11-"Sick" Plans

Math Saved My Love Life!

Alex POV


I woke up the next morning, sneezing like crazy. Aish! Damn it! Why? I mean, why can’t I be healthier? The 9 weeks exam is coming soon, and here I am, sick. Groaning, I reached for my phone and called Chae. The phone kept on ringing, but no one picked up. I soon tried to call Henry, but again, no one picked up.

Of course, no one would care for the poor girl, sick—almost dead—in bed! Because it’s a freaking Saturday and everyone has plans. Oh, that’s right! I dialed the number for Mr. Kim, my boss, and pressed the phone against my ear until I heard a firm, “Hello?”

“Mr. Kim?” I weakly said before coughing, “I caught the cold, so I don’t think I can come in today.”

“Oh…Okay well, hope you get better.” He said before hanging up.

I sighed, looking at me phone. Just at that second, another call came. “Math Genius” lit up. I laughed, oh it’s Kyuhyun, apparently.

“Hello?” I asked, after I picked it up.

“Hey! Alex! I’m right outside your house, so can you open the door?”

“Sunbae, I’m kinda sick right now, can we do the tutoring another time?”

“Sick? What? Do you want me to buy you some soup?” he asked with a worried tone.

“It’s fine (Cough) I’ll get around (Cough, cough) sooner or later.”

“Aish, I’m gonna buy you some food, so stay in one place, okay?”

“Kyuhyun sunbae…” I gave a small smile while rolling around on my bed, hiding my smile, “You’re really…Amazing, did you know that?”

“Yes, I know.” He chuckled, “So that’s okay with you, right?”

I nodded, even though I knew he didn’t see me. “Completely fine.”

“Alright! I’ll be back! I swear.” He said before hanging up. I felt a smile fall upon my face as laid in bed.

Chae, you’re lucky I’m giving you such an amazing guy!

My phone suddenly rang, I woke up and checked it. Chae’s calling me?

“Hello?”  I picked up.

“Yeah, Alex! Why’d you call?”

I sniffed, “Chae-ah~ Can you come and take care of me~?” I whined, acting like the brat that she loves, “Kyu sunbae is coming over to buy me food, so can you keep me company? You know how nervous I am with men!”

Chae was silent for a little bit, “I was actually coming to see you—but Kyuhyun sunbae is…What?”

“He’s bringing me food, so Chae~ Come~” I whined.

She sighed, before muttering “Alright, alright.” And hung up.

I pulled the phone from my ear and beamed.

You’re welcome Kyuhyun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laid in my bed, taking tissues from my box over and over again, sneezing, drinking water, hiding under the blankets. It was so cold! Why? Why was I so sick at this moment? I hated this! I hate being sick. I hated the icky feeling, and the fact that I couldn’t breathe through my nose! for me. It really does . I know I sound like I’m complaining, but I just really hate being sick.

Drowsily looking at my clock, I groaned. I called them 10 minutes ago, so I still had to wait a while longer until they would come.

The thoughts of Kyuhyun coming and seeing Chae made me giggle. You see, the scene in my head goes like this: him just standing there nervous as heck, looking at Chae, not knowing what to say then he started to stutter. That’s Kyuhyun for you, right? Well, considering that I’ve known him for what? Two, three weeks? Pretty legit if you ask me.

I heard the door unlock, and footsteps slowly came in. “Alex?” Chae’s voice rang.

“Hm~?” I groaned.

She quickly walked up the stairs, “Oh god, Alex! You look awful!”

I opened one eye, “Gee, thanks.” I coughed, pulling the blanket over my head.

“I’m sorry!” she sighed, “But what happened?”

“I had classes yesterday, it was raining that day and…Yeah, the rest should be easily figured out.”

Chae sighed, placing her hand on my forehead, “You have a really high fever.”

“I already took some medicine, so it should go down sooner or later.” I informed, looking at her. “But, uh…Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Um…You know, I see you dating soo many guys, but…What do you really want in a man?”

She stared at me for a bit, “Um…Well…That’s really random…”

“And?”

“It’s just that…You never ask that…”

“Well I’m asking it now.”

She stared at me, “Well…”

“Well~?”

“I like it when a guy’s thoughtful, quiet, musical, and when he tries to get close to my friends—especially you.” She pinched my cheek, “I love you, but you really need to talk to men—other than the ones that are like family. Explore the guys in this world, or else you’re gonna be an old lady one day thinking, ‘Hmm…I wish I got laid back then’ or something!”

I turned a bright shade of red, “CHAE!” I scolded, hiding my face in the pillow.

She chuckled, “I’m kidding at the last part, but seriously. You really do need to explore the world of men—date! It’s fun to be in love—heck, it’s better than staying single!”

I pouted my lips, “I know…But…I just can’t find the right one.”

“You will sweetie, you will.” She gave me her usual nervous smile. “Anywho, do you want me to do anything?”

“Unnie, what do you think about Kyuhyun sunbae?”

She seemed to be caught off guard since her eyes widened, “What?”

“Yesterday, Kyuhyun was really nice to me. When it was raining, I forgot my umbrella, I didn’t think anyone was around, but then Kyuhyun found me and walked me to class under his umbrella. So that has to be an amazing quality about him—right?”

“Alex, I—”

“He’s the shy type too! He even got his shoulder wet because he didn’t want to stand any closer than 3 inches of me! The entire time while he was walking me home, I was just thinking, ‘Chae really deserves him.’

Chae shook her head, “No, Alex. He’s just a Sunbae to me.”

“But he’s a really nice Sunbae. He’s really caring, and you gotta admit,” I soon turned red, “He’s pretty hot.”

Chae stared at me and immediately started laughing, “Oh my god! Did Alex Lee just say that?”

“You gotta admit, he’s pretty hot,” I turned an even brighter shade of red, “plus, he’s really thoughtful! I mean, he never does anything funny, he’s just….Sweet.”I subconsciously smiled, “Plus, have you heard his voice? I mean, it’s seriously like !”

“And how would you know what is little girl?”

I chuckled, “Well, if I knew what it was, by Kyuhyun’s voice whenever he sings, I’m sure that would be close enough. I mean, if you just heard him sing—Oh dear gosh!”

She started to laugh once more, “Wow Alex, just wow.”

 My phone blared, stopping me right there. I picked it up, “Hello?”

“Ah! Alex!” Sunbae’s voice rang, “Can you open the door? It’s locked.”

“R-right.” I said, hanging up on him. I looked at Chae, “That was him, can you go and open the door?”

She nodded, walked down the stars and immediately I heard a confused Kyuhyun going, “Chae?”

Kyuhyun, you're welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Comment or else you will have nightmares about Super Junior. If you Comment, then you will have sweet dreams.