36- Taken

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

 (Kyuhyun POV)


 

So, hours had passed, Chae left earlier—sadly—and now I’m just hanging out with Henry, waiting for Alex to get out…So I can bribe her…With Shinhwa CDs…Because I at apologizing. I looked at Henry, who was sweeping the floor, wearing his butler costume.

So…Apparently, it was Yesung who thought of the cosplay idea.

Honestly, there’s something wrong with Yesung. You would’ve thought, after seeing him all this time on TV, that he would be normal. But nope, he’s just a strange…A very strange man indeed.

“So? What do you think about your first day of work?” Henry asked.

I ed the shirt and took off the hat. My thoughts turning back to Alex and what she was wearing. A maid costume. Maybe, if Chae wore it, I would fanboy even more. Well, maybe it’s because I’ve watched too much , but still.

Curse you anime.

“Yo, Kyuhyun.” Henry’s voice rang, breaking myself free from my mental babble.

 “I don’t know how Alex deals with it everyday.” I say.

Henry chuckles, “I know, right? She practically spends her entire youth here. When classes are done, or before they even start, she just works.”

“Really?” I looked at Henry, “You would’ve thought that she’s done something else.”

“She hangs out with you though.” Henry added, “She hangs out with you a lot.”

“Yeah, but it’s a tutor and student thing.”

“Late at night?” one of Henry’s eyebrows rang, “C’mon, I would’ve thought that you two would’ve…You know!”

I looked at him, confused, “That we would’ve…What?”

“Had…Um…” Henry thought for a moment, “Attempted to make bunnies.”

“What? Why would we do that? We don’t have rabbits.” I laughed, looking at Henry.

He gave me an idiotic stare, “Seriously?”

“Alex doesn’t even like to have dust rabbits in the house, much less—OH WAIT, YOU MEAN THAT KIND OF BUNNIES.”

Henry slowly nodded.

Oh I feel like an idiot.

“NO! NOOOO! NONONONONO.” I shook my head, “We only study.”

“Sure.” Henry sarcastically said.

“What?” I blinked, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing at all.” He shook his head, smiling at me. His eyes widened for a moment, “So…Who gave you the love mark?”

“Love mark?” I blinked.

Henry pointed to the left side of my neck, I grabbed a spoon and looked at it, and there it was. A small purple spot. How the heck did that appear there?

“Alex.” My eyes widened, remembering that night.

“Alex?”

I looked at Henry, and there was a wicked smile on his face. His eyes gleamed, he leaned closer.

“So? What did you two do?” his eyebrows wiggled.

“Nothing, I swear!”

“Mhm, I guess you keep your secrets in bed.”

“Seriously! It’s not like that!”

“It’s okay, Alex is gone, you can tell me.”

My eyes widened a little bit, “What? She’s gone?”

“Yeah, she left while you were in the restroom.”

“What? You didn’t tell me?” I asked, “It’s nighttime! What if something bad happens?”

“She always goes home alone…”

“What? What if someone tries to attack her?”

Henry blinked, “Why are you thinking of the worst possibility?”

“Because it might happen!” I say, going into the locker room and grabbing my clothes and bag that contained all the Shinhwa CD’s before I ran back out again. “See you next time, Henry!”

“Return the costume soon!” Henry waved.

And if I heard correctly, I could’ve sworn he said something along the lines of, “Oh those hopelessly in love kids.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

I ran down the normal route that I used to take Alex home to try and find her.

There she was, simply walking.

It was her, I knew it was her. She wore the same thing she wore earlier, and the bag that she had on earlier. I’m sure it wasn’t someone else.

Should I just creep on her?

I walked behind her, following her. Maybe, if someone tries to attack her, I’ll just pop out of nowhere and save her.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

She was walking…Walking…and there’s that model looking guy that—oh god, that guy that kissed her walking the other direction—facing her.

“Oh, Alex?”

Alex looked up, a little surprised, “Oh, Hyun, what are you doing here?”

 “Is the café closed?” he asked, ignoring her question all together.

She nodded, “Normally, at 10-ish.”

“Why are you walking at night, alone?”

“I just got off work…” she stated the obvious.

“Right.” Seunghyun nodded, “Sorry, kinda…Scatter brained.”

She looked at him for a moment before smiling, “Hey Seunghyun, can I ask you something?”

He, being a smart alleck, was like, “You just did.”

“No silly.” She chuckled; “I was just wondering…” she looked down, as if trying to find the right words to say.

“If…?”

“Ah, I’m sorry, it’s just kinda of…embarrassing for me to say this.”

What on earth is she talking about? What’s embarrassing? Alex, quickly say it! I’m confused! I wanna know! Now! Say it now!

“C’mon Alex. Just say it.” Seunghyun says, as if reading my mind. “Aren’t you cold?” he suddenly felt her cheeks. “Why aren’t you wearing a scarf?”

“I didn’t think I would be outside for long.” She simply replied.

He leaned in, looking at her with a worried glance. She looked back at him with her gorgeous black eyes.  Her black eyes are just so…So pretty. I’m jealous that Hyun was looking at them, rather than me.

“Do you still want to go out with me?” I heard Alex suddenly, and very boldly, say.

My eyes widen, and so did Seunghyun’s. I looked at Alex, what?

“Is that offer…Still available?”

No, no, Seunghyun, tell her no. Tell her it isn’t available anymore, tell her now!

He simply smiled at her.

I felt like I was going down the first drop in a rollercoaster. That speechless, scary moment. The moment that you wish would be over as quick as possible, or didn’t happen. You know what I mean, right?

When you first ride the roller coaster, there’s a horrible drop down that normal people hate. That feeling where you feel as though your heart is about to rip from its place, where your stomach flips, where you wish that it wasn’t real—or that it wasn’t happening.

Alex smiled, holding his hand, turning red.

I felt somewhat bothered by this. I don’t know why, I don’t want to know why. I was just completely, and utterly flustered.

There was a part of me that was angry, a part of me that wanted to run over to her and say, “No, no you can’t.”

But why am I feeling this way? I told her before that she should date whoever makes her happy. But why am I like this now? Why do I want to stop her? I’m nothing to her.

I quietly walked away, knowing that Seunghyun was going to take her home.

However, the road home felt…Weird. It felt wispy, empty, just…Quiet, or maybe loud. I don’t know, it felt…Lonely. Yes, lonely, that’s the right word. The perfect word, in fact.

As I got in my studio, I sat on the stool, lifelessly. Thinking.

She’s no longer in my grasps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment or else...Or else...Gah, can't think of a threat. 

Hmm..

Comment so that Kyuhyun wouldn't be so depressed!

...

Why do I feel like no one's going to be commenting about it, rahter, they'll go, "YOU SHOULD'VE SNATCHED HER UP SOONER YOU IDIOT!"