and personal in my face, getting to close for me to take a swing. Time felt like it froze in it's tracks, as Joon just stayed where he was, gazing into my soul and the threads that were tied to it with those deep hazel laser vision. An instant later time kicked back up again, and Joon sprang up, kicking me back into my supporting unit. ''Wingal attacks Dracokid!'' My beast had a dagger in it's mouth and tried to slice a chunk out of the little dragon, duking it out near us. ln the end Wingal was missing 1000 power to make that fight even, and dissipated in a blue storm of glitter. ''Hey who said you could get so close to another player?- No one taught me the rules duh,'' What a response. l was missing another 100 power as well, better get riding(and not like that you dirty thieving pirates you!)! l drew another card from the deck, even though l didn't physically touch it at all, and rode to grade 2. ''Rise above all on the field! My avatar, Blaster Blade!'' A flash of wind and light, came out a furturistic version of a knight. Not metal plating and armor, but a body suit and tech armor, like white with the blue circuit lines and stuff. l already had 2 damage from Joon hitting me so hard, l gues l forgot to change all of the settings including damage counters. Originally, you needed to get 6 cards in the damage zone in your opponent's damage to win.

''Nine-thousand power, l can beat that next turn!- Not without this! Counterblast! Destroy Dracokid!'' my two face-up damage cards flipped down, letting me snipe out his rear-guard dracokid. ''Call Marron to rear! Maron boost!'' l jumped right into the battle by using the sage's support aura, giving me 17k power over his measely 8k.

''Guard!- ! Let me get one damage in you!'' His shield power was 18k like a er he was.

''Drive check! Draw trigger!'' During drive checks, you check the top card to see if you gain any extra bonuses. All triggers give +5k PWR and a draw trigger gets me +1 to my hand size(more cards). Too much technical details, but after that, l made a comeback with both of us sitting at 2. lt was his turn, and he looked lke he had a scheme on his face. ''Ride! Dragon Knight, Nehallem! Call Tejas and Bahr! Tejas attacks Marron!'' Tejas' ability let him snipe my supporting units behind me, and l lt it go through, watching the cybernetic dragon fizzle away my support group. Just when Joon was rearing his ugly scaled head, a shouting came from ouside. We both cocked our heads towards the now-returned training room, where a red substance was painted on the window. Blood most likely. We tore off our gear and ran to the exit, where students were crowding the exit outside of our reach.

     Joon PoV

  Without warning, Mir grasped onto my hand and a warm energy was flowing to our conjoined hands. There was a force trying to pull at our hands, like it was pulling itself to us. The blue gel that was Suiko's form showed up in front of us after snaking into a puddle under the feet of the others.''Guys, someone got injured! Another girl is...dead. And there's something flying overhead that took the dead girl's spirit. l tried my best to stop them, and they got caught in a little twister for the moment, hurry and help her Mir!'' Mir urged me on, trying to get me to ram through the barrier of classmates and upperclassmen. We breached out into the front of the gym, where blood was flowing lazily in watered down conditions. l looked above us, and a twister was up in the sky, just like Suiko described. A girl with black hair laid face-down into the concrete. Judging by body position and hits to the back and torso, probably a high-altitude fall. Mir's hand was still in mine, and l squeezed it, getting his attention,''Mir, this girl looks like she fell from space- someone has the ability over pressure...she does. The warlock took her ability over air pressure. The dagger wound to the heart reveals he snuck up by concealing Suiko's powers and jammed it right in. That's how the blood splattered everywhere,'' A massive hole was torn open where the girl's heart was supposed to be. l recognized something that struck a chord with me: the blue ribbon. That blue ribbon was the one lrene always wore...

  ''Joon, l'm going to retrieve the soul, you stay near my body at all times, got it? After Suiko substitutes me in my body, stay with her *kiss*''He quickly placed a kiss on my forehead, and my vision blurred. Too many colors were clashing into my lenses. And in an instant, the colors blended, and l saw the the spirit of lrene being pulled by some black aura. Next to me, Mir was chanting and slowly slumped to the ground where a puddle of Suiko supported him. ''l'll keep his body alive, but l need you to do CPR when he's ready to return,'' What?! A ghostly white blob of smoke billowed out of Mir's mouth and slowly sifted into a familiar boy;he gave me Futuresight spell again. All l could do was watch and help Suiko keep his body alive. The black aura that surrounded the soul of lrene suddenly grew in volume, engulfing the pale green outlines of her soul.Mir didn't even have a chance to blink before the black body evaporated away, with lrene no where to be seen. ''Mir! Where'd it go?!- lt took lrene...'' He floated back into his body, and Suiko's blue gel body flowed out of his mouth and into her bodily form. Yet, something wasn't right. He wasn't breathing. ''ing give mouth to mouth dip! l told you only minutes ago!'' Oh right. l was hesitant, but Suiko was just getting desperate for me to revive him, so l did. Clenching my fists, l dove in for the lips, breathing long puffs of air back into the vessel of life. A few chest pumps and another few breaths. ''Suiko can't you help me fill his lungs?- l have control over twisters, not summer breezes. He's about to come to, his spirit's regaining his glow. One more long breath GO!'' Maybe it was better if we left her in the urn or something. l drew one last breath and plunged it into his lungs, hoping it was enough. People were looking at me like l was a bit hysterical and damaged in the head. Like giving a kiss wasn't good enough for you Mir...whew, there. He lifted his eyelids heavily and looked up at me. He looked tired, ''Next time, brush your teeth twice when we have garlic okay?- What not good enough of a smell for you?'' Mir stretched and slowly stood up. Everyone was around lrene's body, starnig with plain disbelief and shock like they got slapped in the face with a mackerel. ''Suiko who was the one injured?- G.O. There was a sudden pressure wave that crushed lrene and kicked his to the curb. He's over there l think, by the tables. l went over and saw he has a fractured rib and his arm's looking beat,'' Mir gave me a hand and l got up to walk with him for some answers. G.O. was sitting at the open tables his wounds. He looked up and gave a quick glance of nonchalance. ''l should've stayed away huh?- You knew she was trouble. What happened besides the shockwave that spilled blood?'' He sighed heavily, ''l wish l knew. She just froze up while we were walking to the field for our project testing , and then l could hear her bones snap or something, her body got squashed and got thinner and thinner. l was blown at least all the way to this table before l was knocked out cold,'' Wow thet must've been a big blast. ''Something's not right. Suiko, and now lrene? Wait, could it have to do with...?'' G.O. sat stiffer than usual, suddenly sparked with an idea. l noticed him wincing ever so slightly when he did so, so l called up Seohyun from the meds department.

   While she was on her way, we still had questions to kill, ''What if the killer has something to do with air? Suiko has power over cyclones, and lrene had power of air pressure,'' That's true. ''l don't know of any ritual requiring air-based powers, unless it has to do with wind calling or a summoning of an air spi...rit,'' Mir didn't finish the explanation, but stood up and ran back to the dorms. ''Where's he going Joon? And what was he talking about?- Nothing G.O. Seohyun's going to come and fix you up, meanwhile Thunder's on his way. Explain whatever you know to him,'' l patted his shoulder and ran after Mir. Wonder what's running in his mind?