24- A Very Unfun Date.

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

 (Kyuhyun POV)


 

(Next Day)

Today was the day where Chae and I would have an unofficial date, all thanks to Alex of course. I sat in front of the school, nervous about what was going to happen. From what Alex said, I was suppose to sit next to Chae, and her next to me, informing me on what to do. Today was huge.

I checked my hair, using the school’s water fountain, to see if it was alright. It looked perfectly fine. I fixed my glasses, and my buttoned down shirt before I let the music from my ipod control me. Oh music, how I’ve missed you.

“Oh, Kyuhyun?”

I turned around, trying to find the voice. Then suddenly, I saw him.

Choi Siwon.

“Dude, what are you doing here?” I asked, obviously surprised that Siwon would attend the high school musical. I mean, he’s an actor! Shouldn’t he be doing something else? Not to mention that he’s famous because of “Secret Garden” and all. So I’m just surprised that he’s here.

“Your mother wanted me to come here to see their acting. She said that it would help them gain confidence if a real actor came.” He fixed his nerd glasses, “What about you?”

I smiled, of course she would. My mother, for some reason, loves the kids at her school. So, if they had a friend like Choi Siwon, of course they’d want him to come.

Quickly, I shook my head, erasing my thoughts, “Date.” I replied.

One of his brows rose,“With?”

I smiled, getting ready to open my mouth to say, Chae, but was immediately cut off thanks to a:

“SUNBAE!”

Siwon turned around, and I looked at Alex who was running towards me. She was wearing jeans and a shirt with her usual shoulder bag. She took a deep breath before looking at me and smiling.

“Sunbae-nim! Are you excited tonight?” she asked me.

I smiled at her, “Have I ever told you that I love you for doing this?”

“You have, a million times” she nodded, taking another deep breath.

“…Alex?”

She turned around and stared at Siwon for a bit. Her eyes widened when she suddenly hugged him. “OH MAI GOSH! WONNIE!”

I stared at her, then at Siwon who was a little bit shocked, but hugged her back.

“Do you two know each other?” I asked, staring at those two.

Siwon smiled at me. “Her brother and I use to be in Super Junior ’05, remember?”

I made an O with my mouth and nodded. That makes sense. Ah, to bad really. In all honesty, the rotational group was a stupid idea. Well, to me it is. I mean, switching members every year? They barely even have anyfans (or in my eyes) because most people don’t like the idea of having the members change every year.

It would’ve been so much better if they would’ve stuck to the 3rd generation Super Junior, the first generation Super Junior was stupid, the second was weird, but the 3rd was perfect with their U concept. Eh, I’m probably over thinking.

I shook my head from those thoughts and paid attention at Alex who was talking to Siwon. They must be really close.

“Hello Kyu.”

I turned around and saw Chae stand there. She was wearing a pastel colored, flowered mini dress with a mini cream colored cardigan on her shoulders and black stockings. Her hair was in a French braided side tail, and she wore minimal make up. To make long story short, she looked gorgeous.

I didn’t know how to react, honestly. So I did what any normal person in love did. “Hi.” I waved, and might I add that the wave was very awkward.

Chae smiled at me before glancing over at Alex and Siwon. “So your mom owns this school?”

I nodded my head, smiling, “Yeah.”

“Wow, you must be rich.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “I get by.”

Okay, I might as well tell you that this small talk was very short and very awkward. But it was still an improvement from the usual, “Good mornings!” we’d give to each other every time we saw each other, right? Besides, tonight was a date, so I had to treat her as a lady today to try to win over some points from her.

“Let’s go in.” Siwon suggested.

We both turned to look at him. Siwon and Alex were holding hands. Again, my mind went on going, “Are the a couple?” if so, Alex doesn’t show it. Maybe they’re really close friends. Yeah, close friends. There’s no way Alex would bother to lie to me about it, right?

Our group was in the building, and we sat next to each other. I sat inbetween Chae and Alex (as planned), while Siwon sat next to Alex. But still, the thought bugs me.  How well have they known each other? They seem really close, and to be honest? I’m jealous. I wish I was like that with Chae. You know, having her hug me, and stop speaking with formalities.

Alex nudged my shoulder, “Good luck.” She whispered.

It took me a moment to register what was going on.

I was on a date with Chae.

Glancing over at Chae, I noticed how Chae was sitting. She was sitting as if she was an elegant lady. Her back was straight, her hair rested perfectly on her shoulder. She was beautiful.

The musical started, and I was more than nervous. My heart was beating too fast to even realize what was going on in the musical. Just pretend to watch Kyuhyun, just pretend to watch.

Oh who am I kidding? I can’t even do that! Not to mention, I don’t even like A Very Potter Musical! The Sequel is so much better, in my opinion. So much better.

It wasn’t until Dumbledore threw a blowpop at me did I pay attention.

I held the blow pop. Maybe…

“Chae, do you want it?”

She smiled at me, shaking her head.

Well that failed.

I looked over at Alex and poked her shoulder. She turned around, “Hm?”

“Do you want it?”

“Thank you!” she whispered, taking it.

I smiled at her, then tried to pay attention to the musical. But of course, it was difficult to do so, considering the fact that I’m sitting next to a goddess like Chae.

Kyuhyun, calm down.

Soon, the musical was over, and I did absolutely nothing to woe Chae over. The drama teacher came up to the stage and started talking about how hard the students worked on it, and then introduced Siwon.

Everyone turned around, looking for Siwon. Their whispers filled the auditorium. I glanced at Siwon who stood up and walked all the way to the stage. Everyone cheered. I mean, why wouldn’t they? This was Choi Siwon, one of the most loved actors in South Korea. He’s known as the gentleman, or prince. Of course they love him, who wouldn’t? He’s pretty legit on and off stage.

I glanced over at Chae who seemed bored to death by now. Then at Alex who was giving her full attention to Siwon.

I felt utterly jealous, in all honesty. Yes, I have Chae sitting next to me, but I couldn’t help but feel jealous at how Alex gave Siwon all her attention. Yes, I know, I should only pay attention to Chae, but c’mon! It’s weird seeing Alex seem so nice to a guy, despite her quiet and shy self. Not to mention she speaks so informally to him, and not to me. Kinda gets me aggravated, you know?

Once it was all over, we all walked out.

“Well.” Alex started, “Siwon-ah, can you drive me home?”

 “Home? Sure.” Siwon smiled.

I let out a deep sigh. Of course Alex wouldn’t ask me. She’s closer to Siwon.

“Sunbae, can you drive me home?” Chae asked.

I looked at her and smiled, nodding.

Chae and I walked to my car, I opened the door for her and closed it. Soon, we drove off into a complete and utter silence.

What can I say, honestly? We don’t really have anything to talk about other than “So…How was your day?” or something of that sort. Small talk, boring talk, the kinds of talks that seem so awkward and not so desirable.

“So how has Alex been doing in Calc?

Is that all we can talk about?

“Great, she’s doing better in Calculus than I thought. But didn’t she take intro calculus?”

“Pre-calc? Yeah.”

“Well, she seems really off about math, so it’s pretty much just re-teaching her.”

“Ahh…I see…Well, math was never really her strong point. Not to mention that the pre-calc teacher didn’t know what he was talking about.”

“Really? How so?”

She let out a sigh, “Our pre-calc teacher was an idiot, honestly. He barely knew what he was talking about and only showed us what was on slides, rather than give out examples and teach us through there. He didn’t use simple words, and never really explained anything.”

 “And no one complained about him?”

“Oh they did. He was fired the year after we graduated.”

“Ah, I see.” I muttered, paying attention to the road.

There was another silence.

“This is a totally random question.” Chae started, “But are you and Alex together?”

I wasn’t surprised by this question anymore. In all honesty, I’ve gotten used to this by so many people asking. It would make sense, wouldn’t it? Considering the fact that I’m with Alex most of the time because I have no one else to hang out with? I mean, most of my friends are busy, and some of them already have a family to attend to.

“Er, we’re not dating, but it’s mostly because we got close really fast.” I smiled at her.

Is she jealous?I thought as Chae nodded. “I see.”

“May I ask why you asked that question?”

“You two seem cute together, that’s why.”

“No, Alex and I are just close.”

She nodded, “But, I mean, you two have only known each other for 3 months, and already, you’re the first guy to have come into her apartment—alone.”

“Well, Alex and I just clicked.”

That, and she’s helping me get you!

“Ah, I see. Well, if you two want to date, then go ahead! It’ll be adorable, two geeks for each other.” She smirked.

My heart dropped.

“I see…”

“Oh, and Alex has been telling me about your dance sessions with Eunhyuk. How are they going?”

I let out a small smile, “Great, honestly. Eunhyuk and I have our huge differences, but they’ve been fun.”

But I don’t really get along with Eunhyuk because well…We’re too different.

“I didn’t know you could dance.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “Alex talked me into it.”

“…Why?”

Because of you.

“Because she finds enjoyment in the fact that I couldn’t dance, so I just did it to make her happy.”

“I see...”

There was another awkward silence in the car. I wanted to continue our conversation, but what else could we talk about? When push comes to shove, talk about the weather. But that’s o boring and desperate!

“Take a left.” Chae said.

I listened and did so. We stopped by an expensive looking apartment building, and Chae walked out.

“Bye Sunbae.” She smiled before closing the door.

I took a deep breath before I watched her walk into her building.

Chae thinks I’m in love with Alex when I’m really not. What’s worse is that she approves of me and Alex.

I drove home and walked into my place with those thoughts.

It makes me wonder…Every time, whenever a guy is nice to a girl, does that mean he likes to her? Now a days, it makes no sense.

For now, I’m just confused.

I mean, yeah, Alex is a sweet girl! She’s adorable! But I just can’t imagine dating her right now.

If I do date her, then it’d just be for fun, I guess. And I don’t want to date her just because I can’t get Chae.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment or else I shall send VOLDEMORT towards you! (OR worse! Umbridge!)