Awkward Reunion

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                                     Joon PoV

         We sat around the table and just ate the food we all brought. The girls were talking and having a little fun, but the rest of us were kind of....quiet. G.O and Seungho were waiting with baited breath looking at me for some explanation.  "Did you invite me just to stare at me?" l asked with with a slight tone of irritation. Seungho sighed and dropped his gaze. He replied, "At least tell us what's going on once in a while. Oh the meat is done, Hiro have some," Hiro took out some meat from the pot and ate it shyly. Sighing with a deep breath I said, "Ok long story short. Mir got hurt, his ability allowed him to talk to Hiro which said he should help heal Mir. ln the past week or so, Hiro tried to help Mir, and then Mir became a mummy, and now there's someone trying to be a creep and watch over him and...it's a longer story than l can shorten it," The two of them nodded and continued their way. l wonder if Hiro's doing okay. All this magick stuff and what not and he's only been with us for a little while. And l could totally sense the uneasiness between Hiro and Thunder. 

"Hiro how you holding up? Feeling any better?" He nodded meekly, "l'll be okay. Mir wants to know how you're feeling. He knows you feel responsible," That hurt me a bit. l know l totally should've gone with him. Sheesh that kid brings all sorts of crap l didn't have to deal with before. But whatever happened to me in the past l completely remember now. l said, "Tell him l'm okay now. Let him worry about himself," Hiro smiled lightly and continued to eat. l decided to turn my attention to Thunder who just seemed a little off...

                         Hiro PoV

   l sat really stiff and quiet right next to Nakji who was just eating and talking to the others normally. Should l have said something? What should l say? l kept eating until it felt too weird to keep sitting next to him. l silently excused myself to take a walk outside. After l was able to get out of the room l could finally breathe a bit deeply. We've only known each other for a few days and it seems like we've been at odds for so long. l started to walk out into the cold starry night when l head the doors behind me open up. l didn't turn around because l could tell exactly who it was. l kept walking towards the main door that led outside and the footsteps behind me followed. l sensed an uneasiness in him but l couldn't put my finger on it. We walked in silence until we got to the front door. l grab the handle to the door and he grabs my hand firmly with his own big, cold, hand.  He broke the silence first, "You're going to leave without a jacket? Who do you think you are? Superman?" l didn't get a chance to say anything when all of a sudden he threw on an extra jacket over my shoulders. The parka felt really warm, as if he was wearing it just seconds ago. l finally turned around and he looked away with his eyes saying, "Take it. lt's going to be too cold to walk out like that," He looked apologetic, and l forgive him if l did something wrong.  We stood there in silence for a while longer as other people were coming through the dorms, until it went quiet again.  Augh, l'm so bad with confrontation! "l...l'm..egh," l started to say something but words couldn't form in my mouth. l was afraid he'd be really mad or something. This time he started, "Was it me? We've only known each other for a few days and then you leave? After all the sweet talking and crap you told me you leave?" l knew it. l made him upset only after a few days of knowing him. Wow l'm such a hole. He looked so defenseless, like a little baby looking for their toy.  l finally said something through my panicked voice, "l'm sorry l was getting s..stuff done at my other jobs and l didn't have time to come and see you,"  He looked at me with a sense of suspicion. What am l supposed to do?

    l kept on rambling about my jobs and why l couldn't see him until he kept asking about the truth. l told him, "The past few days l've been thinking to myself about my life decisions and what l wanted to do. l knew l really liked you so l just talked to you. And then this happened which reminded me of....something in the past. l'm sorry if l hurt you,"  He looked somewhat pleased with my answer and responded, "l thought you had done something to hide from me or you just didn't want to see me. And l heard you enrolled into the school behind my back?"  Oh. Yeah. Hehe l sorta kinda, maybe did.  l looked down at my feet and quietly said l did, "But why are you so angry about having me not come here? lt didn't make sense to me,"  He sighed a bit deeply saying, "That's because you asked me to teach you right? You said it yourself that you wanted me to teach you and...like you...*ahem* anyway---"  l'm sorry what? My ears perk up when l heard that little bit about something, "Would you care to elaborate on that last part? l didn't hear you," He looked off to his side and then said it louder, "l like you. AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN RESPOND TO A DAMN TEXT?!" Oh . Gotta run!....

      Over the next few days....

                  Joon PoV

     lt's already been a week since Mir was moved back into the dorm, and it was soon reaching that stressful time of year mortals called exam week. The snow piles up overnight and it's already difficult enough just getting out of bed in the cold morning. l didn't sleep last night, and instead hunted for some fresh blood to stock up the fridge till dawn. l was lucky to find some winter birds and some wild rabbits out in the forest a few kilometers away. Least we'll have some rabbit stew for a few nights as bonus. l watched the sunrise slowly breach over the white snowy horizon. The golden orange stained the land of white with an amber tinge, and the clouds were pretty scarce today. The entire school was blanketed in a deep sea of white ice, which was being cleared by Chanyeol, Alys, and G.O. Our other friends were out there doing some cleaning up too while l watched Mir. Over the course of the past week his cocoon was unraveling itself, and l could clearly see most of his body now. His face was the first thing that greeted my eyes, there wasn't a scratch on him at all. l hope that magickian guy won't try to bug me about protecting him again. He's so obsessive sometimes it's ridiculous. l sat next to his body in the bed, and under the glowing lights of our room he looked...different.  Some emotion was hiding behind his peaceful sleep, but what was it? There wasn't any way l could properly describe it except maybe worry? Reflecting back on the weeks before, l realized l wasn't too nice to him, but l was definitely attracted to him somehow. Whether it was his little smile or his eyes, or something else entirely, l was drawn to him. With one hand l his hair and said, "l...l'm so sorry. l realized what was wrong, what l did wrong," l touched his cheek and ran my thumb under his bottom lip lightly. l decided it was a stupid idea to continue talking to him but l did anyways.

     "Hey l hope you can hear me cuz l a not going senile. Any ways, l'm sorry. l swore to that magickian that l could protect you and l didn't. Hope he doesn't eat vampires for BBQ. But l'm here now. God, l sound so sappy but, it's true. l'll be there to protect you. l'm here if you need anything when you wake up," After a moment more of watching him rest, l got up to make something to eat. The sun was streaming rays of warm light into the room, and it made the plant lights glow strongly with a purple hue. l said to myself, "What the actual hell is going on? l've seen worse but this is straight up creepy," The bulbous plants on the ceiling glowed purple and opened up their flowers, revealing long stigmas that dropped little sparkles onto the ground. l watched without moving a muscle, in utter fascination. The rays of light eventually found their way to Mir's cocoon, and the cocoon slowly unraveled its remaining form to reveal the fully body of Mir.  Moments after Mir unraveled himself l ran over to his side and checked up on him. His entire body was completely recovered from the incident. l tried to shake him awake, "Mir. Hey kiddo wake up. C'mon now you don't need a kiss to wake up," His eyes twitched and his brows furrowed. l could hear him faintly, "Joon....nngh. Five more minutes.....hnngh! Stop it....!!!" l tickled his exposed side and his eyes flung open. His warm childish laughter filled the empty cold room once more.  "HAHAHAHA STOP IT! I'M AWAKE FOR 'S SAKE!" l let go of his body and he rolled off onto the ground.  "Shiiiettt....next time just give me a kiss why don't you?" He complained as he got up and got clothes. "Morning sleeping beauty. How you feeling?---Just nice and warm...You little ! l'm cold as hell right now!" Hell isn't that cold, l promise you. lt's kind of pretty this time of year. As he put on his layers l went up to him and hugged him. His lukewarm body was soaking up my warmth, and his head was where it belong, on my chest hearing my heart beat(YES, vampire are still alive. Who the hell didn't think we weren't? Zombies, now those s are not alive). l whispered softly into his ear, "Welcome home," And he squirmed a little. l could at least tell he was happy for the moment.

    "...Thanks. Where's every---lS HE AWAKE YET??? OOHMYGOD MIIIIIR~!" Alys practically kicked down the door with her excitement to see Mir. Nice to see you too Alys...