29: The Date

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

 “Sorry, I’m going to have to cancel today! I suddenly have work. -Seunghyun”

I sighed, putting my phone back in my pocket. Great, I wasted time today. So much for dressing up, right?

Now what?

I have no work today, Henry’s studying for finals, I just finished my final, Chae was busy (as usual), and well…I don’t have any other friends..Yes, it’s sad, isn’t it? Oh well…I guess I can bug someone.

I know! Eunhyuk!

I started to skip to Eunhyuk’s dance practice. I swear, that guy always has food. Plus, he loves me! Mostly because of my brother, but still! I’m pretty adorable, right?

I was about to open the door to the dance building when the door suddenly opened, and Kyuhyun walked out. I stood there, shocked for a little bit. Why was Kyuhyun here?

“Oh, Alex.” He started, before smiling. “What are you doing here?”

“I-I was looking for someone to talk to.”

Kyuhyun smiled, “Well, do you wanna have a small date with me?” he then seemed a little bit surprised suddenly, “Oh,” he started, touching the hair band that was on my head, “Was this the one I bought you?”

I chuckled, nodding. “It was really cute.”

He smiled, patting my cheek. “Oh, you’re really cold.”

“I was waiting in the cold for a while.”

“What? Did he really ditch?”

“He had work.” I sighed, “And this is why I don’t date.”

“Aw, c’mon, not all guys do that.”

“Yeah, but it’s happened to me too many times to count.”

Kyuhyun was silent for a bit, but then he suddenly grabbed my hand. “How about we go on a date?”

“What?”

“Date. Just one. I’ll just show you how some guys treat their girls.”

I started laughing, “So this means that I can bum another meal out of you?”

“Precisely.” He winked.

I beamed, “Let’s go then! Somewhere warm, hopefully.”

“Rice cakes and fish cake?”

“Let’s do this.” I gave him a thumbs up.

He suddenly grabbed that hand, “Aish, not wearing gloves?” he asked, putting my hand in his pocket with his warming it up. “You get cold easily, don’t you?”

I shook my head, “Not really.”

“Good, because I do. My hands are freezing.”

I continued to stare at him, before laughing. “You geek!”

“I know.” He winked, “But you love me.”

“Because you’re buying me food? Yes.”

“Nope, because I’m your lover for the entire day.” He smiled, taking out my hand and kissed the back of my hand. “Well then milady, where should we go?”

My cheeks turned a bright red color. “S-Sunbae!”

“Again with the Sunbae!” he sighed, shaking his head. “For today, call me honey. It’s just for today, okay?”

I slowly nodded. “Today only?”

“Just to make you believe in men again.” He winked. “Besides, you know me! I don’t change feelings for a person very easily, so don’t worry, I won’t fall in love with you.”

“It’s not like I was worried about that.” I muttered behind my breath—even though I was kind of disappointed in hearing that.

“Yeah yeah yeah, well then, let’s go!”

Kyuhyun pulled my hand, putting it back into his pocket, and we walked into a place that sold street food. It was warm, mostly because there was warm air due to the food.

“Can I have rice cakes and a few fishes?” Kyuhyun yelled. I looked at him, chuckling softly. Kyuhyun looked at me and pouted, “Alex! Wai are you sitting so far away?” he asked in possibly the cutest voice in the world. I mean, he sounds just like a pouting child!

“Well, you could move closer.”

He shook his head, “No thank you! The view of you is much better here.”

“Aish, Sunba—”

“NEP-BE-TEP!” he said. I honestly don’t know what that means.

“What?”

“We’re a couple, remember?”

“Right, what I mean is: Sweetie, you’re such a child.”

He pouted, “No I’m not!” he said in the same child like voice he had earlier.

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not!”

“Yes.”

“Nope.”

“Yes you are.”

“I refuse to believe this.”

I chuckled, “Gosh, I love you.”

“I love you to.” He winked, “For today anyways.”

“Che.”

The woman who owned the small food stand came and gave us our food. We thanked her and I was about to dig in before Kyuhyun went on with the, “NEP-BE-TEP!”

I looked up, obviously confused. He straightened his chopsticks, got a rice cake and motioned for me to eat it.

“Sunbae.” I turned red.

“C’mon, just for today.” He says.

I looked around and quickly ate it from his chopsticks.  I looked at him and saw him chuckling.

He patted my cheek, “That’s my girl.”

I tried hard not to laugh, but it was difficult to do so. I mean, he’s just so…So sweet.

I picked up another pair of chopsticks, and grabbed a rice cake, indicating him to eat it. He smiled, eating it happily and what not.

“Honey, you should eat a lot, you’ve been losing weight.”

“Really?” Kyuhyun blinked, looking at himself, “I would’ve thought that I gained a few pounds, you know?”

“Yes, but you lost them.” I smiled, “Plus, I want to see a chubbier you…It’s cute, honestly.”

“Really?” he smiled, “Well then, I’ll gain weight, I promise.”

Something about his smile just made be blush. Don’t ask why, I just did.

We ate. During that time, Kyuhyun would try to hold my hand which made me choke on my food. I swear, he did that on purpose. Then he would entangle his legs with mine, and then look at me, complimenting on how pretty I am.

I swear, if Chae doesn’t fall in love with this guy, I will take him whole heartedly.

Kyuhyun paid, and then we both left.

He held my hand, putting it in his pocket since his hands were cold. Our fingers were interlaced with each other, and for some reason, I felt comfortable.

“What time is it?” Kyuhyun asked.

I checked my watch, “8:30”

He nodded, staring at the sky, “Hey Alex, have you ever seen the stars before?”

“Mm…When my family use to go camping together.”

“Ah, I’m jealous.” He sighs. “I mean, I’ve seen the stars before, but…You know, with the city lights and all…”

“We should go camping sometime.”

I glanced at Kyuhyun who was nodding.

“Oh wait,” he suddenly said, letting go of my hand to get something from his pocket. His ipod. “Alex, do you like ballads?”

“I love them.”

He unwrapped his earphone and placed it into my ear, “I hope you like old songs too.”

The first song that played was “Sad Fate”

We continued to walk around for another hour.  With Kyuhyun, I felt at ease. I’m going to be completely honest, I felt at ease. It felt perfect, and it was comfortable. It felt like we were a real couple.

“Do you want to spend the night together?”

Well that suddenly broke the comfortable atmosphere.

“Wait, what?” I blushed, “Kyuhyun, I don’t—”

“I don’t mean it like that. I mean, going camping. Just you and me. We won’t do anything wrong, I won’t sleep with you in that sort of sense, I promise.”

I looked at him. Well, Kyuhyun was honest. I mean, I’ve known him for what? Four months already? And yet, he’s already gained my trust. It’s like, if I suddenly fell off a bridge, I know that he would fall with me, trying to catch me even though it wasn’t likely.  He was loyal, and I had to give props to him for that.

“Alright.” I smiled, “Let’s do it.”

He grinned, “Let’s go to a train.”

“Alright, do you want to go to your place to get your blanket?”

“Meh, I need new ones anyways. Just, I’m going to bum a meal out of you for the next few days, okay?”

“I can help pay.” I suggested, “But…Where are we going.”

Kyuhyun stopped for a bit, thinking. “Hm…I have no idea.”

I looked at Kyuhyun, “Wow.”

“Maybe we could be under a bridge.”

“Well that sounds romantic.” I said sarcastically.

“Well, as long as we’re together…That counts, right?” he asked, look at me.

Is Kyuhyun acting this out, or is he being serious?

“…Alright.”

“Legit! I’ll buy blankets.” He says, “Or blanket.”

I nodded, looking at him. “Let’s do this.” He grabbed my hand, and we walked to a super store.

Our hands were still in his pocket, both of us sharing the same headphones. People were walking past us, staring. I really can’t blame them, I know that I’d do the same thing if I saw both a male and a female doing the same thing we were.

“Sunbae-nim.” I start, quietly pulling my hand away from his.

“Yah!” he scolded me, tightening his grip on my hand, “As your day long lover, I’m going to embarrass you, you should know that!”

I turned red, “Sunbae…”

“What did I say about calling me that?”

“Gah, I mean, sweetie…”

“Good.” He smiled, pulling me around.

We went into the bed section, Kyuhyun picked out a cheap blanket that seemed big enough for the both of us to fit into. It had flower prints on it! Something a little kid would love to sleep in! All in all, the blanket was only $20, so it was a pretty good price, right?

“Are you really going to do this?” he asked, making sure of my answer.

I nodded, “We’re young, we need to make memories…Right?”

He smiled, “Of course.”

I felt my heart stop for a moment. Something about that smile makes me happy, for some reason. There were butterflies in my stomach, playing around, having fun, so on and so forth. Oh gosh, I felt like such a girl!

“I’ll buy the tooth brush and toothpaste, is that okay?” I say, trying to get away from him.

“It’s perfect.”

“Do you wear contacts?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll buy the small things, you just buy the blanket, okay?”

“Right.”

I walked away from him, pulling my hand away from his, and headed to the health department.  My cheeks were burning at this moment, not because I was sick, but this usually happens whenever I’m flustered. “Gah! Cho Kyuhyun! Look what you did to me!”

“What did I do to you?”

I jumped, turning around to see Kyuhyun stare at me with a confused look.

“Well?” he continued, walking closer.

“N-nothing.” I shook my head.

“C’mon!” he pouted, then he looked at me, and with a mischievous look on his face, he said: “Don’t tell me, are you falling for me already?”

You know what’s sad? I know that he’s joking on that question. But for some reason, I just want to turn red and hide. Rather, I just hit his arm and went, “Yeah right, in your dreams, lover boy.”

He chuckled, “Yeah yeah, I know.”

Quickly, I got the toothpaste and toothbrush, then a small contact solution with 2 of those contact holding things before we checked out.

Kyuhyun grabbed my hand, “I know a place where no one goes to.” He then dragged me to a nearby, yet far bridge.   He placed the blanket on the ground, and motioned for me to lay on it. I did, and he did so pursuit, pulling the blanket over us.

“Can you sleep on my arm?”

“Sure.” I say.

He folded the plastic bag that held the blanket and placed it under his head, pulling out his arm so that I could lie on. For me, it was awkward. He looked at me, and I blushed. I felt awkward, being so…close to a man.

“What time is it?”

“It’s…10:15” I say, wow, time passed so fast.

“Hey Alex.” He starts, “Tell me about the last guy you dated.”

I paused for a moment, “What?”

“Well?” he looked at me. “Do you mind telling me?”

I thought for a moment, “If you tell me about the Sora girl.”

Kyuhyun stared at me. “What?”

“C’mon, do you really think I bought that kingdom hearts lie?” I chuckled, “I’ll tell you my story if you tell me yours.”

He was silent for a moment, but agreed. “But you tell me yours first.”

“Deal.” I took a deep breath, “To start off, the first guy I ever dated only dated me because he was only using me to get closer to Chae. Once he did, he broke up with me. Then the second guy…He cheated on me. In all honesty, I don’t want to go into detail. But those relationships were a waste of time.”

But then, for some reason, I just told him everything. From how the first guy broke my heart by breaking up with me with a text, to how much I hated Chae back then. But of course, she didn’t know anything. She knew absolutely nothing since we were dating in private. But of course, he used that fact for his advantage.

Then the second guy, he was introduced to me by Chae. It didn’t last long, 2 months to be exact, until we broke up. I found out that he was already dating another girl, without Chae’s knowledge. I was heartbroken. I hated everything in life, I hated people, I just…I wish men didn’t exist at that time.

I looked up at Kyuhyun who nodded. “I can see why you hated men so much.” He sighed, but then  “Then…Did this date change your mind set on men?”

“A little.” I truthfully admitted. “Even though you’re interested in Chae, you’re honest about it. Plus, you’re not really using me in that sort of sense—unlike the other guy.”

Plus…You wouldn’t hurt me, unlike the other guys.

“Your turn.” I say.

He smiled, “Well, all I can say is…It was 3 years wasted.”

Kyuhyun then started to talk about how they met in high school, how he fell insanely for her, and he pretty much gave up his dreams for her. He told me about how he regret it, since she broke up with him the day he turned down the chance to be in SM entertainment.

I felt angry.

“Cho Kyuhyun, don’t dare hurt yourself over the past.” I start, sitting up. “Kyuhyun,” I said informally. “No matter what happens, if you want someone to support you in your singing career, I’ll be right here, cheering for you in the crowd. I want to see you sing onstage, trust me when I say it, I want it to happen more than anything.”

“That’s nice, but it’s too late. I’m too old.”

“No you’re not. You’re alright, now I want you to go audition—”

“It’s too late.” He repeated.

“Kyuhyun, please.” I start, getting closer to him, holding his hand. “Know that I’ll be by your side though this, even if you fail, I’ll support you no matter what. My dad use to always say that it’s better to live a life in rags and do what you love than to live in a mansion doing what you hate.” I say, holding his hand. “Trust me, I’ll be your number one fan.” I gave him a small, reassuring smile.

“Heh, Eunhyuk said the same thing earlier.” He chuckled, “But I don’t know. Where do I start?”

“Audition. I’ll send your voice to companies, and I’ll pray that you’ll get in. C’mon, what do you say?”

He looked at me, a little skeptical. “I don’t know.”

“C’mon! I’ll be your manager, I promise.” I gave him my pinky.

There was a small silence. “Well…Why not? I’ll give it a shot.” He placed his pinky on mine. “I bet the other singers are going to be jealous, seeing how pretty my manager is.”

I turned red once more. “Gah, you and your ability to make me blush.”

“It’s an amazing ability if you ask me.”

I pinched his nose, “Not at all.”

He suddenly poked me sides, making me yelp, “It’s an amazing power.”

I punched his shoulder, “Idiot.”

“You wanna fight?” he joked, standing up.

“Let’s do this!” I say.

He ran backwards, and then turned around to run faster. I chased him, but the second I got soo close to him, I tripped. “UWA!” I screamed.

“Alex!” Kyuhyun yelled, grabbing my hand.

The hill was steep. Kyuhyun held onto my body as we tumbled down the hill. It wasn’t that big of a hill, thankfully, but the fall felt like forever. Once we stopped, I opened my eyes and saw Kyuhyun bleeding a little bit on his arm.

“Sunbae!” I gasped, staring at his arm. “Sunbae, are you awake?”

“Shh.” He managed to mutter, opening his eyes. “I’m okay.”

Thoughts ran through my mind, I continued staring at his bleeding arm. Tears automatically came out of my eyes, “Sunbaenim!” I say, searching my pockets for a band aid—even though it wouldn’t be enough because the gash was huge.

“Alex, what time is it?” he muttered, staring at me.

I looked at my watch, “It’s 11:58”

Holy crap! How long did we talk?

“Crap, we only have 2 minutes left.”

I blinked for a bit, “What?”

“Hey Alex, if you had a lover, what would you want him to do?”

“W-what?”

“Don’t make me repeat myself.”

I thought for a moment, turning red. “What else would a girl want?”

“I have one thing on my mind, but I’m not sure if it’s on yours.”

I blushed like an insane idiot, again, but I said it. “I would want him to kiss me, and say something that came from the heart.”

Kyuhyun looked at me, he slowly got up, making me slid on his lap. “Your wish is my command.” He says, kissing my forehead before whispering, “You’ve heard this from me before, and I’ll say it again until you believe it. But Alex, you’re so gorgeous.”

My heart started to beat a million times faster, I looked up at him and I saw him smiling. I stared at his lips, they kissed my nose.

“You’re really, really gorgeous.” He says.

I stared at him, his dark brown eyes were just enticing. My gaze fell on his lips. Those perfect lips. Slowly, I felt myself leaning towards him. “Idiot.” I muttered, pressing my lips against his. There was a spark between us, there was no doubt about it. Or maybe, it was just in my mind. After all, I didn’t have very much practice in this area.  Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my closer to him.

The world felt as though it was spinning. As though the only two people in the world was just Kyuhyun and I. I felt the kiss go deeper as he slipped his tongue into mine. He held onto my body even tighter.

My body felt hot as we continued. The only thought that came through my mind was how much I wanted him to be with me, not with Chae. I pulled away from his lips, kissing down his jaw line. For once, I felt at ease. I felt weird. It felt like, even though I was possibly the most idiotic person in the world, that there was one person that would fix my mistakes, or maybe overlook them.

I’m sorry Chae, but you can’t have him. He’s mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See what your comments did? :D

Anyways, comment or else...I SHALL CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT KYULEX!! MWAHAHAHHA!!

Oh, and I'm part of a collaboration with MusicChibi about writing a letter to two of the suju members called "Love Always" Check it out! :3