Light at the End of The Tunnel

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                            Mir PoV

          "Come on already! How long are you going to stay in here? It's been at least a few months now and you've died too many times for me to keep count!" Evangeline shouted out to me constantly as she pummel my mental body to death every time.  She was getting pissed that I wasn't able to answer her question, and so was I. What is Darkness? I have no idea at all!  Evangeline then yelled out of frustration and said, "I can't believe I have to make this easy on you! What was I thinking using this on such a novice!? You'll have one last chance or you will die in reality!"  Out of nowhere, the horizon of the land that we were in darkened to pure blackness. The shadows crept further and further towards the sky until everything was erased from my vision and I saw nothing. Heard nothing, felt nothing. Smelled anything. All of my senses were shut down and I was left in empty black space. I couldn't even hear myself breathe or my blood flowing. Darkness huh? It was said that Darkness was the Creator of all Life, and that Light came from the Darkness. Darkness is nothing, and yet it is everything.  I wracked my brain for a very long while (I think?) and thought deeply on my answer. My idea of Darkness will release me from Phantasmagoria. All I've ever known in life is sadness and fear. I barely know anything more about me than my life before and after getting into Onluka Academy.  Now that I have more friends I've finally have something nice in my life. I'm not that scared anymore, of anything....???

          Darkness is everything, and nothing. In the end, everything returns to Darkness, and Darkness Creates the Light once more. One is never stronger than the other, they just work. I have both my past and my present, both so different as well. What about the future?  I don't want to stay in Darkness forever, but the Light is too blinding.  Good and Evil, Weakness and Strength. There is never one side, so there must be both!  I took a deep breath and shouted out as loud as I could, "DARKNESS IS ACCEPTANCE!". As soon as I said that, streams of light poured into my vision, as the black darkness was being collected around me. I could finally see around me and my body, but I was all black and everything else was pure white.  Evangeline's voice pierced through the space that I was in, "Finally~ You really are dense aren't you? You've wasted so much time, and you finally passed. Yawn~ Now get the hell out of here. I'm tired,"  And with that said, everything went dark again, and then I opened my eyes to the real world. I blinked a few times and looked around to see the clear blue sky and the palace buildings around me. The snow I last remembered seeing was completely gone...but where is everyone? I slowly got up from the ground and looked around the area for my friends. Did everything just go away? I walked towards the entrance of the palace and saw Evangeline waiting at the front.

        She gave a look of disdain and said, "Ugh, your weakness makes me sick. You have very much more to learn, but not from me. Not yet at least. You've got too much to sort out right now. Go back to school, you've got teaching to do," Wait what? Teaching? I wanted to ask about what she meant, but she had already walked away. I'm so confused....hngh. Whatever, I don't remember anything up to now. I walked towards the bus station and saw everyone else there all bruised up and hurt.  "Hee~y! What happened to you guys?" I ran over to help them, and they all looked at me with mixed emotion. The guys look beat up, but the girls seemed okay.  Makie came up to me and put me in a quick headlock while giving me a big noogie. "Oww oww~! What's that for?---WE RISKED OUR DAMN LIVES FOR YOU! YOU BETTER BE IN DEBT TO US!" Makie angrily yelled into my ear and then let me go, crossing her arms and looking away.  Suddenly I felt really bad. What did I do? I was taken by Eva! The bus finally came after a long silence to myself. Luckily before I got hung over coals by everyone. Everyone sat down and talked amongst each other, but when it came to me and Joon sitting together.....

      "You okay?" Joon asked quietly as we rode home. I tried to wrack my head around to remember what happened earlier, and I remembered what happened back at the dorm at least. All of a sudden I just broke into tears and rested my head against Joon's arm and just whimpered and cried. 

"What's wrong Mir? Are you okay? Hey, talk to me"

"I....'m sorry. I've caused you all...*sniff* so much trouble the past few weeks. Uwaaaah~"

     Joon wrapped his arms around me and I just continued to cry quietly into Joon's chest.  "I didn't mean to cause so much trouble I just...there's so many things that happened so quickly I don't know what to do...." I continued to cry almost all the way home, releasing whatever emotions I had. Once everyone went back home, Makie gave me a hug and said, "By the way, Chachamaru made us go through a stupid challenge until you were out of that Evangeline's spell or whatever. I guess I'm not mad at you, but you owe us all a round of shakes later," And with that she went to her room.  I don't know what to think anymore. I collapsed onto the bed and Joon laid down next to me letting out a huge sigh. I felt a strong pull on my arm, and te next thing I saw was Joon's face looking into my eyes. I remembered my time in Evangeline's spell and what I said, which made me blush when looking at him. 

"You feeling okay? Do you need anything from me? I told you earlier just talk to me if you need anything," Joon comforted me and hugged me in a warm embrace.

"I'm okay, just shaken up....thanks. For everything," My heart was racing quickly. I had a warm tingly feeling flow through my body when I looked at Joon.

The next thing I said was, "l love you. Please stay with me," Wait that am I saying? I clasped my hands around my mouth blushing bright red. I started stuttering again immediately afterwards and could not say anything else afterwards....again with too fast too soon......

                      Joon PoV

​           Did I just hear you right Mir? In my arms was a bumbling mess of a boy who just confessed to me his love. Or was I wrong? I decided to play along and . Hell, after all that I've just been through I need a pick me up. I held him closer and he was too busy to notice me, "Did you say something? Can you say it again?---No! I didn't say anything," l nestled him even closer and he squeaked cutely. He started again, "I've been through a lot and I didn't get the time to process anything. I'm glad you're here with me, and for everyone else being here with me too. I don't want you to leave me because I'm going to be all alone with no one to help me fee---mmmph?" Mir, shut up. I pulled his chin up and gave him a gentle kiss on his lips. The move caught him off guard and I was worried that he was going to pass out from embarrassment. Damn it, he's always so shy and cute. After a few seconds I let go of his lips and smiled cheekily. I held his face in my hands and made him look at me.

       I said to him, "I would never think of leaving you. It's true that we've been through so many events in such a short amount of time. Hell, it's not even the end of the first semester yet and look how far we've come. To be honest, since you've been here I've had much more fun in my school life than before. I should be thanking you instead hehe," He smiled at me and snuggled into the crook of my neck. Sigh~ we seriously need an actual vacation during winter break....

     Several Days Later....   Seungho PoV

​           "Hey, what are you doing for Winter Break?" I asked GO while brushing my teeth upstairs. Winter break was coming up in about a week's time, and finals were done early. Oh, when I say finals, I mean FINALS. Not math and language, oh no. We have to go through Powers Finals. All of our regular courses are already complete in earlier years unless you show proficiency in them. I was so lucky to pass my math class finals....(T~T). I finished getting cleaned up and headed downstairs, which smelled of sweet cinnamon buns in the oven. GO was busy cooking and baking in the kitchen in his blue apron. I yelled out across the large room, "I don't remember you being the cooking type--- Well I'm practicing and I think I'm getting better at this," I sat at the island counter admiring all the different things he was doing. I asked, "Why are you even making all these sweets? Tryna' fatten me up are you?" He looked at me and scoffed, "Please, you're probably fat enough as is from all that junk food you bought last week. I'm making these as gifts for everyone before we go onto Winter break,"  I saw recipes for cookies, pies, cakes, brownies, the whole nine yards. I snuck one in my mouth while GO wasn't looking and he glared at me harshly as if I was guilty.  GO scolded me like I was 5 years old again, "You need to stop snacking so much! I already made breakfast....well, it's brunch now. You have that guilty look on your face, just go eat," And with that I sat down at the table and ate while watching my roommate bake. I was so enthralled by his baking I almost forgot my little surprise to him. After getting up and sneaking behind him, I flashed my surprise in front of him and said, "Look what I got you~ Tickets to go to Winter Ball!" He got shocked and bumped back into me super surprised.

         "When did you get these? I thought they weren't selling them until this week?" Asked GO as he held the tickets in his hand. The look on his face was like an actual 5 year old. He turned around and then proceeded to ask me a stupid question, "Who are you taking?---Didn't I just tell you they were for you and me?" I responded in a sassy manner, and GO's face started to look anxious. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Are you sure you want to go with me? I mean....are we going as friends? Or....is it a date?" He looked concerned about us going together. I guess we haven't really talked about us yet, have we? He looked at the tickets and smiled a little sadly. I took his hand and looked into each others eyes. I said, "Why don't we treat it as a really fancy first date? A~nd you're wearing the dress," He looked back at me with a look of "what did you just say to me?" and laughed. He replied, "You are totally wearing the dress. And are we talking about a friend date or???" I sighed and kissed him on his forehead. The sudden kiss caught him off guard and I replied, "Whatever you want it be, I'll be okay with it. I think you look good in blue, especially in a velvet dress---HEY!" I made my escape away form the kitchen and away from a fuming GO when the doorbell rang. Huh, who could it be? We weren't expecting anyone.....?