31: Canadians Give You Problems.

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

I woke up the next day in my room, on my bed. My eyes were completely swollen, but you couldn’t blame me, right? I was crying.

Why was I even crying? I should be used to this now. I mean, it’s not like Kyuhyun was the first guy to had ever say that to me. Other people, those guys, said it. Those bastards, I say. Those honest and true bastards that don’t deserve to exist.

But for Kyuhyun, there’s this feeling in me that says he didn’t mean to say all that. I mean, for me, I know that I did it for the moment too. And after all, since I have a brother myself, I know that men don’t think very well when blood is rushing to their other head. For me, my blood was rushing through my cheeks, because my brain obviously wasn’t working. If it did, then I wouldn’t have kissed him in the first place.

But still! That doesn’t make it right for him to have said that!

I look at the time, it was 1PM.

Oh well, I’m leaving for Mokpo tomorrow for the holidays. So it shouldn’t really matter. Mr. Kim knows that I’m already taking time off, simply because…Well, I’m close to his son, Yesung, so he doesn’t really mind.

I walked downstairs, doing my morning duties before I heard the doorbell ring. I walked to it and looked in the peep hole. It was Henry with a 6-pack. When I say 6-pack, I don’t mean abs, I mean beer. Hah, Henry with abs? You make me laugh.

Quickly, I opened the door, giving him a peculiar look. “So early in the day?” I ask, glancing at the cans.

“Oh, no, this is for later.” Henry patted the cans, walking into my place. “It’s to celebrate.”

“Celebrate what?” I blinked.

“You went on a date.” Henry started, putting the drinks in the fridge, “It’s been a while!” he says, placing his black plastic bag on the counter. “So, why not celebrate? You know, since you’re leaving tomorrow for the holidays, we might as well, right?”

I sigh, smiling a little bit, “Why not?”

“Alright!” he beamed, taking out a packet of ramyun out, “You don’t like the cheese, right?”

“Correct.” I smiled, “Just don’t forget the egg.”

“Aish, don’t worry, I’ll make enough for the two of us.” He suddenly pulled out a pack of eggs and spam, “Make rice! We’re having Henry’s version of kimbap baby!”

I chuckled, “Oh Canadians.”

He beamed, grabbing a bowl from my cabinet, “Lemme show you my cooking skills that I learned in school.”

A small “Heh” escaped my lips, “You learned well from that class you only got because you wanted to hook up with girls?”

“Precisely!” Henry laughed, “I mean, you said it before, right? Girls love guys who can cook.”

“Most defiantly.” I nodded, “Aw, my little Henry is growing up.”

“Why yes, yes he is.”

I stared at Henry who grabbed his ipod, “Let’s listen to music, shall we?” he pressed play, and I started laughing at the first song.

“Springtime for Hitler” from the movie “The Producers”

“Henry, I love you.” I say, laughing.

Henry grinned, breaking the eggs, “I know you do. We’re family, right?”

I nod, “Right.”

He was cooking, I sat down, reading a book like I usually do. Currently, I was reading Fireproof, the Korean translation.

“You know what? Let’s call some people over.”

“For lunch?”

“Why not?” Henry grabbed an apron, “Can I use your phone?”

“It’s on the counter, near the spices.”

“Thank you!” he says, grabbing it.

I looked back at my book, really hating Catherine for—oh wait, you should read the book. I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you.

“Who’s math Genius?”

“Kyuhyun”

“…Did you just say that informally?”

“He’s not here.” I flipped a page.

“No, no, that’s not like you Alex.” Henry starts, “You’re always so formal.”

“Well I didn’t feel like being formal since I’m lazy.”

I knew that Henry was looking at me with the most peculiar of all looks, but I didn’t care. I paid attention to my book once more. Oh Catherine, you’re dead to me! How can you do that to your—wait, no spoiling the book for you.

“Hello? Kyuhyun?”

My eyes widened. Did Henry?

“Yeah, hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come to Alex’s place for lunch. It’s kinda boring with just her and me.

“HENRY!” I yelled, getting off of the couch and quickly ran to him.

“Of course she wants to see you! When doesn’t she?”

“Henry Lau!” I say, reaching for the phone, but Henry pushed my face away.

“Aw, c’mon! Be a sport! She won’t mind, I swear!”

“Henry!” I growled, trying to reach for my phone.

“Yes? Okay! Wonderful! See you there!” Henry smiled, closing the phone. “Hold on! I gotta call Chae, Siwon and Donghae.”

“You are dead to me Henry.” I twitch.

“Why?” Henry pouted, giving me the usual chipmunk face. “I thought you liked him, considering the fact that you blush like a mad man whenever he comes to the café.”

“N-no I don’t!” I lie.

“Alex, anyone can tell from a mile away.” Henry shook his head, “Anyways, call others for me, I bought enough ingredients for everyone.”

I pouted, staring at Henry. “You’re on my hit list.”

“I know, I’ve been on there since 1989.”

I looked at my phone, great, Kyuhyun’s coming over. Now what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT OR ELSE YOUR DEAR CHIPMUNK WILL DIE!!! MWA-AH-AH-AH!!