8-Date with Chae Ends Up With Someone Else

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

(Kyuhyun POV)


 

Is this heaven or something? Seriously, have I died and gone to heaven? Chae and I were walking around the fair—alone because Alex and Henry went to eat—and now we’re riding a ride that could make Chae hold onto me? Oh life! How I love you!—No, wait, Alex! I love you! You’re seriously like my guardian angel!

“Oh dear…” she gulped as we got into the roller coaster, “I really, I’m serious sunbae, can we not? I hate drop downs!”

“It’s fine! I’ll hold onto you for extra protection.” I told her, putting on the seatbelt before latching the protective metal bar that was above me.

She looked at me and sat down with me. Once she was done putting on the protection, she held my hand, making my heart beat faster. “If my palms are sweaty, I’m sorry…” she gave a weak chuckled. I grinned as if it was nothing, but that’s simply because if I talked then I would’ve squeaked.

“ARE YOU READY?!” the person in the intercom said, there were yells of “Yes!” going on. I looked at Chae who was closing her eyes tightly. I gave her a reassuring squeeze, as if telling her that everything would be okay. The ride slowly went up, giving out a clicking sound every time, making Chae hold my hand even tighter. Then it happened, the dropdown.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” everyone on the ride went, then the ride went to a loop, then up and down and up and down at 75 mph. I was sitting there, smiling since this wasn’t the fastest ride I’ve been on. Fact, it was pretty slow in my book, but oh well!

The ride stopped and we got off. Chae was holding onto my arm while we were walking around. I looked around; trying to find the next thing we should go on to. My eyes caught the perfect place, “Hey Chae,” I started, “want to go to a fun house?”

She perked up and beamed, “Yes!”

I gave the person 12 tickets and we both walked inside the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

“Sunbae’s such a geek!” Chae laughed, jokingly pushing me.

“I can’t stand straight when the floor’s moving! Sue me!”

“Mhm~ sure~” she grinned. “Oh! Sunbae, do you wanna go to the ferris wheel?”

“Sure!” I grinned, she offered her hand and I gladly accepted it.

We got on the ferries wheel, it being 10 tickets, and sat there in silence for a bit. “Ah! Sunbae, can I have your number?” she asked, taking her phone and gave it to me.

I smiled, and dialed my number on her phone. I took out my phone, “And tell me your number.”

“xxx-xxxx” she said, I dialed the number.

“Thanks.”

Then after that was another awkward silence.

“So Sunbae, how has Alex been doing in her studies?” she asked me, breaking the silence.

“She’s been doing really well.”

“How long did you stay at her place?”

“Well, from the time you saw me until 6.”

“You tutored her for 6 hours?!”

“No, I tutored her for 3, I stayed at her house for another 3 hours.”

“Eh? Why?”

I shrugged, “I had nothing better to do.”

“Then…” Chae said, staring at me, “Did you see how Alex studies?”

I slowly nodded, “Yeap. It amazes me how a girl could study like that.”

“Sunbae…” she mumbled, “Can you please entertain her whenever she does that?”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s not healthy for her to study that much.”

“What? Why?”

Chae sighed, “She does that every time she gets lonely.”

I stared at her, wanting an explanation of what she meant.

“I can’t tell you everything in detail, but Sunbae, please, when I’m not around, when Henry’s not around, please take her out! She has nothing to do other than study the day away! She even refuses to go out with friends! She’d rather study like crazy!”

“Why?”

“Again, she’s a loner, so please…please stop her from studying whenever you can.”

I blinked for a bit.

Okay?

“I…I know I sound serious, but honestly? She worries me. She calls it ‘Nagging’ whenever I tell her to stop studying so much, but as you can tell, it’s almost insane to see her like that—especially since she doesn’t need to.”

“What do you mean ‘She doesn’t need to’?”

“She has a photographic memory—well, hear-ographic in a way. She memorizes the terms the second time she hears it, even if it’s something AMAZINGLY stupid.” Chae shook her head.

“I see…” I mumbled, nodding.

Once we got off the ride, we walked around, meeting up with Henry and Alex. Henry with a petrified face, and Alex looking as happy as she ever was—what the heck happened?

“Ah! Sunbae!” Alex beamed, running towards Chae and me.

“Alex!” Chae smiled, but then turned to look at Henry, “Why is he like that?”

“W-We went to the spinny ride that spun around while the ride itself was in the air.” Henry gulped.

“It was sooo much fun!” Alex sang.

“Alex! You should know very well that Henry HATES those rides!” Chae pouted, patting Henry’s back.

She pouted, “I know, but I didn’t wanna go alone!”

I looked around, and spotted a Horror house. I guess since it was October, they decided to add some Halloween stuff into it.

“Hey, let’s go to the horror house.” I subconsciously said.

“Um…I’m really bad at those places, but Alex can!”

I turned to look at the two girls, Chae pushing Alex towards me. “W-What? No! I refuse!” Alex exclaimed.

“Alex, you seem like you still have enough energy! Plus I’m a bit tired from walking around, and Henry looks like he’s going to die anytime soon! So have fun!” she smirked.

Alex looked at me, mouthing “Sorry.”

“It’s fine, let’s go.” I beamed, taking her hand.

Alex and I went into the place, 5 tickets per person. Alex was walking a foot away from me—that is, until some random monster popped up, causing her to scream and run to my side. She noticed what she did and apologized.

“It’s no big—” I started, until a zombie fell in front of me, causing me to scream, holding onto her tiny body.

She started laughing, “Sunbae, you dweeb.” She said, holding onto my waist. I stared at her, she nervously smiled, “Until we get out of here.”

I nodded, “Right.”

We started to walk around the house, screaming whenever something popped up, making our hug even tighter. Trust me, the place was HUGE, so we kept on walking around. I looked at Alex so see her holding onto my arm for dear life, but making my arm touching her chest whenever she hugged me closer.

Alex and I walked out of the horror house, her holding onto my hand while I had a blank expression on my face. Alex’s phone rings, startling her for a second. She flips open her LG dlite, “Hello?” she started. “Eh? Already? But what about me? I’ll have no one to drive me home!” she complained, went quiet, and finally hung up her phone.

“What’s wrong?”

“Chae and Henry went home because Henry felt sick, but had no car. So Chae drove him home—telling us only now.”

I bobbed my head, “So…What time is it?”

Alex looked at her watch, “Midnight.”

“Do you wanna go home?”

She looked at me, a small disappointment coming upon her face. “Sure…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After struggling to remember where we came out, we both walked into the car, Alex was trailing behind me. We both got in the car, I started driving. I glanced over at Alex who looked dead, “Alex?”

She turned to look at me, with her eyes closing. “Hm~?”

I chucked for a moment, “How about you go to sleep?”

“Mhm…” she yawned.

The ride was silent, and I guess she fell asleep since she didn’t say anything else. I stopped right in front of her apartment building, and parked somewhere in her parking lot. Turning to Alex, I found her fast asleep.

“Alex.” I whispered in an attempt to wake her up. Nothing. “Alex~” I sang, poking her cheek.

“Sunbae~” Alex pouted, opening her eyes.

“Hm~?”

“Can’t I sleep a little bit longer? I don’t wanna go up yet.” She yawned, getting comfy on the chair again.

“Sorry, but it’s already late, I have to go home too.”

Groaning, she opened the car door, but fell face first to the ground. “Ow…” she mumbled, pulling her legs out of my car.

Maybe I should help her…

Getting out of my car, I ran over to her side to help her out. She stood on her two feet, but was leaning against my car, falling asleep again. Sighing, I went into the passenger seat to grab my keys.

“Alex, let’s go.” I quietly urged her. She leaned on me, her head being on my chest.