7-Angel Alex is Busy Helping Kyuhyun!

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

 (Alex POV)


I sat next to Kyuhyun with my MAC on my lap since I noticed that he kept on staring at me when all I did was type on my essay. Weird…. I mean, does this guy like bugging girls or something? I mean, so far, he’s been poking me, talking to me, and just…Distracting me! Aish, he’s just—you know what? Just keep studying~ Just keep studying~ Just keep study-study-studying~ Like that song from Finding Nemo but with Studying rather than Swimming!

“Gyachu!” I sneezed, turning my head away.

“Bless you.” Kyuhyun said, looking up from reading one of my batman comics.

“Thank you.” I smiled, reaching over for a blanket that was on the couch to cover up my cold body.

“Are you okay?” he asked me, closing the book.

I looked at him and nodded, grabbing a few tissues from the stand that was right next to the couch. “It’s just allergy season again, so this happens a lot.” I replied, clicking save on MS word.

“Oh…” he nodded, scooting closer to me—making me EXTREMEMLY awkward since I barely know this guy. “Ah, Alex,” he started, “Your internet is wireless right?”

 I looked at him and nodded, “Yes, why?”

“Is there a pass code of some sort?”

“Uh…Yeah, I’ll type it in for you.”

He quickly grabbed his laptop from his bag, turned it on and handed it to me. I went to the internet access and typed in the code.

“Ah, Alex, you’re going to the Art festival right?” he asked, trying to start up yet another subject.

I gave him back the computer, “Nope, I have some assignments to work on.”

“Come on! Please come!” Kyuhyun pouted.

“I dunno, it’s not like I can just give up studying…” I mumbled, turning off my computer.

“But I don’t know how to speak to Chae! I’m so nervous when I even try to ask her out on dates! Please Alex?”

I sighed, putting the computer on the coffee table, I shrugged, “I dunno…”

There was a silence of us two just sitting on the couch for approximately 10 seconds before Kyuhyun went, “I’ll…Ah! I’ll buy you batman stuff!”

My eyes suddenly widened as I turned to look at him with my face possibly beaming at the word, “Batman?” I clasped my hands, staring at him.

Yes, I, Alex Lee, am possibly the biggest batman nerd in the world! But can you blame me? He’s so cool! And the Joker is just amazing—although he’s better in the comic series, and trust me when I say that since I’m the biggest Batman nerd in the world! Well, probably not the biggest, but close enough!

“Lots and lots of batman! So please help me!”

I quickly nodded, “Alrighty then! But wouldn’t it be awkward for me to just leave you two alone for no reason?”

“Nooo!!” Kyu awkwardly laughed, “I was thinking about putting you on my Bluetooth!”

“Bluetooth?”

He nodded, grabbing his backpack, “Tada!” he said showing me the earpiece, “It’ll help me listen to you without looking weird!”

I nodded, “Well that sounds fun,” I beamed, “Kinda like spies, but for a good reason and the let’s-not-murder-people kind of reason.” I grinned, turning around, only to see the clock that said, 5:45. I gasped, quickly placing my laptop aside as I started to run upstairs, rip off my shirt before changing into a grey t-shirt that said, “Don’t Deny The π!” in big bold black letters on a grey shirt, threw on a pink knit cardigan (It was on sale okay?) and khaki pants. Running downstairs, I grabbed my book bag, put my laptop in there and looked at Kyuhyun, “Let’s go Kyu!”

He nodded and grabbed his backpack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~’

I sighed, letting my back rest against the wall. I was listening to my ipod, you know, the daily kpop/jpop stuff. “Wild Eyes” by Nana Mizuki was playing. I was mouthing the lyrics that barely anyone in Korea could understand. Reason: It was in Japanese.

“Alex! Alex!” Henry poked my arm, I turned around to look at him.

“Hm?” I motioned with my eyes getting bigger while I was leaning towards him. He did the motion of “Take your earphones off!” which I did.

He beamed, “Why did the boy drop his ice cream cone?”

Ahhh, the daily joke!

“…Why?”

“He got hit by a bus!”

I started laughing like crazy while Henry was grinning like an idiot. Yes, can you believe this has been going on for the last 3 months! It’s almost hilarious! He’s possibly gonna be the best Canadian that you would ever meet! Honestly, I can’t imagine life without this kid! Well-I can, but it would be less dark, funny, and seriously, this kid is the only one that can make me laugh at Laffy Taffy Jokes. LAFFY TAFFY JOKES, now you gotta agree with me, anyone that can make you laugh with those jokes are talented.

“So~ Alex, I see you brought Cho Sunbae again.” He eyes me suspiciously.

I nodded, “He’s really nice! Plus he was tutoring me today.” I said, pressing the pause button.

“Eh? Then why is he here now?”

“Because we’re going to the Art festival together.”

“Festival?”

“I don’t know, but Kyuhyun suggested it today! You can come if you want!”

“Eh? Really? I’m not ruining anything, right?”

“Nope, Chae’s coming! So please Henry? Please please please?” I begged.

He blinked for a bit, “It depends, what kind of festival? The one near here, the one with the rides and everything?”

“Yeah, that! Please come?” I begged, I mean, I don’t want to be with Chae and Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun needs his alone time with Chae, and if I were to come, how would they be able to hook up?

Henry was doing his thinking face, (Which could be easily labeled as his diarrhea face) “Sure, why not?”

So for the next 3 hours, I was doing orders and well, being an ordinary waitress. Taking orders from people, and watching over Kyuhyun. That’s pretty much all that I’m doing. I don’t know how long Kyuhyun would keep on going to the café to only use the internet, but eh, it’s not like he’s just gonna come here and do nothing! He’s going to “buy” coffee here whether he likes it or not! Plus he’s rich! He wouldn’t mind!

When I finished with my work hours, I changed from my work clothes to my ordinary clothes and put my glasses back on. I checked my hair on my locker mirror, closed the door and soon walked out to see Chae sitting next to Kyuhyun, those two talking away. Being the nice person I am, I went over to bug Henry who was cleaning the counter with a green rag.

“You ready?” I asked him.

Henry looked up at me, turning his gaze to Kyuhyun and Chae. “Hey, if you don’t go to your guy right now, Chae might steal him!”

I want her to steal him silly Canadian!

“Eh, I’ll risk it!” I grinned.

Henry just stared at me with a confused expression, “Why? Isn’t he your lover?”

My head jerked back, my face had a puzzled look to it, “Says who?”

“Says Henry Lau!” he grinned.

I rolled my eyes, and patted his shoulder, “Go change, I’ll clean up.”

Henry handed me the rag, “Alrighty then!” he sang, walking away to the employee room.

I was cleaning the counter before my phone went, “Dashin Never la-a-a-a-a-a-and –a-a-a-a-and” I quickly picked it up and said, “Hello?”

“ARREEEEEEEEXXXSHHHHHHHHHHEHH” that dweebish voice yelled.

“HWOOONNNNNNIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE” I mimicked.

I heard him laugh, “How’s my little batker?” (He calls me batker since I love Batman and the Joker)

I let out a breath,“Tired, and you need to send me money! I’m hungry HWAAANNNIIIEEEE” I said, repeating to what I mimicked earlier.

“Eh? Doesn’t your brother send you money?” he asked, confusion in his voice, “I mean, he is the soccer player that won for South Korea in 2010!”

“Barely.” I scoffed, “I mean, I have a low wage job, plus the rent is like $600 a month which is my entire paycheck so Donghae’s money comes in, and the rest is spent on food and batman, well…Batman if I’m lucky. I mean, I’m thankful for Donghae, but Siwon, you know I’m a girl, I need to buy certain female things and the food that comes with my rampaging package or whatever.” I said, trying to be discrete to not say PMS.

I could imagine him nodding right now, “Ah, I see.” He said, I imagine him nodding his head. “Ah, Alex, did you get my package yet?”

“What package?”

“What? What package, I didn’t say package.” Siwon suddenly excused himself—and if I might say BADLY excused himself, I rolled my eyes.

“Cat’s out of the bag, tell me.”

“Cat? What cat? Oh silly Alex! Don’t you mean bat?”

“That’s a cave you dimwit, now tell me!”

“I refuse!”

“Then I’ll hang up.”

“Wait! No!” Siwon interjected.

I sighed, “Then what do you want?”

“I missed you?” he asked, giving a small chuckle at the end.

“Ehhgg…” I groaned, knowing Siwon, that could only mean very few things.

“What?”he asked, confused.

“What do you want from me again? Come over your dorms for me to check if your abs are still ‘smexy’?”

“….”

“I’m right aren’t I.” I said as a matter of factly.

I can just imagine him, cocking his head to one side as he went,“Well….”

“I’m kinda busy right now…” I muttered.

“I’ll feed you!” he said, seducing me with food again.

“Kyuhyun Sunbae already beat you to it.” I mumbled.

“Kyuhyun? Wait, a guy? That’s a guy’s name right? Or is the sunbae a foreigner?”

“I gotta go Siwon.”

“WAIT!”

I closed the phone.

 Yeap, that was pretty much my other best friend, Choi Siwon. Well, not much as a friend, more like my older brother that has no relation to me what-so-ever! Let’s see…How can I describe how he looks…Hm…Ah, do you know Hyun Bin? The guy in Secret Garden? Yeah, like him, but 100% more y! No, who’s the iest guy on earth? Well times him and 100, and he’ll be somewhat close to how Siwon looks like. No, I’m not lying, if you just saw Siwon when he’s shirtless, then you would die! That smooth Asian white skin as his back that you just wanna poke, and those rock hard abs in the front. No, I’m not a ert, but whenever he comes over; he takes a shower at my place and comes out shirtless with a towel wrapped around his waist even though he wears shorts underneath.

Trust me when I say this, I die a little every time he comes out of the shower. He’s that amazing—wait a second, I’m fangirling again. But can you blame me? I have this HUGEE crush on that dweeb!

“Aleeeexxxxx” Chae sang, skipping over towards me.

“Yes~?” I sang, looking up at her.

She placed her hands on my shoulders, “I think Kyuhyun Sunbae really likes you.” She winked, “Alex Lee! You finally got a man on your tail!”

I gave her a puzzled look, “What do you mean?”

“Well, we were talking, then suddenly he put you into the conversation. What on earth did you two do today? I mean, didn’t you two meet just yesterday?”

“We did…But we got to know each other better yesterday.”

“How?”

“Dongsaeng, did you know that Sunbae loves, as in LOVES Starcraft?” I asked her.

“Yeah, why?”

“Well, all yesterday, he was playing on his computer at the cafe!”

Chae blinked for a bit, “And he didn’t get kicked out?”

I shook my head, “I kept on giving him coffee so it looked like he bought them. I mean, I didn’t want him to get kicked out, considering he was your friend and all.”

She stared at me, “I see… So what do you think of him?”

 “Amazing, he’s a wonderful Sunbae.” I smiled.

“So do you think he’s dateable?”

Is this a chance to tell Chae to date him? Hopefully?

I started to wipe the counter again, “Totally! I mean, only an idiot would let a guy as cute as him pass by!”

“Really?” she asked, getting interested into the conversation.

“Really! Ah, Chae, you should nab him before I steal him!” I winked.

“Ehhh, I dunno, he’s not my type.”

“Come on, he’s cute, he’s smart, he’s kind, what else is there?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “I dunno, he’s just…nerdy, and…I just don’t know, he’s just not my type.”

I looked up again while still cleaning the counter, “Chae Kim! I’m not saying this as if I have any experience, but I bet he has some hot abs!”

She was staring at me with a bewildered face, “Alex Lee!” she exclaimed.

“I’m not kidding! He’s HOT!” I told her, fanning myself as a joke.

 “Who’s hot?”  Kyuhyun asked, walking in.

“E-Eh? N-No one!” I blushed.

Speaking of the devil…

I could feel Chae look at me, then at Kyuhyun. “I think I found someone that has a crush on you.”

“Eh? Who?” Kyuhyun grinned. Aish, I know he’s probably thinking that Chae is confessing to him, but I know Chae. She’s not like that, she’s more of the flirty type, as in the girl who would flirt with the guy she likes. No, she’s not a player, she ONLY does it to the guy she likes.

“Alex.” She said.

“CHHAAAAAAEEE!” I pouted my lips, “No I don’t!”

“Whatever you say Alex~” she sang.

I pouted my lips, I’m trying to make you like him! Not the other way around!

“So, are we all ready?” Henry asked, walking out of the employee room.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I said, “Ah, but let’s split into teams, cause I wanna eat first, and Chae, knowing you, you hate eating while going on rides, right?”

She nodded, “Yeah, why?”

“I call being with Henry! So you and Kyu go together, kay?” I smiled.

Chae’s eyes widened, I looked at Kyuhyun who had almost the same facial expression.

Kyuhyun, you’re welcome. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! So new update! :D Hope you liked it! <3