Morning Mermaid Media

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                                      Mir PoV

       Joon and l walked down the inn to see Granny. We waited until it was later in the morning to go see her and check up on her granddaughters. She was busy in the lobby, and or some reason there as chatter. When we rounded the corner, we saw a huge crowd of people hovering around Granny asking questions and flash photography going off. l wanted to go in, but Joon stopped me from going. We overheard the press talking about the appearance of mermaids and what happened to Sunkyu and Luna on the beach with the mermaid. Ugh, now l've done it. l could feel Joon's upset stare on my neck intensely. l laughed nervously and said, "At least her inn is getting popularity huh?" Joon sighed loudly. Granny looked uncomfortable being in the midst of a Korean media crowd, and tried her best to answer their questions. 

          "Ma'am, what happened exactly to your family? Are they okay now?" One reporter asked, and he crowd got quiet for an answer.

"My family is a little shaken, but we are okay. Somehow my grandchildren got into the water as the high tide rolled in and got violent. lt hasn't happened very often during high tides, but this one was exceptionally violent," The reporters were beginning o shout over each other and ask more questions.

"How were the children saved? Eyewitness accounts say there was a woman that went into the water to save them. People believe that a mermaid saved all of those people?" Another moment of silence spread across the crowd.

"...Yes, l believe the person that saved my family members and everyone else was a mermaid. ln fact, she may be one of the legendary mermaids that come from the local legends here," Granny answered honestly, and l guess l couldn't argue with that logic.

  Granny continued to talk to the media, and explained the legends of the mermaids that were well known in the area.Once they got all the information the could, the whole crowd left and we got a chance to see her and say hello. She saw us, and her facial expression softened to a more happier look. Granny ushered us into the tea room she had, and prepared us some tea and snacks. She began to apologize, "l'm sorry, l was swarmed by people today so suddenly it caught me off guard. lt was all because of Lauris," There was a dreamy look in her eyes as Granny recalled the events of last night. Lauris huh?...Ehehehe. l looked at Joon for confirmation of what to do next. He looked back at me and cleared his throat to say something, "Uh Granny, about that mermaid...it was Mir," Her face became confused, and Joon scrambled to explain further, "We're from a place near Seoul called Academy City. The city is basically a huge school district with mostly students in the city," She sat down and listened intently, wanting to know more about me as a mermaid. l put my hand on Joon's thigh, and he let me continue talking. l told her, "Academy City was created to keep individuals that have superhuman abilities in control of their powers. Joon and l are some of the individuals who have abilities,"  Granny seemed to follow along pretty well.

    She then pointed at me with a question in mind, "So you're telling me you two have superpowers, and you saved my grandchildren from the ocean and everyone else?" The two of us nodded in agreement. Granny stood up and then bowed deeply towards us. "Thanks to you two, my Luna and Sunkyu are safe. l'm in your debt. Thank you so much," She was trembling and crying as she bowed to us, and we got up to tell her to stop. Of course old people being old and humble, Granny refused to stop bowing to us. After we finally got her to stop we sat down again. lt looked like she had more questions, and l was happy to answer them. She asked, "But still, how did you transform into a mermaid!? l've heard of stories where humans could be mermaids, but now l have a real mermaid in my inn!" The three of us laughed and talked a bit more before l showed her my powers. l explained to her, "My body has the ability to take form of whatever l please. Because l was a mermaid, l can now control water and liquids," l raised my hand and pointed a finger at my teacup. The tea floated out of the cup in little spheres. Granny watched with her jaw dropped in amazement. l even told her, "l can freeze liquids and heat them up as well. Here," The little balls of tea formed together to make a tiny mermaid that l then froze. l gave it to her, and she held it gently in her hands. After looking at it for a few minutes she said, "Oh, l'm sorry Mir! l said those things to the reporters and now there are people swarming the beach too. lt's not really a bad thing, but l made your vacation probably less relaxing," Joon shook his head and responded, "No you didn't. We're used to seeing a lot of things happening. l think it would be boring if we didn't have something to do, right Mir?" l nodded in reply, and Granny smiled.

    "Oh, but Granny please don't reveal Mir's identity, it would be kind of dangerous to do that," Joon asked in a serious tone that made me feel...protected? She said, "l will do my best not to reveal it. l'm sure those scientist people would want to harm Mir in some way for research," And with that, we decided to leave Granny to tending to the inn. When we walked outside towards the city, we passed the beach and heard scores of people looking for mermaids. Too bad this little mermaid is going to the amusement park today!

           Joon PoV

​   "To be honest, l've never been to an amusement---WHAT?!" Mir's yelling shocked me when l said that sentence. He grabbed my hand and dragged me with him in a fast pace walk. "You have to go to an amusement park or theme park at least once in 20 times in your life!" Mir scolded me as we made our way to the amusement park. Somehow, l had a bad feeling that something was going to happen again...

   The park had a carnival fairway, rides, and several Ferris wheels. At the entrance, there was a huge fountain spraying jets of water into the warm air. When we walked inside there were other fountains all around the park for decor.  Mir made me play several games on the fairway and we rode plenty of rides that l've never been on. After many roller coasters, While we were getting snacks Mir asked me, "You having any fun? That last ride was a little scary," l smiled and pinched his cheek cutely. He whined about it and l let go, savoring the moment. We went to a cotton candy stand, and was able to make my very first cotton candy ever. Mine looked pretty good, while Mir was a little....eh. l swapped cotton candy sticks with him, and he seemed to like the gesture. l tasted the fluffy candy, letting the sweet taste melt in my mouth. Mir on the other hand just dug in and got candy all over his face as we walked around the park. "Mir, you have something on your face," l swooped down and stole a kiss from Mir's sweetened lips. His soft lips and the sweetness made it seem like cotton candy. l pulled away just a bit, to away the sugar on his face. His face was flushed and he was panting a bit.

   "Y..You idiot! W-wwe're in public!" Mir stammered out in his overly cute fashion. l laughed again and began to walk around the park with Mir following behind. l have to admit, these places are kind of fun. There was so much to do. l didn't realize how long we were playing in the park, and the afternoon sun was blaring down pretty hotly on us. we decided to skip out on the other rides and head to the large Ferris wheels. We got into the gondola and up we go! The view was more beautiful the higher we went. And at the peak, Mir got up and pressed himself against the door to look outside. l snuck up behind him and hugged him from behind. He looked up at me, and l kissed him deeply, using my tongue for the first time. l pressed it against his mouth, and slowly Mir began to accept it. His filled the cabin, and l was able to breach into his mouth. His tongue was trying to fight against mine, but l was able to win him over and our kiss felt really nice. His mouth was really soft and sweet from the cotton candy earlier. After a few more seconds, Mir broke away to steal a breath, saying, "You...haa~h, just gave me a...what was it called again?" What is he talking about? Mir reached into his hair and pulled out a book with an R-18 rating on the front cover. "Wait, where did you get that from Mir?--- Maggie gave it to me," l tried to grab it out of his hand, but he was adamant about it and protected it strongly. Mir seemed embarrassed about it still.

 "Why'd you give me a French kiss? Your tongue was...and l..! Oh, l didn't know it was like that," l rested my head on his shoulder, and saw a glance of a very steamy and romantic scene in the Boy's Love manga. What the hell, has he been studying?! He kept the book to himself, and once we got off the ride l took the book from him. "Hey, give me it baa~ck! Maggie gave that to me, you can't just take it from me!" A group of girls hanging out saw us fighting, and they began to giggle and talk amongst themselves a bit loudly. l could hear them talking about Boy's Love and taking pictures of us. Mir noticed as well and stopped his whining. He pouted at me, and the girls were practically screaming. Before l handed him back the book, l took a quick look and asked him, "Have you been studying this while we came here? What is Maggie thinking? Are you thinking of doing something naughty while we're here Mireu?" He stopped pouting and got extremely red, redder than gochujang. l took pity on him and gave him the book back, continuing our walk around the park. Remember that sneaking suspicion l had earlier? Yea, it's kicking in. l heard the overall noise level of the park get louder as we approached one of the rides. As the noise got even louder, we saw park security and technicians rushing to a boat ride that we didn't go on. What happened next confused me. The ride was one of those boats that would swing back and forth, eventually doing full loops and being upside down in the air. The thing with the ride was that it was working, but a little too well. The boat was swinging properly but much faster than it normally should. The screams of the passengers sounded scared for their lives, and they had full right to be. Does this mean we have to step in again?

     Mir was already thinking of a plan, and something tells me l wouldn't like it. l grabbed his arm before he could do anything and asked him, "What's your plan, and tell me how much l'm going to hate it," He looked at me and smirked smugly. He said, "All you have to do is slow down that giant boat! l'm sure you're toned, muscular arms can handle that much at least right?" Okay, maybe not so bad. l mean if l get to show off to Mir, maybe it's okay after all. We parted ways, and Mir went to hide and transform somewhere. Still, how am l supposed to just stop a moving boat? Whatever, l'll just have to try my best!  l ran past the park staff and headed towards the front of the boat ride. l could hear the park authorities yelling at me, but l paid no attention. l waited for the right moment to charge forward and try to hold it still. The boat looped and was coming down fast. l planted my feet and got into position, flexing my body to be prepared. Once it made it's way down, l ran forward with my arms out ready to catch it. l made contact with the boat, straining my body to hold it still as l grabbed hold of the ride. l heard the machine straining under pressure. l was able to hold the boat down, while people were yelling and in shock from my extreme strength. The thing was that l lost my grip, and the boat's slippery surface made contact square onto my chest. l flew several meters away and landed on my hard into the grass field nearby. The ship continued to spin and the screams began to fill the air once more. lt wouldn't be long until those people were killed by the g-force of the boat spinning. l tried again and got up once more. l could feel something in the air, and l heard that mermaid song in the distance. Mir's ready! "Joon, can you hear me? l'm using our shared powers to talk. l'm coming right now," Mir's voice echoed in my head.

    The sound of water was all l heard rumbling in the area, and Mir's orange mermaid tail was high in the sky. Water was surrounding him like water jets pushing him through the air. People saw the mermaid and began to feel confused and amazed. "Quick take a picture! The mermaid is here! Look it's here!" l heard people screaming for the mermaid to help the people stuck on the boat. lt was my cue to stop the boat once more. l got close to the impact zone again and dug my heels into the ground, forcing the boat to grind to a halt. The machine strained again, wanting to push forward. "Ngggah! MIR HURRY THE UP!" l yelled at the top of my lungs to Mir, and he gave the OK. "Alright! Servus Aqua! MAGNA CATARACTA!"  All the water from the fountains exploded upwards, collecting into one huge mass. Mir flung his arms forward, launching a massive pillar at the swinging arm of the boat ride. The machine shorted out from getting hit and being blown off the supporting base, dropping the boat onto the ground. l quickly got out of the way and onto the boat ride. l took a look around, and the passengers seemed to be all unconscious. , are we too late? People were swarming to the site by the second, and the news outlets weren't too far behind at all. Just when he promised me he wouldn't get caught. l took everyone out of their seat and laid them on the grass field l was on nearby. Mir dove down and helped out as well, raising a wall of water to prevent people from getting to close to us.

   "Dammit Mir! Twice in a row, something's happened already," l said to Mir as the reporters were trying to breach the water wall. Mir-is(Lauris, whatever) swam near everyone, checking on their vitals. Mir diagnosed everyone saying, "They're still alive, but the head trauma and other injuries from force aren't going to be easy for local hospitals. maybe l need another song," Well you better do it fast before your wall fizzles into nothing but mist. Mir held onto my hand as he began to sing. He urged me on to sing in harmony with him, but l refused. "Come on now. We're sharing our powers now, which mean you can sing just as well. The more voices that sing, the more power we have to help these people. Just sing," Mir's thoughts bounced around in my head, and l just gave in and sang. lt sounded a little rocky at first, but soon afterwards our voices began to blend. His high-pitched melody sounded nice against my bass support. A light shined above from us, casting a white glow around the people that were passed out. After our harmony stopped, the glow stopped and so did our barrier. l grabbed Mir by the waist and told him, "Hold on tight Mireu~This is going to be a close one," People that were outside of the barrier rushed through to us and surrounded the people that were unconscious. Reporters were charging towards us in a huge wave, and l wasn't storing enough power to get away in the shadows. l asked Mir, "Can you get us out of here? Hurry before they see our faces," Mir nodded and belted out a huge note, forcing the air in front of us to actually vibrate. The news reporters halted in their tracks and covered their ears. Water surrounded our bodies, and l could feel my body being stretched for some reason. Before l knew it l was away with the water to some remote fountain. Dammit...