19-Discovering Kyu's Top Secret

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

Alex POV


 

“Okay, so this is how you do it.” He started, playing with his pencil.

I slowly nodded my head, staring at him then back at the problem. I bit my lip, still not understanding what the heck was going on even though this was the unth time he’s explained it to me. Urgh, Alex Lee, why are you so worthless? Why can’t you just get this right, and boom, sunbae can just go home. Besides, it’s not like he has all night! He’s studying law for god’s sake!

“Alex.” Kyuhyun said, snapping me out of my mindless rumble.

“Y-yes?” I blinked.

“Did you get it yet?”

I frowned, wanting to bang my head against something. “N..No…”

He let out a deep sigh before rubbing his temples. “Oh god, Alex!”

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

He let out a groan before resting his back on the couch, “Alex, do me a favor and get me something hot to drink.”

“What do you want to drink?”

“Something that’ll keep me awake for another hour.” He massaged his nose bridge.

I obediently stood up and walked to my kitchen, looking around for tea.

Alex, you’re such an idiot. You’re an idiot. How could you just waste his time when he was busy studying? You’re an idiot—a fool. Urgh, why Alex? Why?

I put water in the kettle and placed it on the stove and sat on the counter opposite of the stove as I just stared at it.

Stupid Alex, stupid. I guess they were right. I was going to turn out to be a complete idiot after all. Urgh, how could you, Alex? Why?

Urgh, here I go all over again.

Yup, this was me. This was the whiny me that always comes out whenever something goes wrong. You know what? Why can’t I be like Chae? You know, be someone that doesn’t whine but just does it. It would be a whole lot easier for me to live my life and for everyone to get on with theirs. But nope, I’m a whiny child that whines whenever she can’t get what she wants. , right?

“I hate this.” I muttered to myself.

Of all things that I want in this life, I believe wanting to be that quiet child that doesn’t do anything but work sounds good—right? I mean, doesn’t it? No one would get annoyed, and I can actually live. Yup, that defiantly sounds fun.

I let my head rest against the fridge as I sleeply stared at the kettle. It’s only 11, and I’m already this tired? Wow, do I fail or what? I mean, I’ve stayed up longer than this. I know I can stay awake, but I just can’t.

The kettle rang, I immediately got off the counter and took it off the stove and poured the water into a cup. Grabbing the tea bag, I put it into the cup and walked back to the table—to find Kyuhyun fast asleep.

I set the tea next to him before poking his shoulder, “Sunbae?”

There was no answer…

Well…I guess someone must’ve been awfully tired…

I grabbed my blanket that was on the couch and placed it over his body.

Poor guy, he’s gonna have cramps everywhere tomorrow.

I turned off the main lights and the lamp light near my desk before grabbing my calculus text book and placing it on the desk. I retied my hair before staring at it with a small smile on my face, “Alright, I’m gonna die tonight!

This was my usual night. You know, studying and what not. Don’t judge, I know you’re jealous because of my perfect grades and what not! I mean, what else can I do other than study?

If I can’t even study, than what would happen to my life?

This life beats people up and is unfair to everyone. But you know what? I live in this world, so I might as well make the best of it. It may try to bring me down, but if I can’t even do a simple thing such as study to do well in life, then what good am I? So I defiantly don’t have time to play around, not yet.

I continued to study for a little bit longer, playing around with my pencil before I found myself sketching away on the side. I checked the time—2AM. Wow, that fast? Two hours just pass by that fast?

A sigh came from me as I grabbed another piece of paper and started writing on it again. A small yawn escaped as my eyes grew even more tired. Oh come on, class doesn’t even start until 9!

My eyes continued to droop down again and again.

Suddenly, arms hugging my neck woke me up.

“…Sora, do you know how much I missed you.”

….Sora?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rushed chapter, but I'm lazy and tired ^^" Sorry D:

Remember to comment! Or else...Well...Lemme spell my love for you. S-T-A-L-K-E-R if you don't ;)