A Promise, to the Moon and back

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                            Mir PoV

      l could feel my blood draining from my body, making me weak. l have to do it now! l took a deep breath and sang as loudly as l could. There was always one melody l heard Joon always humming to himself when l fell asleep. l thought l could use that as well along with my mermaid voice powers. When l sang, the pain from my neck rapidly went away, as Joon stood up and stumbled away from me in pain. He clutched his head and fell to his knees, weak from whatever hurt him. Maybe l was getting through to him, mermaid voices were potent and able to pierce almost anything. Way to go, Mermaid power! l kept singing until l felt too weak to sing and my voice faded away into the silent night. Joon was reeling in pain still from the song, and growled something unearthly. He struggled to get up, and l couldn't do anything to help him. l was too weak from getting my blood taken away. l could also hear gagging noises form him, as if he were vomiting up the blood he drank from me. l tried to stop the blood from running, but whatever Joon did to me it wouldn't stop. Oh no...l'll die from it if my blood doesn't clot! Using whatever healing magick l learned from Maggie, l was finally able to stop the blood flow before l passed out. l kept my hand on my neck as l got up, trying to see if Joon was okay. He seemed to have stopped throwing up blood, and was now kneeling quietly in the snowy grass field. "Joon---Mir!" l began but was cut off by him. He looked at me surprised, as if he didn't remember anything that just happened. l gave him a hug, and he hugged me back panting hard. His body was shaking violently as he hugged me.

    "l almost....Mir are you okay? l'm so sorry," l hugged him tighter and patted his head. He was kneeling down and l was standing up, his head fell against my chest. Joon gripped my jacket tight and began to shed tears and cry. l tried to comfort him in my dizzy state, "Shhh~ lt's all over now. You'll be fine---l'm not fine... l almost killed you! l...l'm so sorry Mir," Out of nowhere l started to cry as well, falling to my knees to meet head to head. l wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "l was so afraid l would lose you. l'm happy you're back now," He just continued to cry into my shoulder until l told him to get up. He got up slowly, not daring to look at my face whatsoever. He stopped crying, but l could still see his face was really red and tear-streaked. l pulled at his arm, but he shied away from me. Just from him doing that it made my heart shatter into pieces. He turned around and said to me, "l'm sorry. l am so sorry for whatever l did to you, and the blood...l can't do this. lf another full moon comes again, l'll hurt you again. And l can't...bear it. We should probably....." He didn't have to finish that thought before l got angry and right hooked him in the face. l can't believe him! l started to yell at him, "You think after just one day of being official you can call it off because it's too dangerous? You think you are going to make a better choice by running away to protect ME!? l can't believe you would do something like that! Why!?" His head bowed a little lower, and l was worried that he was going to actually leave me hanging after only ONE day of being together. He began his reply quietly, "l'm worried that l can't get full on animals anymore, so l don't want you around me in case it happens again---WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? IF YOU'RE SUFFERING I SURE AS HELL NEED TO SUFFER RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!" He looked at me angrily and grabbed hold of my shoulders tightly.

"You don't think this hurts ME too?! Why can't you see why l'm doing this? l'm doing this BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! I can't hurt the things l love, especially not you," He yelled it back to me, suddenly pushing me away from him. l was right to worry, we were going to fight about something serious. l just didn't want it to be now. All of my emotions were at an all-time high, and the snow began to fall again. l looked at him and commanded him to look at me, "Joon. JOON! Look at me- LOOK at ME! Does this face looks like they care if you bite them? Does THIS face look like they're about to give up? You're my partner, and you swore to me that you would go to the depths of hell for me. You've been there plenty of times already, do you want to be sent there again by the person you swore to? l love you, that's all that l know and care about," He grabbed me again and hugged me tightly, now in full sobbing mode. Hot tears rolled down his cheeks and onto my head with the snowflakes. l hugged him back and didn't say anything until he said something first.  "l love you so much. l've never felt this way about a person in my centuries of existing. l don't want it to be gone so soon. l just, l'm too hungry right now," He sounded like he did the most damned of all sins and betrayed the world. l hugged him back even tighter, thinking of ways to make this situation any less cold or terrible. l told him, "You're my partner in crime, love, school, everything. We need to support one another, and if that means l need to funnel crystals, potions, spells, and hell even blood. As you're partner l need to protect you and provide you with whatever you need. lf you need magick, take it from me.....Wait, that's it!" l sprung apart form the hug with an idea that made me feel like the most idiotic person in the universe. Joon looked at me confused, as l took a tree branch and began to trace a circle into the snow.

  A few minutes after standing in the cold weather and drawing out a circle, l tossed it away and held hands with Joon. We stood at the center of the circle, hands joined together. Joon looked around us asking, "What's all this for Mireu?" l cleared my mind out, and began to chant quietly. Joon didn't interrupt me, but my voice grew louder and louder as l chanted. The circle around us glowed, basking us in a brilliant golden light. lnside the circle, it was warming up, and the snow was melting underneath our feet. Once the circle was at full power, l stopped and asked him one last time, "Joonie...Are you willing to go to the depths of Hell for me?" He didn't hesitate at all and said, "Yes, to the core of Hell and the highest heaven above, l will be there," l smiled, and planted a kiss onto his lips. The circle glowed pink, and then green, a whole multitude of colors until it stopped on light blue. He seemed extra confused and l just kept going, "Then under this Contract, under the witness of the Moon, you will become my partner. l invoke the powers of the gods in this night, and in this hour. To call upon the ancient power to two. May this pact forever be held until death...PACTIO!"  l kissed Joon's lips again, deeper this time until all l could taste was him. l couldn't care more about the blood on his lips, l just wanted him. The light condensed into one single ray of light, shooting high up into the sky. The beam seemed to have connected with the moon, making everything around us bathe in aqua blue light. l tightened my kiss on Joon's lips, and he responded by groping my once more. l don't care anymore about that, he could do it all day if he wanted to. The light grew faint and shrunk down even more, until it was just a little ball of blue light. l parted ways with Joon's mouth, and watched the little ball lodge itself into Joon's chest. lt sunk into his body, and the whole clearing seemed to feel much more warmer now. l wanted to move but my legs felt weak, and l felt myself fall towards the ground...

                                    Joon PoV

    "Mir!" l stepped forward and grabbed onto his arm, pulling him up against my body for support. l held him against my body and checked his forehead again. His skin was hot to the touch. , not again. And all because of me...  l grabbed Mir and gave him a piggy back ride all the way back to the inn. The snow fell in circles around us, but it was not too extreme to walk in. Mir was still conscious so  asked him, "Mir, what did you do just now to me? Did it hurt you?" Mir hugged my neck and nuzzled into my back with his head. He told me quietly, "You needed magick to fuel you, now you have magick. l can't stop you from wanting blood, it's a mental thing for you. lnstead, l'll provide you with my magick and powers. Every magician needs a partner of sorts to protect them. l'll explain once we get back to the inn," l pulled him in tight against my back, having to coincidentally hold him by his . l was expecting resistance, but he didn't seem to care. l began to run towards the inn, gaining speed until we arrived within a few minutes of running. l headed straight for the hot bath, and got us both into the water. Mir sat in the steamy bath with me, back against my chest this time. l poked his head and asked him again what he did to me earlier. He sighed lightly and tilted his head back to look at me. He said, "Magickians are usually not that physically able in battle because they spend a lot of time using their magick. Of course now they are taught how to fight, but they can't do it alone. A mage must have a partner to help and protect them, a ministra magi. The two undergo a contract, that allows the Ministra Magi to gain even stronger powers. They borrow their powers off of the magickian and protect them with rare and powerful Artifact cards. You got one by making a contract with me. Even now, you're using my magick to feed yourself--- Well stop it! l don't want it!" He's giving up all of his energy...for me? He smiled back at me and l tried to stop him, "You can't do this to me. l don't want you to give yourself up just so l don't feed on something. Make it stop already!" l felt tears behind my eyes beginning to brim.

   His hand caressed my cheek gently. His hazel eyes looked back at me with such a loving expression it made me shed tears. 

"l can't....*sniff* l don't deserve it. Please don't make this hard on me," l hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead, shaking a little while crying.

"You big crybaby. l'm dating a child now, am l a pedo? l'm not making this hard on you. lf you dare push me away ever again, l will come back and love you even harder," Mir made those words sound like they were dripping with sweet honey. l look like a ing loser right now, crying and sniveling into my boyfriend's hair. l just let the waterworks explode, and Mir was there holding me the entire time.

"Please," l began in between episodes of crying, "Stop me if l ever go crazy. l never want to hurt you," He let out a light laugh and l looked at him.

"l can't promise you a painless boyfriend, but he sure as hell will save you from whatever you lodged yourself into. Can you let go, and trust me for once?" He sat up and kissed my tears away. l just nodded and cried even more from overwhelming emotions of happiness. Mir gave me a stern look, and his eyes were starting to tear up also. He said, "Stop crying already! lf you keep crying l'm going to start crying~mmgh!" He kissed me again on the lips, calming my nerves down a little bit. What we didn't realize at all, was that we were still in the pool. When we faced each other and kissed, our uhm...certain boy body parts were rubbing against mine. "Uhhh...is that what l think it is?" Mir asked and didn't dare move from his position until l palmed his cute bubbly . l felt my pride and confidence rise as l gauged the size of Mir's boy bits and said to him, "Wow, you really are sixteen--- UWAH! What are you looking at??" He jumped apart in shame, and l just laughed until my stomach hurt. l held his hand and got out of the water, making sure to get a peek at Mir's junk. He was so paranoid he made me wait until he got his towel on first. We walked back to the room and went to bed, talking about other things and what we should do today. The sun was peaking over the horizon, and we went outside and drank cups of coffee while watching the sun rise. His head laid against my shoulder, and l wrapped myself around him while the golden sun lit up the world. l kissed his forehead and told him l loved him, when he looked up at me with those loving eyes l've never felt before. He got out of my hug and went back inside to prepare for today's date. l smiled to myself thinking how lucky l was to have a person that truly cared or me so much. l have lived so long that l don't even really remember my mother's touch at all. lf there is a God, Goddess, or Mermaid out there in the universe l am truly thankful for you giving up Mir to me. ln the middle of my thinking, l felt the back of my head get hit with a pair of pants.

     "How long are you going to watch the sun? l wanna go have breakfast and have fun already! NO BUTS, you're going to have fun today with me no matter what! l PROMISE YOU THAT!" Mir was hanging into thinner clothing as the weather quickly got warmer. He really is too sweet for me~

    "l'm coming! And you better keep your word on that promise!" A promise huh? Then that means l have to promise...that l'll love you forever.