12-Car Ride

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

Kyuhyun POV


 

To my surprise, the goddess standing in front of me was Chae. As in Chae Kim—the girl I was crazy for. “What are you doing here?” I asked her.

She stared at me, before giving me one of her heavenly smiles, “Alex was sick, so I decided to check up on her.”

I nervously nodded, handing her the congee soup, “Um, here, give this to Alex.” I said. (Possibly stuttering?) She took it and smiled. I scratched the back of my head, “W-well, since you’re watching over her, I probably should go…”

 “Why don’t you come in? You could help me take care of Alex.” She gave me one of her goddess-like smiles. (Please insert me melting at the sight—cough—it’s totally manly, just saying.)

I gave her a weak smile, “I-I’m not sure if Alex would want me to come in…”

“Of course she wants you too!” Chae gave me a shy smile, “Don’t worry about it! Let’s go!” she said, pulling me in.

I took my jacket off and placed it on her coat hanger behind the door.

“Hey Kyuhyun,” Chae started. I turned around and raised a brow. “What’s your relationship with Alex?”

“Alex?” I blinked, “What do you mean?”

“It’s just that…You two seem to be closer.”

Is she jealous? Is Chae Kim jealous of me? YES! YES! This is it! This is amazing! HECK YES! My life is finally, happy! I get the girl I want, the most gorgeous girls in the world, and her name is Cha—

“It’s nothing big really, but if you like her, then I could set you two up.” She said, breaking my chain of thought. My eyes immediately widened at those words.

Wait, what?

 “I don’t like Alex in that way, she’s just a friend to me.”

“Oh really?” she rose a brow.

I slowly nodded my head, “So…Is there anything you need me to do here?”

“Kyu sunbae!” I heard Alex yell, as she ran down the stairs looking awful.

“Alex, why don’t you get back into bed?” I asked her, worried about the way she looked.

She shook her head, “Ani, I’m fine! Totally and completely fine!” she beamed, glancing at Chae. “But could you two buy me some medicine?”

“I thought you already took some.” Chae said, raising her brow.

“I’m out.” Alex replied, glancing at me. “Could you? Please?”

“Um…Sure. That is, if Kyuhyun drives.” she glanced at me, “It isn’t a problem, right?”

I shook my head, “No problem at all.”

I looked at Alex who winked at me, then at Chae, “Sunbae, where’s your car?”

“It’s the escalade downstairs.”

Chae nodded, then looked at Alex, “Be careful, okay?”

“I will.” Alex chuckled, “I’ll just give Kyuhyun a list of what I need.” She said, tugging onto my sleeve.

Chae nodded and soon left. I turned my attention to Alex who was smiling at me.

“Have I ever told you that I loved you?” I grinned, hugging her.

“Yes, but you love Chae more.” She chuckled, pushing me away, “Have fun, okay? And get me Tylenol.”

“Yes ma’am.” I grinned.

Wow, she looked cute sick.

Wait, where the heck did that come from?

“Anyways, have fun with her, come back soon okay? I need my medicine.” She beamed, pushing me to the door.

“Alright, are you sure you’ll be okay by yourself?”

Alex nodded, “I’ll be completely fine.”

I stared at her before smiling, “Alright.”

“Bye.” She waved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chae and I were in the car, alone. I nervously glanced at her; she was staring at her nails.

Okay Cho Kyuhyun, start a conversation, start a conversation.

“Hey Sunbae.” Chae started, “Did you listen to my words from the fair?”

I was silent, kinda surprised that Chae even started the conversation. But, of course, like always, I got back into my normal mode. “Yeah, of course.” I coughed. Then the thought hit me.

What did she mean by Alex studying whenever she gets lonely?

“Hey Chae…The other night…Could you explain to me by what you meant by Alex studying?”

Chae sighed, “I guess I should.”

There was a silence. I kept on driving as Chae fiddled with the purse that was on her lap.

“A…Family problem happened a few years ago that hurt Alex a whole lot. So that’s why she doesn’t talk to anyone at all. She locks herself in that room and…and…” Chae pulled a hand through her hair, “It’s just…not right…It’s so not right for her to do that.”

I stared at her a bit before staring back at the road,  “I see…”

We continued on our way, but this time, I felt like I had to do something. Not for myself, not for Chae—but for Alex.

And that is to help her find a life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update! I was busy with stuff and so yeahh...Didn't really check over this chapter,but hey! It's only a drabble series! :)