35: Chae first, Maid Second

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

(Alex POV)


 

 “Hey Alex, do you like Kyuhyun?”

I blinked for a bit, “What?”

Chae smiled at me, pushing me down on a bench. “Well? Do you?”

My cheeks turned a bright pink, “No.”

“Liar.”

“I’m not.”

I looked at Chae, not saying anything.

I will admit, I am quite attracted to Mr. Cho. However, I can’t tell her know about it. If she knew about it, then how am I supposed to hook those two up? Yes, I know that it sounds completely and utterly ridiculous, but why should I chase a guy that won’t fall in love with me? It’s stupid. So, the best choice is to let him have his way. He may or may not regret it later.

For now, since Kyuhyun has absolutely no feelings for me, I just won’t seem to have feelings for him.

Plus, I’m pissed at him for kissing me and telling me off.

“You do! You do!” Chae beamed.

“I don’t, I don’t care who he dates.”

Chae stared at me. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

She gave me that certain look that makes you want to tell the truth, but I couldn’t say anything.

“Then you wouldn’t mind if I dated him?”

My eyes widened, but I looked down. “Go ahead.”

“Oh good.” She let out a deep breath, sitting next to me, “I’ve been wanting to, but I couldn’t since you know, I thought you liked him and all.”

I faked a smile, “Why do you like him though?”

“He’s sweet, he’s too sweet for his own good. And he’s caring. Also, it’s the fact that when I asked him to tutor you, without even knowing who you were, he agreed!” Well, those sound like good reasons. That, and he’s FREAKING LIKED YOU FOR 6 MONTHS.

Seriously! I mean, if I was in love with someone, if they asked me to do something, I would do it in a heartbeat! Wouldn’t you? If the guy I liked asked me to go bungee jumping into the hanriver without a rope, I would either do it, or call him some insane idiot.  I say insane idiot, but you pretty much get my point, right?

However, she was right. Kyuhyun really is too sweet and caring. The way that he’s been feeding me without complaint is just…Amazing, honestly. Well, he did complain, but it wasn’t in a serious manner, it was more like a joking manner.

 “Plus, he’s really…Really attractive. I mean,” she poked me. “Have you seen him? He’s so cute. He looks like a little kid when he’s confused!”

He really is. I don’t understand why he thinks that he isn’t, he’s amazingly attractive. As in, celebrity wise. I’m so glad he’s not famous because if he was, I think billions of girls would want to sleep with him. C’mon, admit it, you know it’s true.

But now, I’m just heartbroken. Now that Chae knows that she wants to date Kyuhyun…What am I now?

Oh, that’s right. Just a student that gets taught numbers.

You know what’s weirder? I barely did anything to attract those two.

Oh well.

I looked at Chae and smiled, “I hope you two are happy.”

She grinned, “Thanks. Oh! The Faceshop is having a sale! Let’s go!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~’

We practically walked all over the outlet mall. It wasn’t until I told her that I was going to cut her hair when she goes to sleep did she listen to me when I said, “Let’s take a break.”

I don’t get  why she buys so many things, honestly. It confuses me on so many levels. That, and why would her parents give her so much money? Must be nice to be rich.

But then again. GAH! WHY MUST SHE LIKE KYUHYUN NOW!? Couldn’t she have liked him earlier on? It would’ve been so much easier for me, honestly. I’m having this weird moment as to either tell Chae “NO! HE’S MY MAN!” but nope, I’m just going to shut up.

“So…Did Seunghyun come back to the café yet?” Chae asked.

I looked up, confused a little bit. “Yes…”

“What’d he do?” she asked.

Okay, I might as well explain it to you. Chae thinks that he looks like some singer for some idol group. Of course, I don’t really pay attention to idol groups since I don’t ever go anywhere and I don’t really watch TV—instead, I’m just in my room studying—so I don’t really know any groups called “Big Bang”. All I know are the groups before 2005. Them and U-kiss. In all honesty, I probably wouldn’t have known U-kiss either if I didn’t meet one of the members.

Then again, there’s Kara and SNSD. Well, can’t blame me. One of the Kara members go to my school, so I couldn’t have lived if I didn’t know that, and Jongwoon (Or Yesung) was in the same company as SNSD.

Again, not a fan of idol groups.

“Alex?” Chae snapped me back into reality.

“Hm?”

“What did he do?” she asked in a more serious tone.

“N-nothing. Just…” I thought for a moment. “Asked me out…?”

“Seriously?” her eyes widened, “He asked you out?”

I nodded, “There’s not much to it. He asked me out, I didn’t reply, he left.”

“What? Just like that?”

I slowly nodded, not mentioning the fact that he kissed me, Chae doesn’t need to know that detail. I’ll be mauled if she knew that. MAULED.

I suddenly meeped when I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from Henry.

“Hey! You girls done shopping yet?”

Rather than texting him, I called him because I’m lazy like that. It didn’t take long before he picked up.

“Hey, Henry? Are you still here? I would’ve thought you left by now.”

“Nope, nope, still here.” He sighed, “Hey, where are you?”

“Us? We’re by the fountain near Sephora.”

“Alright, we’ll be there.”

“What? Wa—”

That Canadian hung up.

He’s dead to me. How dare he hang up to me.

“Who was that?” Chae asked.

“Henry, he’s coming here in a moment.” I sigh, “I don’t know why he stayed, the other guys probably left.”

“True. I don’t get why Henry just didn’t follow us here.”

I chuckled, “I know, right? I blame Kyuhyun.”

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate, I picked it up and it was JongWoon—formerly known as Yesung—texting me.

Before anyone gives me weird looks, Yesung and I are like siblings. He and Donghae were trainees at SM, and me, being the stalkery little sister I was, I followed Donghae around all day. And he, being one of Donghae’s bandmates, got to know each other.

I might as well say that I had crushes on most of Donghae’s band mates, but I was a kid! I didn’t know any better! Plus, Yesung and I have the same relationship as I have with Siwon—a brother and sister kind.

“Alex! Hey! I know that we don’t talk much, but can you do me a favor?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I know it’s your day off and all…But…Do you mind working today? I’ll pay you, forsure! It’s just that…We’re a little low on staff.”

I look up at Chae, “I have to go.”

“What? Why?”

“Jongwoon needs help at the café.”

“I’ll go with you—”

“It’s fine, Kyuhyun and Henry are coming, so just stay there and wait for them.”

“How are you going to get there?”

“It’s only a few blocks from here.” I say, “I’ll just walk.”

“Alright.” Chae said.

I quickly ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

“…Let me get this straight.” I start, “The only reason why this place is getting so much business is because of COSPLAY?” I ask Jongwoon, staring at his pilot costume.

“Okay, don’t judge me!” Jongwoon started, “I was watching an anime, and then I watched ‘Catch Me if You Can’ because, well, you kept on talking about Leonardo Dicaprio before, anyways, and so…Tadaa!”

“What the heck?”

“Don’t judge me, this idea is gold. I mean, see how many customers it brought in?”

Do you know how popular you are, Jongwoon?

I let out a deep sigh, hiding my obvious frustration.“And you called me…Why?”

“Well, since I thought you would look nice in cosplay.”

“And why didn’t you warn me earlier.”

“Because I know you would’ve said no.”

“And give me one reason why I shouldn’t walk away right now.”

“I know your deepest darkest secrets, Donghae’s told me everything.”

I stared at him, “Like what?”

“Well, there’s a picture of you,” Jongwoon grabbed his wallet and showed me a picture of my middle school years when I had pimples all over my face, terrible glasses, and clothes that clashed big time.

“And who are you going to show?” I smiled, “Because obviously, there isn’t anyone that doesn’t know about those days.”

“Oh! Alex!” Henry’s voice rang.

I turned around and saw the trio (Henry, Chae and Kyuhyun) stand behind me. “Oh? What are you doing here?”

“I received a text from Jongwoon.” Henry said.

“We followed.” Chae replied.

Jongwoon nodded, smiling, “And who are you?” he asked.

Kyuhyun blinked, “Oh, I’m Alex’s math tutor.”

Henry slid next to Jongwoon and whispered something in his ear. Jongwoon smiled, “Would you like to see a picture of Alex when she was in middle school?”

Kyuhyun was confused, “Uh, sure.”

“NO, I’LL DO IT!” I suddenly say, turning red.

Jongwoon smiled, “Perfect. Your uniform is in your locker.”

“I hate you.” I say, glaring at him.

“I love you too.” He beamed.

As I walked to the employee room, I heard Jongwoon say something really weird.

“Hey, Kyuhyun, right? You’re good looking, do you wanna work for just today?”

“What?”

I quickly walked into the employee room, took off my clothes and opened the locker just to see a maid costume.

Kim Jongwoon, I hate you.

Quickly, I wore it and looked at myself in the mirror, hating Yesung. It was a maid costume, but the skirt part of the dress was like a mini skirt, the rest was normal, it was just…I felt awkward. It was so girly. Under the black, there were white ruffles in which anyone can see. And there was a ruffly headband.

Wonderful.

“ALEEX, ARE YOU DONE?” Jongwoon’s voice rang.

“Will you hold on?” I ask, walking to the door, opening it just to see Jongwoon, Kyuhyun and Henry stand there. “This is embarrassing.”

“Well, go and serve!” Jongwoon clapped.

“I expect extra on pay.” I mutter.

“Alright, alright.”

I swear, I don’t know what’s up with Jongwoon, or as to why he thinks that cosplay works. Honestly, the only reason as to why there’s a lot of customers today is because he’s here, because he’s an amazing singer, because SM freaking-tainment still kept him unlike a few of the former ’05 members.

As usual, I was taking orders. I felt a lot of stares because of my uniform, but it’s because we don’t normally cosplay.

I turned around and was a little bit surprised to see Kyuhyun in a pilot costume. As in, really surprised. But he looked so good in it.

Curse it! I have such a erted mindset right now.

I feel like a fangirl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT OR ELSE YOUR ERTED DREAMS WITH YOUR BIAS SHALL BE REVEALED TO YOUR BIAS! THEN YOUR BIAS WILL BE CREEPED OUT!!!

Have a nice day! :D