2-And So They Met

Math Saved My Love Life!

(Kyuhyun’s POV)


I quickly put my books into my bag as I slung it over my shoulder.

“Kyuhyun Sunbae!” I heard a familiar voice yell.

I turned around and felt my heart beat faster when I saw Chae walk up to me.

Alright Kyu! This is your chance! Ask her out! Ask her out! Don’t be a chicken this time! Just ask her the simple question of, “Hey, do you wanna go get some coffee?” or something! JUST DON’T CHICKEN OUT!

“Kyuhyun Sunbaenim! Do you have free time right now?” she asked me.

I blinked a bit as my lips curled into a smile, “Yeah! Why?”

Is she gonna ask me out?

“My friend really needs a tutor in calculus, and sunbae told me that you won several math awards and made an A in Calculus 2! So can you please help her?” Chae pouted cutely.

“Oh…A friend? Which one?” I asked, not letting this situation flee away from me talking to her.

“She’s…A geek with no life?” Chae chuckled, “I love her, but I really wished she would have more fun in life rather than study all the time…” she muttered.

“What do you mean a geek with no life?” I asked her.

Her eyes widened, “Crap! I said that out loud? Oh no! It’s nothing! She’s really sweet, so please help her! She’s desperate to get a good grade in math, and begged me to find a tutor!”

“I’m not sure if I have time…” I lied.

Chae looked at me, her chocolate eyes giving me the “But oppa~” look. I immediately felt my heart drop to my stomach as she puffed out her cheeks.

“Please Sunbae?” she meekly asked.

I thought for a moment, wanting to decline her, but I couldn’t. “A-alright…” I smiled at her, “When?”

Chae’s face immediately lit up, “She’s probably still in the library!” she said, pulling my hand, “Let’s go!” she marched. I couldn’t help but chuckle at that girl’s adorableness! It’s something that you just wanna hug her by!

We walked towards the library; I followed her to the desk where I found a girl that was typing away on her MAC. She was wearing black rimmed glasses, a brown plaid shirt that was ed with a white t-shirt that had a panda underneath and dark brown jeans with her short boyish hair flowing down. Her hair was a complete mess under that brown knit hat of hers.

“Unnie!” Chae said, the girl turned her head to Chae.

“Yes?” she asked, taking a glance at me.

“This is Kyuhyun Sunbae! He agreed to teach you in math!” Chae beamed, doing a victory sign with her fingers.

The other girl looked at me, slightly bowing, “Hello, I’m Alex Lee.”

I smiled back at her, “I’m Kyuhyun Cho.”

“So from now on, do you I call you Professor Cho, or Cho sunbae?” she asked me.

“It depends, how old are you?”

“I’m 21.” She replied, turning her chair around.

“Well then, sunbae is fine with me.” I smiled at her.

She nodded at me, grabbing her shoulder bag to get her Calculus book. “Well then, Cho Sunbae! Please help me with this!” she quietly asked. I sat down next to her and looked at the problem.

“Ah! This is simple!” I started, and explained the steps to her. She nodded, getting a few problems right.

We kept doing this for around an hour or so. I couldn’t believe how good she was at math! Heck, the way she showed me how she was doing it, she only had one or two steps wrong which is really irritating when you’re solving a problem.

“You divide the number by X, not by Y. That’s another reason why you’ve been getting this wrong.” I told her.

 “Sunbae! You’re really amazing! Do you know that?” She smiled at me once she got the problem right, “I’ve never got this until now!” she clapped.

I smiled at her, “Glad I could help you!”

Her face was beaming at the moment, “Ah, I gotta do something for a bit! I’ll be right back okay?” she said before standing up and dashing away.

Leaving me and Chae alone.

Bingo!

I turned around to look at Chae for the first time in an hour. She was fast asleep. I smiled at her, taking off my jacket to make it her temporary blanket. I looked at her features, plump lips, huge eyes, milky white skin, long brown hair. What was adorable is whenever she looks at me, those huge chocolate brown eyes would just give me a small smile. It sounds stupid, yes, but it was true. Every morning, it was nice hearing, “Good morning Sunbae” or “What’ve you been up to Sunbae?” or something along those lines.

I poked her cheeks, wanting to get a reaction from her. She opened her eyes, blinking a little bit giving me a small smile making my heart beat a little bit faster. She slowly got up and rubbed her tired eyes.

“Sunbae, what time is it?” she yawned.

“It’s…” I started, turning to the clock, “6PM, do you want me to drive you and Alex home?”

Chae looked at me, and then shook her head, “No, I have a class later.”

“Oh…I see, so then do you want me to wait for you?”

“It’s fine! I have a friend that attends the same class as me who could take me home.” She replied.

Alex walked back, looking at the time. “Aish, I should to work.” She muttered, quickly putting her books in her bag and her MAC in its case, putting it in her bag.

“Kyuhyun Sunbae! Can you please drive Alex to work?” Chae asked me.

I looked at her, then at Alex, “No, really, its fine! I can just walk there!” Alex politely refused.

“Where’s your job?” I asked her.

“It’s right across the SM building, please, it’s fine, I can walk there!”

I looked at her book bag, “its fine, I can drive you!” I said, “You don’t have to pay me back at all! So let’s go! Besides, that book bag looks heavy, so it’ll ease up the burden.”

“I’m fine.”

“It takes probably 5 to 10 minutes if you drive there, so you could study a little bit more rather than rush to work right away.”

She looked at Chae, “I guess so…”

“So what do you say unnie?” Chae smiled.

She looked at me, “Would it be okay with you Mr. Cho?”

Mr. Cho? What happened to Sunbae?

 “It’s fine with me” I smiled at her. “Do you want me to hold your book bag?”

“It’s fine, I can carry it myself.”

“Well then…I’ll see you later okay Chae?”

Chae gave me a big smile, “Yes Sunbae! Thank you for taking care of my Alex!” she waved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~’

We walked to my car; I clicked my car keys, opening the car door for her. She silently nodded, sitting in the car while I sat on the other side. I looked at her, she looked extremely nervous to be near me at the moment. She had her seatbelt on with her heavy book bag on her lap.

“You know, you can put that in the backseat to give you more leg room, right?”

She looked at me, nodding slightly. “Y-yeah, I know, but its fine. I like it on my lap.” She mumbled.

I nodded, “I see…” was all I said while putting my car in reverse.

While we were finally off the school’s parking lot, Alex suddenly asked, “Sunbae, how old are you?”

“I’m 23, turning 24 in February.”

“Oh…”

An awkward silence hit for 3 minutes or so.

“So…” I started, “What kind of music do you listen to?”

“U-um…any kind as long as it’s calming and fun to listen to! Like U-kiss or DBSK…”

I nodded, feeling safe to turn on my radio, the song, thankfully, being U-kiss’s “Neverland”

“Ah, Kyuhyun Sunbae, what are you studying here as?” she asked me.

“Me? Um, business.”

“Why?”

“I plan on taking over my father’s company one day, so I need to know anything about accounting and such.”

She nodded her head, “Sunbae, have you ever heard of Kara?”

“Yeah, why?” I asked her, still keeping my eyes on the road.

“Do you like them?”

“Well, Kara and SNSD are the only girl groups in the K-pop genre that I like.”

“So you don’t like HyunA?”

“She’s okay I guess.”

She nodded, “I see…” was all she said before she turned her head to look at the passing buildings.

I glanced at Alex. She was a pretty girl, yes, but not really eye catching. Her personality seems a little bit nervous and shy, while her looks seemed like an average person. She’s a brainiac, and from what Chae told me on the way to the library, she must be smart. However, she’s far from my type. But eh, I’m just gonna tutor her in math for a little bit, right?

“Ah! Sunbae!” she snapped her fingers.

I turned to her, “Yes?”

“Sunbae, how much do I have to pay you for the tutoring?”

“Eh? Um…Well…Since you’re Chae’s friend, I guess $20 an hour is okay.”

“Really? Thank you so much!” she bowed, turning around to look back at the scenery.

Wow, she’s really…Different from Chae…Because if this was Chae, then Chae would’ve been like, “Aww, come on Sunbae! I gotta pay you more!” or something! But of course, Chae would never do that about school.

Wait…Which reminds me….

Curse it! I forgot to ask her out again!

 “Sunbae, we’re here.” Alex said, breaking my chain of thought. I turned into the café, stopping the car in a parking slot before Alex walked out. “Thanks for driving!” she said before going in. “You can come in and eat something if you want!”

I smiled at her, but then soon noticed a “Free Wi-Fi” board outside, then back at Alex who was waiting if I was going to accept her offer or not.

“S-sure, I’ll come in.” I said, turning off the engine and grabbing my backpack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aish....It's 9/11....Let's remember those who were lost! They may be gone, but they shall never be forgotten!