Passing Wind.

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

             Mir PoV

     Why didn't l think of this before? l should've made the connection between Suiko's death and the black ring. Bolting through the hallways l finally made it to our room and dove for mythology book l kept that mom gave me. Skimming through the pages l landed on an image of a mint green bird that somewhat looked like a phoenix. That's gotta be it. The power of wind, the gift of gales, and the down of a phoenix. l closed my eyes and willed myself to calm down, slowing my whole body and heart, feeling the lull of the beats. ln my subconscious, l filtered through all of the information on spirits until l reached the part about ressurection. ''The Scourge of the skies brings great calamity to those not prepared for change, as this spirit changes all with it's mind and airways of communication. lt is said the bird has the ability to stare deep into one's soul and erase it's memory from the world. Knowledge was brought to this world, with the mercurial speed of air. The only ways known to stop it is to anchor the spirit in Purgatorio or Limbo if it is ever called upon in full forme. Disupting the magick circle with elemental totems is also another route but must be accurately used. Only one other way is known, but the most dangerous. By offering the Red Eye to the beast shall it return to the depths of it's slumber. Simorgh, Bird of Divinity is a benevolent spirit beast, but if summoned in the presence of darke magick, only chaos will bestow on the world.The final and most secure way of sealing Simorgh is by the Grounding Ritual, but must be prepared in advance. A flute must be played in the Hex of the Magi circle...'' This is going to be a bit hard.

    l heard footseps coming towards me, and who l thought was Joon panting hard. lt was Suiko instead, ''Thunder wants to see you. Joon's already there at the Judgement branch,'' Oh great. Meanwhile l need to make a placement order for Aunty soon...Suiko led me to the main branch of Judgement, the student version of Men in Black and Swat teams. Thunder was right outside the door waiting, with a green armband in hand. Two actually. ''Put these on. Joon wasn't going to wear one until you got here. These are Judgement bands, You're official, screw the qualifiers and get in here!'' We both made haste into the offices and rounded several corridors until we made it into a conference meeting room. A projector was sitting in the middle of an oval table, showing research schematics and surveilance cameras. A quick rap in the door and we walked in.

  ''There you are. And with the new recruit. We were just going over the events of what happened minutes ago,'' The Principal was on this already? l saw down next to Joon and with Thunder on my other side. ''There's some connection we have yet to make between lrene and Suiko. Both females and in the same age range by merely a few months apart, similar power base, level, etc. ls there anything anyone else has decided? Already two homicides have been made within 24 hours. At least Suiko survived. Now then, Joon has somewhat explained what happened, but l would like to hear from Mr. Bang over here. Have you decided on what has happened?'' l thought l did, but there was something off. Power and level, gender, and age....!!! ''Suiko, when were you born? What month and day exactly?- October 24th, why?'' That's it.

  ''Sir, when was lrene's birthday on her record?- June 17th. ls there a connection?'' Of course there is. Signs. Without speaking a single word to anyone else at that meeting, l drew up a sketchboard program from my scanner and linked it to the projector, drawing crazy lines everywhere. l know what's going on. ''First of all, they contain powers over air. Examples are Suiko's cyclones and lrene's air PSI. Second, they are females with the same level of power. And so far both girls are air signs. Gemini and Libra...'' Everyone paid close attention while l tried to think further along. Joon and Thunder were especially on the edge of their seats, not to mention the Principal as well. ''This killer is absorbing their powers for a grandiose scale. lf he stole the power of projection or summoning, he might be bringing a spirit back with ill intentions,'' A murmur ran across the room and hushed.

  The Principal spoke, ''Spirits are a hard power to control. Unless he's a magickal being, which l doubt very highly even exist- Nonetheless assuming he shed his Esper powers and gained the key to magick, he will summon the Bird of Divinity back to this world. Simorgh is not a spirit to conjure up on a whim. The beast relies on air and wind to communicate it's power and knowledge. The bird ls a spirit of ancient times, where counsels called on its wisdom before any fearsome challenge came ahead. One of the requirements are a sacrifice of power and soul. Simorgh usually would be a good thing to bring to this world, like a new Renaissance era, but inbued with dark powers can morph it into a hideous entity. lt can erase all of history as we remember it,'' A large commotion stirred and Thunder quieted the room.

   ''How do you know this will happen or if it's even plausible?'' All eyes me, and l put down my scanner and stylus. With a deep breath l sat back down and put my hands on my lap, ''Because, l can see who ends up in the other side,'' With that l pulled on Joon's shirt cuff hard and pulled Thunder's arm, walking out into the open courtyard. ''Please tell me you did not say anything about my powers Joon- Not a peep. l just explained what l ''thought'' happened when l saw it,'' Now Thunder was hooked, ''What the hell are you guys talking about?'' We looked at him with a solemn expression, ''l really need you to not say a word to anyone about this...l'm not an Esper. l'm a witch,'' He looked concerned and just slightly puzzled. ''A witch? Are you serious? Magick and Abilities don't mix- l'm sure l don't have just one power. l know it's too stupid to be true, but it is. Hexes, incantations, potions, it's where all of my powers lie. l think the killer is after me,'' At that Thunder smirked with a light huff. ''What makes you think that?- lnside my own being,l contain 108,000 magickal tomes, from the most basic of spells to apocalyptic hexes to magickal wear and even a spell back to the origins of The All. You may think that's a bit of bull, but The All is not for any being to control,'' Rain was pouring heavily from the sky. l looked through my soaked lenses up to the sky, where a slight funnel of clouds were being created. They know...they want me.

         Joon PoV

    A storm was brewing, and fast. l could see little warps and struggles of shape, so that meant Suiko was fighting back hard. ''Mir, Suiko isn't going to hold up much longer- Blast it with fire then. Call her over,'' l remembered that l still had the succubus seal inside me, which meant l could call on souls even better than before. l wonder if it works in gel? All l did was think of Suiko for a split second and her ghostly form was right next to me concentrating. ''Fire's going to increase the pressure, we need to cool it,'' Suiko murmured slightly in strain, while still focusing on the task at hand. ''What? l'm connected to you l can hear. l'm dead, not deaf,'' Ha. l watched closely as Mir tapped into Suiko's spirit, her into his body. Thunder on the other hand didn't know what the hell we were talking about. ''Wasn't Suiko in a body?- She's a spirit. Mir gave her the gel body. That reminds me, where are we going to keep it if she's in spirit form? lt could be mopped away right now,'' Mir shushed me, and pulled out a diamond-like bottle. lt was mostly blue, but there was a bronze clasp around it. l popped the bottle open and a vaccum of wind tried ripping my face off. Oh it's for the gel. l pointed the vessel back into the office branch, and a thin stream of gel flowed back into the bottle. ''What are you going to wo with Suiko Mir?- Nothing much, just use her as a catalyst for that twister that's almost touching down,'' The two of us watched as Mir directed the twister with his hands. An unearthly shriek rang from the impending twister. lnstead of disrupting it, the spiral grew larger and larger.The air chilled by maybe at least 25 degrees. Frost was forming all over the courtyard and around the tornado. ''lt's not working!---!!!'' With no warning at all, the column of air expanded and changed into a pressure wave. My body thought for itself and and covered Mir, letting the pressure slam into my back and launch us back into the office. The collection shelf stopped us from making a crater in the wall.

    ''Aw ....Are you okay Mir?- l...l'm okay. What happened? Are you hurt?!?!'' His head was against my chest breathing hard, and my arms were definetly not supposed to feel like broken glass. Too many fractures. ''Suiko help him!- Stay still Joon,'' The white fog that flowed from Mir's mouth to mine felt minty. Luckily Suiko knew something about herbs. l didn't dare move until all of the white fog was surrounding my wounded arms. l winced and groaned at the feeling of fractured bone shards being re-knit together like puzzle pieces. Thunder ran back in after us, well more like limping back from getting hit into the wall outside. The others from the meeting rushed outto see the incident. ''Thunder! Joon, Mir, what in blue blazes just happened?! The wind picked up and- Quiet! l'm healing us. Thunder hold my hand,'' Mir hushed the crowd of Judgement officers and had Thunder hold his hand.

  ''Someone get me an amethyst, as pure and clear as possible! NOW!'' Some girls left for the supply depot we had in the Geo-class section and pulled out an oval piece of pure purple stone. There were barely any veins to speak of, and they handed it to Mir's outstretched left hand. ''All of us close our eyes. Thunder touch the stone with your other hand and hold on. Everyone else do not make a sound,'' l closed my eyes and stayed still as l felt Mir's hand wrap around me and place it on my back with the stone. Thunder held it as well behind me. ln his light voice, he whispered little rhymes of power.

 ''bright light, shining light, heal my hurts with thy might.Seal my pain and my bones, return thy body from evil's throe,'' A purple hazy light crept up from Mir's feet as l took a peek.Slowly it rose up with warmth. Mir kept repeating and repeating until it reached his head and expanded about a foot out. And in a moments notice, the light pumped through his hand with the stone, and the stone pulsed out light to everyone. A strong force shifted my ribs and bones, letting them settle back to their original positions. ''This is my will, so mote it be,'' The hazy light dimmed out after minutes of intense lighting, and Suiko's haze pooled beside us, returning to the gel body.

   ''Are you better? Thunder you're good l hope?- Yea, l feel better,'' Thunder lifted his hand off of my back and l stretched just ever so slightly to straighten myself out. ''Mir....l'm fine, stop crying,'' He wouldn't stop crying. Goddammit, l hate crying children. l pushed myself off and Mir crumpled into a little ball onto the ground. ''We'll look out for you and the school. Thunder come and debrief what the hell just happened,'' l picked up Mir still in his ball form and walked back out with Suiko protecting us. ''Hey, what's wrong?- ....sniff* l...l thought l saw you die with that pressure wave. l-l'm sorry mmph*!'' Just shut up! l hugged him hard, getting him to unfurl and stay limp within my grasp. ''You shu'nlt e ooing oh asht,'' What? l gave him a little breathing room and he repeated. ''Stop moving so fast, l healed you but it can be undone too quick if you walk so much. l mean you won't crack into 3000 pieces but it'll hurt, alot,'' He hugged me back and l felt him doing something with his hands behind the small of my back.

  ''Girl Who Crossed The Gap! Come and take us on your performance back home! Call!'' A girl with a long blue haired ponytail jumped out of a doorway in the middle of the air.She wore a tailed dress shirt with a pink feather skirt or tutu. Something straight out of a circus. ''Help me take him back to the dorm please,'' She silently nodded and snapped her fingers, pulling me away from Mir and right next to a door that opened into our room. ''You are coming with me,'' l yanked him by his shirt sleeve and he fell into the doorway with me, making a crash landing on our bed. ''Ten out of ten,huh?'' The doorway and girl returned to her card form and l laid down gingerly. ''Let me take care of you, it won't take long- Mir l- LET me help you. That is not a question. Now strip down,'' l'm sorry, do l know you like that? l'm pretty sure in 700 years of my life none of your past selves wanted me like that. l just stared at him ith suspicion until he sighed loudly, ''l have to check the impact and the healing process dumb! Get your head out of the gutter! Old man stop being a and hurry up, or maybe your old brain isn't rememberingwell enough to have common sense?'' Wow do you have a sharp way of cutting into someone's emotions.l tried my best to take off my shirt but my arms were killing me when l raised them above my head. ''l'm going to get that shirt off and those pants reguardless of method *rip*'' Hey! That was my favorite shirt! My exposed chest was breathing in the cool air while waiting for Mir. l felt fuzzy on the inside. What the hell is this feeling? ''Getting frisky are we Nurse?- Funny you say that, be lucky l didn't call Shamsiel to heal you. You would've hurt for weeks,'' Huh, well then...WAIT. Did l...did we ...? Did l just flirt with Mir? l felt myself get pink and self-conscious. l ped my pants and took them off, casting them aside.