41: Stupid Feels

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

Kyuhyun POV

She was staring at me as though she had witnessed a murder—or as though I told her that I killed her family members, or, or as though I had told her to run away with me, get on the titanic and die together.

Where the heck did I get those analogies?

“I-I’m sorry?” she managed to squeak.

I looked at her, biting my lips. “Er, I need someone to…” then, possibly the worst idea hit me, “I need you, since you’re probably one of the closest friends I have, to help me deal with my sister. I mean, you deal with other people very well, right? She won’t stop pestering me, along with my mother, that I’m single, so I just said I have one…Plus, you get along with other people fairly easily.”

“Why not have Chae do it?”

I looked at her, trying to think of an answer.

“You’re right, she’s horrible with women.” Alex says, “But…I’m sure you have other female friends—right?”

“Er, I kinda lost contact with them after coming back from the army.”

“Right.” Alex mumbled, looking back at me. “But…Um…I’m seeing someone, so I don’t feel very comfortable saying yes.”

“I promise, I won’t do anything stupid. I mean, I completely respect you and your relationship, but…” I stopped, should I really beg?

“I’ll think about it.”

A sense of relief came about when she said that.

“I really do like you, but I swear, if you do this, I won’t infringe in your relationship—who are you in a relationship?” I ask, pretending to not know to act more natural and…Well, me.

She looked down, “He’s a really amazing person.” I saw a small smile on her face.

A small hint of jealousy came about in me. “Really? Do go on.”

Her eyes flickered at me, a small hint of happiness could be seen in them.

“I really haven’t told anyone but Donghae about it yet.”

“What? You told Donghae, but not me?”

She nods, “Of course, he’s my brother.”

I glanced at my watch, “It’s weird, knowing that you’re dating someone before I do.”

“How so?”

“I dunno, it’s just, I always imagined having someone first. It’s like this secret competition, you know?”

“I guess I won then.” She chuckled.

This is probably the worst moment that I think she looked adorable.

“American goodbye?” I ask, opening my arms.

She smiled, and got in them, letting me wrap my arms around her. Huh, she smells nice. It isn’t her normal citrus, it was more along the lines of…I don’t know, flowers?

“Did you change shampoo?” I—stupidly—blurted out.

She gave me a weird look before she started laughing. “W-what?”

“No, I mean, um, I—oh god, this is embarrassing.” I stuttered. “I mean, I didn’t mean to awkwardly smell you, it’s just, I breathe, and you breathe, and I normally tend to breathe through my nose, and so whenever we hug you smell nice, and now you just smell different because I was breathing when I hugged you, and I breathe through my nose.”

I should win the stupid award.

“I did, actually. Thanks for noticing—and breathing through your nose.”

“You’re welcome.”

“G’night!” she smiled, waving as she goes into her building.

Oh God, c’mon man! I’ve been a good man, haven’t I? Why? Why do you not use your heavenly powers to shut my mouth up to keep stupid words from flying out? Why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short Chapter, but hey! At least it's a chapter, right?

Comment or...or...Gah, I'm running out of threats! D: