Chapter 40: He Pops the Question.

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

“Chae, if I hear you go on and try to socialize me one more time, I’m going to go bezerk.” I say, hiding under my pillow, “I’m a misanthrope who enjoys being recluse!”

She blinked for a bit, “What a what a what?”

I groaned in my bed, glaring at her, “I’m a proud anti-social, who shall be forever alone! You would’ve known those words if you actually—”

“Bleh! Stop being a book nerd and go out! Have fun in life!” she says, sitting on my back, “There are two things you can be smart on, book smart and street smart! Book smart is dead! It belongs to the older centuries! I’m trying to teach you to be street smart!” she says, shaking me.

“Chae, SHTAP!”

“You’re going to be alone!”

“I plan on it!”

She groaned, jumping on my back, making me groan in pain.

Okay, okay, you’re probably confused, right? As in, as to why I’m in my bed, tired as can be? Well, to start off, it’s January, and the whole dance competition is up, and I’m sick…Again. It comes to show people that flu shots don’t work very well, because I got the flu THE NEXT DAY.

So here’s Chae, trying to get my sick out of bed and to get me to come into the competition, because as usual, she believes in me meeting my destiny in the weirdest places. That, and she wants me to come and see the boys. But I honestly don’t want to because I really don’t want to see the moment where Chae possibly falls for Kyuhyun even more when she sees how dedicated he was in dancing just because he wanted to impress her.

I do not enjoy this one bit.

“I want a cat.” I mutter, “At least he’ll be nicer then you!”

“Yes, but I’m still Chae the amazing! So shut up AND GET UP!”

As usual, I rolled my eyes and gave up. I swear, there’s no winning with her.

I told her to go downstairs as I strip, she jokes around about wanting to watch but goes down anyways when I start to change clothes.

Layers of clothes with the same color scheme, yellow, browns and white, with an olive green jacket on top, for pants, I simply wore black jeans with stocking underneath for extra warmth. Stumbling downstairs, I looked at Chae. Okay, okay, if anyone looked at us, I would be that horribly unfashionable friend that follows her goddess-like friend. Not fair? Yeah, well that’s life. Chae was like a Greek goddess, I swear.

“Let’s go!” she says, smiling at me.

I looked at her as she started to drag me out the door—forgetting that I was about to go barefooted.

~~~~

If I were to ever tell you how much I hate walking around Seoul sick, I must say that I do. I honest-to-God hate it so much beyond words. I mean, I know, I should be thankful that it isn’t crazy like New York City or anything (from stories I’ve heard, New York is craaayy!) but still! It’s annoying to be in a city filled with people! Gah, I miss Mokpo again.

“We need to get you out more often.” Chae sighs.

I looked at her, “No, I enjoy staying at home, watching my time lord jump around centuries with Rose Tyler.”

She gave me this bewildered look.

“Anyways, I just want to be sick at home, watching shows while I try to breathe through my nose.”

“No way, you need a life! Like…Horribly, you need a life horribly.”

“No, no I don’t. I’m studying for my English class by watching stuff in English!”

“Can you even understand what they’re saying?”

“Of course! Subtitles help!”

She rolled her eyes, “Wow.” She chuckled as she continued walking.

We walked down to the train station. It wasn’t rush hour, so I could live, and be sick at the same time without people going, “OH MY GOD, GET OUT, RIGHT NOW.” I mean…People are just jerks, jerks in one big city. Yup, that sounds about right.

I hid my face with my scarf, hoping that my glasses won’t fall off as I slowly put my head down.

“Oh! By the way, Kyuhyun was soo adorable in that captain costume!” Chae said.

I slowly looked up, “Wait, what?”

 She looked at me, “It’s like whenever I find a slight interest in him, you’re all up on me.”

“I can’t help it, you just tend to leave me alone when you’re dating.”

“Yes, it’s been a while since I last dated, hasn’t it?”

“Most definitely, I like being alone.” I joked. “Anyways, when are you going to ask him out?”

She shook her head, “Alex, trust me when I say this, the guy should always ask the girl out.”

I nod my head, “Alright, alright.” I mutter.

The train stopped, and we walked our ways to the competition building. Chae ushered me to a seat as I sat there, resting my head on my fist. I told her that if I fell asleep, that she should wake me up when it was our boy’s turn. She, of course, agreed.

I closed my eyes for a few minutes, but then I felt a quick shake as my eyes widen.

“They’re on.” She says, standing up to see past the hundreds of people that were still there.

I sat there for a moment, and looked at the stage. The normal pop/club music was being played as the boys came out. Without a moment’s hesitation, they started to dance on beat.

I was staring at Kyuhyun who, surprisingly, improved. He improved a whole lot. Yes, he was still lacking in areas, but they aren’t as noticeable since he was in the back most of the time, as the backup dancer of the group.

After 3 minutes, the song ended, and they got off the stage. Apparently, they were the last ones to dance. Well, good for them, right?

“Chae, I’m going to go to the bathroom.” I say as I stumble off to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~.

So in the end, they won second place. Not bad, I mean, they got a pretty large sum of money, right? Anyways, I’m just at the restaurant, celebrating their victory with them.

We just sat at a booth, Kyuhyun sitting between Chae and I as Eunhyuk, Donghae and Shindong sat in front of us. I know, I know, I should’ve gone home, but I’m tired, and I don’t want to walk home alone. It’s just not safe, and once again, I’m tired.

“I’m so happy for you guys.”  Chae clapped, “Kyuhyun-shi, you were amazing!”

Kyuhyun blushed, of course, and thanked her. The other guys paid more attention to the food, so they didn’t bother picking on Kyuhyun.

I just ate my soup, enjoying the warmth that came down my throat so smoothly. That sounds weird, but you know what, we’re going to keep at it.

Thank god for warm food.

“Alex, are you okay?” Donghae asked me, “You look like you’re in pain.”

I looked up at Donghae, smiling, “I’m just a bit under the weather.”

“Did you stay up studying all night?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked, (finally paying attention to me) as he placing his hand against my head, “You did this the last time too.”

“I know, but it’s just I’m tired, and I realized that I forgot to do a huge project.” I mumbled. “Plus, I was learning English.”

“Oh god, don’t tell me, you spent up all night watching movies again.” Donghae sighed.

“It wasn’t a movie.”

“A TV show?”

I felt all of them stare at me awkwardly, as though I was an idiot. Okay, okay, maybe I am. But can you blame me? I didn’t feel like doing homework!

Eunhyuk stared at me, then looked over at Kyuhyun, “Hey, junior, why don’t you take her home?”

“Me?” Kyuhyun asked, a little bit surprised.

Eunhyuk nodded, “I mean, it makes sense, right? Donghae has to drive the other way home, and you’re the one that made us lose first place.”

“HyukJae, you’re not being fair.” I say.

“I’ll take her home.” Donghae said, “Aish, why did you come if you were sick?”

“I wanted to show my support!” I happily say in a cute voice, getting up. “Besides, I’m fine. Donghae, you can take me home, right?”

“Of course.”

“I don’t mind taking you home. Your place is pretty close to mine, anyways.”

This was my first time hearing this.

“Wait, what? Where do you live?”

“Oh, just a few blocks away.”

Everyone was staring at him. I guess it was the first that they’ve heard of this also.

“Well, since Kyuhyun lives so close to her, she’ll go home with him.” Eunhyuk decided.

“Really? Really? Can’t I just go with my brother?”

“He has a photoshoot the next morning.” Eunhyuk put his arm around him.

And now insert those two bickering with Donghae telling him that it was only going to take a few minutes, but Eunhyuk going on about how Kyuhyun can do it since he’s just a student, and not some internationally famous celebrity unlike Donghae. I looked at my brother, and back at Eunhyuk. I swear, they were like a couple, always taking care of each other, and fighting with each other. Too bad they weren’t gay.

But then I realized something.

Hyukjae, that jerk, put me in the same car with Kyuhyun…Alone. I mean…You know what I mean by this, right? Kyuhyun? The guy that simply kissed me and told me he liked Chae more? That Chae likes him back? That those two really wanted each other in every way possible, and the only thing that’s in their way is me—and I’ve already gotten rid of myself by dating someone else.

Damn you Eunhyuk.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun and I both got in his car, I buckled my seatbelt, kinda, sorta miserable, but you know what? At least I can go home, right? Except for the pang of guilt that overrides me ‘cause I felt Chae looking at me as Kyuhyun placed his arm around my shoulder .

Why God? Why? You know, I’ve always been faithful—okay, for the most part—and I’ve never done anything mean to anyone. Like, like steal someone’s crush, but to be near him? Why God? WHY? I THOUGHT WE WERE ON THE SAME SIDE!

I closed my eyes for a moment, tired as can be, but the car didn’t start. I opened my eyes and saw Kyuhyun looking at me.

 “W-what?” I asked, feeling a little self conscious about myself.

“Lip balm, do you need lip balm?” he asked.

“Huh?”

He reached in his pocket and gave me that circle lip balm that everyone’s been using lately—mostly girls—and simply his car, driving off.

I stared at the lip balm for a moment, still confused.

“Your lips are really dry.” He added, staring at the road.

Again, puzzled. I reached up for my lips and felt the cracks in them. Of course, winter’s a jerk and dries up a lot of things.

“Thanks.” I say, putting the lip balm on.

There was a silence for a short while, then Kyuhyun continued talking.

“Look, Alex about the kiss.” Kyuhyun started, “I’m sorry for my horrible, jerk—or bastard like ways telling you that.”

I was a little bit surprised that he would talk about that so fast.

“It’s fine.” I sat up straighter, putting the cap on, “It was at the heat of the moment for me too.” (Well, aren’t I lying fairly well today.)

Kyuhyun was silent for a moment, “Really?”

I nod, “What can I say? I’m a er for nice guys.” A sigh came out of me, “It wasn’t just your fault. It was mine too…And…Well, let’s just say sorry and get over it.”

“I got you Shinhwa CD’s to make you feel better.”

“Wait, what?”

“Shinhwa CD’s…?”

“Okay, you’re absolutely forgiven.” I smiled, forgetting that I was sick.

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Good.” He glanced at me for a moment, “Hey, what are you doing over Lunar New Year?”

I started to untwist the cap of the lip balm, “Nothing.”

“Oh, really?”

I nod, “I don’t really feel like going anywhere, it’s too tiresome. I mean, first Christmas, then a month later New Years? I’m already tired as it is.”

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked, bemused.

I started to put the lip balm on my lips once again, “Yup.”

He drove into my building’s parking lot, and got out of the car to run over and open my door. I thanked him and got out.

“I’m glad you won.” I tell him, “And hey, ask Chae out, she might say yes.”

Kyuhyun seemed a little surprised, “Did she say anything?”

Once again, I nod, “She did. So ask her out while she’s still interested.”

I didn’t expect a fast reaction, but he didn’t seem as happy as I thought he would’ve been. Because, I mean, he should be, shouldn’t he? The girl that he had a crush on for the longest time now has an interest in him. So…Shouldn’t he be happy?

I looked at my apartment complex, “Again, thank you for the ride.”

“Wait, um, I have to ask you something.” He started, taking a deep breath. “I know this is going to be really awkward, since you just told me that Chae’s interested in me and all, but…Um…I accidentally said something stupid while talking to my parents because my sister was being an idiot, and I just…Well, I just blurted out the most idiotic thing and—”

“Can you get to the point?”

“Will you be my fake girlfriend?”

I stared at him with a stupefied expression.

What?

What?

When?

Who?

What?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello Mate! If there are any spelling mistakes, I'm really sorry, because I couldn't really pay attention to it, since I've been reading everything in a British accent lately! Why? Because I just had a 6 hour marathon of Doctor Who, playing constantly all today. So it's hard to try and proofread this while in a different accent. Other then that, as you can tell, new chapter! Woot! I finally got off my lazy bottom and did something! I just had to post it right away for my old readers who were like "What?" when the last chapter was added! I felt too bad for you guys, so here you are! A "New" chapter, not an old chapter that I hid for a while becuase I was planning to rewrite some scenes! So...Tadaa!

Comment or else I'll travel with the time lord, and won't be able to come back until 12 months later!