Double Date or Double Trouble?

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

         Mir PoV

  ''C'mon! you even agreed to it!- That's like if you're drunk you say stupid ! l was being spontaneous!- When you're drunk you say the truth!'' l was chasing him around all over our little dorm room. On the walls, crawling on the ceiling, threatening with light(which was a crappy bluff). ''Why won't you go with me!- Because l don't want you to---'' He hesitated. He had nothing! ''At least take me for dinner and a little moonlit walk...or not. There's no legitimate reason to dodge me, and what's it going to kill you?'' Joon scoffed and looked away. Look at us! Not even dating or anything(not like it hasn't crossed my mind) and we're bickering like an old married couple. Alys walked right into our room and caught us in crossfire of argument. ''Calm down! Calm down!'' The both of us sat down across the room from one another. ''Joon, go on a date with him!- But! l *mumble*....'' ing speak up if you don't want to go idiot! ''Just tell me why! Why won't you at least th- BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!'' The booming voice that pierced through the room made me sit back down. Lose me?

   Joon sighed heavily as Alys gently guided Joon back to his seat. ''You can't lose Mir, y'know- Of course l can. lf he dies, like all of the other people l made relationships with, how am l going to live with that?'' l never thought he was THIS much of a pessimist. What 700 years does to you...l sat down next to him, putting a hand over his shoulder, ''Even if l died, l would use my heart thread to find and haunt the out of you for the rest of your vampiric life,'' That got him a tiny smile. ''Now, will you go or not!- Son of a...NO!'' Why is he so stubborn?!?!? When was 700 years old the age of childishness? l chased him around again like the mother trying to put on a shirt for him or something. Eventually l used the pink heart string that connected us and wrapped him into a net. When l got to him, Thunder was chatting it up with him. ''Oh, hey Mir. Did you guys find anything else on the attacks? l heard what you guys prevented last night. Nice work,'' l kept the string invisible but just as strong a grip around Joon who was acting more and more like a kid than a y 700 year old man.

   ''Well, there's a clan that has been known as the great devourers. Link Jokers, the clan that absorbs other's powers and has been known to destroy galaxies with corruption. lt's a little strange how the iconic ring of black power rose over the northern lights the day the school started. l wish l could tell you more, but you'd have to make Joon say yes- Wait, to what?'' Thunder lifted an eyebrow at Joon sitting quietly and mumbling and whimpering like a sniveling child. ''But l dunn wanaaaa~ --- Dammit  Joon say yes!'' The power that came from Thunder's calm voice sent chills ripping through my spine. Joon stiffened and sighed, ''Alright! Yes, l'll go--- Yippee! Thanks Thunder. l'll send you more info of what l have later,'' .With the heart thread l got him to stand up and walk back with me until we were out of his sight. With a flick of my finger the thread whisked itself away and Joon just stared at me. ''What?- You used the promise to get leverage over me? How low can a witch be?'' Lower than those 700 year-old knockers l believe. He scoffed, and l got up on my tippy toes to deliver a little kiss to the corner of his mouth. He stood there blushing deeply, while l smiled cutely at him. ''Alright. Where are we going? l have to spend the morning setting up the sound, and then l'll go with you for the rest of the day- l love it when l break you,'' A concerned look of confusion crossed his face, but l walked with him over to the sound systems in the shed to help setup for the dance tonight. Did l say too much when l said break? Shatter? Split? l don't know whatever, close enough. l almost forgot to check on the crystals. l wonder if they burnt out or anything. ''Joon l'm going to check on the web, you just do whatever and l'll come back soon- Hurry up if you wanna go out,'' l know. l checked back at the Shifter's dorms and ran into Himchan who was looking for an explanation.... l better start from the beginning....

     Joon PoV

  l was playing around with the system cords for a while until l got them into place. Thunder was crossing the courtyard and coming towards me. Wonder what he needed. ''What's up?- Oh nothing much, l'm here to check on the mixer system. By the way, l have the songs on the Skydrive, so just reload them to the mixer and it'll be done for the dance. Most of our power boosters aren't here, because of some blackout or something last night so we can't really go on with the fireworks, so....maybe you can help us with that and lighting the paper lanterns? lt's almost Chuseok any ways, and we have all of the paper lanterns ready to fly by tonight. You're the only Level 5 that has complete control over point-fires. l don't want Chanyeol flaming down anything-- l got it Thunder,'' l went back to my work, but l could feel that he was still there so l turned back and waited. ''Anything else sir?-- Oh no, nothing. Just wondering what Mir made you do,'' lt always comes down to something like this. l sighed and replied after a moment of trying to rephrase the sentence, ''So, you see...there was a tiny favor l had to do for Mir because of those ''blackouts'' last night. l had to uh...go on um...a date with him,'' He gave a little nostril flare and a snicker. He pivoted on the balls of his hells and walked off without another word. Something's wrong with him. Mir finally came back after what seemed like hours ago when l finally set up the damn speakers and subwoofers. ''What took you so long?- l had to explain things with Himchan-- Did you dare day ANYTHING about our little promise?'' Mir shook his head, but l knew he had a tell. Looking away wasn't it. The flick of his head to swish back his hair shows it too easily that he has bravado on. ''WHY...would you tell Himchan that?!-- l didn't tell him, relax, besides, our crystals burnt out at the Murakumos, l have to restock on more stronger crystals, and since you have so much time to chat with me that means you're complete with your messing around with cables now let's go!'' Easy there kiddo. 'Why don't we get changed first, and uh could you maybe...crossdress for today?-- l knew you were a ,'' Not like that! Who'd want to see two boys dating IN KOREA, mind you? Before l explained he waved it off, ''l'm kidding. l know, l got it. What should l wear? Oh! lt'll be a surprise. You go change first at the dorm, l have to recharge the crystals. Spiritus endara metel lin semok natorum et selece...'' Wait, you're chanting here?! You'll look like a psycho! l held onto him and melted slowly into the silhouette of our shadows from the late morning sun and to his usual spot on the hill, then got whisked myself back to the dormitory. What the hell am l supposed to wear? My casual wear is just a t-shirt or long-sleeve with any pants l can find within an arm's reach. l realized something that l should've worked on a long while ago: l've never been on a date in my life. l felt somewhat embarrassed knowing l haven't ever done anything like this. 

    Filtering through my clothes, l found a grey t-shirt with a red arrow design over the stomach section, and a pair of black jeans that had a really tight fit. Since when did l buy a pair that squeezes my entire bottom half of my body? l tossed up my hair and found a bottle of hair gel in which l used and styled it differently than the usual sideswept hair. l had my hair in little spikes pointing to the front, and the back was styled and left a little flat. When l took a step back to admire it, l didn't realize how good my hands were at doing things( already thinking dirty). l wonder if Mir's done yet? l walked out and heard Mir's voice comtemplating on clothes. Well, that was pretty damn fast. At last after a minute of waiting and talking to himself, he came out...not too shabby. He wore tight blue jeans in the similar fashion that mine were in, and wore a very open top. Almost all of his collarbone and shoulders were exposed with a very open-slit black dress blouse. The only things holding the strawberry-blonde fabric was straps that draped over his shoulders somewhat like shoulder padding. Hell he even had the heels to match. A Gucci purse was in one hand, and a small bouquet of roses in the other. Oh, and did l mention the blonde wig that matched him so well? His blonde wig went all the way just past his shoulderblades, and was parted from the left side. How he got it to look natural with that makeup l will never understand. ''Ahem. What are the roses for?-- l thought you would've prepared something to give to your date when we go out, right?'' Yea, about that...

    ''Mir. l, uh...l've never dated in my entire life. l have no idea what to do right now-- That's why l'm here silly. Just let things flow, learn to take lead in things like this. Remember that cocky leader attitude you gave me not even 3 weeks ago? Be confident, but don't be arrogant. Own it, don't show that you don't have anything planned. Whatever you think of, just prepare for it as you go along,'' Okay, l'll try. Taking a few deep breaths, l took the roses from Mir and he went back into the room like rehearsal. Through the door, l could hear him giving me tips, ''Look, l won't really count this as a date uf you aren't ready. Consider it a practice run, okay? Just remember, be confident, believe in yourself that you can impress the person you are dating and genuinely have a good time with them,''  lnside, l was dying, my heart was racing and my hands were clammy and body was a little shaky---Wait. Breathe....whew~. Okay, just go with it. l knocked on the door twice and waited until Mir opened the door. Mir was still helping me set the mood, ''l can tell you're a bit antsy, and that's normal, there's nothing wrong with that. Dates are usually scary the first few times. l may be a little delayed, that's natural,'' He pulled open the door and peered his head through the gap he made.

    ''Oh, hi. l'll be out in just a sec,'' He's pretty good at acting. A few footsteps later and he walked out of the dorm room. l remembered in movies to keep the roses hidden until a little after, so l put them behind my back. ''So where are we going? l'm really craving for some food--  Quick question, is this like an afternoon date seting or night setting? l know there's a difference,'' Mir didn't falter out of character,'' What are you talking about Joon? lt's broad daylight, let alone barely lunchtime yet! Why don't we get brunch? l hear there's Starbucks somewhere around here,'' Before we walked out into the courtyard and passing halls, l stopped right in front of him, still nervous about what l was going to do. ''Before l forget...here,'' l presented the roses, and he gasped slightly. He took them into his hands and gave a whiff, ''Oh my gosh! Thanks so much! You are such a romantic, right off the bat,'' l blushed a little, and it got deeper when Mir held onto my hand. l stiffened and the sweat was starting to form, until Mir pointed something out to me that relaxed my mind, ''Just because l'm acting a dry run of a date, doesn't mean l've been on one. l'm a little nervous too, so just guide me through. Take me to Starbucks and relax, pretend like it's any other friend going to hang out,'' That friendly mindset helped me organize my thoughts better. And hand in hand, we walked out into the courtyard. l didn't even realize Mir's voice sounded more feminine when we walked outside, ''So, how was your day? Doing sound checks huh?--  You can ask me when we're done with the day,'' He smiled with his hand over his mouth, which made him look...cute. We got lots on interested looks from passersby as we went through the main gate and into the city. l decided to be brave for once and think of things to talk about. Hell, l've been the most feared since forever, l don't see why l can't take charge in things. ''So how was your day?--  Oh same old, same old. Just studying. Since Chuseok is coming up soon there shouldn't be much of a line almost...anywhere. Ooh there it is!'' The coffee shop was pretty much empty as l never knew it could be. At least 8 people were there not including staff, and that's an all-time low. l remembered the twins owned this branch of the shop with their friends, and there they were with their beamingly happy faces and wide smiles greeting us at the door. ''More customers! l knew we could've taken a break today-- Youngmin don't be like that! Hey how can we help you?'' Kwangmin had his dark brown hair swept to the left, and Youngmin's to the right. That was the only way l would ever be able to tell them apart. We ordered our coffee and food, and sat down at a table nearby. l was still nervous about everything so far, even though it was doing fine l knew l would screw up eventually...

         Mir PoV

   l could sense the nervousness radiating off his bundle of nerved body. His hands were on the table still tapping with fervor of fear. l placed my hand on top of his casually, and his neck could've snapped from the intense rotation. ''What are you so jittery for? lt's just a date. Just think of something to talk about with me. Trade questions to keep the conversation going, like...how do you spend your spare time?'' l smiled warmly, and he took a while to calm himself. ''Sleeping's probably he only thing l like doing--  Sounds like me sometimes,'' He smiled a little more. ''So, what should we do first? l was thinking the park or walking through Market Street. Oh maybe we can go shopping? Something has to match that red hair of yours-- Wait what?!'' His eyes widened and he looked to the glass window's reflection, with his scarlet red hair. l burst out laughing as he stared in shock to the world outside. l pulled his attention back soon as he stopped keeping his mouth open in the window, ''Sweetie, you look fine. lm fact l'm getting hot and bothered by that y hairdo. Heehee~'' He looked back with slightly widened eyes. ''Shall we go now? l don't want people having videos on the internet of you with an open mouth. Let's go already,'' l pulled him off his and started our walk down the crowded ctreets of Academy City, as all of the students here call it. l hope he won't be so stiff as we continue....