STOP! ln the Name of Love....

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

                           Thunder PoV

          ''lt's all your fault! You probably gave him the wrong idea and now--- l love you,'' l stopped dead in my tracks and whirled around to face his down-looking face. He sighed deeply, and might have felt my shock. ''l thought you would've picked up on it, but l guess l have to tell you directly to get it across,'' So.....''You didn't come to me for the studying?--- What the hell! Of course l came for the studying, but you looked hurt, and l fell in love with your tear-stained face. l don't want you to be hurt at all,'' A boy confessed to me. What am l supposed to do? l didn't know how to react, so l just told him, ''Get out! Don't come back ever again!'' He looked pain-stricken, and left without saying a single word. l instantly felt regret after shooing him of and bolted to the door. l shouldn't have been so harsh on the kid, but....he left. Seriously, that kid..... What did l do? l went back into my room and slept off dinner again since Monday was my day off classes and work.

     lt was the morning after that whole incident that l decided to go to the coffee shop and have my breakfast there. Except, it was right across the street from the floral shop Hiro worked at. l stayed in disguise with my hat on, while peering over to the store...No! l can't. l didn't come here to check up on him, l jut happened to go to the coffee shop in front of Hiro's work without noticing.​ What is he doing with those high school girls? Why are you being so nice to them? Can't you tell that they're being flirty with you? l could feel the air start to hum, and l calmed myself down. What am l doing worrying over this kid? l looked over again, and he looked in my direction, staring at me and into my soul. How did he notice me?! He turned again and l made my escape back into Judgement HQ where l worked at. Only Julie and Chen were there. Makie and the others probably haven't come in yet. Of course there was Suiko at the office's examination lab checking out specimens of different things. Chen noticed my distress, and called me out on it, ''Yo you look panicky, did someone jump on you?'' l wish. l asked him if we could spar out in the back of the office, where we had a training room or two and he came along. ''l just need to lose some stress,'' l explained to Chen my little scenario(but keeping Hiro anonymous) and he didn't much care. All he told me was, ''As long as you feel better it'll be alright,'' And he readied his powers. Chen had the power of lightning, and l sure hoped that he wouldn't go so far as to short out the building like last time. l had my flute sword with me, which played notes softly as the breeze flew threw the holes. A song popped into my head as Chen took the first strike and shot wild bolts of power out. The most common power is lightning apparently besides psychics, and l knew just how to deal with them. l was so ready to do this, and then it happened again. Oh cruel fate and cry me a river... l got ed by the warning tower on our building that was going off on the sensors inside. Suiko rushed out to brief us, ''We have a level 3 threat near Seongin Station. Julie went ahead, but we're going up againt level 4. lt's Specter again,'' Oh . Not good. lt's him again.

    l took charge as Judgment chief(as l always do, even though Julie is head intelligence) and called for backup(meaning Joon, Mir, and Makie) to come after we left. Specter is a cold-blooded who does crime just for the fun of it! l have no idea how he does it but he leaves his victims brain dead without a single thing wrong with them. l made it to Seongin station, and realized the flower shop was only down the street from it. Not good. l avoided the shop just in case and saw a litter of people on the ground passed out near our criminal. Specter was a male in his twenties, and insane to the very least. He had dark blue hair, all in spikes and he wore a t-shirt and jeans, with headphones over his neck. In his hand, he had black smoke whirling around his palm. His ability is Shadow Walk, just like what Joon has. l don't even know if l can hurt him... He looked over in my direction and grinned maliciously. ''So, Judgment Branch came to look like greenhorns, huh? Get ready to get crushed!''

   Spectre stomped on the ground, causing a wave of earth to burst out in spikes and come forward towards us. My song played again, but l was supposed to be on hard c.c.(crowd control) while the others got to fight against the criminal. The earth under me buckled and rose up, pushing back against the wave of spikes. Way too many people were around to let this fight go too large. l made my way to clearing out the area, and made a large barricade of earth and asphalt to trap Spectre in(l doubt it actually helps). Clashing intensified inside the barricade and l made my way in to see almost everyone exhausted. Suiko was backed up in one side, and Chen was down. Julie! Blood was flowing down her arm as a gash wept wide open. l doubt she'll hold much longer. ''Did you forget about me Spectre? Klarwind!'' My flute played a harsh melody that would impact anyone's ears that it was directed to with the decibel reading up to 300. Aiming the flute at him, the song played forward. And suddenly, l was frozen in my place. The song stopped, and l couldn't move. Why? l looked around for any signs of restraints, and looking down l saw my shadow holding me back. ! l knew it! Spectre formed another black smoke ball, and lobbed it at Julie who fell to the ground without hesitation. Yelling as loud as l could, the air around me didn't vibrate one bit. l couldn't use my power, and Julie was getting off the ground like some puppet master yanking her joints up.

''Oh what's this? The mighty Thunderstorm can't rain down on me? Too bad. I'd love to see how much red we can paint onto this town, starting with these two, and maybe l'll save your scream for last,'' Spectre walked closer and closer to me teasing more about Judgment and how it was useless, with a threatening black smoke increasing the darkness around him in one giant sphere. l was speechless, how am l going to get out of this? l've never been stuck like this, this is exactly why l joined Judgment...

    "Aw there's no need to look panicked. l'm just going to kill your little friends here without touching them at all. And l'll have the blood all over you!'' With a snap of his fingers, Julie raised her hand; metal from around the area pulled together(her power was metal control and magnetism) into one big sharp point. She's only Level Two! l've never seen her magnetize so much at once, and all of it aimed at her own body. My body shook in fear, l couldn't stand seeing people helpless. No....Why? lf l had a better power or maybe...huh? Why is there fog...Suiko! l looked over to Suiko with a craned neck, as she evaporated herself into a body of fog, covering the entire battle area including me. That's right! lf Spectre doesn't see his shadow, and the light can't get through the fog, then there's no shadow! The iron grip my shadow cast on me melted away when the fog rolled in. l jumped at my chance to get him, yet he was already two steps ahead of me. Dark bolts of energy hit me square in the chest, making me fall off the barricade letting me plummet twenty feet down to the asphalt. l might survive it and l might not. l closed my eyes, waiting for the impact which l couldn't move away from, and it never happened.

     l hit something really hard but it wasn't rocky asphalt. l landed on a person and it was Hiro. Whew---  HIRO? l got up as quick as l could, but found out that my body was paralyzed. Also, the fog was clearing up fast, and Suiko wasn't anywhere to be found. Hiro looked concerned and carried me to a nearby light pole. ''Are you okay? What happened talk to me! ls there a fight going on?'' His eyes were frantic scanning any visible injuries to me. l willed my mind to make my voice resonate outside of my vocal chords with the air around me, "Go away! lt's dangerous here! Leave! l'm fine,'' He shook his head, ''You're hurt, how could you say that! What's going on? l'll help you--- Looks like the girl is gunna need more than a few thousand stitches hahahaha! Oh? And whose this little twerp? No difference l'll kill 'im first,'' Spectre spit that out so casually it made my blood boil. My mind outcries, ''No! Don't touch him! lf you do my song will tear your shady to shreds!'' He only laughed at me, with a point of shadow in one hand and a ball in another. l couldn't help but watch as the objects flew at Hiro and multiplied. NO! l can't let him die!  Hiro flung his arms out like he was waiting for his mother or something...but the objects never hit him.  lnstead, Spectre fell onto his knees holding his head with pain. What did he do? l could hear Hiro in my ears like he jammed a loudspeaker in my brain saying,''l will never let this creep touch him! Only l can! Stay away!'' The sheer force oh that thought broke up the ground below and some invisible outline was made apparent to me. Joon came in the nick of time and pummeled Spectre into the ground as a shadow, and fought in the ground. lt was intense silence as the two shadows danced on the ground without owners to dance with. Hiro scooped me up without warning and brought me to Suiko who finally materialized into her body again. She saw Hiro carry me and out her hands up in defense, ''Halt! All civilians should not be here!--- Help him!'' Oh, that's right, l didn't tell him my name yet...Wait what about Julie and Chen? l peered over Suiko's shoulder to see Chen struggling to get up. ''l'll help him later but get out now! *gasp* Chen don't get up!  The ambulance is coming! Don't move yet!'' Hiro waited with impatient hands carrying his patient. The fighting in the shadows stopped when Joon threw Spectre onto the ground near us after beating him up severely. He was already detained in special handcuffs and was smoking from some burns on his body. Nice job Joon.

     Once we got right back to the HQ, Suiko tended to my wounds as Julie left for the hospital and Joon left immediately. Hiro was sitting right outside of the privacy curtains and wouldn't keep still; Hiro walked back and forth way too many times for my liking. Suiko leaned in and whispered in my hear after all of the injuries were sealed, "ls he your friend?--- Just a civilian is my guess. Hiro shouldn't have jumped in anyways,'' She gave me the non-believing look and replied, ''Yeayea. He's so worried it's cute. Go talk to him, and don't you dare be mean to him. His telepathy saved your back there,'' But! l scorned at the thought but l know Suiko is going to kill me if l am mean....sigh. l walked around the screen with Suiko listening from behind the curtain. Hiro was sitting down looking sad, and it stung me badly. l took some drinks from our machine and brought them over, placing one right on his neck where it could be cold. He snapped out of it and jumped up to hug me. Hiro shouted for joy, ''Oh! l'm so happy you're okay! What was that all about? You could've died! Was that person an Esper and what did he do?'' Calm down. l pushed him down onto the sofa to sit and sat next to him....