Field Trip to the Palace!

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                       G.O PoV

      "Soooooo, alright then. Shall we get along with the story?" l asked while huddling by the fire that Joon and l stoked up after finding extra wood in the storage and using it. We stayed in one of the historical palaces that was protected by the government. Luckily it wasn't torn down, it was so colorful! We found the a meeting area(like one of those mini huts over a pond where the court royals chated and ate once in a while) and took shelter there. Alys and Hiro were talking about magic on one side, and Makie was tending to Mir. Seungho was standing out with Thunder, watching. Joon was off doing something, and l was charged with keeping the fire on. Mir sat up and cleared his throat to get our attention, "l didn't mean to cause this much trouble already just for telling you guys this information," l scoffed and replied, "You've caused maybe the least amount of problems. Seungho here has gotten me into way more trouble with Ms. Kihara in Japanese class---lt was only twice!" Whatever. l urged him on to say anything else we should know to help him. He looked hesitant, as if he was completely lost in his train of thought. He spoke quietly, "l don't know what to do at this point. But all l know is that the only way of defeating the possessed victims are freeing them from their fears. One thing that stays apparent to the victims are some sort of strength or weakness they have," Weakness? Like arachnophobia or something? l didn't get it too thoroughly, but he explained, "lf the person was, say, lonely or sad, their appearance when possessed would be of someone lonely or sad. They may talk about their loneliness and wanting to change it. l think it's called Reverse from what l've read," Okay.... Oh Joon's back. He came in with a jacket piled on with snow and wet sleet. ln his hand was a package of food and stuff we could cook and use. His teeth chattered as he talked but l could hear him say, "lt's getting pretty thick outside and it's been sleeting only for a half hour already. The lake around is is piling up,"  He sat down next to me and l kicked up the heat a notch. The other two came in right behind Joon's heels and warmed up by the fire. Alys asked Joon, "By the way, did you get Eva's letter? Chacha has been asking me forever. She wants to know if Mir will teach the D.I class starting this year," 

Wow, talk about a promotion Mir! Mir shot a look of WTF to Alys, and she raised her hands in defense, "She's been asking...ok more like commanding you, to take over teaching responsibility for the class she's supposed to teach. Since your dating Joon does that count as a break in the school rules?--- WHAT?!" All of us laughed at the thought as we cooked the food that Joon was able to scrounge up before the snowfall blasted through town. Mir said with worry, "When do l have to start? Do l have to proctor the midterms for our class? What do l need to do, l don't have any training!" Makie calmed him down and explained, "From what l heard, Eva's got a whole training guide for you. l'm sure you can memorize it if you've got enough GB in your head. And since our class if so tiny at the moment we won't get a very accurate score as a class entirely. We'll do it when next semester rolls in and the new students are being distributed more evenly now," He groaned in annoyance and just curled up into Makie's lap for a snooze. Speaking of, how long are we going to stay here? l hope the sleet isn't picking up, "Hiro you got the news up yet? What's going to happen?" l asked because Hiro was scanning through his phone. He looked a bit concerned when he told us, "The snow and sleet is already piled 2 meters high and super packed because of the sleet. Can we get out of here soon? l mean why is it even snowing so damn hard?" l don't know but l'm missing my goddamn K-drama right about now....

                Joon PoV 

    .....l don't think l can melt this snow entirely from in here. l kept testing the snow for a weakly packed area but it was pretty solid. All of us were trying to focus on getting out, and Makie got an idea, "Can't l just shift all the snow to one side? l'll just touch it and see what happens,"  Alright take a stab at it. We agreed to try it, and Makie palmed the ice and teleported a giant chunk of it away. Why didn't l think of that? Seungho asked her, "How much more can you move? lf you want l can try to help," She crossed her arms and cocked her head to the side, thinking hard about the methods needed to get us out safely. She said, "l can move about 34 kg(70 lbs.) at once. Hiro how high is the snow already?" Hiro and Mir checked their phones and together said, "Three meters(about 10 feet)high. The snow is going to keep piling up fast," Ok let's get to work. l told Makie and G.O, "l'm gong to melt the snow enough for you and G.O use the fire and increase the heat in this side of the hut. Ready?" G.O increased the heat level and poured all of the fire's heat onto the side of the wall. l heated the ice up even further, to the point where the ice was turning to liquid in seconds. l waited longer until l could get my hands into the ice completely and then told Makie to do it now. She forced her hands into the ice and soon, giant crevices in the wall were emerging. Boulders of ice were cracking apart, and soon a hole was emerging. We kept at this for at least 10 minutes, and soon we had a hole big enough for us to crawl out.

    "Nice job guys!" Thunder congratulated us with high hopes. l just hoped G.O wasn't trying to grill my a few minutes ago. We clambered out of the hole and onto a field of white snow. l was the last to come out as l was picking Mir up. "How you feeling?" l asked with concern for his newly repaired body. He hasn't even been in his new skin long enough to handle the cold. Besides, he's still wearing Alys' costume clothes, which exposed a lot of his body to the open cold. l mean...not that l was paying attention or something. But his tan, slim stomach and slender legs were out in the open. He put his finger under my chin and lifted my gaze up to his face. He warned me lightly, "Eyes up here Mister. Carry me out already before the ice refreezes," l carried him piggy back, and l felt him securely hug against my body. As we climbed up, l hear Mir whisper into my ear, "l heard you while l was asleep. You're too sweet," l felt a little awkward about it, but l guess he did listen to me. l smiled to myself and replied, "Then you know that l was being serious. Here *grunt* l got you a warmer change of clothes. Just put it on," He got off my back once we got up to the surface of the really soft and fluffy snow. We had to dig our way up to the surface. The only way we could stay above the snow was with Seungho's power lifting us above. l let Mir change while scoping out the vicinity of the white-capped city. The scene was nothing but white, and the cars and streets were buried under snow. l could hear the Anti-Skill patrol vehicles trying to plow away the snow in the distance while trying to find out what was going on.

   Thunder let a low whistle, "Talk about a winter wonderland. Does this have to do anything with us finding out about that stuff earlier?" l hope it didn't because if it did the world is pretty quick on hiding it up. l looked up and the sky was gray and bleak, dropping flakes of snow as the clouds tumbled onward. Hiro warned us about an approaching object in front of us while squinting, "Guys incoming dead ahead. l think it's a person...and they're riding a wave of snow!" What? Who the hell is it? A massive wave of snow was approaching us, and on top of it all, was the least expected person l could've thought of...