Whisper of the Night

Infernus Scholasticus(School of Hell)

              Mir PoV

        l saw someone passed out on the ground(or at least l hoped so) that could've been Himchan. l knelt down, testing his pulse, and it was still there, just slow. ''Himchan, get up,'' l tried to hold him up and he slowly regained consciousness. ''The thing...so cold- lt's okay. Come with me,'' l gave him some of my magickal strength and he came out of the grogginess from earlier much more refreshed and clear-headed. ''Kris!- He's downstairs, c'mon. lt's not safe here,'' The window that was burst open had frigid air blowing through the hallways, beginning to frost up the entire place. Not time for chat, let's get downstairs. We rushed out way down to the elevator(yes, we have elevators) and got out into the icy lobby. Bolts of lightning and fire were flashing through the dark night as we joined the other boys. Kris was up against the wall while Joon was in front protecting him. The lightning bolts from the crystals were still working fine, just how long would they last? ''Himchan take Kris and get out of here, we'll handle this,'' He didn't hesitate for a moment and shifted into a...motorcycle? l didn't know he could to that. The gears shifted and picked up Kris right off the ground and away from the scene. The faerie lady was throwing out all she could, with red and black spears of energy. ''Hey you! Take a bolt of this! Jaculatio Fulgoris!'' From my outstretched hand a lance of white light shot forward, taking her weapon out of her hand. She was distracted by Joon long enough for me to activate the crystals at full power, launching everything they had at the opponent. The cage formed around her, and she finally spoke, ''So, you're lndex, huh? l should've hunted you down earlier. Too bad l took so long...Oh well, l can always take you on now,'' A scathing voice tormented us, and the cage already was wavering. 

''So you really are trying to revive Simorgh, huh? There's no use in calling her- Of course there is! We can unlock massive amounts of information we need, and sabotage what you have. Meanwhile this cage is a little cramped. Let me get some leg room, KYAH!'' A black ring burst open the cage, letting the fae get her staff back. ''Mir stay back!- You've crossed the wrong fairy!  Eternal Pain!'' Another black ring was shot out straight at Joon, and too fast to dodge. l did what the only thing l could think of.Right before it was going to hit Joon, l charged up a soul arrow spell that l learned from somewhere in the depths of my mind and aimed it at the creature, letting it loose as the ring hit my chest, ''World Weaver Arrow!--Argh!'' l saw the arrow pierce her shoulder, with black essence flowing out. The ring bounced off my chest and it burned severely while knocking me flat against the wall nearby. A blood-curdling scream came from the faerie and she vanished in a blaze of black orbs. The scar on my chest burned through my shirt. ''Dammit Mir why did you do that?! Let's go before anyone comes,'' lt hurt, badly. Joon picked me up and teleported us back to the room before anyone their lights to look outside. He flung me onto the bed and ripped my shirt apart. The scar was burning bright, but there wasn't acutally any tissue damage from what l could tell. ''lt burns...- Okay, just, how do l heal it?'' l had sudden flashbacks of similar people wearing the same type of outfits. Dragons, beasts, fae, humanoids. They were a clan of negative powers, all for destroying life...l felt the deep darkness devouring me. My senses were getting numb. ''J-Joon....l'm g..inner cries,'' Joon listened, but he was trying to file through all of my salves kept in my footlockers. He looked frantic, and that's when l pulled him together.  l grabbed his collar and pulled myself up to him, ''L-listen to me. l just remembered how to -erk- reverse the effect. Emotions are the key. Your inner desires, your-ughngh!- huh, innermost feelings are the key to removing the effects. Just listen to yourself for a minute,'' lt looked like l slapped him with tuna across the face. The pain and anguish acceled to the point where l was breathing hot air. Oh it he'll never get it! With my grasp still around his collar l pulled him in and French kissed him long and hard. Please...Please be thinking what l'm thinking... The pain intensified and l threw myself back into the covers form the pain and cold, like frostbite bit you in an open wound in the winter cold. Joon was on the verge of tears.

   ''Mir, what am l supposed to think of? Y...you just...l...'' C'mon please. l waited with baited breath as he said those three words, slowly but surely enough, ''l love you,'' The pain relaxed a little, but when we held hands, the pain instantly phased away. A pink thread that connected us glowed pink once more, washing the red scar away from my body. ''l didn't think that would work,'' The blinding pink glow finally subdued, and Joon wrapped me in a big hug again, tearing up excessively. l hugged him back, putting all of my worries aside and feeling the warm embrace. ''How did it work?- The thing that stands out most in anyone is their inner cries. Love,'' l swore l heard clapping sounds from the bed, but saw nothing. ''That's sweet, but do you mind explaining what the hell was trying to kill us?,'' Kris and Himchan expanded from the lamp next to the bed and the curtain. l put on another one of Joon's oversized shirts and stretched out. ''Sooo, you guys kinda were trying to get killed by a fairy who also probably killed Suiko and lrene. There was another person on her kill list,'' The room went quiet for a moment until Himchan piped up, ''Why us?- She needed your power of shifting to trick Luhan. l would tell you the details, but l'm not really into the mood right now, l'm tired as . lf you want l'll tell you tomorrow,'' Himchan and Kris flew out the window and left into the moonless night.

   Joon looked stiff, still tearing. ''Mir...- lf you meant your words, nothing can stop us,'' He scooped me up and got me back onto the bed to rest....

    Next Day...

      G.O PoV

  l sat up trying to remember what made my side hurt...oh right. After the thing with the crystals last night, l gotta ask them a few questions. Huh? l looked across the room at the swivel chair, and Seungho's jacket was draped over it. Did he forget- oh. He walked back into the room with arms ladled with snacks and food and coffee. ''Did you stay the night?- Mhmm. You looked especally tired after boosting all of those cameras so l stayed behind. l was too tired to leave anyways,''  Something tells me you've already pissed off another girl last night. ''So who did you try to again?- What the hell do you think l did? l just stayed here for the night,'' Right. l fished out my clothes from the clothes bin and threw it on, realizing it was only Saturday. ''Why not give up on girls? Go with a guy, at least they don't beg to buy you things- l ain't gay, and you know that for a fact,'' You could still be in the closet for all l know. l thought l saw something red hiding under his shirt. Roses? l could faintly see a heart-shaped outline pressing againt his shirt. ''What's the lovey-dovey crap for? Not trying to win Mir's heart are you?'' He gave me a cold glance, which made me laugh because it was the stalkery look. ''l--lll-lt's not! lt's for...you,'' Excuse me? I looked at him with sudden confusion, and he pulled out a small bouquet of roses and red felt heart shaped box.

       "I don't really like chocolate or at least dark chocolates, but I know you like them. Lena gave them to me while l was passing by to promote the upcoming dance, so l thought of just giving them to you," Okay then. I put the roses and chocolate and put them on the bed. Behind me, Seungho was cracking up. "Dafuq is so funny?- Besides that nice tent you're pitching?" I looked down and l realized l only dressed the top half of my body, with my lower half still in boxers and tenting with a morning wood. "! Who told you to look?!- So what? I helped myself to heaping eyeful," No seriously, you don't need to impress everyone with your . I found my nearest pair of sweats and draped it on. "But then again l was thinking..." Oh for sakes here we go with the thinking again, "about what you just said. Almost none of the girls at school like me, and it would cost way to much to even deal with them. So why not come with me to the dance on Sunday?- Have you ever thought that it was your sleazy ego that made them sick or is it something else?" He scoffed at me, "And l thought you were attracted to boys. You forgot that you confessed that to a certain mancrush?" .....Alright l give in.

      "I'll go l'll go! Just don't go and remind me okay?" He cheekily smiled and walked out, "l'll wait for you outside," Where are we going? I changed into something more outside appropriate and looked down the hall. Seungho was at the vending machine grabbing a drink, obviously forgetting he had eaten and drank so much minutes ago. "Where are we going?- l'll tell you when we get there," Please don't be food, l'd lose him in seconds...