Snuggly Turned Ugly

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                ''So...how was school?Confusing?--Yea,but it's kinda too much to explain at one sitting,all l can tell you it that it's pretty complicated in there,''Eric seemed genuinely concerned about me,''What's up?---Huh,nothing,just wondering about if you made any friends yet...--l have a few new friends now,''He tuned in with giant chia pet ears.''Okok,so a few guys wanted to make friends,ok.And then,there's a buddy system,and l got the weirdest person on campus.He's like super hated on,even though he didn't seem to do anything.He's got one hell of a ty attitude though,''Eric had a look oh 'hmmm' on his face.

''What is it?--Do you think he might like you?''

l nearly choked on my food,''Are you kidding me?He barely talked to me in a civilized manner.lt's all either deep grumbling at me or a loud screech---And yet you know how boy's can't express feelings to one another.Yet you got a hard-to-get boy,nice going,''Oh great.Even thought Evangeline warned me about being near Joon,yet he actually talked to me more than he would to Alys.''Hey,did you hear that?The door's ringing,go get it,''Eric walked up and opened the door,revealing Joon thickly covered in his deep green jacket.He had to come into my home?And knowing him,he can sneak up into my mind without a moment's notice.''You were talking about me?--Shut it.Eric,l'm full,l gotta go,''Eric cleaned up and l got my bags and things.''Seeya buddy,l'm going to miss you---Not as much as l will.l'll come visit,l promise,''l hugged him and left swiftly with Joon.l walked down the steps slowly,making sure l didn't miss a step,but Joon took most of my bags and walked ahead.''You sure know how to help,don't you?---Hurry up,we don't have time,l'm here because the principal sent me to make sure nothing happened to you---The school's only a few blocks away!''A beam of green light flashed out at us,and l was blinded temporarily.l regained my sight,to see Joon flicking bolts of blue fire all over the place.''Flans Paries Aerialis!''l cast my hands out,willing the wind to kick up thick fog to cover us.''Joon,what's happening?---Just go!''He latched onto my hand and grabbed my bags,or whatever wasn't burnt to cinders from that laser beam.We ran hard and fast,until we reached the inner section of the front office.''Already causing me trouble,huh Mir?What the do they want with you?---You think l know anything?Let's just get to the dorms,''l walked with Joon in flared silence,until we reached a small building with a bathroom,and two rooms inside.The pink door must've been Alys and Makie's,while the other plain black door was Joon's,no doubt.l was going for the black door,when Joon was heading to the other room,''lsn't that their room?---We switched recently,over here,''l lugged my things over and walked in,looking at the simple room we had to share.There was a large dresser on one side of the wall,and a desk for the both of us to use.The moon was peeking through our glass sliding door,out onto a little balcony.A minifridge was next to the wardrobe and a little fan.l wondered what little of my belongings survived in the sudden ambush from earlier,so l opened my cases,and all that it contained was my magick equipment,no clothing besides a few shirts and underwear remained.l had shoes and about maybe a week's worth of jeans in my shoulder bag l was holding.

''You had to drop my essentials on the street and let me have nothing to wear---Hey,you wanted to live,right?You can have my old clothes,there's no need to get so defensive.All of them are on the last three shelves in the wardrobe,''l pulled out the wardrobe dresser,and looked through the clothes.Many of them were tees,and a few long sleeves.Jeans a plenty,all darker shades.They looked only a bit bigger than my size,and they hung just a bit loosely on my shoulders.''l'll just set up my things over here....''l shoved whatever l had into the cupboard left empty outside our room.''So,another question,what kind of Umbra are you?People are Faeries,others are werewolfs,etc.---l'm...a Waerloga,''Ah,a warlock,huh?That's cool.l changed out of my clothes and into Joon's clothing,which felt nice and cool.A light smell of lilac wafted off his shirts.l went to our bed and lied down sleepily,trying to escape the cold,when Joon cleared his throat,''That's my side,scoot over,''Well then,it ain't my fault l don't care.l rolled over and covered up,wanting to get rid of the chill as much as possible.Uh-oh,l forgot something.l jumped right out of bed and looked for my blanket.l found it in my shoulderbag,and the sides and corners were somewhat burnt off.My bag was grazed,and l couldn't believe it.The family heirloom....ruined.''What is that?---My ancestry,burnt away.This is a family cloak that each member sewn a part of.They used special techniques in order to weave our history into every thread.l was supposed to finish this...''l wept silently,remembering the stories mom and grandma and aunty told me while crocheting the words into the cloak.A bit of my ancestor's spirits are stored here,for guidance....l gotta fix this,''l got up and pulled out my black bag with my equipment mom left me before all the drama happened.The moon was full tonight,so l needed to do it now,for respects,but Joon stood in my way.He towered almost a half head higher than me.''Where are you goin?---l'm fixing this,is there any forest or nature area?''l walked out,and he grabbed my arm,looking serious as ever.

''l'm coming with you---Why?---l can't leave you unattended,the principal would have my if l did,''

''Fine,come along,and show me where the forest trails are,l know we're near an old park memorial,''He sighed,and l waited.

''How is going to a forest going to fix this?---l'll show you,if you stay quiet,and show me where to go,''He huffed and walked ahead of me,looking out for any signs of sentry.There was a path that led away from the school,and upwards onto a hill with a wide slope.A cemetary was located near the bottom of the hill,and above us,a lone oak and elder tree.The symbol of the Unity.The moon peeked from the branches and foliage to reveal a serene lighting.''What are we doing here?---l told you,you'll see.lt's important that l do this now,or else l won't be able to fix it,''l took my...uh,Joon's clothes off my body when he started to shout at me again,''Can you not wake up the souls that are resting?---Why the hell are you getting ?---l have a robe,don't worry!''He turned around,and hid in the shade of the oak tree,away from the moon.l got completely ,and got my robe on,feeling it's warm smell of roses.l set up my portable altar l kept with me,and drew a circle into the ground,all around both of the trees and me,encompassing us with the protection of the Goddess.The moon was rising from the east,and so l placed incense sticks and lit them,letting the smell waft.Joon shied away abit from it.Ok,east is done.l took a candle and lit it,placing the fire to the south.Water to west,and earth to north.l draped my robe onto the ground,in front of my altar,where l poured out a cup of wine and cut a piece of cake l made yestersday.My lyre was by my side,and Joon started to peek out from the oak tree shadow,with shades on.l took in my hand,a white candle,a wooden cut-out of the crescent moon,a bag of crystal stones,and another bowl of water onto the altar.l stood up,and faced the moon,plucking a single light note from my lyre,and began to chant.

  ''l am Mir,and l stand before you,goddesses of the sky and earth and sea,l honor you,for your blood runs through my veins,one woman,stands on the edge of the universe.Tonight,l make an offering in your names,As my thanks for all that you have given me,''

My lyre strung out a serene melody,one my mom and dad told me to use whenever l'm doing the prayer circle.Joon was out of the shadows fully,watching me with a passive face.

''l am Mir,and l stand before you,lsis,lshtar,Tiamant,lnanna,Shakti,Cybele.Mothers of the ancient people,guardians of those who walked the earth thousand years ago,l offer you this,as a way of showing my gratitude.Your strength has flowed within me,Your wisdom has given me knowledge,Your inspiration has given birth to harmony in my soul.May we feast,in this light,to all the mother goddess' blight.The dark season,now nearing has come,we must let go,and protect our Ones.Goddesses now,l cherish thee,Goddess here,Blessed Be,''l took the wine and poured it all over the circle,letting the earth take it's bounty back.The cake l laid out,for the birds and animals to come eat later.The cloak was illuminated by the moon's light,giving it a soft look of protection.''Neith,here,mother be,how sad our family is to see.Our spirits now,have unraveled.Seek my family,and help them travel.Weaver of Fate l ask of thee,restore my family,whole and free.ln this circle we call home,evil now freely roams.Rid this evil off the walls,save thy sisters three,and hear my call,''As l played my lyre,thin glossy threads of moonlight flew off the strings,weaving slowly into the cloak,giving the already silver cloth a silver shine.The cloak stitched itself together,fully restoring our heritage back as it once was.l picked up the newly restored cloth,shimmering in silver light,and kneeled to the moon,and bowed.

''l'm ready to go,let me pack up first,''l rubbed away the circle l traced with the chalk,and packed my things together,all into the footlocker with the cloak.l stayed in my robe,and Joon cleared his throat.

''Aren't you going to change?---l'm going for a soak,where's the pool?---Why?''l walked back,looking for any signs of water,when Joon ed me again,''Why not just take a bath at the dorm?The communal bath house is over there,no one's in at this hour,''Good thing l brought my rose petals.