When Thunder Meets Lightning...

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                        Thunder PoV

             Where is my goddamn board eraser? Ugh these s took it again didn't they? And this is why you shouldn't be a tutor/student teacher at nineteen teaching a bunch of teenagers. l'm known as The Park Demon for a reason. At least they don't throw stuff back at me. l walked back to the office area where my sunbae was smoking casually. ''Can you not smoke up the entire room Siwon?'' He looked up from his materials and sighed, putting out the cigarette in the ashtray.

''Can't a teacher relax in his own workroom? At least Jaejoong does,'' He is one lazy fart. ''l have to take over his classes dammit! You think that helps with my own? l've gotta commute to two schools!'' He waved it off and turned around in his swivel chair about ready to light another one RIGHT after l told him, ''Then don't tutor afterschool and let the other teachers handle it. You look dead almost everyday,''  Maybe you're right, but all of these student need as much help as possible to pass the midterm exams coming up soon. l slumped into my chair and thought about what l was going to do afterschool today. Should l stay or just head back to Onluka? l decided to just get back to school and prep for night classes. l went out into the hall, and something was nagging at the back of my mind. What was it? Oh well....wait. , it's Changmin's birthday! l totally forgot to give him his present! Well l do have some time, but a card isn't gunna cut it. l ran out to the store and looked for anything suitable. Scanning over the jewelry stations, l found the one watch Changmin liked, and rushed to his house to find something to my surprise.

     Changmin was with someone besides the others, holding hands. Here's the cherry: the ring. The ring on the girl's finger threw me off as l stood there at the door. l think he might have noticed me and l snapped out of my daze. My smile was plastered on and l walked up to the party. ''Am l too late for the man of the hour's gift opening? He smiled, ''Never too late for a last gift,'' Hahaha. l handed him the little box and he set it down onto the table, ''Oh have you met my fiance yet? l forgot to tell you about her last time. This is Suzi,'' The girl smiled, and l forced one in reply. Using my ability, l faked my ringtone and picked up my phone, feigning that it was urgent, ''Huh? Again with the....alright alright, but l'm at Changmin's it's gunna take a bit. Ok l'm coming now,'' Changmin had raised a brow at me, and l looked apologetic.

''l'm sorry that l can't stay. l got you the watch that you wanted when we went to the mall two months ago. l hope you like it! See ya later,'' l rushed out the door as soon as l could and kept running down the stairs until l burst out of the lobby of his apartment and ran all the way into the empty Fountain Park. The place was unnerving with beautiful sights, as if to taunt me. The crisp blue jets of water soared in perfect arcs back into other fountain pools. The trees were in shades of beautiful reds and yellows. l ran into one of the open patios with the dome overhead and sat with my thoughts swimming. He was getting married, and yet... l mean l don't really care about that, but why am l crying about it? lt's not like l...like him or anything. The hot tears still came running down my face even after l told myself there was nothing wrong. What the hell?! The water flowing through the canals of the park area grew rough with the water starting to spill out of control, and the arcs of flowing water were interrupted by my high-pitch shrill. A tremor was building in power and my distress was causing it to grow. ! Calm down Thunder....calm down! Just as l thought l would break, something came flying towards me. A large bottle rocket crash landed right in front of me, knocking the tremor dead to a halt. What the was that, and where did it come from?

      As if to answer my question, someone popped out of the bushed looking for the thing. A young boy with black hair came running and picked it up. l looked at him not knowing what to do, but when he looked at me, he decided in a split second that he would pull me away. All he said to me was, ''Come with me,''. Um how about no? He looked only about 14, and yet he was this strong to pull me around. Seconds later, l found myself next to a few older gentleman enjoying a drink, and they passed me one with no questions asked. ''So, Hiro brought another one to join in on today's fun?'' So that's who he is? l found out a little bit more about him as they talked. All of the older men were presidents of big companies, and the one launching the bottle rocket was CEO of a space program. Hiro had long black hair which fell all around his face in spiked little tufts. His eyes were hazel, and he was of somewhat slightly thin build for a kid still growing. He apparently was left in an orphanage(which actually sounds plausible), and grew up with his aunt Cassie once he was found. Since when does a kid his age have to share his salary to the orphanage and work 6 part-time jobs without getting questioned? Whoever is pulling the strings of fate here should really cut them off. How would there be any chance in hell that one person noticed me when l was crying? There just couldn't be any chance at all...


        After a few hours of spending time with these strangers l didn't know(each of the three men looked of different nationalities), they decided to leave later(again with the fate thing), letting me and Hiro awkwardly sit next to each other watching the sun set in the grass field. l broke the ice, ''So Hiro. Why did you bring me here with you?'' The teen boy sighed lightly and kept his gaze to the sky, ''Because you looked sad, so l wanted to cheer you up,'' The sheer thought of it made me laugh. A stranger, let alone a kid decided to help me.

''Thanks for the thought, but l should get going now,'' l got up quickly, and he followed suit.

''l have something to ask you,'' He pulled back on my arm, and l turned around to his serious face. He had angular features, which shone in the sunlight.

''l don't think l can help you---You can!'' l just left him and started my walk towards my apartment feeling a lot more cheerier in a way...but l could hear his footsteps following behinds me. And the entire time he followed me, he was spouting things l tried not to pay attention to.

   ''l need your help to get into my college courses!---You're only what, fifteen? You're a genius go figure it out!,'' l tried to pick up my pace, but l noticed he was at least a head taller than l was, which meant longer legs meant for walking.

''Really! l heard you are the top teacher in Seoul lnternational!--- Well l'm not taking any special tutoring sessions,'' Still picking up the pace, l made it to my door, but he was still pushing for my help.

''Seriously, l don't think l can help you, just leave!'' l opened the door and slammed it quick, feeling a little pissed off. l took a deep breath and leaned back against my door for a moment and threw my things onto the counter. But one sound was missing. Metal keys. . l turned back and went outside to get my key, but the object was nowhere near it's last place l left it. Dammit he took it. Just my luck...that's it l'm just gunna go sleep!

    The next morning was bright and cold. The light got to my eyes, and l opened them slowly to see a face mere centimeters away. Hiro! He smiled at me and then backed up, letting me sit up with a jolt, ''Morning. l made breakfast already, so l will check up on you later after l get off my shift--- Just leave my keys here and get the hell out!'' l was shocked that he would come in here so early without me noticing, considering l am nicknamed THUNDER for my sound wave abilities. l didn't even get a chance to eat yesterday, and my stomach was growling at the sheer thought and smell of food. As much as l somewhat disliked his perky attitude, l wanted food. Practically leaping out of my bed, l made a dash to the table. Woah. That was a lot of food l've never seen fit on my table all at once. Eggs, bacon, breads, etc. l don't need THIS much. l stuffed as much as possible into my awaiting stomach, and he sat there smiling like a goofball. Something tells me he still wants...

''Does this mean that you've accepted me and now l can study under you?--her nuuh! *swallow* l told you l won't....uh,'' He flipped the switch and went sad, with a distant look on his face.

''l'm doing this for my brother. There was an accident at his university, which branched from Seoul International, and he died trying to save a professor who wasn't even in the building. l want to fulfill his wish for me, to quit being in shady alleyways and robot-fighting for whatever amount of money,and put my brain to use. l wish he was still here to say he wouldn't give up on me. He had hopes that l could get into Korea's top universities once we moved from Japan,'' And that changes my view because....sigh. l'm a er for sappy stories.

''Come back once your shift is over, it's going to be rigorous studying, so you better get ready,'' lnstantly his face lit up again, ''l promise l'll do my best!'' What did l drag myself into???

--Few Days Later---

       l came back home after classes and work, to come home with a kid snoozing in the corner. Still working six jobs and still studies way after the evening... l thought to myself as he suddenly woke up. l walked over and took a look at his work. He greeted me with an apology, and one of his books in Hiro's lap, ''Ah! l'm sorry l dozed off while reading one of Max's books. You like this author a lot don't you?'' What makes you think that? ''Well, you have two copies of each of his book---Did you just read my mind?'' He stopped in his tracks to think. So he's an Esper! "Ok, l admit it. l...l have this...ability. lt's like telepathy or something. l hope that doesn't freak you out---lt's fine.l'm an Esper as well,'' He looked at me with puzzled eyes. l guess he doesn't really know...

  ''An Esper is short for any one with extrasensory perceptions, or people with certain abilities that normal people wouldn't have. Some powers are advanced knock-offs of others. Like controlling water and then controlling ice. Psychics have so many variations we just grouped them into the category instead of a class,'' Hiro looked at me with fascination, and then looked red and embarrassed.

''l sorta, kinda heard your voice when you were at the water park. l decided to come by and help....l mean l didn't know what to do and it kinda hit my mind with a sad force,'' He's an Empathy user. l'm pretty sure that would lead to A LOT of different abilities under his belt, ''Actually, l wanna enroll into Onluka Academy. People said it was a reform school, but l thought l should make sure that l didn't have anything wrong with me--- There's nothing wrong with you,'' A pang of disappointment ran through my whole being, and tears started to swell in the corners of my eyes.

''Don't ever think that you are wrong, you are right, it's them that are wrong. They don't know the struggles of being someone else not expected of them. lt's happened to me once. l don't ever want to make that mistake again...'' The waterworks started and tears of hot anguish and pain fell from my eyes, but l kept myself composed, ''Go wash up, you can stay for dinner and l'll grade your paperwork,'' Hiro got up without saying a word, but l could hear his voice right in my mind, telling me l'm always here if you need help...thats why... Oh well.

....All correct. This kid pisses me off. He came out of the shower a few minutes later all steamy and wet, with his hair dripping water onto the towel he had over his shoulder. Seriously, this fifteen year old is taller than me? Did l not drink enough milk? ''Hey, how tall are you? You're supposed to be four years younger than me!--- l'm 194 cm. You know what they say, children who sleep grow tall,'' Such bull! ''You're huge! How you even fit into the doorway boggles me...Uhm, anywho l'll give you your next assignment after we have dinner--- l'll make it! You just relax for a while,'' l was going to head back to my room, when l accidentally stumbled over a large pile of my class materials that l stacked up to the ceiling. The tower of papers and books toppled over, and l braced for impact ducking to the ground....? After the materials fell, l felt something encompassing me, something warm. l looked up and Hiro's face was only centimeters away from my face. ''Are you okay?'' He asked with a smile. l got up and felt flustered, starting to yell at him, ''You didn't need to do that! Actually, you should probably leave!--- *DING DONG*'' l stopped my rant right before it even started, and went to get the door. Changmin greeted me with a concerned face, ''Hey where have you been the past few days? l try to catch you during lunch break or afterschool but l can't find you at all, are you okay?'' Just seeing his face gave me a sea of emotions. Fear? Anger? Desire? Sadness? l thought to myself as he put his cold hands onto my head and ruffled my hair. Please...just go, l don't know what to do or say... l replied with a failing amount of pride, ''No need to worry about me, but thanks for your concern,'' He really was worried, and asked me more questions, ''Are you sick? Have you been eating well?'' Right before l could reply large warm hands wrapped around my face and waist, and l could only hear Hiro's voice behind me saying, ''l'm sorry, but l'm taking Thunder back now,'' and he yanked me back into the room, with the door slamming all on it's own. What the hell...?