The Witching Hour

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

        Joon PoV

           *knock knock* mmmph?  Who is it? The darkness of my room didn't bother me and l found my way to the door. lt's only been hours since l left the Judgment office, and l feel like its been years. The moment l opened the door light flooded my eyes.  Alys was standing there with a cooler.  l could smell fresh blood, and my stomach growled intensely.  She waved the box in front of my face and l grappled it out of her hand desperately.  l invited her in and she abruptly switched on the lights.  l physically hissed at the change of light, "At least give an old man a warning when you hit the lights.  Thanks for the blood--- You better be. lt took three damn cats and five pigeons to get you enough for a day and a half worth,"  Well damn.  l quickly pulled out a bag of dark-red liquid and drained it as fast as l could. The metallic taste stung my taste buds but l felt much more stronger.  As my eyes adjusted, the room's condition was revealed to me.  A lot of objects were blackened and charred.  Ashes and soot stains were all around the room, on the floor, walls, table, etc.  Did l burn the room?  Luckily the roof did not catch on fire.  l was so worried about Mir l nearly destroyed the room.  Mir.... Alys' low whistle snapped my thinking, and l looked at her with helplessness.  She looked back at me and sighed, then sat down next to me on the bed.

"You've really done it this time.  l'll get to fixing it later, but how ya feeling?"  Honestly? Let me bawl my ing eyes out. l started to remember all of these memories and they were all angry or sad or just downright terrible.  "l feel terrible. l hurt the one person that l barely know, but it feels like it's been forever. He's been there since l started waking up a few days ago, and now this.  Why the hell is life so mean? l don't know what to do or think or feel right now, and it's all my fault," Try saying that while crying and rambling twenty mph. My tears were hot on my cheeks and they just kept coming.  This person...Mir felt so important to me but l haven't the ing slightest idea how.  Alys pulled me into her arms and just let me bawl for a little while.  l heard her quietly whisper, "You big baby.  This is all you needed to feel a bit better huh?'' Minutes later when my crying was over, l felt much better and had some of my thoughts cleared up.  Alys tried to persuade me, "Mir's a good boy, l'm sure he'd never blame you. lnstead he'd raise hell on you and not knowing any of his powers, l think he could literally do that,''  Good thing he hasn't gone a-wall on us. 

    "Thanks Alys. Did you get to see him yet? ls he okay? What did Suiko say---  He's been in veggie mode for only a day he's not going to get better that fast yet. And he's been sent to the hospital,"  What? And l didn't get to do anything about it yet!  l stood up and tried to remember.  Who was that guy in the store? He told me to stay away.....it's gotta be him. l'm sure he has to do something with it. l told Alys my memory, "...l think he has to do something with Mir being the way he is, or maybe we can get some clues," She only nodded and stood up to join me. Let's go find a British ....

         Hiro PoV

   When l got to the hospital room, the girl from Nakji's office was talking with doctors near Mir's bed. Mir was still from what l could tell but covered up with a thin white sheet. l walked right over and cleared my throat to get her attention.  She looked up and told the doctors off for a while, letting the lab coat doctors shuffle out of the room. The only thing between her and me was the dull monotone beep of the heart monitor. Mir was still unconscious and purple for the most part.  l couldn't bear to see him like this. l know, l've only just met the guy but still, it's not good all the same. She introduced herself again and l decided to tell Suiko my...well, Mir's plan. She still seemed skeptical about it after l explained, but it seemed like something was bothering her still. "Alright, l guess you can do whatever you think can help, but the doctors want to start looking into all the details. lf you need time, l'll stall them but once l'm done they're taking him right into intensive for a full look through,"  Thank you so much. She quickly exited the marble colored room and down the hall to the doctors, while closing the door behind her.  Okay.  Heal somebody, no problem.  Let's see what's in the goodie bag. Mir, anytime now for some help would be good.... Yeayea, quit nagging. Ok, put the candles here and there and there......get the bowls and....   lt took a good half hour to set up the magick circle.  Although l was hoping for a really cool circle with lines and stuff, but it was just an invisible circle with four candles at each compass point. l stood at the foot of the bed with a table set out full of little bowls, candles, stones, dried herbs, a wand, and l think a cauldron. Just from the preparation l could feel a different energy humming all around the room. lt felt relaxed and cool. Ok, now for the real deal.l did exactly what Mir told me to do and repeated each verse and spell correctly. The magick around us gathered slowly but you could still feel it for sure. Then again this could take forever....

    Hey Mir, how much time do we need? Can't l use another spell to speed things up?--- Magick takes time stupid, it's not a miracle treatment. Magick cannot be utilized so fast from a beginner like you. And besides, you could suffer some side effects from not knowing what you're doing. What if you call down a deity without knowing it?  Wait.  You can do that?   Sweet!  lf we call on a god or spirit, maybe they can help us.  l mean l know angels and other spirits from video games and thats about it---  THEN DON'T DO IT.  Too late.  And yes l am nervous about this spell, but maybe it'll help him even more.   l closed my eyes and meditated deeply, letting the energy around me fill my body.  l quickly grabbed the wand made of hawthorne and charged all my strength to the tip of the stick.  My eyes blurred and my body felt extremely heavy. Pain was starting to seep into every bone of my being.  l need to do this quickly, or l might just screw myself over too.  l chanted whatever words came to my mouth, and felt my strength drain away into Mir's body.

 "Angels now from the sky, shine your light and heal the deprived. Divine healer of godly light, Suriel restore thy blight! Jovis Cura!"

   All of the pain and weakness left the moment l screamed out from the immense pain shooting through me, and it was all gone.  l was gasping for air and on the ground when Suiko rushed in.  l couldn't hear anything but myself and my deep breathing and heartbeat racing. Suiko braced me up and into a chair where l out for just a moment until my breath was under normal pace again. The pain didn't come back but the heaviness of everything got to me. My arms and legs and head and feet and hands, everything just moved slowly from feeling like a ton of bricks. My eyes wrenched themselves open, to focus on Mir's body. Something was happening, and Suiko was panicking. She decided to call on someone to come and visit asap, "Makie? lt's Suiko. l need you to come quick with Alys and Joon if you find them to the hospital in area fourteen,"  While she was calling, Mir's body looked strange.  Strands of different colored....hair? The hair follicles slithered down Mir, gathering in tight coils of red, white, blonde, and black.  They basically grew out from every pore and bandaged him like some live mummy.  Suiko didn't notice until she turned away from the window and saw it happen.  She stood still in shock and fear until it was fully cloaking the body out of sight.  You.  IDIOT.  The first two things l heard in my head made all of my slowness evaporate like water.  But his voice does kinda hurt when it gets high-pitched.   lt is not!..... anywho.  You called an angel and now this happened! l told you to just keep the wand steady and repeat after me but then you decided to throw in your own power and now l'm going to continuously heal by.....  Sorry Mir but can you shut up for one second you're hurting my brain.  Well l would if l could physically beat you but l can settle for this you...!  Ugh.... As l rested, l could feel a confused energy in the room, and it came from Suiko.  Oops, did l talk out loud?

      "Hiro.  What exactly did you do to Mir? ls he going to be okay?"  She looked worried and seemed to want an explanation in the next ten seconds.

"Okay okay.  l was told by Mir via telepathy that he had a way to heal himself and this was part of it.  His hair is protecting him while his body is rapidly accelerating it's healing capacity by light absorption through the hair and mineral consumption, oh not to mention water absorption which may be a problem unless we could drip water onto him every once in a while---   Suiko dunn like explanation. Keep it simple,"   What is this?  Fine.  "Mir's made himself a cocoon of his own hair, which needed extra help in order to do so.  Right now, Mir's whole body is like a plant, it's going to absorb light, minerals, water and other things like plants to in order to grow his body faster,"  l hope that made sense, and Suiko seemed to be happy with the example.  "Okay. So right now, Mir's like a plant, and how long will he stay like this until he has enough energy and stuff to get him to normal?"  Hmm good question....

       Joon PoV

​  Damn that man!  l searched everywhere l've seen him and he's nowhere in sight.  l was talking with Alys when Makie showed up from the blue and grabbed onto us, "Suiko wants us asap at the hospital,"  Huh?  Wait!  Before l could say anything we were instantly moved to the hospital hallway.  Not many doctors or nurses were around, so l guess just teleporting in here is fine.  Suiko stood outside and saw us approaching.  "Hey before you go in," She seemed to lower her voice to a whisper, "l need to tell you that Mir's starting to heal, but you won't be able to see his body.  Apparently from what Hiro told me, Mir wrapped himself up to protect himself,"  Wrapped?  ln what, toilet paper? Plastic? Foil or.....hair?  l questioned what the hell he was wrapped in as l entered the room, and found himself covered with four colors of hair.  No other patients were in the room, and l saw the boy who saved Mir was resting on the chair.  The boy Hiro awoke from his light nap and looked up at me.  The others went right past me and looked at Mir's new mummy casing.  Makie asked the question on the three of our minds, "What's going on?"  While Alys was admiring how soft and perfect the hair was, the other three of us went and sat with Hiro.  He sighed as if he just finished my whole summer's homework and trust me, that is as close to hell as it gets.  Hiro took a sip of water from a water bottle and started to explain slowly, "Mir's body is not healing properly, and to do so he asked me to help, through telepathy.  His body needed some way of absorbing more materials like light, water, minerals, etc. lf you think of it like Mir's a plant it's much easier to explain...."  After a minute more of explanation l sort of got the grasp of it? So Mir's body covered itself up to get more nutrients through hair.  l waited with baited breath as to see how long it would take him to recover fully.  Hiro seemed to be talking to himself, but probably to Mir's sub-conscious.  "Mir warns us to stay away from the body, as it also absorbs electricity from our bodies to recover Mir's strength.  Anywho, it'll take almost a whole week.  After six days of being hair-ified, it'll loosen itself naturally, until his body is ready to be awake,"  l just know it.  l just know that the red-haired guys is a part of this somehow.  l need to find him.  l was broken away from my thoughts when Makie snapped at Alys to stay away from Mir.  At that moment l stood up.

   "Suiko l need your help. l think l may have a lead on the person responsible.  Meanwhile Makie and Alys can you take Mir back to our dorm?  l don't want him to stay vulnerable here at the hospital,"  All of them agreed instantly. And..."Hiro.  Thank you so much for helping Mir.  Can you help them watch him?--- l should anyway.  Don't worry l'll protect him," l smiled.....Good.  Now, off for the hunt...