28: Past Dreams

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

(Kyuhyun POV)


 

I woke up the next morning in my apartment. The thoughts of Alex dating was new to me. Yes, I know that she’s an adult, but she still had that “Fresh out of high school, I don’t know what I’m doing” kind of atmosphere around her that I  feel like I have to protect her. Hm, maybe that’s what Siwon feels. I mean, she’s like a little kid.

From her eyes that scream child-like to her cheeks that are so soft that I wanna poke them so much.

I got up from my bed and changed. Today was just filled with classes and…boring-ness again. There was no doubt about it. There was nothing in my life other than classes and well…Law school.

I must say, I wasn’t really interested in law that much. I mean, I am, since I’m witty and I have a quick tongue, but I want to do something else…You know? I want to do something that I can just wake up every day and do and go, “Yes! I’m going to do this again.”

But then again, I’m too old to be a singer now. I mean, 23? I’m already in Law school, so I might as well finish. My parents have spent so much money for me to give up now.

Quietly, I walked out and placed my jacket on, preparing for the cold, then walked to school because it was close.

Another day, another lecture. Wonderful.

I drive back home. Maybe I could bug Alex. What’s today Tues—wait, she has that date with TOP. What’s with her? I mean, I’m shocked enough that she’s dating already, but to date a singer? It’s like getting a slap in the face.

I shook my head, I can’t think about that.

Wait a second, I have dance practice with Eunhyuk. That’s right.

I drove all the way to their dance place and locked my car. I walked inside to see Eunhyuk dancing by himself once more.

“Yo, Eunhyuk.” I sighed, sitting down on the bench.

Eunhyuk turned around and saw me, turning off his music, “What’s up?” he asked.

I looked at him, “Are we practicing today?”

“I left you a voicemail, saying that we weren’t.”

I nodded, “Alright.”

“You okay? You sound off.”

I looked at him. Should I ask for help?

“Do you want me to tell you about it?”

He nodded, sitting down and opened his water bottle.

“I was thinking about the past.” I say, “About how I wanted to be a singer more than anything….But then I gave up that dream to make others happy.”

Eunhyuk nodded, sitting next to me. “I see.”

“Now…I’m just regretting what happened. There are times where I wonder, why would’ve happened if I followed my dreams? You know? For one, I know that my dad wouldn’t approve, and I probably would’ve been kicked out.”

Eunhyuk nodded, “Did you know Siwon was like that?”

“Of course, we’ve been friends for a while.”

He patted my back, “Maybe, just maybe you should do what he did.”

I looked at Eunhyuk, “It’s too late now.”

“It’s never too late.” Eunhyuk nodded, “Singer? Let me hear you sing.”

“What song?”

“What’s your favorite genre?”

“Ballads.”

“Then sing a ballad.”

I thought for a moment, then looked at the wall and started to sing to “I have a lover”

I only sung a few verses, but when I was done, I turned to Eunhyuk and awkwardly laughed. “It’s only a dream, right?”

He stared at me, shocked. “You know, that dance contest…They have a section for singing to…Right?”

“It’s too late for me now.”

“CHO KYUHYUN,” Eunhyuk yelled, sounding irritated. “You’re still young. You have time.”

I looked at him, “I’ll see you later, Eunhyuk.”

I walked out, but thoughts ran through my mind.

Maybe I’ll try being a singer for once.


 

Comment or else Kyuhyun shall never ever sing in this story!