Wonderful Mistake

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

Kyuhyun POV


 

Okay, before I say anything, I just wanted to tell you that I have no idea how this became the conversation topic. All I remember is that mom and dad were telling Ara—my older sister—to get a boyfriend, and to bring him home…And somehow…Just somehow, that wench turned the conversation to me, telling them that I haven’t dated in 5 years—which I did, thank you very much.

“Oh, Kyuhyun! Don’t you have a girlfriend yet?” my mom frowned, “It’s already hard enough that Ara’s single, but you too?”

Think of a lie Kyuhyun, think of a lie.

“Actually, I do.” I say. “I just…Didn’t want to introduce her to you guys since we haven’t known each other for so long.”

Mom seemed surprised, “What? Really?”

I gulped. I’m such a terrible liar!

“Y-yeah! She’s really, really pretty.”

“Her name?” Ara asked, shock was in her voice.

I paused for a moment, “Why should I tell you?”

Ara rolled her eyes, “So you don’t have one. I knew it.”

“I do too!” I say defensively.

“Please show us a picture as proof.”

“We haven’t taken one yet, we just started dating.” He muttered.

“Liar.” Ara muttered, playing with her food.

“I don’t see why you won’t tell us her name, Kyuhyun.” Mom muttered.

I was silent for a moment, thinking of one of my friends—someone that they could believe.

“Alex. It’s Alex.”

“Alex?” mom blinked, “Isn’t that a guy’s name.”

“No, no, it’s also a girl’s name. Alex is a girl.” I smiled.

“Ahh…” mom nodded.

“Liar.” Ara muttered.

“It’s the truth!” I say.

“Why don’t you bring her home for Lunar new years?” Mom asked—even though it sounds more like a demand—soon, she smiled. “I’d love to meet her.”

I shook my head, “N-no, w-we just started—”

“There’s nothing wrong with having her meet us.” Dad said. “Unless…Is she those girls where you date just for—”

“No, no!” I shook my head, “She isn’t like that at all.”

“Well then, I don’t see the point in not letting us meet her.”

“It’s not like that.”

“It’s decided then!” mom beamed, “Bring her over on New Years.”

I was about to say something, until mom gave me that look. You know, the look that mothers give you telling you to shut up. I’m scared of my mother, so I just obeyed.

Great, what do I do?

And of all people, why Alex? I’m sure I have many other female friends! I’m Cho freaking Kyuhyun for God’s sake! I’m popular-ish with the girls!

But no, it had to be the girl that was mad at me.

Cho Kyuhyun, why are you so stupid?

Sigh. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Such a short chapter TT__TT Sorry!

But comment please! So that I can update more!