13-From Bad to Good?

Math Saved My Love Life!

Alex POV


I laid in bed, staring at the wall, smiling like the idiot that the world (Chae and Henry) know that I am. Ohh isn’t life sweet? For once, I feel like I did something important! Not something as boring as…Well, what I usually do—but something that I can be proud of! I swear, if they get married, Kyuhyun owes me sooo much.

“Alex, we’re back~” Chae sang.

I immediately got up and walked downstairs with the blanket over my head, covering my body. “Welcome back!” Chae smiled, but it was only her. “Where’s Kyuhyun?”

“Parking the car.”

Chae handed me the medicine before walking over to take a seat on my couch.

“So Alex, do you want to come to a party with me on Saturday?” Chae asked, “You’ll most likely get better by then, so there’s no problem, right?”

I paused for a moment, “But, but I have tutoring, a-and I really don’t like parties.”

“Of course you don’t.” Chae sighed, “Come on, it can’t be that bad! Just once!”

I shook my head once more, “Tutoring.”

“Oh come on! It’s not like Kyuhyun’s going to mind!”

“But Chae, I don’t want to fail Calculus.”

Chae stood up, “I think you should have more of a life, worrying about dying before living it rather than worry about the future.”

“Chae, you don’t understand.” I took in a deep breath, “I need to pass Calculus.”

“Why?” she crossed her arms, “It’s not important.”

“CHAE!” I started to get irritated, “Why can’t you see this in my point of view? I need money to take care of my mother.”

“Donghae’s making enough money.”

Great, here goes our usual argument. This is why I’m not as close to Chae, and I want her to date. It’s simply because she pays more attention to the guy she’s dating than she does to me. Which is a really good thing since I finally get some peace and quiet.

“Chae, that’s a bit selfish, don’t you think?” I huffed, “My brother is already paying for this place, and he’s helping me pay for my school. The least I could do for him is study.”

“Alex, just come with me for once! It’s not going to hurt!”

“The answer is no.”

“Alex Lee, just enjoy your college years.”

“Chae, just hush up and let me live the way I want to live.”

“ALEX!”

“Get out.” I huffed.

Chae looked at me before standing up. “Of course.” She muttered before leaving.

Okay, okay, I know what you’re thinking. That was terrible! How could you kick your friend out? But you gotta understand me! This is what we do really often. Chae and I always fight about the stupidest things, which really urks me. I mean, we’re friends, aren’t we? Shouldn’t she understand that I hate parties? There’s no point in them! Besides, all those horror stories about girls getting at parties scare the crap out of me!

I wiped the tears out of my eyes before taking the medicine.

You know what I hate? I hate the fact that I always cry whenever Chae and I have our fights. Of all things, this is really usual, but why must I even cry? Is it because she’s the only friend that I have that isn’t family?

Urgh, life.

“Alex!” Kyuhyun’s voice rang.  I turned around and saw him walking in, taking his coat off. His face turned from an innocent smile to a, “Alex,” he frowned. “Are you okay?” he wiped away my tears.

“Yeah, it’s only allergies.” I sniffed. “Ahh, I hate this season.” I sneezed.

“Have you eaten yet?”

“Just a little bit.”

He sighed, looking around, he asked, “Where’s Chae?”

“She left. She had things to do.” I muttered, walking over to my couch and the TV.

“Oh really?” Kyu followed and sat next to me, “Why do I feel as if that’s a lie?”

Probably because it is?

“So what are we watching?” Kyu asked.

I looked at him, “You don’t have any plans?”

“Not unless you kick me out.” He shrugged.

I chucked a little bit, “Just gonna watch a few cartoons, that’s all.”

“Well,” I looked at him, he showed me a black case. “Do you like Harry Potter?”

“I haven’t even watched the first one.”

He gasped, “WHAT?”

I nodded, “I never watched the—”

“Let’s start now.”

I blinked for a little bit, watching him put on the dvd’s in the dvd player.

I wanted to say, “Uh…I’m gonna go to sleep.” Like I would to anyone else (Except for Chae) but I don’t want to be rude. He is tutoring me after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this was a lazy chapter xD Oh well, it's a drabble! :D Anyways, this wasn't a filler at first, but meh, i'm lazy xD Sorry, but I have stuff to do (Sadly)