Date #2, Ruined(?)

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                             Mireu PoV

     Splash Landing! l whisked us away in a water current that brought us all the way back to the bath pool at the inn. We hit the water hard, with my mer-body on top of a submerged Joon. Oops, sorry! l rolled off of Joon and he sat up gasping for air. l forgot that my tail may have made me much more heavier. "l'm sorry! l didn't mean to crush you," Joon was all soaking wet now, from head to toe. He was wearing blue shorts(thankfully, sort of, very thin), and his tank top revealed his toned body underneath. My sailor outfit that came with Lauris was soaked too, revealing my thin frame. We looked at each other, and l was the first to blush. He sat upright and asked, "What's the matter? ls there something on me?" He looked at his body, seemingly oblivious that l could see almost everything of him through his wet clothes. l felt flustered, as the water droplets on his tanned body made him sparkle a little. Joon moved his hair and slicked it back, making a naughty face at me. Stop thinking stop thinking stop thinking! "You look a little flustered, what's wrong?---You is what's wrong! YOU'RE BASICALLY !" l yelled at him as he was walking towards me. He smile and said, "At least we made it out of there alive before getting crushed by reporters," HE WAS GETTING CLOSER TO ME~!!!!! The door to the bath then opened, and Granny was on the other side of it peering in. She seemed worried about s and asked i we were okay. "Are you two okay? l heard of what happened at the park. And is that LAURIS? Wait, it's Mir l forgot. lt's all over the news. Come quickly an see," With that she closed the door and let us get changed. l let my tail split and become my two legs once more. Joon saw me as l changed back and was in slight disgust. "Are you sure you don't feel that?--- lt's much easier after the first few transformations," l got out of the bath cautiously, avoiding Joon's gaze as much as possible.  l kind of forgot the tiny detail that Joonie is sort of a y old man. l wore my hair into the black body suit that l normally use if l want to dry out my body quickly. After l finished l joined Joon to go see the commotion on the TV. 

   The camera panned went back to the reporter and they reported, "The alleged mermaid identified as Lauris showed up today at the Busan amusement park today, saving many people from an out of control ride. Eyewitness accounts also have stated that a person with superhuman strength attempted to stop the boat ride. Who could this other person be? The man seemed to be in league with the mermaid Lauris, working together to stop this incident from being severe. But the real question still on everyone's mind is Who is LAURIS? ls she an actual mermaid, and could there be there legendary creatures out there that still exist? The mermaid and the man both sang a song that could be heard from all around the park, and then disappeared with Lauris towards the beach. Reporters and scientists alike are looking for this duo all across the beach and neighboring areas as well. One innkeeper at the Pacifica Inn gave information, stating that Lauris is from a local port village's culture. lt was rumored that a girl would sing just before disasters struck, and Lauris would come and protect the sailors on their trips. More about this hot story later today at 5 pm,"  My hand was almost crushed by the strength of Joon's hands. On the outside, he seemed smiley enough. But underneath that facade l could feel the strange eerie emotions Joon was thinking. 

   "You're hurting my hand--- And you're drawing attention to us when l'm supposed to be your only attention," He hissed through his teeth. l sneakily pecked Joon's lips while Granny wasn't looking, and he finally let go. l rubbed my hands together to get rid of the red marks. Outside, l could hear some commotion and Joon cursed under his breath. "What's going on, can you hear what they're saying?"  l asked Joon as Granny looked out the window to see what's going on. Joon replied, "They're coming into the inn to ask Granny some questions for an interview. We should hide," Joon grabbed my hand and led us back towards our room. "Please don't say anything about us to the press Granny--- lt's the least l should do," And with that we scuttled away to our room. Too bad we couldn't make it in time, and we had to force ourselves into a closet nearby. l was squished in between Joon and the wall of the closet. His chest was pressed against mine, and l could feel his warm breath against my forehead. l could also feel his gaze looking down on me(Joon's a vampire, remember that. He's got better night vision than my mouse eyes). l tried to move, but all l felt was his muscled body radiating heat. He purred and whispered. "Watch where you're touching. l'm getting excited," Okay, that's enough of that. l stood still until the crowd of reporters left the vicinity. Joon cracked open the door and we snuck out way back to the room. l belly flopped onto the bad and curled up in the soft blankets, while Joon went to grab a drink from the fridge. He put a cold can against my neck, and l jumped up in surprise. l took it and drank it slowly, "Gaa~h! All this attention for a fish tail is kind of scary," l said as l finished my drink and threw it away. Joon then got up and slapped my really hard, and l let out a yelp of surprise. Oow~ What the hell was that for? l scolded him, "You didn't have to hit that hard! lt's going to leave a mark, oh geez," l rubbed my to take away the pain, and Joon was just watching me smugly. He told me, "To be honest l prefer you without a tail. l can't slap you in the bum and make you sound cu~te. And besides Mireu, didn't you say you didn't care if l did things like that?" 

      l didn't say anything like that! l glared at him as menacingly as l could, and he raised his eyebrows as to hint at what he said. l thought for a second and l remembered our kiss in the woods. W-wait a second! You read my mind even there! l can't get rid of you! Well, whatever. l signed up for this any ways when l said l would date him. Have we even been on a good date that wasn't interrupted by me screaming into the water? l can never tell if Joon is listening to me, l have no privacy! Joon piped up after a few minutes of watching me creepily, "You want to have a date here in the suite? We can make dinner, relax, play some games, have some....fun?" That last word sent chills down my spine. l'm sure he want to do something dirty to me. And l know l'm against it, but why am l so against it? l'm glad Joon made us a date for staying in, but there are some ground rules l need to establish. l cleared my throat and tried to lecture into his thick skull what we couldn't do, "Okay, first of all. NO GRABBING. Second of all, l don't want anything super spicy, so don't sneak in like death peppers okay? We need to go buy some stuff for dinner. Finally, no surprise kisses okay? Those make me jumpy and then l get all super defensive and l can't focus," Joon looked a little sad with pouty cheeks, but those are the rules! He sighed, "Fii~ne. You're ruining all of my fun. l'll go get the stuff from the store, so what do you want to eat? l'm sure we brought enough money to get some good food," l thought about it for a while and then l came up with, "Let's have Budaejjigae(Korean Army Stew). l haven't had that in a while! Huh, what's so funny?" Joon stifled a laugh and smiled. He chuckled, "Hehehe, BOOTY-jjigae," OH COME ON. l gave him a look of dissatisfaction and he went on his way to the market. l swear l'm dating a y old man that acts like he's seven. What did l get myself into???

                          Joon PoV

     ln order to hide myself better in public, l wore a hoodie and glasses out to the market. And just to be extra safe, l also tied by hair up into a tiny ponytail with whatever hair l could gather up. The reporters were still here at the inn interrogating Granny for any more details, so l snuck out through the patio stairway. l took the bus over to the market, where it was bustling as always with hard hustling women. These ladies are probably notorious for business transactions being super fast and persuasive. lf you ever look at them in the eyes, that's it your done. You'd probably sell them your left kidney and a new house for a few clams haha. l walked through the market, buying what l thought would be good in the stew for tonight. Fresh ramen noodles, clams, fish cakes, green onion, cabbages, meats, whatever l could find. l was lucky l still had my head after that trip of hard hustling ajummas. l was worried l'd have to sell off Mir to go get some scallops too. l took a look around for anything else l should buy, and l thought of getting a little gift for Mireu. What would he like? Look, l know we've been only dating for like maybe less than 48 hours so gimme a break. l looked around the shops near the market and discovered a lot of cute things. l spotted a stall where they were selling accessories of all kinds. For phones, hair, pins, all sorts of stuff. Mir's hair does get pretty long(long enough for hair hands, sheesh), l wonder if he would like a hair clip? lt sounded cheesy even in my head, but l thought it would look nice. There were a whole crap ton of barrettes with special designs on them, and one especially caught my eye. There was a pair of pink bunny barrettes that l could imagine Mir wearing. And then l imagined him wearing those Playboy bunny ears, which led me to him wearing a mesh dress.......Huh? What was l doing again? Oh right, drooling over Mir for some reason. Hehehe, oops.

   l bought the clips and walked around a bit more, looking for dessert ideas after dinner. l decided to buy fruit and red beans for some shaved ice after our meal. After a while, l heard a lot of murmuring throughout the marketplace. l kept an ear out for any problems when l came to realize who they were talking about. Me. Aw ! There were reporters already swarming the scene looking for people in my description. l was able to dodge them for a while and weaving through the crowd. But those damn reporters are RIDICULOUSLY lucky or strategic about how they move. l was pretty much surrounded by news reporters from various stations all looking for me. l had no choice but to go up or down. "Look, there's someone!" OH FFS! l wanted to slip away into the shadows but it would take too long. Okay, time to take Korean Airlines! l bent my knees and jumped off the ground, forcing myself to balance out my center of gravity. There were camera flashes and gasps of astonishment as people saw me bounce my way back to the inn. Even THEN, the reporters were trying to follow me. Ugh, MIR SAVE ME! I'M BEING FOLLOWED! Thank the gods that Mir heard me somehow, as l was instantly moved back to our room. l dropped the groceries on the counter and plopped right into the chair. l sighed, "Sheesh, they're like fangirls out there! We can't leave this room at all for the next four days that we're here...Why are you in bed?" l looked back and saw that Mir was in bed covered up, acting sort of shady. l'm going to have to investigate that later... "Well hurry the hell up and help me make dinner--- You don't have to be so rude about it," l got Mir to get up and help me prepare the food and get it boiling and ready to go. We talked about the crazy reporters and how the hell to get away from them just in case anything happened. The stew smelled great as we waited for it to get ready. "l also bought some stuff to make patbingsu. Except we only have like, blocks of ice in the fridge. You wanna help with that then?" l asked Mir as l brought the stew over to the burner and got the table ready. Mir prepare the dessert and let it cool in the fridge as we ate.

   "Ah~ lt smells amazing! Thanks for buying all of this Joon," His wide smile melted away any stress l felt from earlier. GAWD, l just wanted to steal a kiss, but l was bound by my honor not to. We ate our stew with gusto after not eating for a few hours after playing. The stew tasted great, and we talked about other things we never really got the time to talk about. There was a moment where Mir dropped the conversation. He seemed anxious so l asked him, "You okay? Did l say something wrong?" He shook his head quickly and said, "No, it's just that...l wanted to share something with you. l learned about...my past before l forgot everything. Maggie told me all about it," Oh. Wow, well that's something to talk about. l listened intently as l discovered more about Mir and his past. Based on what he told me, he sounded pretty happy even though there were some bad things. Of course being the good boyfriend l am, l listened to him while we ate. The thing about Korean etiquette is every man for themselves when it comes to food. l almost finished a good third of the food while Mir was talking. Too bad l couldn't finish it off once Mir caught on and stopped me. Mir said, "You are cut off Mister! No dessert for you!" l tried to make my most pouty and sad face as possible, and Mir hesitated. l apologized a cutely as l could, "l'm sowwy Miwoo~ ---- Okay, never do that again, and you'll get your dessert," l smiled at his cringed expression, finished the food and cleaned up. Time for Dessert! Yaaa~y!