Tonight, Maybe I'll try.

Math Saved My Love Life!

Alex POV


“You’re  going out with who?” I blinked, staring at her.

“I know! I was finally able to ask him!” Chae beamed as she lay on the grass.

It was finally March, and I realized that I hadn’t seen Kyuhyun in a long while—particularly because I’ve been trying to avoid him—but this was still major news. I knew Chae was a bit interested in him, but it was typically the guy that asked her out. And I know, Kyuhyun has asked tried to ask her out before, but that ended up with him being my tutor—which later turned to be a drama filled storm because…Well, you know.

“You don’t mind, do you?” Chae asks, breaking my bubble.

I shook my head, getting back to reality. “Why would I mind?” I ask, trying to pay attention to my book. I’ve been trying to get into reading again, trying to do things other than studying.

“Well, it’s just that, I’ve been trying to avoid asking him because you guys seemed so close.”

Ha. Us. Close.

“I would’ve been happy if you would had asked him sooner.” I say, flipping a page in my book. “He had the biggest crush on you for a while.”

Chae beamed, “REALLY?”

“Yes, really.” I smile.

There was a silence in the conversation. I really didn’t care, I just paid attention to the book. The wind blew, and it was a bit chilly since we were outside, but it was still bearable weather. You could see flowers beginning to grow—although they weren’t close to blossoming yet.

“So I heard from Henry that you’re going out with someone?” Chae smiled.

“Yeah.”

“Who is he?”

“Just a guy that asked me out during work, he’s a loyal customer.”

“And you said yes because he’s a loyal customer?”

“No, I said yes because he’s a really cool guy.”

Chae stared at me, “Hey, are you mad at me?” her voice was soft, and she seemed worried.

“I’m not mad at all.” I say.

Okay, I’m just going to be completely honest here. Yes, I’m a bit mad. But I don’t know why I am mad. Maybe it was just one of those days where I’m mad for absolutely no reason whatsoever, but then again, what reason do I have to be mad? After all, Kyuhyun’s just my friend. Just. My. Friend.

“Are you sure?”

“Why are you asking?” I grumble, closing my book.

“I don’t know, I just had my suspicions, you know?”

“You already asked him out, so it’ll be fine.”

“So you did have attractions to him?”

“Will you please stop the questioning?” I looked at her, “I had told you earlier that I don’t care, I have told you before that I don’t have care. Now if you excuse me, I have a date.” I got up, grabbed my backpack and began walking away.

I know, I know. I’m being absolutely immature right now, but I can’t help it! I’m mad, mostly at myself for liking Kyuhyun, but mostly because I broke the girl code. Don’t like the guy  your friend likes. It’s in the girble (similar to the broble, but for females) and it’s a commandment that I just had to break.

My legs kept on going until I didn’t see Chae anymore, and before I knew it, I was at home. I took a deep breath and got out my key as I unlocked the door.

I’m frustrated, I’m angry, I’m…I’m just stupid.

I threw my bag on the counter as I took of my shoes. I opened my frige, and there was alcohol from Henry from New Years. The six pack was still unopened, completely untouched (mostly because I don’t drink, and Henry hasn’t been here in a long while to take it away from me).

But tonight, maybe I’ll try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I have the next chapter in the q, it's like 40% done, so you won't have to wait 30 days for another update)