37: Girl #1 Needs to Mature Some More

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

(Alex POV)


 

So, I’m just in Mokpo, staring at my room in the middle of the night.

Thousands of thoughts flew past my mind that night. It was mostly going, “Why did I ask Hyun that when I’m not ready for a relationship?” and, “Damn it, if Kyuhyun just randomly came out of the bush and stopped me, it would’ve ended differently!” that sort of thing. However, the answer would just come back to me.

It was all for Chae.

If I got a boyfriend now, the pain of Kyuhyun being with Chae wouldn’t hurt as much. But then again, am I using Seunghyun for that reason? I couldn’t be. Please, tell me that I’m not.  I’m not that kind of person, right? I wouldn’t hurt someone to make myself feel better, I’m just not.

“What do I do?” I muttered quietly.

My eyes stared mindlessly at the wall.

Drink, I need a drink.

Quietly, I got off the bed and tiptoed into the kitchen—there, I saw Donghae who walked out at the same time as me.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Donghae beamed.

I blinked for a little bit, “What time is it?”

“Four in the morning.”

“Huh, it’s pretty early.” I muttered.

“Why are you up so early?” he asked, going over to the dining table.

“I was…Thinking.” I simply say, walking over to him.

“Thinking about what?”

“Just…” I pursed my lips, “I guess you could say…There’s a lot of drama going on.”

“What? Tell me.” Donghae said, suddenly getting interested.

I thought for a moment. Would it be weird if I told my brother? I mean, I obviously can’t tell Chae. And if I tell Henry, he’ll seem bias and want me with Kyuhyun…And Siwon…I just don’t see him that often anymore. Maybe, just maybe, telling Donghae won’t be so bad.

“Could you get me something warm to drink?” I managed to say.

Donghae gave me a worried look. “Hot chocolate…Is that okay?”

I gave him a small smile, nodding.

He got up from his seat, and started making the drink. He put water in a cup and started to microwave it. Once it was done, he put the hot chocolate powder in it and walked towards me, giving me it.

“Spill.” He says—not referring to the drink, of course.

I looked at Donghae before taking a sip of the drink. Taking a deep sigh, I started.

“Let’s say…I know someone who really likes this guy. However, the guy likes her best friend, and at first…The girl was helping the guy set up a date with her best friend—in exchange for him helping her with school.”

“So the girl’s the pimp.” Donghae said.

I chuckled, “Um…Sure.”

“Sorry, continue.”

Nodding I took a deep breath. “Well, to be honest. From what I know, the guy is amazingly sweet. He’s handsome, tall, polite, someone that a mother would want for her daughter to bring home. From what I know…And trust me, on my part, I spend a lot of time with him, he’s really caring. Not a player type at all.”

“Damn, making you fall for him.” Donghae added.

“Shut up.”

“Sorry.”

“Anyways.” I huffed, “He knew how self-conscious she was, so he constantly told her how pretty she was. He made her laugh, and feel less lonely.” I looked down at the cup, “When she was ditched on a date, he tried to make her feel better by going on the date in the original guy’s place. But then something happened…”

“What? What happened?” Donghae asked.

“She found out that she was in love with him. Not the simple love, but head over heels in love. And then the two…kissed.”

“Bwoh?” Donghae suddenly bursted out, “Who kissed you?”

“Donghae-yah!” I said, “I said it was a friend.”

“…Right…” he said, not believing me.

“Anyways. He said that he didn’t feel anything with it—that it was just an, ‘at the moment’ kind of thing.” I felt my heart hurt a little bit. “My friend felt…Heartbroken, and she was crying to me about it. Soon after, the other girl that the guy liked told girl #1 that she liked that guy. Girl #1 was…Hurt.—Ah, that’s right, I didn’t tell you that girl #1 had a confession from the guy that ditched her on a date because he had work.”

“Wait a second.” Donghae said, his eyes on me. “Let me get this straight. Girl #1 tried to help guy #1 get on a date with girl #2. However, girl #1 found herself falling in love with guy #1. But then, she gets a confession from guy #2, but guy #2 ditched her on a date because he had work. Then guy #1 tried to cheer her up by going on a date with her, but it ended up with —”

“N-not !” I say, turning red.

“Right, kissing.” Donghae rolled his eyes, “Anyways, girl #1 gets depressed. Then, suddenly, girl #2 tells girl #1 that girl #2 likes guy #1.  Girl #1 is devastated. Is that correct so far?”

“Yes.” I nodded my head. “Then after that, girl #1, not wanting to be hurt, went to guy #2 and asked him if his offer of being his girlfriend was still available. And now…They’re together…I think.”

Donghae nodded, trying to process this all in. “Can I be honest with you?” he asked.

“That’s what I want.”

“Girl #1 and guy #1 are both idiots.” Donghae stated matter of factly. “Obviously, guy #1 has feelings for girl #1 if he’s willing to make her happy—wait, does guy #1 spend more time with girl #1 then girl #2?”

“Yes, yes he does.” I nod.

“Obviously, like any other guy, he fell for girl #1 over time. Er—how long have they known each other?”

“Four months…? I think? Five months.”

“Wow, that was…really fast.” Donghae muttered. “Honestly, I don’t think girl #1 and guy #1 should be together—until they sort their feelings out. I say, they should work on their friendship first. If, of course, girl #1 wants the relationship to last long. If they truly love each other, then well…They’ll chase after each other sooner or later. But for now, I really recommend them to try and create a best-friend kind of atmosphere with each other—just to know that their feelings are real, and not just the simple kind of love where the feelings fade, you know?”

I slowly nodded.

“For now, I really don’t think those two belong together. As harsh as that sounds, I think girl #1 needs to mature a little bit more. Let her know herself before she gets into another relationship. Or at least, build herself first. For me, I don’t want her to be hurt again—not after the last two guys.” Donghae says, staring at my eyes.

I was silent for a bit before I simply say, “Donghae, how many times do I have to tell you that it isn’t me?”

“Just making sure.” Donghae shrugged, fixing his hair. “But since girl #1 is now dating guy #2, maybe she should just focus on him. Maybe they’ll fall in love.”

“Right.” I smiled, nodding.

“Never the less, I want the girl to know that if anyone breaks her heart, that her older brother, guy #3” he pointed to himself, “Will kick anyone’s to make them regret hurting you.”

“Again, it isn’t me.” I muttered.

“Whatever.” Donghae says, resting his cheek on his fist. “Want ramen?”

“Are you hungry?”

“Starved.”

“Let’s share it.”

Donghae gave me his eye smile before getting up to make ramen.

I looked at his chair, a smile soon falling on my face.

I guess I need to mature a whole lot first, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment or else our baby shall never mature .___.